eles will be the new war for CoF-

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

we can talk sustain dmg all we want, but the only parts you need fgs are slave driver and final boss, so the 180s cd doesnt matter what so ever. i am also going to say eles will out dps a war in sustained dmg too. only downside is low health bar, and cloth doesnt matter. yes, i know they are on a wall, but the bosses in cof can also be put on a wall- talk talk talk! be constructive too

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Shhhhhhh stop spreading the FGS trick or it’ll be nerfed:p

Really though, it’s very limited because of the wal thing as you said. Somehow I feel like it’ll be hard to convince pugs they should be luring it to a wall as well. When you can apply it though, it’s a very powerful trick.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

11k damage on my ele is not a rare thing while using S/D 30/30/0/10 build, I also have almost permanent fury, and the 180cd and cloth armor is a major problem, there is also the fact that eles don’t have offensive support, basically, we’ll need someone to carry us, like a guardian. 3 eles, 1 guard and a mesmer run… there is also the fact that we can;t quickly defeat the effigy or the gate

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

11k damage on my ele is not a rare thing while using S/D 30/30/0/10 build, I also have almost permanent fury, and the 180cd and cloth armor is a major problem, there is also the fact that eles don’t have offensive support, basically, we’ll need someone to carry us, like a guardian. 3 eles, 1 guard and a mesmer run… there is also the fact that we can;t quickly defeat the effigy or the gate

the 180 cd is NOT a problem, the cloth is also NOT a problem. its the healthbase which is the problem. wars are just as squishy as eles when geared for zerk and having a guard isnt a must. guards should probly also start to be incorporated too as they give a lot of might and can stop whole wipes., but this is ele talk.
EDIT: i can line up on the gate with my fgs and take down gate faster than a war too- the effigy can be pulled on a wall as well.

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

It’s more of a cultural thing, and having 7.5k extra health while taking 15% less dmg does make a MASSIVE difference in reliability (dodge, healing is loss of dps… and fastest times are done without them).

In any case, 3 ele, 1 war, 1 mesmer prolly could make the top time for CoF1 altho waiting takes most of the time in that dungeon, more dps doesn’t push it too much faster. Blink+fiery rush at the start of last boss, quickness popped for second fiery rush and then all fire S&D.

If anyone wondering, that should be 70 or so ticks from fieryrush. With the video damage, lets say 70% crit chance with fury. Thats around 49×2600 + 21×1000 = 148k dmg (just guessing around +110% crit dmg). That should be 4 times more than full hundred blades on same mob with same stats as video.

[TA]

(edited by Sabull.5670)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Necro pet rush can do the same thing… or any of that sort of movement ability can if aimed at a wall.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Necro pet rush can do the same thing… or any of that sort of movement ability can if aimed at a wall.

Unfortunately no such skill comes anywhere near doing similar amount of damage, nor with such low cooldown and accuracy (+ possibility to do it without a wall with blink).

[TA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’ve done the whole wall FGS3 in pvp before. The best 1 I landed was on a thief who happened to immobilize me when I had the FGS out …. big mistake

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

That ability has a 5 secs cd though.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

and again people can t understand what a situational skill is
And why the build is bad.

mostly because you don t have a wall behind cof boss and that will prevent you o do much dps.

P.S: downside is being locked out of your skill AND being unable to interact with stuff AND that if you get downed, mistform or anything you lose conjured.
And the lack of support ofc
But also that ele using hammer and fgs is a bad copy of a warrior :|

Also FGS nerf incoming.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Byron, no need for a wall. Just FGS 4 without target and teleport onto the boss. With good timing you will run on the spot dealing all the damage. No wall needed.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Some of you need to delete your posts before something gets changed. Seriously.

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Some of you need to delete your posts before something gets changed. Seriously.

I second this. Remember what happened to d/d? Then again, they only balance for pvp right?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

yep infact they will never nerf GS4 they will nerf fgs3

i didn t knew the fgs 4 stuff i need to try it btw its still a bad excuse for a profession being locked in 5 skills from other professions…

(i mean its unfun)

I just hate conjured.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

covenn.7165

Rush timed right can down a player from full health in 2 seconds. That puts the burst in line with that of a thief in zerker gear getting full opening rotation on you. Is it OP in comparison considering it takes and elite + utility to use… no. However, we seem to get anything nerfed that approaches on thief capability (mobility / ability to chose fights, escape, etc.).

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

It’s a lot harder to pull off on an actual person though, unless they’re dumb enough to pin themselves to a wall and/or stand in the fire. Closest you can get to making it reliable is signet of earth + lightning flash.

Also, there’s the issue of retaliation. The damage comes from a huge number of hits. I tried it out earlier, and a guardian popped retaliation for his ally, downing me and bringing himself to ~20% hp (granted I wasn’t full glass, so if I was he’d probably have gone down first).
…but yeah, good chance of it being nerfed anyway. Even if we can’t do other things with the FGS on.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

If fiery greatsword gets nerfed it will be to remove the mobility aspect. I could see them halfing #3’s distance saying it was a bug.

in Elementalist

covenn.7165

Nerfing FGS for its mobility would be sad considering that it is an elite.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

If Fgs mobility skills get nerf then I will finally agree that every other ele that is not from the norm race will be in a major jeopardy in wvw.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Speaking of the mobility nerf, that’s also going to mean a damage nerf as well right?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Really though, it’s very limited because of the wal thing as you said. Somehow I feel like it’ll be hard to convince pugs they should be luring it to a wall as well. When you can apply it though, it’s a very powerful trick.

you don’t need a wall, you can do that with Lightning Flash.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

That’s awesome if you can pull that off

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

People have been doing that in tPvP for months :P

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

eles will never, ever replace warriors for cof.

1. People are slow to change.
2. People have already put the time in to create their uber farming warz.
3. FGS with a glass cannon ele requires thought. Hundred Blades on a glass cannon mouth breathing knuckle dragger does not.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Yeah Blimm mentioned that near the beginning/mid of the thread :p

As for the changing from warriors thing, I don’t think the general populations will do it, but if enough eles get together you can still have a decent number of people doing ele runs. That could be enough for people to realize eles are an option after a while.

Lasty, I think mobility nerf will just be a decrease to the skill range (maybe increase to cd as well) and less range will mean less fire trail= less damage. So we’ll have to see how that plays out.

(edited by Navzar.2938)