Water trait (Piercing shards) question :D

in Elementalist

Posted by: weiilunz.8043

weiilunz.8043

Hi, every eles should know..piercing shard does +20% dmg on vulnerability foes while in water attunement. Normally we cast [meteor shower] then instantly switch to water attunement to get the +20% dmg (vulnerability foe).

If we switched off the fire attunement , we lost 150 power.

I’m gonna to make maximum dmg on fotm 50 or any dungeons.

in your opinion, ele should pick [piercing shard] > meteor shower > switch to water attunement to get +20% dmg or meteor shower > stay in fire attunement remain 150 power ? (so the piercing shard can be replace by soothing ice)

thanks for suggestion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

in fire you have pyro’ training that gives you 10% dmgi increase while staying in fire, so you lose 150power and that 10%.

in Elementalist

Posted by: weiilunz.8043

weiilunz.8043

in fire you have pyro’ training that gives you 10% dmgi increase while staying in fire, so you lose 150power and that 10%.

omg i missed that , ty for remind bro u’re right

in Elementalist

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

You go water mainly for icebow. And yes your 20% more damage is obviously better than 150 power.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

honestly, piercing shard pairs best with dagger water auto attack, since the projectile (not combo finisher) applies vulnerability and hits all the targets twice with good positioning. pair that with the +10% damage while health is above 90%, and that’s +30% damage before adding runes, sigils, and might stacks. IF you want to use water for damage.

if you’re focusing on meteor shower, don’t bother with gimmicks like swapping attunements to increase the damage on the last 2 seconds of the skill, because you’ll lose damage using other attunements’ skills instead of lava font + fireball.

– The Baconnaire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

You also forget the +10% against burning foe

SO in fact you’r elosing 20% and 150power by switching from fire to water

Forgotten, everything you said was non sense …

First dont use water’s DD AA plz ….
Secondly you can switch right when you start casting meteor so i really dont see why the kitten you’re talking about “on the last 2second of the skill”

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

i never said that water dagger autoattack was good… my point was more that piercing shards isn’t worth using in a staff build, and then i went into hyberbole mode. my bad for assuming that the internet recognizes sarcasm and exaggeration.

PS: the +10% damage against burning foes is all the time, not just when in fire attunement, so the trade off is still +10% damage +150 power in fire attunement, or 20% damage against vulnerable foes in water attunement

the last consideration would be: might stacks… would dropping out of fire attunement for 8-10 seconds lose party might stacks? yes? the trade off isn’t worth it. no? the trade off may be worth it

– The Baconnaire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Piercing Shards is most effective when used in conjunction with Glyph of Storms (Lightning Storm), Meteor Shower, and Ice Bow 5 (if applicable) 4 and 3 all together. With proper rotations, Fire Attunement should be coming off CD as you finish using these skills, so you can quickly resume spamming Lava Font and autoattack. Piercing Shards is included in the PvE meta staff build for this valuable damage modifier.

Staff is not an effective weapon for might stacking, so this should not be an issue.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Piercing Shards used to b run in some scepter builds since it gave water attunement better auto attack damage, making it part of a damage rotation with fresh air.

Bad Elementalist