3 changes you want to see the most on engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Punkins.2087

Punkins.2087

I dont get why auto attack is such a big deal.. are you guys sitting in one kit, waiting on cooldowns?? If yes.. ugh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

3. Give us a proper class mecanic, example: a passive that creates an engine every 5-10 sec to a cap. The engines are used instead of cooldowns for skills sutch as turrets, mine or other machine like creations.

Why this? The class mechanic is kitten cool, compared to my Mesmer.
I mean, I love my Mesmer, but the actual shatter mechanic is a mess in it’s implementation, while the extra healing and the three extra utility skills are a lot of fun to play with, and make for rather frantic gameplay.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I dont get why auto attack is such a big deal.. are you guys sitting in one kit, waiting on cooldowns?? If yes.. ugh.

Grenades are our only possible option for most wvw situations. Rifle is very bad and pistols are too. So that leaves us with grenades for long-range and bombs for close-range.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

1. Turrets having their cooldown start when you drop them so we can get them ready for next mob when roaming in PvE, the way it is now force me to wait 30 sec for every mob.

2. Make rifle, pistol and bombs FUN, like faster… or at least not the long fire animations. Bombs with mobile heat-seeking AI would also work.

3. Give us a proper class mecanic, example: a passive that creates an engine every 5-10 sec to a cap. The engines are used instead of cooldowns for skills sutch as turrets, mine or other machine like creations.

Yeah I can also agree with those ideas, they sounds fun~

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Looks like grenade autoattack is the dominant wish:

Cameirus.8407
JoxerNL.3752
Zenguy.6421
KratosAngel.7289
tigirius.9014
Sirendor.1394
Frightlight.3796
Erdem.8956
The Pork Chop Xprss.3152
Kain Francois.4328

1500 Range auto attack would be extreme. Engineer is not supposed to be push button and win. The devs took out the auto attack so they wouldn’t nerf the damage even more. If somebody loves grenades so much they should adapt. Start by binding another key in stead of “1”.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

1500 Range auto attack would be extreme. Engineer is not supposed to be push button and win. The devs took out the auto attack so they wouldn’t nerf the damage even more. If somebody loves grenades so much they should adapt. Start by binding another key in stead of “1”.

Mashing any button for 2 hours straight will break your keyboard and finger. This is a quality of life improvement.

That said, why would 1500 range be extreme? Rangers have it, and grenades are inaccurate as it is (probably more so with autoattack…)

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

As others have said, grenades are our best (and only viable) long-range aoe attack for wvw zergs, and big pve events. Those situations often cause skill lag, which makes the GT function miserable and unreliable for a spam skill like an auto attack. For the life of me, I can’t understand how anyone thought up the idea to make ground targeted, hand thrown grenades the longest range option.

Now despite that, I like the GT option, but it really should be a 900 range weapon max, and a less cumbersome, target focused option should be used for long range dps where skill lag is common.

Oh, my 3 (reasonable) changes:

1: More durable turrets.
2: Lower CD for gadgets (maybe a few reworks/other number tweaks).
3: More DPS for FT.

My top 3 dream list (that will never happen):

1: True long range rifle skills with proper aiming animation (current rifles skills, with Hip Shot reworked into a short-range , higher damage skill, should go to a “cannister gun” or “shotgun” kit). Reduce grenade range.
2: A way to use both the rifle and pistols/shield as a kit selection (would require better weapon damage).
3: A rocket hammer!

Attachments:

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Looks like grenade autoattack is the dominant wish:

Cameirus.8407
JoxerNL.3752
Zenguy.6421
KratosAngel.7289
tigirius.9014
Sirendor.1394
Frightlight.3796
Erdem.8956
The Pork Chop Xprss.3152
Kain Francois.4328

Whether the auto-attack is there or not, doesn’t change the fact that the range of grenades is already 1500. I don’t see why it’s a point of discussion.

There are 2 mechanisms being talked about here and it seems to me you’re blending them:
- auto-attack function: the skill throws automatically, without you needing to tap the button, but it won’t go toward an enemy, but will still be ground-targetted.
- auto-target function: the skill throws automatically, but it will go straight toward your enemy, without ground-targetting.

I would be very happy if the 1st would be implemented, and even happier when the 2nd would be implemented. Even with 1st one implemented, we’ll still have to point the place we want the grenades to hit, and we’ll still need to anticipate.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

1. Increase Turret survivability (more hp / aoe dmg reduction) – and make em smarter
2. Rework Gadgets. Right now, they’re not worth taking over kits or elixirs. Give passive effects like signets or “charge” them like mantras or something.
3. Make FT#2 a blast finisher or FT#5 a smoke field

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Something I forgot:

Fix our DOWNED skills!

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

Something I forgot:

Fix our DOWNED skills!

The problem w/ it is skills 1 and 2
The only valuable condi on skill 1 is chill and it doesn’t proc often
It should rng between vuln, burn and immobilize that way it benefits power, condi duration and/or condi dmg users evenly.

The pull on skill 2 often just helps the enemy stomp or; it misses, gets blocked, no effect or is too slow.

There are lots of ideas that have been presented on the forums like pulling yourself to allies or replacing it with elixir S.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I would replace #2 with #3, and #3 with Elixir S, tbh.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

1) Take the raw potency of Grenade Kit with HGH and distribute it to the other Kits. So that we are not forced into a single build for high end PvP.

2) Gadgets need some attention I think giving gadgets two different effects, one if used while not under the effects of a Crowd Control and one while breaking the stun. ( For example using Rocket Boots while not CC’ed could cause you to leap forward inflicting burning on targets at the landing radius. If Rocket Boots is used while suffering from a CC it could do its current effect but also knocking down targets at your launch point.) This would be an innovative change instead of the obvious needed cooldown reduction.

3) Take a look at Engineer Traits. This sounds vague but honestly any attention given to the engineer traits would be well spent. It currently lacks any synergy aside from a few gimmick builds that are ironically the only tourney viable builds. You are forced to leap around and dig deep, down unwanted trait lines to get any of the “useful” traits.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Three changes to Rifle, because it’s kitten.

1) Get rid of the unworkable range restriction on blunderbuss (it’s LESS than melee range FFS)

2) Change overpowered shot to a PBAOE that doesn’t need a target.

3) Make all of Jump Shot’s damage happen on either the take off or the landing, instead of spread over both. Then speed the entire thing up.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Also:

1) Remove HGH

2) Remove HGH

3) Remove HGH

It’s nothing but a crutch that’s hiding the real problems with Engineers.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Grenades are our only possible option for most wvw situations. Rifle is very bad and pistols are too. So that leaves us with grenades for long-range and bombs for close-range.

How… w…what did you say about the rifle?

Here is a rifle engineer in WvW:

Please don’t ever make such statements and admit it is you who has tons of improvements to make. The rifle is a formidable weapon – If you choose your equipments and traits smartly. Engineers are supposed to be difficult to play and a high versatility class, even a non GW2 player would figure that. If you want to coward out behind 1500 range and sit back watching enemies die? It shouldn’t happen and it won’t.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Come on. Do not post the very old WvW Video, where someone recorded 1000 fights and put one ololol fight in a video. This video is not a prof, rifle is very bad.

In sPvP you fight with equal stuff not like in wvw where you fight against lvl 12 people without gear. And in this sPvP you can see that the rifle is bad.

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

-Trait/Bug fixes.
-Evening out the various Kits, ability-wise. As things ride now, some Kits are rarely used … I’d like ’em all to be equally viable.
-(wish list item) Mobile Turrets, or at least better cooldown vs. repositioning options

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Come on. Do not post the very old WvW Video, where someone recorded 1000 fights and put one ololol fight in a video. This video is not a prof, rifle is very bad.

I currently use this build with the same great efficiency. Look up the patch notes, it hasn’t been nerfd. Why does it matter if it’s a few months old when everything is the same? You know what is indeed very bad? Complaining about items you don’t have a clue about.

In sPvP you fight with equal stuff not like in wvw where you fight against lvl 12 people without gear. And in this sPvP you can see that the rifle is bad.

Your initial topic was about WvW and now you want to change the whole picture. It’s too late to build false walls to sustain your words.

rifle is bad

Never do this again.

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

SD gives up 1500 range and condi impunity with CF409 of the HGH Grenadier; for superior burst at Melee range, without the safety of Stealth or a secondary movement skill to break focus.

It’s certainly safer to run HGH Grenades than it is to run SD.

Rifle is said to be “Bad” because it is a high risk, high reward weapon. The skills randomly missing at Point Blank range don’t help either.

Is SD Rifle bad? No, it’s just different and requires taking on higher risk, rewarding you with lower TTK.

I will say though, that the SOAC Tournament showed the weaknesses of SD rifle far more than it did HGH Grenades. Too often the SD engineer was shut out of the fight from incidental AOE or was shut down by condi pressure, whilst the safety and relative condi impunity of HGH Grenades could shine on the Point Capture format of PVP.

In WVW where fights are a lot more mobile in terms of room to maneuver, the options open up. SD is certainly viable for roaming, but is probably a bad idea to take into ZergvZerg as lack of sustain healing and close range translate to a short lifespan with all the AOE being thrown around. It’s the opposite for HGH Grenadier.

If they ever fix the buggy SD procs for Elixir Gun, Healing Turret, Big Ol Bomb though, I could see a pig disgusting Sitting Duck/Static Discharge hybrid burst happening when comboed with Net Turret.

25 stacks of Vulnerability without Steel Packed Powder or Analyze, then quickly covering with Burn/Confuse/Bleed on top of SD procs could open the way to builds utilising SD beyond Rifle Turret/Toolkit/Utility Goggles.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Very good point. Grenades already offer a very safe point against zerg in WvW. Adding auto attack to this existing comfort would make it OP. And I don’t want any more damage reductions.

in Engineer

MonMalthias.4763

I think that anybody complaining about requiring an Autoattack for Grenades is probably still binding “1” to keyboard rather than Mouse. Yes, the problem then becomes a hardware issue and I don’t think that any sane balance decision should be based on whether or not people have mice with more than the default 2+scroll wheel/clickwheel.

Auto-attack on Grenades is pretty much a luxury change at the moment anyway.

When you look at the number of Junk Traits that engineer suffers from I don’t think that having AA on a skillshot kit should be a #1 Priority.

Engineers need:
1: A pass over the buggy and unused traits.
The only reason you see most Engineers run Grenades is because most everything else takes on too much risk for almost parity in reward. Gadgets are not supported by Traits properly. And Turrets require 60 points of investment for disappointing outcomes. Only Kits and Elixirs Remain – and this is reflected in the builds for Engineer.

2: Revert a certain degree of the Weapon Skill nerfs.
As a class we are way, way too dependant on Kits right now, for Swap Sigils on ICD, whilst having crappy mainhand skills.
Pistol Mainhand #1 was not only crippled in its Power damage early on, but later the max # of bleeds you could stack with it were also crippled. You wouldn’t even use it for conditions unless you were Might stacking or had 100% Condition duration, and even then, Elixir Gun applies a superior Bleed with superior base Power damage.
As for Rifle, Blunderbuss and Overcharged Shot missing at Point Blank range still remain issues since launch; whilst the hang time of Jump Shot curtails the only GTAoE movement skill Engineer has

3: Turrets. Seriously. Everything from lack of stat scaling to borked hitboxes to terrible Toolbelt skills condemns this entire set of utilities to the trash.
Except Healing Turret, but even that is better used and exploded rather than kept on the field.
Either leave them as is and rebalance cooldowns to be predicated on them being Fully Disposable, or make them a legitimate area control tool to be left on the field.
Turret Toolbelts are mostly damage and no utility with punishing cooldowns as well. I’d like to see improvements to the utility of Rifle Turret, Flame Turret, Thumper Turret and Rocket Turret toolblet abilities beyond simple damage.

(edited by MonMalthias.4763)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

1. Make Flame Blast a Blast finisher.

2. Make Acid Bomb cure Immobilization, Cripple, and Chilled.

3. Boost the base damage of the Flamethrower and Elixir Gun by 15% and re-design Deadly Mixture. Maybe make it so Flame Jet has a Cripple or Acid Bomb ensnares. Make it have some utility than just bolster DPS.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

1. Default bomb radius increased.
2. Gadget CD reduced, slightly buffed effects, and no more self CC.
3. Mainhand pistol auto base damage buffed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Why this? The class mechanic is kitten cool, compared to my Mesmer.
I mean, I love my Mesmer, but the actual shatter mechanic is a mess in it’s implementation, while the extra healing and the three extra utility skills are a lot of fun to play with, and make for rather frantic gameplay.

I don’t say we should remove our current toolbelt skills, just add a little extra with character. The toolbelt skill have no personality or interesting game mechanics, it’s just a few extra skills tossed in last minute.

My idea is simply to add a little gear next to our F4 ability that counts how many engines you have created, every few sec it makes another up to a cap and we can use one or more for diffrent skills instead of cooldowns. Kinda like the thiefs initiative in fact.

in Engineer

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

1) I’d like to see Flamethrower buffed a bit. Wouldn’t take much, but would be nice, maybe Flame Blast be a blast finisher.
2) Turrets… have more or less completely forgotten about those.
3) Gadget improvements would be nice… again, have completely forgotten about those. Between necessary kits and necessary elixirs, gadgets have no room.

I think more than other professions, the proliferation of kits and gadgets and elixirs makes the limited number of utility slots quite a problem. I don’t know what they really envisioned, but it would be kind of cool either be able to specialize in any of these paths, or do something like one turret, one kit, one gadget, one elixir. I suppose Flamethrower comes close. I usually run healing turrent, FT kit, and two elixirs.

in Engineer

MonMalthias.4763

3. Boost the base damage of the Flamethrower and Elixir Gun by 15% and re-design Deadly Mixture. Maybe make it so Flame Jet has a Cripple or Acid Bomb ensnares. Make it have some utility than just bolster DPS.

This. There are way, way too many dull %damage traits in the game right now.
%Damage complicates balance without increasing class depth.

Guess which classes have the most %damage traits? Warrior, Thief
Guess which classes have balance that sits on a knife edge? Warrior, Thief
No other two classes have engendered so much pointless discussion as those two classes around balance. Warriors/Thieves do too much/too little damage, etc. etc.

I suppose I wouldn’t really be talking about Engineer specifically in this case, but seriously. % damage is lazy and dull and complicates balance without increasing class depth.

Get rid of the few % damage traits that Engineers have so we can have properly balanced skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

1) Reduce Turret hitboxes, they are too large (or you can just file this in the fix turrets section)
2) Fix Rifle bugs, they are really frustrating.
3) Fix Unused and not so powerful traits. (I’d give suggestions on what the traits should change to but I haven’t really thought about it yet)

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

The reworking of turrets and gadgets.

I don’t really have many other complaints, I love Engineer and think we are in a pretty good place overall.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: JustBKuz.9713

JustBKuz.9713

First, I love my Asuran Engineer. Speaks to my playstyle (jack of all trades, master of none). That said, I don’t think I could limit myself to just 3… so here they are in no particular order.

A. Crappy Traits (too darn many of these in the Engineer’s trait lines).

B. Turn the turrets into a kit itself. Equipping the ‘Turret Kit’ gives you
1. Wench (damages foes[melee range]/heals turrets) [auto attack]
2. Rifle Turret (drop a rifle turret) CD Xs
3. Net Turret (drop a net turret) CD Xs
4. Missile Turret (drop a missile turret) CD Xs
5. Healing Turret (drop a healing turret) CD Xs
Tool belt skill: explode all turrets for X damage each
( I leave it to the developers to decide the balancing for the cooldowns and the damage on explosion, though, i think they are halfway there with the current damages and such)

C. The gadgets DEFINITELY need fixing/reworking. I like the idea of them being more like Signets with a passive ability and an activated one (even if the passive one takes up the tool belt skill slot).

D. OK, maybe I do have one thing that I think our profession could use. FIX THE ELITE SKILLS!!!! They are ALL crap. The only reason people say the Supply Crate isn’t is that the rest SUCK SO BAD that one bad one is our best one. I’d rather be able to equip another utility skill (even without the toolbelt portion of the skill).

E. Last, but not least, the random aspect and self mutilation of the profession. The knockback of the rifle skill (Overcharged Shot) wouldn’t be so bad if it worked like the Acid Bomb from the Elixir Gun (doesn’t knock us down, just launches us back). And, the completely random effect of elixirs (especially when thrown) makes it difficult to plan your build effectively. Making is less ‘jack of all trades’ and more RNG NIGHTMARES!

LOL /end rant (thanks for listening)

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

1) Engi’s don’t have crappy traits
2) Turning turrets into a kit would be beyond OP. Every Engi would run the kit, drop a net, rocket, rifle, thumper, and fire turret, then pop into their grenades, and pistols, and HGH bomb someone to death, not to mention preventing anyone from getting near you for fear of the OC nightmare that would ensue assuming you wanted to actually attack the point.
3) Gadgets do need some rework, I will give you this.
4) Supply crate is legit, get rid of the rampaging brute portion of the potion, and just put in the tornado, if I had this ability, I would drop my supply crate in a heart beat for it on my bunker.
5) The random portion is annoying yes, but learn to not rely on it.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39