"Wash the QQ away!" The underwhelming tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

you are all very delusional if you think an overload build wold be viable, it would be like walking up to someone and attempting to meteor shower at melee range, you will die literally in the blink of an eye without channeling fully even once

It’s like churning earth, it has 25% chance to work unless you have armor of earth, and even then it will make less damage than a backstab.

MOST UNDERWHELMING SKILL IN THE GAME :| I really don’t want more long channels like churning earth, this is what this game needs to avoid >.<

Actually, we need less instant crap. If more skills in the game had cast times, it’d be much better for everyone.

I agree. Instant casts especially coupled with cc is a big no-go since it gives you hardly any form of counterplay. The thing with long channels however is that they are hardly worth the time atm. Churning Earth does next to nothing and you’re stuck in the animation for such a long time. It’s the same with the Overloads – They are not worth the channel time. There needs to be a big number adjustment pass.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

you are all very delusional if you think an overload build wold be viable, it would be like walking up to someone and attempting to meteor shower at melee range, you will die literally in the blink of an eye without channeling fully even once

It’s like churning earth, it has 25% chance to work unless you have armor of earth, and even then it will make less damage than a backstab.

MOST UNDERWHELMING SKILL IN THE GAME :| I really don’t want more long channels like churning earth, this is what this game needs to avoid >.<

Actually, we need less instant crap. If more skills in the game had cast times, it’d be much better for everyone.

Did I ever imply I wanted more “instant crap”? No skill needs to channel for 3+ seconds and do almost nothing before completion. I like counter play so I’m all in favor for less instant bs but a channel that long which roots you in place and has almost no effect until completed leaves TOO much room for counter play. Anything longer than a 3/4 second cast time is simply too easy to avoid when you see it coming

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Did I ever imply I wanted more “instant crap”? No skill needs to channel for 3+ seconds and do almost nothing before completion. I like counter play so I’m all in favor for less instant bs but a channel that long which roots you in place and has almost no effect until completed leaves TOO much room for counter play. Anything longer than a 3/4 second cast time is simply too easy to avoid when you see it coming

Wasn’t trying to say that you said you wanted more instant stuff, just that it’d be better to say that we need less instant casts rather than the problem being too many long channels. I agree with you that 3s+ is way too much, at least for skills that don’t have any real added defense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Well the fact that it takes armor of earth(no interrupt) and lightning flash (clear blinds and close gaps) to get churning earth off (and that’s assuming they don’t just evade at the most easy to see telegraph in the game) means we don’t need long as channels that don’t do kitten for damage. If it was a wind up at range with 2-3 sec max (while moving) channel that did some ridiculous damage burst damage, I’d be fine with it, but the damage (like churning earth) is mediocre at best…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

5 second channels in close range with bo innate stability on the lowest armour,lowest HP class in the game. Wtf were they thinking?

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

5 second channels in close range with bo innate stability on the lowest armour,lowest HP class in the game. Wtf were they thinking?

It’s going to be strange watching all the eles who bought the expansion get owned in duels by eles who are not using tempest.

I guess when it comes to our class “Elite” means “super risky and not rewarding class mechanic with low chance of success”.