After 9 months, I'm dropping turrets...

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I started my engineer at day 1 of headstart, decided to run turrets and have done so ever since. 900 hours later, I’ve pretty much played turrets until I am completely comfortable with them. HOWEVER… it is now time for a change!

My gameplay style has changed drastically now that I have graduated from college and have a full time job, and I find myself doing more Dragon hunting than anything else. I do other things, mind you, but dragons pretty much are the bulk of it (once I get done with them I dont really have free time for much else!). The problem is that turrets ignore dragons entirely. I kind of always assumed that by this point such an obvious and gaping bug in the turret AI would be addressed… but it hasn’t. And that leads me to believe it simply won’t be. Whining won’t change that, I suppose, so it’s time to adapt.

I don’t like kits. Can’t stand the hobosacks, tbh. Sooooo that leaves me with either gadgets or elixirs. Since there is really only 1 gadget I like, it’s elixir time for me! =D

So with that said- any suggestions on a good full elixir build? I have a pretty decent idea, but since I’ve played nothing but turrets I don’t know for sure. So I figure I’ll cut to the chase and ask the more experienced elixir players: do you have any tips for me? =D

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

If I have to guess, until now u’ve been farming in orr, otherwise u would have dropped turret ages ago…
If I’m correct, turret is considered an enviroment weapon (just like the ones u find in front of the gate in CoF), with the exact AI; said so I belive Devs won’t change it as it is working as intended.

If u are planing to do PvE, u can take both Kits or Elixir, and going for condition damage, which at the moment is the strongest build arround.(look arround the forum, u should find penty build with HGH)

Returning to the turret, right now they have a great number of issue: their hitbox, for example, when I drop Healing turret in NULL istance, I would likely activate 2-3 traps at time, even though i’m far away, resulting the turret insta-destroy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

If I have to guess, until now u’ve been farming in orr, otherwise u would have dropped turret ages ago…
If I’m correct, turret is considered an enviroment weapon (just like the ones u find in front of the gate in CoF), with the exact AI; said so I belive Devs won’t change it as it is working as intended.

If u are planing to do PvE, u can take both Kits or Elixir, and going for condition damage, which at the moment is the strongest build arround.(look arround the forum, u should find penty build with HGH)

Returning to the turret, right now they have a great number of issue: their hitbox, for example, when I drop Healing turret in NULL istance, I would likely activate 2-3 traps at time, even though i’m far away, resulting the turret insta-destroy.

Not really farming Orr as much as doing 100% map completion on my engie, helping friends do events, and such like that by way of PvE. Not a big dungeon guy myself, though I have done a few.

Now, in PvP I have and always will run turrets. My K/D ratio is outstanding and I can count the number of 1v1s I’ve lost since headstart on one hand, and I attribute that greatly to my turrets. I don’t see myself dropping them any time soon for that.

Since I don’t like the kit hobosacks, for now I’ll stick to elixirs. Luckily for me, I have and always will run condition builds so I won’t have to worry about changing out my gear!