[Video] Xun d/d new roaming duo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

Morning guys, finally back after a while with something new:
It’s a duo wvw roaming as d/d, with camera swapped between me and my guardian m8 to show both points of view.

Build is my classic D/D, with new soothing wave trait

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbyR4gjDAkHuADLiCPUekzM2A-jEEBYgAYjgkIAUBgJfFRjtMMsVXRr8KIabYKXAaXJSFL1mcoWzJzcOQG0wyAoPGA-w

My armor is not that high because our setup has good defenses, but I will pump it up a little with ascended armor, maybe switching celestial legs for cavaliers.

Didn’t have time to test new builds and stuff yet

Hope you enjoy!

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

(edited by Xunleashed.5271)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Dat 2v10 at the beginning Great Video!!! Awesome editing like the split between you and the guardian. Reaper of Grenth if your human I think it is the best elite for Ele. So good!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Very nice video and gameplay from both of you! I was seriously surprised to see you perform that well with that low armor number against multiple targets focusing fire on you even if they were very noobish players. That’s how skillful players do it! Like Ozii I also loved the split between you and your partner on the video.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Very nice video! Welcome back! I have honestly never seen anything like this, the way you can just last between so many people. Is this the legendary power of the healway guardian? I prefer to roam with classes with more pressure, like engis or eles, so we down people faster and go from there, but this just looks awesome.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Try with an engie that calls out water fields. Can’t view on my phone. Farming a celestial set when I come back to gw2 for sure

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Wow, I’m at work so I only got to watch the beginning but that is such a hype video. Good stuff man! Hella inspiring.

Dat video editing! Glorious.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Very nice video and gameplay from both of you! I was seriously surprised to see you perform that well with that low armor number against multiple targets focusing fire on you even if they were very noobish players. That’s how skillful players do it! Like Ozii I also loved the split between you and your partner on the video.

I looked at the video again its like perma protection party. I only see a few moments where there is no protection up between him and the guardian very effective combo.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Amazing video. Well planned, well organized and well played.

I would say… You never looked like you were in dire straits because of conditions, and ether renewal looked like it interrupted your gameplay. I’d try SoR, although I use it with a higher armor number. With our perma regen, we have more healing/sec than a heal sig war.

Kudos, and hopefully I get to meet you on the battlefield someday.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I looked at the video again its like perma protection party. I only see a few moments where there is no protection up between him and the guardian very effective combo.

Ah nice observation. I didn’t pay attention to that. That would surely help. I like the very good sync both of them had except for the last minute or so of the video. Xun went chasing someone to down him while leaving his partner behind tanking 3-4 enemies by himself. I found that part funny.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Ah nice observation. I didn’t pay attention to that. That would surely help. I like the very good sync both of them had except for the last minute or so of the video. Xun went chasing someone to down him while leaving his partner behind tanking 3-4 enemies by himself. I found that part funny.

Must. Not. Let. Warriors. Live.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

I didn’t leave my partener, we are on comm obviously, he said “don’t care I can handle them”, so I decided that I wanted that warrior dead :P. Btw, thanks for replies.
About SoR: I used it for most fights then I switched it for ER. Dunno why but I still love ether renewal most, SoR gives me strong healing without stopping other skills, but when I get focused (for example when we have 2 or 3 of the same guild in the mix), ether helps me most.
So I had to choose: best healing over time or best healing when focused/kiting.
I think I will keep ether renewal on

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phens.3705

Phens.3705

Nice video, bountiful power really shines here! We all know we can’t sit in the thick and bang it out anymore but instead of quitting the class you adapted, watching you move in and out of combat was impressive. You made an even better move when you teamed up with that guard though, your complimentary builds and communication made for a exciting video. The only low I had was when I was reminded of how the current meta requires ridiculous amounts of cleanses. I do however appreciate your rebellious spirit in playing the old d/d meta build, everyone knows how hard Anet worked this December to open up build diversity for the eles, and your all like new dog old tricks. When I finally get some free time I’d like try out the build but I have a feeling your making it look really good.

Another d/d build I was looking at is 0/0/20/20/30. Prolly not as good for your duo, but rock solid and ether renewal are a strong combo, stone splinters is more consistent then bountiful power and not to mention stone flesh gives you nice return on toughness, letting you mix in some more offensive gear . The biggest downside to this build is having to run signet of air or traveler runes for that movement speed being melee. You’d have to either choose traveler runes with a loss of 30% boon duration and an extra utility slot, or vice versa. The earth line could also potentially free up the armor of earth utility slot with Earth’s embrace and rock solid, letting you bring some more variation into the build, perhaps arcane spells or cleansing flame. kitten sorry this is so long got a mechanical keyboard for Christmas and typing has never been so much fun. Anyways, Nice Video!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

He gets a cleansr every 10s or so and every water attune swap. Ea is a cleanse and so is water 5. That is enough solo roaming 1v1. There was one point he had a lot of condis on him. Luckily he knows how to use water sparingly and not just switch every time its up. Guard prob helped with condi removal as well. Try killing 2 guards running that build it takes forever. I’d say he did a good job with ether. Used it away from enemies. Have you tried arcane shield instead of armor of earth?

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

I tried arcane shield, in big fights it explodes instantly, I tried run with arcane wave too, but nothing compares those 10 seconds of stability and protection when u burst ur enemies, if u fail that burst u must start kiting and wait for a new moment

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I like arcane shield to sometimes replace cleansing wave which I usually run. Sometimes I wish arcane shield was a cantrip Armor of Earth is overall better imo. I do love shield when it explodes though.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Awesome vid. How do you think you’d do with a staff?

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

Staff balanced/support will be ok in a small team, if u have someone else doing damage, u can bring strong cc, heals, and some dps.
Staff “berserk” is ok only in big groups, where good positioning is key to stay alive and ur aoe damage is not easy to avoid.

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

Nice video, bountiful power really shines here! We all know we can’t sit in the thick and bang it out anymore but instead of quitting the class you adapted, watching you move in and out of combat was impressive. You made an even better move when you teamed up with that guard though, your complimentary builds and communication made for a exciting video. The only low I had was when I was reminded of how the current meta requires ridiculous amounts of cleanses. I do however appreciate your rebellious spirit in playing the old d/d meta build, everyone knows how hard Anet worked this December to open up build diversity for the eles, and your all like new dog old tricks. When I finally get some free time I’d like try out the build but I have a feeling your making it look really good.

Another d/d build I was looking at is 0/0/20/20/30. Prolly not as good for your duo, but rock solid and ether renewal are a strong combo, stone splinters is more consistent then bountiful power and not to mention stone flesh gives you nice return on toughness, letting you mix in some more offensive gear . The biggest downside to this build is having to run signet of air or traveler runes for that movement speed being melee. You’d have to either choose traveler runes with a loss of 30% boon duration and an extra utility slot, or vice versa. The earth line could also potentially free up the armor of earth utility slot with Earth’s embrace and rock solid, letting you bring some more variation into the build, perhaps arcane spells or cleansing flame. kitten sorry this is so long got a mechanical keyboard for Christmas and typing has never been so much fun. Anyways, Nice Video!

Cleanse is the problem, u really need it, water line is still the most solid trait line. It gives u heals, cleanses, boosts up 2 useful stats, and gives u damage too (boutiful power that is a good 5%+).
Arcana is arcana… No need to expain that.
When the day will come and we will not be forced on all those cleanses, new builds will shine up for DD

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

bumping it back if someone missed it

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Posted by: archeon.5349

archeon.5349

Just saw your post and I was wondering why do you use sigil of battle? Does it work with swap attunement?

[PuL] PU de Luxe
Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

Yes it does, every attunement swap is also considered a weapon swap, so elementalists actually have way more weapon swap “triggers” than any other class. Sigil of battle does have an internal 9 second cooldown though. So with boon duration runes thats a maximum of 9 stacks of might in a sustained battle.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

archeon.5349

ok. Ty for your answer
I was wondering if this build could work for a bigger group (8-10 people) or I need to go a little bit more tanky…

[PuL] PU de Luxe
Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

u need to go a little more tanky yes, unless u have 2-3 guardians.
If u look at my channel informations, u can find my last ascended build, that will fit ur case too

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

archeon.5349

It’s the same of the one on your first post?

[PuL] PU de Luxe
Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gandalf.1792

Gandalf.1792

Really impressive video….

Do you generally solo roamming using this build? I mean, this build is so strong on a group but I have some troubles when I´m solo.

Sanctum of Rall
Thief / Warrior / Elementalist

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

I used to solo roam with that build, but as I replied before u, I’m changing my build with ascended armor with some more toughness, it’s balanced all around so it’s good for both solo and teamplay

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

archeon.5349

Ok, ty Xun
I see that you changed celestial leggins for cavalier and one celestial earring for cavalier. So you needed more toughness?

Do you think ascended celestial armor worth it? Or it’s just for theorycrafting? Cause i don’t see the difference between ascended and exotic?

[PuL] PU de Luxe
Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

About equip changes, I wanted some more toughness without losing critical damage.

About ascended armor, in general an ascended armor is not mandatory, but it’s a boost.
It’s not only the +1 or +2 on stats, but it’s a base armor increase and a +30 to a defensive stat from infusions. If u main Ele and u can afford and want to get it to the top, it’s worth.

Hope it helps

WvW Videos Channel: