razor naga on elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pureguardian.4562

Pureguardian.4562

I just bought the razor naga ( http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga )
so i have easy access to keys 1-12 and m1-m5. my question is, can i play the game with only this mouse? i have 1-10 as skills, 11 and fire, 12 as water, m4 as air ( key right below the scroll ) , m5 as earth ( key right below m4 ) right mouse button and left mouse button stay the same, but when pressed together act as moving forward. I also have m3 (the scroll button) to use as jump, dodge, or f, but i can only map one to the key. This is where the problem comes in. with ANY other class i could make it work (although engineer might have a similar, but not as difficult problem), but i can only use 1 of those 3 on my mouse, unless i get rid of a different button ( autoattack might give me one more option)
Can I play efficiently with this setup, or is there a different setup you’d recommend?

also on a slightly related topic, anybody know of a good Elementalist guide?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

It’s all in personal preference really. If you like using the razor then use it. I dont use mine because I mash other buttons, so you know… I die.
Here is a link to my guide…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/A-new-Ele-build-for-multipule-uses/first#post3997390

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in Elementalist

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I would recommend using a keyboard too, this is what I do when playing these days;

I remap f1-f4 to my 1-4 keys on the keyboard (I have a lycosa, will probably get a deathstalker soon) so that my attunements are close to my left hand and can be used quickly and easily. 1-9 on my mouse are my skills and 10 is my elite, I don’t use 11/12 much as it kinda hurts my thumb to use. I keep the rest of the binds pretty much the same as default =o

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I have a Razer Naga – I have Fire attunement set to the scroll wheel, water to the button just below it and Air set as the next one down with 10 on the mouse button pad set to Earth, it works so well and i love it, great mouse.

I just wish the game had its controls set as character bound rather than account bound, such a poor decision.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dennis.3068

Dennis.3068

I use the Naga and i loooooooooooove it. When you get used to you never use a keyboard again. I switch attunements by shift+1,2,3,4.
It is way faster when you mastered it than a Keyboard because u only need 1 finger for all skills and you fingers dont need to travel over the whole keyboard.
Use it and love it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

I think you ladies need to get larger hands. If you’re having to “travel over the whole keyboard” to play an ele then you’re either physically challenged in finger length or you’re doing it wrong.

All personal preference really, how is somebody else meant to tell you how you can play the game?

Action 1: Map buttons
Action 2: Try the buttons and see if you can play comfortably

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think if you set all your skills to your thumb it’s not going to help you much amd your thumb will get tired of it. What you want to do is avoid having to move your left hand to use the 6-7-8-9 keys.

I use f1-4 and numbers 1-5 as normal.

Then on my naga mouse:
2= utility (6) Armor of Earth
5 = utility (7) Mist Form
Middle mouse buton = utility (8) Lightning Flash
1 = Healing
4 = Elite

Works miracle for me, I can hit all skills instantly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I just bought the razor naga ( http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga )
so i have easy access to keys 1-12 and m1-m5. my question is, can i play the game with only this mouse? i have 1-10 as skills, 11 and fire, 12 as water, m4 as air ( key right below the scroll ) , m5 as earth ( key right below m4 ) right mouse button and left mouse button stay the same, but when pressed together act as moving forward. I also have m3 (the scroll button) to use as jump, dodge, or f, but i can only map one to the key. This is where the problem comes in. with ANY other class i could make it work (although engineer might have a similar, but not as difficult problem), but i can only use 1 of those 3 on my mouse, unless i get rid of a different button ( autoattack might give me one more option)
Can I play efficiently with this setup, or is there a different setup you’d recommend?

I have a naga as well. Been using mine for three years. Yes, you can use it to play an elementalist, and you won’t have to bind any attacks to your keyboard. My attunements are alt-1-4. Super easy to cycle through all your attacks. I’ve found myself trying to press abilities before the previous one has gone all the way off, haha.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Astaso.4806

Astaso.4806

I have a naga as well. Been using mine for three years. Yes, you can use it to play an elementalist, and you won’t have to bind any attacks to your keyboard. My attunements are alt-1-4. Super easy to cycle through all your attacks. I’ve found myself trying to press abilities before the previous one has gone all the way off, haha.

Exactly like me. Only difference i have attunements on Ctrl + 1,2,3,4

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I think if you set all your skills to your thumb it’s not going to help you much amd your thumb will get tired of it.

you must have some weak thumbs. hehe.

I have all my skills from 1 to 10 on the G600, I upgraded from the naga and I don’t have any issuse even with the much smaller naga.

Exactly like me. Only difference i have attunements on Ctrl + 1,2,3,4

Same but mine is with shift +1,2,3,4.

I cant get used alt or control for some reason.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I have a Razer Naga – I have Fire attunement set to the scroll wheel, water to the button just below it and Air set as the next one down with 10 on the mouse button pad set to Earth, it works so well and i love it, great mouse.

I just wish the game had its controls set as character bound rather than account bound, such a poor decision.

YES YES YES YES YES. SO MUCH THIS.

I stopped caring to rebind everything when I swapped back to my Ele who I’ve been maining. I used to have my mouse button 3, (the one on the side of the left click as I have the classic naga motlen. I hate the new models with the two extra buttons below the scroll wheel. Bad move, Razer).

We should all put a suggestion into the devs to give the option to make binds character specific or account wide. It’d just make more sense with the widely differing play styles of each profession.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I have a Razer Naga Hex and it does a great job when it comes to switching attunements and using utilities. Every other mouse with more thumb buttons would be an overkill for me because I wouldn’t feel the difference between all those buttons…

Using my Hex, I just double assigned F1-4 and 6-0 so I can also use the old binds for playing ingame instruments. Another reason was that I needed some time to adjust to the new binds due to having played with the default keybinds for half a year (felt like playing Mozart while pulling off simple combos btw. xD).

On the Hex I have F1-4 + 6 + 9 on my thumb buttons, 7 is clicking the mousewheel, 8 and 0 is on the mid mouse buttons. Why exactly I assigned it that way I don’t know anymore. I think I did that based on the CD or the frequency of usage for the skills I had slotted there back then… Today however my build and therefore slotted skills have nothing to do with it anymore

What I like about the Hex is the hexagonal placing of the thumb buttons. It’s much easier to know where you are with your thumb than with a numpad-like placing. After some time it’s all in the muscle memory – so when you think “Fire” or “Air” it’s already there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daximus.8547

Daximus.8547

I use the Naga and use Shift+ 1,2,3,4 for attunement as well. Love it…it makes everything so easy. I also use this keyboard that I just would not want to give up. http://steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/steelseries-merc-stealth

in Elementalist

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

@OP Actually if you use Naga 2014, you can move the scroll left and right too, means 2 more buttons you can bind. Personally i binded dodge on right and heal on left.

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Z,X,C,V are my attunements.
Q, E, R, T for utilities.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Z,X,C,V are my attunements.
Q, E, R, T for utilities.

I thought about a similar setup, but then I noticed I needed those buttons for other things…

Q is my “look behind”, E is “nearest target”, R is “AoE loot”, F is “interact”, X is “Push to Talk” in TS, C is “about face” (comes in handy for using escape skills as gap closers instead), and V is still “dodge” – easiest setting for performing “dodge jumps” in my opinion.

It’s interesting to see how differently the elementalist is handled when it comes to controls

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I’m also an elementalist and have naga for like 5-6 months.

I dont recommend binding all keys to the mouse. It is not really comfortable even if you get used to.

I also recommend binding attunment keys in a line which means, like keys 1 4 7 10 on the sides. Binding different parts makes it hard to attunment-dance.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

I have the naga but i generally avoid using it for most of my skills because i learned without using it. For my binds i use 1 2 3 4 for attunements, and q e r f t for weapon skills. I use z x c for utilities. I find having my dodge and various other binds on the mouse is more effective. Things like look back, quick turn, etc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Croustibat.7035

Croustibat.7035

I bought my Naga (Molten) just before the beta, 10/10 would buy again !

#1-10 skills set to 1-10 buttons (default Naga setting)

WASD for moving, Q weapon swap, E dodge
ZXCV for attunements

I use this with every character and I feel comfortable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bakalula.1620

Bakalula.1620

1-5 wepon skils
6 heal
7 – 9 utility
e – fire
r – wather
f – earth
c – wind
v – elite
x – loot

i use on other clas the same setings
q – wep swap

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think if you set all your skills to your thumb it’s not going to help you much amd your thumb will get tired of it.

you must have some weak thumbs. hehe.

There is no way you can be as fast with only your thumb as with a few fingers.
Share the workload between the left and right hand and you’ll be twice faster.

With my setup you can hit all skills at once without moving a finger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

m5 = fire
m4=water
q = air
e= earth

6-10 on mouse (utils)

1-5 on keyboard

v = dodge

shift = look back

c = about face

range w/ indicator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Razer Deathadder is what im using. More than enough to have 5 buttons on a mouse with varied keyboard combinations.

But as you can see, everyone has different play methods,styles,p[references,beliefs,etc. But remember , no one actually uses F1 to F4 for attunement cycles because its just too clumsy. Or maybe i have big hands. Not sure :P

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister