What do you love the best about Tempest?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Q:

I am sorry to all the regular forum goers. But everything about the new tempest is just the best. Everything about it is going to make ele just amazing for group fighting. From dungeons to spvp and wvw.

What is your favorite thing about the new upcoming Tempest/Warhorn changes to ele?
Please only positive responses, tired of a lot of the hate in this Forum.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

We can now buff our allies! We can now become a true bunker support healer! We can now be an Auramancer!

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

At least it’s not a longbow.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

4 skill on warhorn in fire other then that kind of a love hate for that it only adds to the ele class and seems not to take any thing away.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

We can now buff our allies! We can now become a true bunker support healer! We can now be an Auramancer!

Clearly the sarcasm was missed here. The tempest brings us nothing new, just more boons healing and auras to the master of boons healing and auras.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Nothing. If I wanted be up in the front lines I’d roll D/D. But hey I can sit in LA and use my howler on my ele while I afk, that’s something.

The Sickest Guild NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I really love the warhorn skills, and I like the shout skulls even if cantrips are overall better due to trait synergy. I’ll do my best to get tempest to work at a decent level in spvp, but since I play a lot of different classes, I don’t know if I’ll really have to time to theory craft with it when I’ll be busy playing other classes too.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: CDUB.1645

CDUB.1645

I like the elite shout and the shouts in general. However, they will need to reduce cool-down a tad and/or have a trait that allows us to reduce recharge. Otherwise, I don’t think many will take the shouts. Air 4 then Fire 3 for D/W may be nice…

in Elementalist

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

Looking forward to Flipping camps with fire spins and Thunder storms, Surfing up to skirmishes on a pillar of stone and infuriating my adversaries with storm wizard horn blasts.

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

(edited by NayNay.7680)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The shoulder piece

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guilmon.9478

Guilmon.9478

the name, thats it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I like Wash the Pain Away, for one. None of the other heals have an effect on allies (except for Arcane Brilliance in a roundabout way via its Blast Finisher), and I really enjoy playing healer for my friends. :P

In the same vein, Water Attunement’s Overcharge gives yet more healing potential. I just hope they’re still tweaking it and will make it heal for more, it looked a bit underwhelming in the Livestream.

The Warhorn gets two healing abilities in Water, and again, I like that. XD

The increase in Aura-granting abilities, when combined with the neat effects you can get for applying Auras in the first place, is quite enticing.

Dust Storm will be handy; on Engineer, I frequently make use of Bomb Kit’s Smoke Bomb and Mortar Kit’s Flash Shell as defensive measures for reviving friends or simply keeping myself alive in a rough fight. It’s something I always miss when I’m playing Elementalist instead.

Eye of the Storm is much appreciated, given the ridiculous cooldowns on most of Elementalist’s other Stunbreaks, and the lackluster effects on the lower-cooldown Stunbreaks.

Imbued Melodies is awesome for the same reason.

Cyclone seems really cool, definitely helps with AoE stuff for my allies, plus it provides Swiftness for my poor Guardian and Mesmer friends. XD

The Fire and Air Overcharges seem really handy for putting out extra damage on groups of enemies.

And then the Earth Overcharge’s Protection is nice, too!

Overcharges in general seem like a good excuse for staying in one Attunement for a while, which I admittedly appreciate. :P

Ultimately, I’m really excited for Tempest. I know the Overcharges really aren’t that viable in PvP situations, but they seem neat for PvE stuff. I’m really hoping Engineer’s Elite Specialization has similar levels of cool new mechanics and utility. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Boonshare is the best thing in this, but it’s on a weapon I probably won’t use in anything else than pvp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Being killed from svanir

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Just the name, nothing else

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

The best is that I don’t have to use it, because core elementalist is fortunately good enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I think the Overload skills look pretty. Overload earth looks cool! The Auramancer has some cool looking utility spells too. All look pretty. Oh and that rebound skill, pretty close to a Chronomancer’s theme. But hey, I think the skills all look Pretty.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

i like the part where you can troll around and be an avatar :>

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

One last thing I love: I can’t wait to HoT release when I start trolling them in PvP with my interrupt Mesmer

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

That I can troll downed people by using ‘Wash the pain away’.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I like how it found a way to mess with the core mechanics and do something new, even on a class that already does lots of things really well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ruzin.2410

Ruzin.2410

I like overload animations. That’s all.

(edited by Ruzin.2410)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Question should be “What do you hate the least?”

Answer would be: The 4 utility shouts, with good traits they could actually see play in an auramancer build.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

+ I like the overload mechanic, the risk/reward skills/mechanics are something that I like. Still I hope the devs tweak it better: air seemed a little lackluster & water healed so little that I would never use it in its current form BUT they really need to be carefull on how to make them viable in pvp with all the interrupts going on.

+ Warhorn skills may need tweaking but I liked them so far. Its a shame that they don’t really do something new, but hey! at least they do it different.

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

My favorite thing about Tempest is I don’t have to use it.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I, personally, love the overload mechanic. I won’t be using Warhorn much since I’m staff ele for life and I doubt the shouts (or rebound) will grab me but those overloads are dope.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I, personally, love the overload mechanic. I won’t be using Warhorn much since I’m staff ele for life and I doubt the shouts (or rebound) will grab me but those overloads are dope.

Reading your post, I feel like it is a conspiracy as a Mesmer main to completely undermine the elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

The name is nice. Nothing else really comes to mind.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

So much for that, looks like a number of people WANT to be miserable.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Ruzin.2410

So much for that, looks like a number of people WANT to be miserable.

What is wrong about commending the name or animations?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

My favorite thing is that it requires HoT purchase to play it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Please only positive responses

Yeah, I think that sums it all up.

[Edit] To be fair, there’s some stuff I like here, really. Bits and pieces. But love? No.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

(edited by Palador.2170)

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

What I like about the Tempest is that it has some synergy with old traits and abilities. Lots of potential combos:

“Feel the Burn!” or Wildfire + Blinding Ashes is a massive AoE Blind
Cyclone + Lightning Rod = Good damage on multiple foes + weakness + control
Lots of support for Auras making an Auramancer viable In general there are lots of combos in Tempest with the old traits, which is good.

Now Eles get a way to play with Boons a lot more. We can remove boons from foes with Wildfire (finally Eles can remove boons!), spread our boons with Heat Sync, increase the duration of boons with Sand Squall. Some good unique mechanics there. Also, Huge smoke field to blind foes, huge fire field for might stacking, and that Lightning Orb has good damage potential, I can’t wait to see it in action.

In general I like the Warhorn. Other than Wildfire, the other skills have 600-750 range which means they can be combined with both Scepter and Dagger.

It’s weird because when they revealed that the Tempest would get a Warhorn I thought it wouldn’t be very good. I like the Warhorn a LOT, but it’s NOT a front-line weapon. It doesn’t have survival skills to keep a front line alive, nor mobility skills so the front liner can escape from combat or rush into it. Still as a mid-range support/control weapon it will be great.

I didn’t like the shouts at all, their best thing is the application of auras, so if you don’t want auramancer they are meh. The elite is terrible.

And finally the new mechanic, overloading attunements is another thing I didn’t like at all. It looks to me that the Tempest is two parts of an Elite specialization combined. The Overload mechanic would’ve been awesome with a TRUE melee weapon, with escapes and mobility skills, maybe a Sword. Complement it with extra survival skills that boost defense and add evasion, for example Stances as utility skills.

Then make the Warhorn a mid-range support/control (which is excellent as), with shouts and as an extra mechanic something with more range and maybe combining different attunement effects, like a Fire+Water combo, or an Air+Earth combo.

tl;dr I like the Warhorn a LOT, also I like that they put so much synergy with old specializations. However, I feel as if they took parts of two specializations to create the Tempest, I just don’t think the Warhorn is a weapon that combines well with the Overload.

in Elementalist

Ruzin.2410

also I like that they put so much synergy with old specializations.

What?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

OP if you need to put the disclaimer than only positive responses, you should consider why people are not happy.

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

What?

Already posted some of the combos:

Lots of support for Auras making an Auramancer viable In general there are lots of combos in Tempest with the old traits, which is good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

These combinations already exist with Flame Burst (Staff Fire 3) and Blinding Ashes and Static Field + Lightning Rod. Both of these in fact can be done at 1200m range too. In fact the Flame Burst can be cast on the cool down of Blinding Ashes as well.

Most of the new sources of Auras, the Shouts, are already all Shared as well giving no advantage to Powerful Auras that doesn’t already exist (for example Dagger Air 3 being shared can occur today). Aura Sharing’s biggest benefit is Zephyr’s Boon which adds Fury and Swiftness. We can actually stack a lot of Fury AOE with Might Stacking combinations with the Persisting Flame Traits to nearby allies. We also have many sources of AOE Swiftness with our access to blast finishers and Lightning Combo Fields.

What new options do they have?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Ruzin.2410

What?

Ok, maybe you are right. There are some combos, but they are weak.
That combo with Blinding Ashes, I can do almost the same with Flame Burst, Drake’s Breath, etc. + The damage is much higher with much lower cd and I don’t have to sacrifice a lot of useful traits.
Combos with Lightning Rod are interesting, but I don’t know why we have to take it, when we can take Fresh Air or Bolt to the Heart, which are much stronger. Even if I take it, still staff is the king of CCs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

What?

That combo with Blinding Ashes, I can do almost the same with Flame Burst, Drake’s Breath, etc. + The damage is much higher with much lower cd and I don’t have to sacrifice a lot of useful traits.
Combos with Lightning Rod are interesting, but I don’t know why we have to take it, when we can take Fresh Air or Bolt to the Heart, which are much stronger. Even if I take it, still staff is the king of CCs.

Not to mention Blinding ashes internal cooldown is per target so getting everyone all at once has its disadvantages. I will say that tempest will see some play but at the moment it will not be top tier and more for lulz and funzes in hot joins/unranked. I do hope they buff the class so that a fresh air D/W or S/W is viable in pve (or hell in pvp I wana see my howler on my ele kitten it).

The Sickest Guild NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

The most positive thing I can say about it is “at least I can stay vanilla.”

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

What?

Not to mention Blinding ashes internal cooldown is per target so getting everyone all at once has its disadvantages. I will say that tempest will see some play but at the moment it will not be top tier and more for lulz and funzes in hot joins/unranked. I do hope they buff the class so that a fresh air D/W or S/W is viable in pve (or hell in pvp I wana see my howler on my ele kitten it).

Blinding ashes cooldown isn’t per target, it’s global last I checked. This was never changed.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

What?

Blinding ashes cooldown isn’t per target, it’s global last I checked. This was never changed.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Ashes

The trait cooldown is only for multiple hits on the same target, there is no cooldown shared between different targets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Absolutely hate it. Overcharges go against my prefered playstyle, warhorn is anouther kitten support oriented off hander. More long channels that will easily be countered. I HATE IT.