Will ele get F5?

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Q:

Considering classes getting additional class mechanic skill, is ele supposed to get F5 skill, which will be a new attunment? I’cant see any other option than this.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

with engi and chronomancer both getting f5 skills, looks like a trend, and warrior (and probably necro) getting an f2 skill as seen in the very first PoI stream i assume that most likely every class will get an additional F-skill.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Arcane attunement? All attacks crit.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

If we do get and F5 skill there is no way it will be a new attunment. Then the Devs will have to add new skills for each existing weapon type along with the new weapon. I don’t think they devoted that many resources to this update. So I do not think we will get an F5 skill like Mesmer and Engineer.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If we do get and F5 skill there is no way it will be a new attunment. Then the Devs will have to add new skills for each existing weapon type along with the new weapon. I don’t think they devoted that many resources to this update. So I do not think we will get an F5 skill like Mesmer and Engineer.

Well since we already have 2x skills than the other classes, the class itself requires more resource by design. If they add a new F skill, i highly believe it ll be new attunment.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I bet its going to be an super version of an atument but it will lock you out of swapping for a time. I guess the class is storm base so i guess it would be named on though lines fire → fire storm, earth → stand storm, air → lighting or wind storm, water → ice or water storm.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Well since we already have 2x skills than the other classes, the class itself requires more resource by design. If they add a new F skill, i highly believe it ll be new attunment.

The fact that eles require more resources is probably the best reason for why it won’t happen. I’ll be highly surprised if Anet is crazy enough to expand every single skill set just for the sake of this elite spec, and further expand every single skill set for every single elite spec to come in the future.

Eles will probably get something much simpler.

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teru.2063

Teru.2063

I don’t want a 5th attunement, would be kinda boring. I mean we would get new skills and stuff for every weapon but that would most likely make Tempest a must have because they would just have 5 more skills for every weapon set. I hope for something like a transformation or an attack

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kruillin.5467

kruillin.5467

Or maybe they’ll just add in the ability to weapon swap for ele’s.

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

I don’t see the point in giving us ANOTHER button (or group of buttons) to use. That’s just more they have to balance and more for us to learn.

Really, they need to just tighten up our current mechanics and balance them better (as in, split PvE and PvP). Our profession mechanic is a pretty solid and interesting one as it is.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

with engi and chronomancer both getting f5 skills, looks like a trend, and warrior (and probably necro) getting an f2 skill as seen in the very first PoI stream i assume that most likely every class will get an additional F-skill.

If I’m not mistaken engineers were just getting f5 on their base class mechanic. We don’t know what they are getting for their specialization mechanic.

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Considering classes getting additional class mechanic skill, is ele supposed to get F5 skill, which will be a new attunment? I’cant see any other option than this.

Yes, it will be a new attument called “Heart.”

And the elite will combine all attunements to summon Captain Planet.

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

So we become tree hugger that wont fight back and just die for the noble cause?
But what happens if to Ele’s fighting each other both hit F5? Do the become allies? Do the get automatic free transfer to the last server in T8?
All these question need answers!

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

So we become tree hugger that wont fight back and just die for the noble cause?
But what happens if to Ele’s fighting each other both hit F5? Do the become allies? Do the get automatic free transfer to the last server in T8?
All these question need answers!

actually the avengers appear

[SA]

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I hope not, ele is already quite spammy class and overwhelming for newbies, so I don’t want another F skill, I would rather see some change than addition… some alteratation than a must have choice…

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Mhmmm what if ele gets an arcane weapon bar by sacrificing another?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dulle Griet.8436

Dulle Griet.8436

I would love if ele’s f5 will be something like ‘Storm Form’, similar to Death Shroud of necro.
This won’t mess with swapping between five different elements.

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The key fundamental mechanics for eles are the attunements, I sort of agree with the above comment. F5 could unleash attunement-specific effects (like glyphs) on a very synergic fashion, and tempest would have a brand-new resource.

Maybe casting fire (or staying in fire) would build up Heated Winds which resets upon swapping elements, tempest would unleash a powerful effect when activating its F5 skill based on such built resource (burst skills inspired). Maybe they could add even more complexity and allow for multiple resources to be stored and unleash an effect based on a mix of stored elements, creating creative, effective, and cool environmental effects.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Will ele get F5?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

it would be quite interesting to see how two opposite mechanics compete for a meta…

attunement dancing with arcane traits and other traits which benefit from it
versus
charging of power for F5 skill by staying in one attunement

it would be even more fun if this F5 skill had no cooldown, it would be just a zero base effect, so without charging it would be useless people would need to find a balance of how long to stay in an element to unleash a solid F5 effect but not too long so they don’t suffer from it…

at least this way it wouldn’t be a must have choice like mesmer elite spec is… I still kind of believe what they say about horizontal progression, but I already have some doubts that elite specs will be mandatory and almost pure upgrade and not a choice in fact…

(edited by MaXi.3642)