will RTL and Elites skills get looked at?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

It is needed that we get RTL back to its old fashion (Launch GW2). The current state of it is bad. The hit or miss CD is a pain to deal with. If you miss a target due to lag, the target dodging, or even being 10 ft short the skill becomes useless and 40 sec cd applies… Now enough about RTL everyone knows it’s bad and needs to be reworked again…

Also speaking of bad skills… Elites… ALL of them… GARBAGE!

Here would be a nice Elite Skill for Elementalist.

Arcane Insanity
You become enraged with arcane power for 10 seconds reducing your attunement recharge of all elements by 100% while also reducing the cooldown of your skills by 50%.

I could think of a million elites better than what we have, because all our elites are useless…

Elementalist only need traits fixed, skills, and elites… That’s not so much to get done, but please get it done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I don’t think rtl needs to go back to its original, but rather something that they skipped over when they super nerfed it.
Original RTL: 15 second cooldown and 1500 range despite being labeled as 1200
1st nerf: Increased cooldown to 20 seconds
2nd nerf: Increased cooldown to 40 seconds with cooldown halved if it hit a target and reduced range to 1200.
I think the skill would’ve been far better off with a 20 second cooldown and the 1200 range or even a 25 second cooldown and the 1200 range than the rediculous 40 second cooldown this skill recieved.
On the topic of elites, all of them have small, niche uses, but you will never win a fight with your elite, unless you count running away as winning (Against a zerg, it is).

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think the skill would’ve been far better off with a 20 second cooldown and the 1200 range or even a 25 second cooldown and the 1200 range than the rediculous 40 second cooldown this skill recieved.

Nailed it…this would be perfect. However, with them reworking arcana to not be terrible, I fear the class is going to be able to be mega-bunky if it builds max-bunker, which would prevent them from fixing this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

If they make us too bunkery and take it out on our mobility, we’re left with necro syndrome, which is not really a good thing to have for anything other than 1v1.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

It is needed that we get RTL back to its old fashion (Launch GW2). The current state of it is bad. The hit or miss CD is a pain to deal with. If you miss a target due to lag, the target dodging, or even being 10 ft short the skill becomes useless and 40 sec cd applies… Now enough about RTL everyone knows it’s bad and needs to be reworked again…

Also speaking of bad skills… Elites… ALL of them… GARBAGE!

Here would be a nice Elite Skill for Elementalist.

Arcane Insanity
You become enraged with arcane power for 10 seconds reducing your attunement recharge of all elements by 100% while also reducing the cooldown of your skills by 50%.

I could think of a million elites better than what we have, because all our elites are useless…

Elementalist only need traits fixed, skills, and elites… That’s not so much to get done, but please get it done.

I love both tornado and fire gs even after their perspective nerfs. Tornado, though, is the weakest of our elites as it is ungodly easy to kite and no longer affect meteors!!!!! Fire gs is great for mobility but it’s damage is not comparable to skills like rampage and moa which have similar cooldowns but are much stronger.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Elementalist

Sadrien.3470

I don’t think rtl needs to go back to its original, but rather something that they skipped over when they super nerfed it.
Original RTL: 15 second cooldown and 1500 range despite being labeled as 1200
1st nerf: Increased cooldown to 20 seconds
2nd nerf: Increased cooldown to 40 seconds with cooldown halved if it hit a target and reduced range to 1200.
On the topic of elites, all of them have small, niche uses, but you will never win a fight with your elite, unless you count running away as winning (Against a zerg, it is).

The quaggan hater is wrong!!! You win by having 4 eles frostbow the zerg from stealth not running away!!! Goodbye to the only tool capable of making small man groups able to destroy mindless ktrains.

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yeah RTL becoming 25s CD would help burst specs and properly being 1200 range should be the sweet spot.

Tornado is a good elite….except the part where you’re still super squishy and no long have your defensive skills. It’s a simple fix, give 800 armour and 1000 vitality while transformed. Well, something like that, balance the numbers but it needs more health and armour.

FGS is a tough one. I’d personally increase all damage on it by 50-100% except for the flame trail but then that doesn’t stack so not a problem anymore.

Glyph of elementals is very strong when used right, perhaps fire elemental could leave small lava fonts and earth elementals protection effect extended but otherwise is a decent elite.

Remember, earth elemental can tank Old Tom on level 50 fractals…nothing else can do that afaik.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

they announced that elemental attunement will become a minor, most likely merged with the fury on swap minor. if you’re able to take vig renewal, e contingency (+ e attune minor) and evasive arcana d/d ele will be the most op build in the entire game.

the other question is if that minor trait will be selfish, if the durations will be nerfed or whatever they do to it or do to other traits. if it’s selfish then it’s gonna be useless again and will not be viable for team support. if it’s gonna be allies only then well so be it because the other buffs will make up for it and you won’t lose the support.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

they announced that elemental attunement will become a minor, most likely merged with the fury on swap minor.

Um link, my understanding is that both Evasive and Elemental will be the t3 trait you cant take both anymore. So please enlighten me.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Remember, earth elemental can tank Old Tom on level 50 fractals…nothing else can do that afaik.

Everyone loves to hate on them, but bears also do an admirable job tanking old tom.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

See, told you Ele people are irrational.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

FGS is a terrible elite?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Yes it is, it has no damage, lock you out of you weapon skill for ??? Mobility … GG

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Yes it is, it has no damage, lock you out of you weapon skill for ??? Mobility … GG

And that mobility is too high that you could reach enemies’ home point before your enemy actually reach home… Then you can stall on the node, which Ele is extremely good at, leading to 1 node for you and 2 neutral nodes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Seriously if they re-balance of all the skills and leave the elementalists elites in the poor state they are in it’s going to be worth a quadruple face palm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

And that mobility is too high that you could reach enemies’ home point before your enemy actually reach home… Then you can stall on the node, which Ele is extremely good at, leading to 1 node for you and 2 neutral nodes.

Plenty of classes can reach far node before it is capped, you don’t need to be the first to the point, just able to get on it before the full cap. On most maps all you really need to get there in time is swiftness which any competent team can provide a large amount of it at the start and maybe a leap or 2. Seems like a terrible reason to consider the mobility of an elite with a 3 minute cooldown and no other real uses “too high”. Unless you want to give it actually good damage so it is worth fighting with, then mobility should be shaved.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

Everyone keeps making topics about RtL.

And I heartily approve.

Fix this kitten, ANet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

D/D ele is now garbage, i hardly even play it anymore in WvW and i hardly see anyone else play it. So many undeserved nerfs.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yeah RTL becoming 25s CD would help burst specs and properly being 1200 range should be the sweet spot.

Tornado is a good elite….except the part where you’re still super squishy and no long have your defensive skills. It’s a simple fix, give 800 armour and 1000 vitality while transformed. Well, something like that, balance the numbers but it needs more health and armour.

FGS is a tough one. I’d personally increase all damage on it by 50-100% except for the flame trail but then that doesn’t stack so not a problem anymore.

Glyph of elementals is very strong when used right, perhaps fire elemental could leave small lava fonts and earth elementals protection effect extended but otherwise is a decent elite.

For Tornado I would like a few changes (all of them or some of them):

Make the Elementalist completely immune to movement impairing skills, like chill/immob/cripple I mean you are a TORNADO how can you be crippled?

Add a Pull skill, pull people inside the Tornado. Maybe a skill that applies Taunt? Or a skill like Magnet. You are a TORNADO, you should be able to pull people inside you.

Add a projectile absorb skill (reflect might be too OP)

Now kiting is much harder, the Tornado has extra defenses against ranged attacks AND you can pull people in so they can’t just run away. Also, now Tornado will have 5 skills

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

rush has a 20sec cd, swoop has a 12 sec cd and rtl has a 20sec cd. with the new movement impairing condition change to movement skills all of these should become 15sec cd with double the cd (30sec) if u miss it because this adds some counterplay to them but its not ridiculous IMO.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I use FGS everyday. It’s the only elite I ever use. The damage is alright if you have crit damage on all your pieces, especially with fresh air. It makes it so no one can run away from you with 10%, cept maybe a warrior or thief.

Tornado is terrible since you can get condi bombed while in it, and the cd is way too long to use for applicable situations. The knockback doesn’t work that great either, just like gust.

I stopped using dagger/dagger so long ago it’s not even funny. The perks were all stripped from this, and it really has no place outside of organized spvp or gvgs imho. Probably one of the reasons I didn’t bother getting Incinerator also. I can, however, see it being a slightly improved weapon-set after trait patch with the chill on incoming crit.

I’m looking forward to the new trait system, but the condi changes look dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. As someone who only plays elementalist, I don’t like any condi spec for ele at all. It’s extremely slow application of damage that doesn’t last long enough. Only perplexity runes can possibly give it any playability from my perspective. Wtb a damage modifier to blinds. tia

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I use FGS everyday. It’s the only elite I ever use. The damage is alright if you have crit damage on all your pieces, especially with fresh air. It makes it so no one can run away from you with 10%, cept maybe a warrior or thief.

Tornado is terrible since you can get condi bombed while in it, and the cd is way too long to use for applicable situations. The knockback doesn’t work that great either, just like gust.

I stopped using dagger/dagger so long ago it’s not even funny. The perks were all stripped from this, and it really has no place outside of organized spvp or gvgs imho. Probably one of the reasons I didn’t bother getting Incinerator also. I can, however, see it being a slightly improved weapon-set after trait patch with the chill on incoming crit.

I’m looking forward to the new trait system, but the condi changes look dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. As someone who only plays elementalist, I don’t like any condi spec for ele at all. It’s extremely slow application of damage that doesn’t last long enough. Only perplexity runes can possibly give it any playability from my perspective. Wtb a damage modifier to blinds. tia

FGS damage is terrible. #4 does close to no damage, but that’s due to the skill being bugged still. The AA is okay, but it’s still not elite worth it. The only thing it’s good for is when you get immob and can one shot the person if they stand close to you. And obviously mobility, but that’s getting nerfed, so I wonder if eles will get an elite that’s actually game-changing such as Rampage or banner.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I think not. I hope i’m wrong though.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

D/D ele is now garbage, i hardly even play it anymore in WvW and i hardly see anyone else play it. So many undeserved nerfs.

As someone who was used to play d/d in the good old WvW days I find d/d today to be completely unrewarding if not borderline unplayable in large scale fights. Sad because it’s an entire play style that has disappeared because of unjustifiable nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

As someone who was used to play d/d in the good old WvW days I find d/d today to be completely unrewarding if not borderline unplayable in large scale fights. Sad because it’s an entire play style that has disappeared because of unjustifiable nerfs.

Can you still run D/D as gank squad with thieves/mesmers in GvGs and organized guild WvWing?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Sadrien.3470

LoL anyone who plays dd ele in apvp will tell you the exact opposite. Almost every team runs a dd ele because they are so strong.

in Elementalist

Sadrien.3470

Welcome to dd condi specs…. 5 stacks of burn on dragons breath anyone?

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

LoL anyone who plays dd ele in apvp will tell you the exact opposite. Almost every team runs a dd ele because they are so strong.

He’s talking about WVW!!!
DD was very strong in MT, now unviable due to rock solid nerf. It’s nice in FP, but far weaker than mesmer and thief so why would you take a less efficient class ? Melee in BL is obviously not possible.
So yes, DD is just non existant in large scale figths

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

well it looks like RTL and Elites did not get looked at… Our trait system is 100% better…

Arcane is the best with the other 4 in a complete draw… I have alot of builds to look at….

I am still hoping for a change in RTL!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

fire is still crap, just blinding ashes is good.

disappointed with skill changes too, dragon’s tooth still not ground target.
rtl still 40s
shatterstone still useless

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

rtl still 40s

People keep saying the elementalist was saved. I say nothing really changed. I mean our builds only got buffed IF you look at it from the prospective of the previous preview. Overall, it did not change. It especially did not change for other weapons except daggers and possibly s/d.

If you are hate the spammy nature of s/d and d/d, you either play heal bot or play another class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

rtl still 40s

People keep saying the elementalist was saved. I say nothing really changed. I mean our builds only got buffed IF you look at it from the prospective of the previous preview. Overall, it did not change. It especially did not change for other weapons except daggers and possibly s/d.

If you are hate the spammy nature of s/d and d/d, you either play heal bot or play another class.

Thanks, I feel like I’m the only one who is not satisfied with the changes.

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

Ele got nerfed cause it didnt get upped.
I agree with you, nothing changed for ele, while other class got power creeped to heaven.
Not even to mention nerf to vigor which is one more indirect nerf to ele cause its the class with the highest uptime and who needs it the most

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.

Translation:
Go kitten yourself, we wont revert the unjustified nerf, that would be balancing ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Ele got nerfed cause it didnt get upped.
I agree with you, nothing changed for ele, while other class got power creeped to heaven.
Not even to mention nerf to vigor which is one more indirect nerf to ele cause its the class with the highest uptime and who needs it the most

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.

Translation:
Go kitten yourself, we wont revert the unjustified nerf, that would be balancing ele

What’s funnier is that movement speed adjustments never affected Ride the Lightning in the first place which is why the skill was nuked from orbit. Now all the movement skills will be like this. Double standards ftw.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

That’s why i added a translation bro ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

That’s why i added a translation bro ^^

Ah, I must have misunderstood your sarcasm then. Maybe if we make a big enough uproar they might change it, but I have barely any faith in Karl. They haven’t even given a reason as to WHY they won’t change it unlike back when that nerf was introduced.

This is just stupid, that livestream was a joke. They could have saved tons of time by just posting the respective patch notes in each forum and then having that particular dev just answer some posts here and there where they could.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Well… as far we know – elite skills remain untouched (except Tornado which was, still is and will be a death trap even with the upcoming change) – still none of them has the right to be called an Elite. Instead of buffing already OP skills (Ice Bow I’m looking at you) they should make Elites relevant or give us an option to slot an utility skill in that place.

(edited by Thaia.5146)