Why bolt to the heart

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

works under 33% when necro has same trait in grandmaster slot for 50%? I didn’t look at thief changes, but I think it stayed with 50%.
Make it 50% to compensate or back to adept, nothing more to say

(edited by kuben.9826)

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

works under 33% when necro has same trait in grandmaster slot for 50%? I didn’t look at thief changes, but I think it stayed with 50%.

Different classes and mechanics. necro burst is generally slower and can’t be compacted like an elementalists burst. I’d rather thief match ele instead. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

Could understand it if BotH was moved the master but moving it to Gm traits leave nothing else worth taking for Adept and Mater traits so your just gonna be picking up fluff traits to get that 1 you really want for the GM

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

So bad, moving this adept trait into GM is silly. Why do they nerf ele so much?

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When average adept traits are sent all the way up to Grandmaster to compete with the top traits without buffs and are now rendered basically useless (since no one will ever select them there) it really reveals how much Anet fail to understand the elementalist class and are recreating the same problem of having useless traits, but in a new system.

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Because Ele is one of the most powerful classes that define many Meta’s in this game currently in all Gamemodes. They make and break groups easily.

I want to make it clear however that I don’t support some Ele nerfs, just that they are an excellent class to play right now which is why Anet is afraid of letting them hold their ranking. I can’t say whether they’re right or wrong.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Because Ele is one of the most powerful classes that define many Meta’s in this game currently in all Gamemodes. They make and break groups easily.

I want to make it clear however that I don’t support some Ele nerfs, just that they are an excellent class to play right now which is why Anet is afraid of letting them hold their ranking. I can’t say whether they’re right or wrong.

This change doesn’t nerf ele in general. It nerfs the dagger/focus build, which is the most fun and most difficult ele build, which already had the weakest dps of all ele builds.
It doesnt influence staff eles though.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

This change doesn’t nerf ele in general. It nerfs the dagger/focus build, which is the most fun and most difficult ele build, which already had the weakest dps of all ele builds.
It doesnt influence staff eles though.

I agree with everything but the difficulty thing. It is subjective. Some people find S/D or S/F far harder.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

They did it to, presumably, kill off the Air tree. Nothing else makes sense,

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

They did it to, presumably, kill off the Air tree. Nothing else makes sense,

Anet feels that ele isn’t allowed to do damage. support the other more important classes with fields and boons. that will be our only function. if you want to play damage, play any other class. That’s what Anet is trying to tell us.

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ya they should bump up the dmg + (i would love to see +50% dmg done vs 33% hp ppl hehe) or just make it like necro effect. I have a feeling the numbers we have are going to changes a good bit.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

anet moving their aquatic benevolence from GM to a minor trait lol…..maybe they want us to be healers instead of op damage dealers narrows eyes

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

The numbers are not what needs to be the focus it is the functionality as they can easily adjust number so if they concern is just what the numbers shown on the tooltip and not how the trait plays then that issue is really just wait and see for adjustment and then ask for them. It isn’t like they have homogenized similar traits before.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

Necro damage is lower as is
Thief’s damage is designed to be higher against lower health targets

It works just fine.

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

anet moving their aquatic benevolence from GM to a minor trait lol…..maybe they want us to be healers instead of op damage dealers narrows eyes

Healers? ;o I thought they tried to break trinity, so everyone could play anything on any class…? kitten .

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

Ya they should bump up the dmg + (i would love to see +50% dmg done vs 33% hp ppl hehe) or just make it like necro effect. I have a feeling the numbers we have are going to changes a good bit.

I think a lot of people need to think long term.That’s what Anet is doing. Every change they make is based around a future possibility.

Why I say is, is because in their minds they may foresee that with the allowance of 2 more major traits now with the coming system for 0/0/2/6/6, D/D ele’s may despite the nerfs be able to ramp up damage past what they want a support style bruiser to be able to dish out. Hence why they may off nerfed said line, so as not to temper a 0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/0/6/6 Meta. I don’t really know what they are thinking but, perhaps this is why?

As we know, all balance decisions revolve around the PvP game mode which requires meticulous attention.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Bolt to the heart would feel worthy of being a grandmaster if it didn’t have a 33% threshold and had a 50% threshold instead.

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: triggerhappy.3871

triggerhappy.3871

With soldier’s amulet, it was all right to face fresh air elementalists.
Air attune + Lightning Strike = Maul.
Just, sure hit Maul per 5 sec.
Nothing like eviscerate, final thrust or backstab.

Why bolt to the heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

keep it as it is, while striking an enemy below 33% health, u strike the target with lightning, dealing damage (0.25 coefficient), 1 sec icd