We should celebrate!

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

ArenaNet is a great company, always listening to community feedback and taking balance changes into consideration when suggested.

As an main Elementalist since launch, I formally invite everyone, from all servers, to join the festivities that will occur on September 21, at Lion’s Arch in Jade Quarry, 9pm EST.

Players will express their appreciation by summoning their conjured weapons across the mystic forge, in the eyes Zommoros. Anet worked tirelessly to make conjure builds viable, and their effort will not go unnoticed. Lightning Hammers, Frostbows, and Fiery Greatswords will flood the streets of Lion’s Arch!

Spread the word! Join the celebration! 9PM EST JQ LA
#InsertSatiricalCommentHere

Hey, maybe it won’t be as successful as the Charr protest, but at least we can wait until their next PAX Panel for them to tell us we’re a minority of the population (13%).

Falkriiii – Elementalist

(edited by EchenSketch.9142)

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Anet is the best company ever! They’re always bringing in quality balance patches, fostering a healthy meta, and an environment in which all builds like conjures can get some love!

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I predict the buffs will do nothing because the problem lies in how clunky they are to use, not the skills per se.

The other problem is survival utilities are mandatory, and conjures offer no survivability at all (with exception of FGS mobility).

It’s just a badly-designed class.

downed state is bad for PVP

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

EchenSketch.9142

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Analyzing-inherent-elementalist-issues/first#post2839230

This thread, among the many hundreds, sums it up nicely.
Seriously, spread the word, I want this protest <3

Falkriiii – Elementalist

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

EchenSketch.9142

Anet’s Jonathan Sharp released this, along with other patch preview notes.

“Elementalist
We’re working on the staff in an effort to make it a stronger support weapon, and we also improved the conjure weapons so that they’re stronger for support. You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.
We also increased the healing on Water Blast, the radius on Geyser and we reworked
Unsteady Ground to make it function more like line of warding.”

So much for Jack of All Trades. I guess it IS easier to just pigeon-hole us into a support class, or the unofficial healer.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Oh kitten “support this” support that" “blablabla”

Why just not make it so that when a staff Ele is confronted by any other class in 1 vs 1 it is not completely destroyed? Because right now even running away successfully would deserve a laurel and some achievement points.

I dare you, try this Anet to see just how your game is unbalanced and the ele underpowered:
Underwater battle: level 80 ele VS level 80 mesmer

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: GitzZz.7345

GitzZz.7345

I also quit playing to. They ruined ele and now they are just repackaging old content every two weeks.

That’s just like your opinion, man.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: DominationCreation.5703

DominationCreation.5703

ill try to make it okay?

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

the buff is useless and conjuring builds is still kitten.. what you sacrifice (on a class which is build 100% over CONSTANTLY attunement swapping and skill spamming through 4 “weapon sets”) will in NO WAY be made up for by anything a conjure weapon can have while not becomming rediculessly overpowered in some situation..
its a “nitche” thing which have no place in the first place on an elementalist. and its kittening sad to look at…

only RIGHT thing to do is REDESIGN all conjuring weapons and make them actually match into the class. maybe make them like the guardians floating weapons which attacks themselve etc… or completely redesign the idea and give us some usefull skills instead which Actually have SYNERGI with the class…

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

EchenSketch.9142

If you look at the Necro’s staff, it has a lot of support, but many offensive capabilities also. If you look at the Ranger’s shortbow, the majority of the damage is from auto-attacks, while the 2-5 skills are used for utilities.

I would be happy if they simply increased the damage from staff auto-attacks, as it’s kitten in its current state.

Now to conjured weapons, this has been said many times before, but as long as our inherit survivability is low (Lower than thief when they have more escape), people will be forced to take 1-2 Cantrips for the sake of surviving. Giving up one of those for a gimmicky weapon that removes 20 skills is simply not worth it.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spellwork.7285

Spellwork.7285

I for one am glad we live in a world where we have game companies that have learned from other failing games and actually LISTEN to the community.

I feel so heard and appreciated!
It’s almost like I’m proud to be an ele, I will definitely be there reppin’ my swag-a-licious earth shield!

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Still waiting to play my elementalist like an elementalist and not a dumbed down version of a warrior.

Not playing ele like it is now.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Perplexity does not exist in sPVP.
If you’re in WvW, you’d be more useful just staying in Staff.
Arcane Abatement can only be used near a ledge.
Perplexity only applies if you actually interrupt an action. Just stunning someone who runs through static field doesn’t apply Perplexity.

Perplexity is also pretty broken.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Perplexity only applies if you actually interrupt an action. Just stunning someone who runs through static field doesn’t apply Perplexity.

All interrupts apply Perp.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Only if they’re doing something when you interrupt them. Thus the term interrupt.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Only if they’re doing something when you interrupt them. Thus the term interrupt.

When is someone not doing something? Most people smash there face on the keyboard.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

When is someone not doing something? Most people smash there face on the keyboard.

Only when they have picked up an ele conjure.

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: tylertyler.8901

tylertyler.8901

I don’t know why but all that made me laugh! Thank you

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

EchenSketch.9142

Hey man, Conjures are totally viable now, what’s mistform?

Falkriiii – Elementalist

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Bumping. Yay for conjure tweaks/buffs!

I am a teef
:)

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

Um You’re in the wrong forums to be trying to spread anet appreciation

The warrior forums is that way —-—→

(edited by Senjun.8149)

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

The only way for conjures to be successful is to make them overpowered. When we throw down an ice bow we want our allies to actually want to pick it up. If they have to reduce the duration to 30s then so be it. It will be funny when no one runs conjures even after they buff them.

Bad Elementalist

We should celebrate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

The only way for conjures to be successful is to make them overpowered. When we throw down an ice bow we want our allies to actually want to pick it up. If they have to reduce the duration to 30s then so be it. It will be funny when no one runs conjures even after they buff them.

The main reason people don’t use conjured weapons is they have long cds and limited charges which makes them very inconsistent in effectiveness.

There’s also no flexibility because once you swap weapons you lose them until the CD is finished so it forces you to use them without weapon swapping for the duration.

It would be far better if they were simply made into kits like the way engs have. (After some rebalancing) That way you may see some interesting new build variants based on certain conjured weapons. (Bunker hammer elementalists, dps roaming fiery gs elementalists, a lot of possibilities)