Asura Engineers running Elixir S

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Bump.

Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it.

Please.

What they said.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I want the ability to stomp asuras with my right foot whenever they use the Elixir S.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Bump.

I also love how 70% of the time when I try to drop Supply Crate I see the animation of it hitting the ground but due to lag it doesnt actually cast the skill just puts it on the the 4 sec interupt CD.

Laggy Zerg fighting in WvW is awesome when 95% of our skills have cast times, even drinking Elixirs! Throw Elixirs have a cast time AND travel time! its a good thing all the effects are so powerful they balance out being so slow!
(Except Elixir S which seems to be instant!? Some type of special quik use vial? Maybe you don’t have to pull out a cork like Elixir B or peel back the pudding lid like Elixir H?)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

this thread was relegated to the second page, I find that inadmissable.

and yeah crispeh, that lag in wvw is becoming silly, I’m avoiding playing at peak times since it’s pretty much impossible to play with any skill involved.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

ah i see what the problem is, and i know what Anet is going to do about it.

good news everyone! asuran engineers are now immune to elixir S effect as they already have it permanently

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Bump.
You have to fix this bug Anet!
Can you not see how important my Elixirs are to me!

My Elixir Inspired Engineer

Elixir B- B is for Body
Elixir H- H is for Hands
Elixir S- S is for Shoes

and lets not forget my Sash of Flaming Poison!
(hmm when said out loud tht sounds a little………)

Attachments:

(edited by CriSPeH.8512)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

It would be nice to at least has confirmation this will be fixed in the next patch….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Bump.

2x Runes of Fire
2x Runes of Water
2x Runes of the Mad King
2x Givers Pistolas
Toolkit

10/20/10/30/00

This has been working out suprisingly well for me in PvP & WvW.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

i’ve given up on my engineer due to this bug(one of the reasons atleast).

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

i’ve given up on my engineer due to this bug(one of the reasons atleast).

nooooooooooooo

You hang in there, grab this turret with your last strenght!
You can do it!

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I love that a huge thread like this detailing an important bug does not even warrant any kind of response from the mods.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

its strange indeed, I know bugs usually get prioritized, some things have higher priority than others so this may be why.

If 1/8 players is an engineer and 1/5 is an asura, and from those 1/2 uses elixir S you are looking at 1/80 players having this issue which may even be considered non-important or non-gamebreaking.

So please, oh god of devs, send us 1.25 percenters some love, we do consider it gamebreaking even if you don’t. We will occupy your street.

I’m sure the fix can’t take more than a few man-hours, as it was working well before. Maybe use the same idea you got for super adventure box and make us all the same mini-size when using S.

so fix it

http://i.imgur.com/qYdeHTg.jpg

or the bunny gets it.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Bump for great justice

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Bump again.

Seems like a very easy problem to fix because the problem wasn’t always there.
If I remember right Elixir S worked fine up untill the Halloween patch.
When tht patch came out there was a brief period where you could zoom out almost double the amount. (which was awesome for nade throwing BTW)
When they fixed this issue is when I first started to notice the camera bug.

I could be remembering it wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it went.
So it seems like they should be able to narrow down the problem rather easily.

Attachments:

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Bump.

I also feel like since Toolkit Skill #1 hits so slow you will almost never get the 3rd strike off that Prybar needs to be changed to have a larger hit radius.

Its ridiculous that you can hit multiple ppl with your tiny Pipe Wrench but can only hit a single person right infront of you with a body length Prybar.
I wouldn’t want Prybar to be AoE because it would need to be nerfed, either through dmg or confusion.
But simply making the hit cone a little larger I think would only bring the skill up to where it should be and make it much more reliable in WvW.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Odd thing about Tool Kit #1 is that the first 2 are aoe… but the last isn’t.
And that it’s the funniest #1 skill in the game of course.

Almost as funny as my camera hick ups when I use elixir S.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I haven’t noticed the Elixir S camera bug in a while on my Asura Engi. It might be because I’m playing on my 42 inch TV though.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Taevion.2896

Taevion.2896

make this announcment on bugs forum too, i’m sick of no replies for this annoying piece of kitten bug, also i don’t remember having this problem during release, it only ahppaned to me today……. or maybe i never used the skill while moving…..

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

bump
Bump
bump
Bump
bump
Bump

in Engineer

Mif.3471

Sick of seizure-cam

in Engineer

Posted by: Adrenal.8739

Adrenal.8739

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could fix this bug? My brain is not working any more and I am pretty sure it’s because of this eerrrppp bug.

Also, I can’t find any sasquatch in the game, is there a place with sasquatches? I found trolls but not one bigfoot… I forgot they were called bigfoots lol but then today I was thinking about monster trucks… and i remembered!

in Engineer

Mif.3471

Still waiting for a dev response…

:’(

/dangles cookies to lure dev

in Engineer

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

Asurans in general have bad camera angles thanks to their height. They increased the FoV a long time ago, but it is still worse than other races.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

kinda have given up on engineer due to this bug and migrated to mesmers, found out illusionary leap and some other illusion ai problems to be quite frustrating but atleast it doesn’t hurt my head!

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Engineer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Read in TF2 Demoman voice:

“You’re so bloody tiny… like a pint-sized version of a MAN!”

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I deleted my asura engineer for this. A few days ago I recreated it because I was testing different classes and to my suprise, I didn’t have it happen. I was playing pvp with Elixir S constantly on my bar. Not even once..

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Engineer

Posted by: word.8371

word.8371

Still confused as to why this is still going on. If there was an option to change my race and keep the work I’ve done I’d take it in a heartbeat. The visual appeal of Asura is not worth the headache that elixir S (our best stun break) brings…

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Bump.

I am also going to write stuff because although Anet will not take the time to give a simple reply about an extremely annoying bug, they will take the time to give me infractions for just bumping the thread without also writing alot of very important words.

I know how important it is to keep the forums clean, I have read through alot of posts and EVERY SINGLE ONE has very informative information that is always stictly about the original topic. So I can see why my post that simply said bump 5x was easy to spot among all the other civilized converstations and topics being discussed across the Forum Boards.

I thank the mods so much for my warning about not adhering to the very strict and obediantly followed forum policy. I hope me bumping a Thread tht has nothing but agreement and support from the forum community did not disrupt or offend anyone too much. I hope I did not distract to much of the valuable moderator time because I was so lazy and only wrote

Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump

I know laziness is not even a word that Anet employees are aware of, I can picture now that dev team of 2, working furiously all hours of the night. Migraines running rampant, the stench of cold coffee and stale bagels in the air, the gloomy blanket of lost hope and frustration slowy decending on them. WHY? Why does the camera glitch out?? It is the question that has almost cost them their sanity and has certainly cost them a good amount of dignity. Sitting on those cold brown sofas underneath those humming flickering bulbs, underwear stained with urine because they just refuse to give up or even budge, they just refuse to be lazy, they refuse to do anything untill they fix this bug that should be so simple.
But if only everyone else could just see, certain big tasks, certain grand plans, certain magnificant feats, well they are anything but simple.

And here I was just writing bump.
I am such an kitten.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Figured out the problem, this thread is in the Eng forum.

What we need is a video of this happening in SPvP combat and then post it as an SPvP (not an Eng bug) bug in the SPvP forum.

On that note, does it happen in SPvP (I don’t SPvP myself – 230 ping is not good for competitiveness)? Or does it only affect WvW and PvE?

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Bump.

I am also going to write stuff because although Anet will not take the time to give a simple reply about an extremely annoying bug, they will take the time to give me infractions for just bumping the thread without also writing alot of very important words.

I know how important it is to keep the forums clean, I have read through alot of posts and EVERY SINGLE ONE has very informative information that is always stictly about the original topic. So I can see why my post that simply said bump 5x was easy to spot among all the other civilized converstations and topics being discussed across the Forum Boards.

I thank the mods so much for my warning about not adhering to the very strict and obediantly followed forum policy. I hope me bumping a Thread tht has nothing but agreement and support from the forum community did not disrupt or offend anyone too much. I hope I did not distract to much of the valuable moderator time because I was so lazy and only wrote

Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump

I know laziness is not even a word that Anet employees are aware of, I can picture now that dev team of 2, working furiously all hours of the night. Migraines running rampant, the stench of cold coffee and stale bagels in the air, the gloomy blanket of lost hope and frustration slowy decending on them. WHY? Why does the camera glitch out?? It is the question that has almost cost them their sanity and has certainly cost them a good amount of dignity. Sitting on those cold brown sofas underneath those humming flickering bulbs, underwear stained with urine because they just refuse to give up or even budge, they just refuse to be lazy, they refuse to do anything untill they fix this bug that should be so simple.
But if only everyone else could just see, certain big tasks, certain grand plans, certain magnificant feats, well they are anything but simple.

And here I was just writing bump.
I am such an kitten.

I never bump myself.
Not as a principle, it just never occurs to me.

in Engineer

Mif.3471

Less than a week to go until the next patch, really hope this is fixed…

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I NEVER have this issue on my Asura engi. Even months ago I’ve never had it. I think it has to due with the height of your character many people make their Asura as small as they can possibly be.. I made mine as tall as an Asura can be, and its actually a decent size taller then the smallest Asura.

The supply crate elite daze bug is seriously kitten me off. Has gotten me killed easily over 5 times and screwed me over even more trying to save teammates. I have now gotten into the habit of pressing the button for big old bomb, supply crate, and bandage heals at least 5 times in a row before moving on.

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

I really hope this gets fixed so we can move on to complaining about other things.

Like why is it that Thieves can do dmg after stealthing without breaking it but if I fire a shot and while its in the air I get immobilized so Cloaking Device kicks in, it will be immediatly removed when the shot hits its target.

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Wonder if the bug will be addressed along with the nerf to the skill.

It was nice to be able to go invulnerable and maybe heal or get a “free” attack off but since there aren’t ANY other professions that can do things while they are immune to damage I can see why we need the change.

in Engineer

Mif.3471

It was nice to be able to go invulnerable and maybe heal or get a “free” attack off but since there aren’t ANY other professions that can do things while they are immune to damage I can see why we need the change.

I don’t agree. GW2 is meant to have unique class mechanics. This is just homogenization.
Should they nerf Mesmers because no other class can portal?

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

^Yes.
Mesmer portals were nerfed.
And yes again, why should certain professions have skills that make them such a higher priority than other professions.

The fact that we shrink down to tiny size is whats unique about Elixir S.
Since we lose all of our weapon skills it is different than say “Endure Pain”
They are also removing utilities from “Mist Form” it seems, so Anet is actually the one homogenizing skills together.

Being able to shrink down and heal or switch to a kit while you are an invincible midget it what made the skill so unique in the first place.
(imo)

Removing the use of utility skills just turns Elixir S into the Ele’s downed Vapor Form.
Meaning everyone will just stop attacking and count to 3 before burning you down again as you wait for your skills to pop back up. Its not like Elixir S makes you run faster or go so tiny you drop target, it just displays to everyone that you just used your Stun Breaker. (with the camera bug it actually seems to make me run slower)

To the enemy using Elixir S will be like playing that little mini-game at the start of Mario Kart races.
Red-Red-GREEN – hit the gas for a boost

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

NOW they fix it!

Just unbelievable, bloody unbelievable…

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

It’s fixed finally?

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

It’s fixed finally?

yep, on the patch they ruined half it’s usefullness…

in Engineer

Posted by: leovuo.5046

leovuo.5046

Glad it is fixed.

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Great thx for the fix.
Now that it is ruined I will prolly just use Elixir R now.

Thanks Anet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Apollo.7583

Apollo.7583

Eles could before nerf. Mesmers have distortion. Guardians can pop virtues with their invunl. Warriors can use all skills with endure pain. Rangers have protect with pets (though that hurts the pet so not really a complete immune). So any is a little off.

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Eles could before nerf. Mesmers have distortion. Guardians can pop virtues with their invunl. Warriors can use all skills with endure pain. Rangers have protect with pets (though that hurts the pet so not really a complete immune). So any is a little off.

I was being snarky and sarcastic.
If any professions needed to be able to use skills while invulnerable it was Engineers, but it was removed to make us even with Ele’s on paper.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Thanks for the fix. Not sure how much I’ll be using Elixir S any more. But the fix is much appreciated.

in Engineer

Mif.3471

I was being snarky and sarcastic.
If any professions needed to be able to use skills while invulnerable it was Engineers, but it was removed to make us even with Ele’s on paper.

Expect pre-nerf Engineers are closer to post-nerf Ele’s.
But they nerfed us anyway.

in Engineer

Mif.3471

Remember when in the SotG they said they wanted more build diversity for Engineers?

Well thanks to my half bunker spec being destroyed by the Elixir S nerf, I’ve retraited to cookie cutter HGH. Yay for one viable build!

(edited by Mif.3471)