Beta Weekend Scrapper Feedback Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Next

Hey all.

Now that the Beta Weekend is upon us and you’re able to try out the Scrapper, please post your constructive feedback here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The function gyro has a slower stomp that’s 4-5 seconds long. Was this intended or is it a bug?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Hammer feels incredible, it changes the pace of Engineer a lot and makes it feel more like a high risk/high reward bruiser.

This might have something to do with server lag, but i feel like swapping between kits feels very awkward when weeving it in with hammer skills. Something I could stand to get used to, but it feels like it kills a few possible combos and breaks the fluent feel of being hammer-only.

Gyros, they just need work. AI aside, Shredder is very underwhelming and I’d like to see this skill have more functionality than simply a whirl finisher.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

(edited by Rhomulos.2089)

in Engineer

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

-113% condi dmg to imob chill and cripple nice -20 fromhoelbrak -40 from food -33% from mehca l;egs and -20 from adaptive armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

-113% condi dmg to imob chill and cripple nice -20 fromhoelbrak -40 from food -33% from mehca l;egs and -20 from adaptive armor

Unless it’s bugged and affecting duration instead of damage, Adaptive Armor should not be contributing to condition duration reduction.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

From a first little test: As expected the gyro can’t follow the engi which is under speed or super speed → big drawback in PvP.
Moreover the gyros seem to have difficulties to know where to go (zig zag) when the engi starts to be a bit far (around 600 m).
Consequently for sure it will be useless in WvW. And for sPvP it will depend.

The hammer seems quite nice, wait to test a bit more as well as the traits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

Please don’t make us whine for 3 more years about legendary effects, like we had to do about hobosacks. I have crafted juggernaut and on hammer: only auto attack does spitting quicksilver thingy… when u expect that jumping with quicksilver weapon aka hammer 3 would spit it all over the place. Also since we are in the change Era, we need legendary auras on kits too.

Also hammer 4 puts the edge of the hammer inside of your body and threw your back on some weapon models including legendary(juggernaut). Tested on Norn char.

Ok so enough about animations and lets talk about mechanics…

Gyro’s doesnt keep up with u, and basicly u cant get their effect while running which is what u are supposed to do in action based game and if u have swithness it make matters even worse. Its like never ending race: you move, you stop drone catches up times infinity. Maybe its a design but i dont know how useful is an elite – a stealthy turtle when u can only move few meters inorder to reapply stealth in any WvW scenario you would just get sieged to hell.

Also hammer 3 first jump doesnt really work well with autotarget and if u dont face the mob it doesnt hit it but just jump in the way your character is looking.

(edited by Adrift.8596)

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

From a first little test: As expected the gyro can’t follow the engi which is under speed or super speed -> big drawback in PvP.
Moreover the gyros seem to have difficulties to know where to go (zig zag) when the engi starts to be a bit far (around 600 m).
Consequently for sure it will be useless in WvW. And for sPvP it will depend.

The hammer seems quite nice, wait to test a bit more as well as the traits.

Yeah this is a bit of a problem, but not a BIG problem.

I am finding that I only pre-summon them immediately before a fight. They have a very short lifespan so it makes little sense to run around with them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Having trouble triple-hitting people with Rocket Charge. Pretty much have to preface it with Freeze Grenade or Endothermic Shell.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

so yea.. small feedback so far:

Hammer: Awesome.. just awesome. I sorta feel it needs a blast finisher though.. but that could be just me.

Gyros: They cant keep up with a scrapper in any case… cept you walk.

Also the double sneak gyro theory doesnt work.. they dont stealth eachother.. just throwing that in

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

NetTurret does not trigger Expert Examination.

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Hammer: Combo field spam happy!

Gyros: They feel like they’re not meant to live for long. that is even more supported by the fact when you self-destruct them they can already Daze anyone they hit. The Trait in the Scrapper tree just adds a Lightning field to the mizx which is good since the moment you summon a gyro you can blow them back up to daze any enemy near you.

I mostly keep gyro for their toolbet skills because their toolbelt skills are just murder in PvE.

in Engineer

Posted by: ThrynDrakarian.3179

ThrynDrakarian.3179

Bit of a weird one I guess, quick 15 minute meddle in PvE (I have work in 10 mins).

1. That stealth Gyro – 40 out of every 60s in group stealth in PvE, given nothing seems to target the drone. Although if you’re in combat and use it, the drone itself attacks things – working as intended, or unexpected side effect? Also needs the toolbelt pulse either getting a higher CD or smaller range. Maybe both, given the reveal being 6 seconds long.

2. Gyros in general. I was honestly hoping for something like the Revenant energy bar but as a ‘fuel’ that either didn’t regen or did so very very slowly when they were out, but let you have multiples out at once. Would have made the Profession more ‘active’, similar to Thief and Revenant, rather than same old CD watching.

3. Hammer seems fine, if a complete no brainer choice given it massively outclasses the other engineer weapons. Honestly I’d almost consider the line just for that, given the synergy the traits seems to offer a flamethrower engineer and completely ignore all the gyros

(edited by ThrynDrakarian.3179)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

Gyros are spending more time running around rocks then actually attacking targets.

Function Gyro is slow, it has absolutely NO HEALTH (Its function as a rez is utterly worthless in PvP, it would die instantly to even simply a few auto attacks, I had far better results just using S and doing it myself, even in the case of a stomp, a player could attack it from downed state and nearly murder it, especially considering how LONG it takes for it to stomp (4-5s rather than 2). A ranger with his pet could destroy it even faster.

To put the cherry on top, it occasionally bugged out and just ran past its target, then turning around, and running back to stomp for the long duration.

The hammer also has problems. Like the block only blocking attacks directly in front of you, unlike gear shield. Or how the daze not stopping the enemies meant they could just move a little in a direction and dodge the leap. Or how the leap bugs out and sends you flying in the wrong direction. It also feels far too slow, the auto attacks are the clunkiest attacks i’ve ever seen, and they deal ever so slightly more damage than a hip shot for how unbelievably slow they are. The 5 skill, however, is very nice. The lightning field is useless, but the stun and damage is decent enough. (There is a VERY noticeable aftercast on every single attack in the AA chain, it must be like .2 or so seconds because my god does it kitten me off)

Why doesn’t the leap just go forward? Whats with this utterly annoying zig-zag pattern? Are you serious?

Furthermore, the only use I got out of ANY gyro was the Shredder on a burning field. The bulwark instantly died, as expected, even in PvE, let alone PvP. They didn’t even have to try, cleaving alone spelled its death.

Stealth Gyro would randomly stealth and unstealth me for no reason, like it just wasn’t targeting me.

Blast Gyro was ESPECIALLY weird. It either instantly blows up on a target that isn’t the marked one, or it decides to wait for a few seconds at its target before blowing up. It also deals no damage, I might as well slot throw mine.

Also there are WAY too few stuns available to the Engineer for Impact Savant and the benefits are too low. Most of our CC is knockbacks unless we take Final Salvo, which is a HORRENDOUSLY undertuned skill. Supply Crate is the best contender with Impact Savant, gaining a whopping .5s in its stun.

Rapid Regeneration doesn’t scale with healing power.

I’m already incredibly disappointed. All the builds i’ve come up with for Scrapper use either one or no gyros, and the hammer feels slower and clunkier than the Reaper GS.

I’ve been playing with it for 45 minutes and already I am bored with this spec.

(edited by Ricky Rouse.1583)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Rapid Regeneration does not scale with Healing Power?

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

The hammer also has problems. Like the block only blocking attacks directly in front of you, unlike gear shield.

It was explained in the demenstration of Scrapper skills.

4th Hammer skill only block front attacks is mostly due to the skill being a offensive/defensive ability compared to the Shield which is more defensive. It not only blocks attacks in front but any enemy near you in the front will take damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

Hi Irenio.

I absolutely love the Scrapper. Rocket leap misses targets on the second leap though. The rest of hammer is very well done!

The gyros need work, they are not very useful in WvW as I can’t get them to follow me well or anything. It makes it hard so I’m just not using them as a result.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

(edited by bluesnacks.2301)

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

The hammer also has problems. Like the block only blocking attacks directly in front of you, unlike gear shield.

It was explained in the demenstration of Scrapper skills.

4th Hammer skill only block front attacks is mostly due to the skill being a offensive/defensive ability compared to the Shield which is more defensive. It not only blocks attacks in front but any enemy near you in the front will take damage.

Have you actually used it? It’s incredibly ineffective. You have to stick on top of the enemy, and its a channel so its not like you can CC them before hand.

If they strafe, dead skill.

If they move a little to the side of you and keep rotating, dead skill.

If they just back up, dead skill.

It has a range of 170 for gods sake. This isn’t some #2 skill that has a 5-10s cooldown either, its a TWENTY SECOND COOLDOWN

Also I don’t know if this is intentional or the tooltip just isn’t updating, but impact savant doesn’t actually affect gyro detonations

Edit: Just checked it on golems, gyro detonation is not in any way shape or form being affected by impact savant.

(edited by Ricky Rouse.1583)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

Gyros: Have them locked to the player character to more effectively apply their benefits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I knew this will happen HAHAHA. (Insert neurotic laughing and the sound of a head banging a wall).

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Plus.7209

Plus.7209

Not sure if this is intended or not, but when using the Sneak Gyro, it lags behind you by quite a bit. In order to remain stealthed, you have to repeatedly stop moving and wait for the Gyro to catch up.

A small QoL change would to make the gyro hug your character more closely. Since gyros seem to work like any other follower, that might be annoying to implement, however.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

First impressions of the hammer in a 1v1 / roaming situation= very difficult to get to work

Trying out the hammer in duels with different builds to see what the hammer can accomplish to a signle target. The idea wasnt to see how well it preformes in a 1v1, but rather how well it handles being pressured and pressure.

It’s increadibly hard to stick to the target due to the extreme lack of soft/hard cc in most engineer skills. The damage does NOT weigh up for this, instead the low dmg output makes it even worse to pressure… forcing us into using kits… again…

The zig zagging on the leap is increadibly annoying. Makeing me fly all over the place missing everything I do, and miss placing me every time.

I’ve got alot more testijng to do, especially in wvw and larger fights.

So far, not so good

in Engineer

Are.1326

Detection Pulse does not reveal NPCs in veredant brink

in Engineer

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Gyros AI is terrible, it is fleeing from me when cast.
Response times are slow.
The healing Gyro is a 44 second cooldown for like 10k hp if you wear full celestials, AND stand in the circle the entire time. I get the more HP from healing turret in 30 seconds, and it cleanses, and doesnt require me to stay in a small field.
Gyros dont have enough hit points, they die way too fast.
Their priorities are all wonky.
They move too slow to keep us in the stealth field, and take 30 seconds to get a SR worth.

They need more HP, faster movement speed, more toughness, lower cooldowns, larger radius on HealGyros passive heal, Fix their priorities so they dont run away from me.

Overall; hammer is amazing. Gyros are 100% useless, much like turrets are, but worse.

(edited by Malpractice.7850)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mangoes.5163

Mangoes.5163

1) The function gyro stomp has too little health and a really slow stomp. The combination of these two factors means a downed target can pretty much autoattack the gyro to blow it up if they are using the right amulet.

2) Gyros desperately need a lot more HP in general.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

Hammer is great fun. Gyros are completely useless compared to other choices.

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

in Engineer

Posted by: SilvasRuin.5713

SilvasRuin.5713

I still think Medic Gyro’s mechanics are contradictory and that the cooldown shouldn’t depend on the gyro’s lifespan, but the healing over time is nicer than I was expecting and the gyro itself appears to be instant. I want to like it, but the cooldown is a big sticking point for me. I’d rather not be incentivized to blow it up or “punished” for keeping it alive. I realize that’s not how you look at it, but that’s kind of how it feels. That initial heal spike is more important than the heal over time in most situations, especially in parties with Druids, Guardians, or Centaur Stance Revenants, which is why there’s still that strong urge to explode it and shorten the cooldown even if people still need a bit of healing.

The Sneak Gyro is even more useless than I expected. We start out with Runes of the Traveler which the gyro cannot keep up with at all. The sad part is everything I could say about the Sneak gyro has been said already. It’s a little bit more terrible than I imagined. This skill can work. It’s got great potential, and it’s neat on paper, but two or three things NEED to happen to it.
It absolutely needs to follow the Engineer very tightly. It is too unreliable if it can’t stay glued to the Engineer. The surest thing to kill this skill will be unreliability. Of course, once it stays glued to the Engineer, we will have another problem where it’s too good at giving away the Engineer’s position to enemy players and is too likely to get the Engineer and/or allies hit in PvE. But that is the lesser of two evils here.
I’m not sure I can offer many solutions for the competitive game types, but this thing needs to be untargettable in PvE, or it needs an enormous effect range and stay at a very specific distance. It’s just too much of a liability right now even if the Engineer and friends do somehow manage to stay within the area of effect.
You made the recommendation on the reveal livestream to use it before a run similarly to how a Thief would use Shadow Refuge, but Shadow Refuge only takes 5 seconds. I think the golden ratio for standing under this thing is at 12 seconds. Players aren’t going to want to stand still for 12 seconds, or more, to charge up stealth. I would much rather use the typical Bomb Kit strategy for stealth. Smoke Bomb has a shorter cooldown and allies can help apply its stealth. If you want players to use this to charge up before a run, it needs to charge up its stealth faster so that we aren’t “waiting to have fun” for quite so long.

I love the Air Blast buff. I was a little sad at the Expert Examination nerf, but fair enough. It can still be strong. I don’t think the animation for Shock Shield quite syncs up with the blocking effect. Reconstruction Field and Defense Field spoiled me and now I want Chemical Field to follow me around too. Speaking of fields, is there ANY possibility of having combos prioritize fields you place even over fields that have been placed longer? That would help far more than just Scrappers, but it’s especially important for us. It’s too easy for allies to screw up our Rocket Charge combos in party situations, especially with fire fields being so popular for in-combat Might stacking.
The boons from Mass Momentum and Perfectly Weighted are too short for Perfectly Weighted to have any significant benefit, which leaves the trait in an extremely tiny albeit fun niche of augmenting Juggernaut. Don’t get me wrong, I really like having a Juggernaut tank build, but it feels a little too niche. A couple possibilities are increasing the Might duration and lengthening the interval for application to compensate or giving only one stability stack but reducing the cooldown so that the Stability can overlap if it doesn’t get pealed off.

Edit: It does feel like the autoattack chain has some awkward and obnoxious aftercasts, and I have to agree with others that the directional block and rooting of Shock Shield make it feel like it performs very poorly for a 20 second cooldown. How about having it not root us so we can chase a target and/or turn to face attacks?
I also think Impact Savant benefits the Scrapper too rarely. Dazes are kind of common, but Stuns are really rare, especially coming from the Scrapper itself. I can only think of four Stuns throughout the entirety of Engineer, and I don’t think +25% and -25% duration is too much for both effects seeing as how neither are ever very long. Players should be plenty capable of countering at least the second half of the Thunderclap and Rocket Charge combo once they see how it works, even if the Daze duration is made to benefit from Impact Savant.

Edit 2: Just noticed the Air Blast “buff” is only on the tooltip and its behavior hasn’t actually been improved at all. I’m hoping this tooltip shows an intended future change as that would be rather nice.
The more I use Rocket Charge, the more obnoxious its large cast time feels. In that cast time, a lot of things about the combat situation can change. Shorter duration fields, such as ones from Mortar Kit, might fade before the third leap can trigger. This skill seems intimidating, but the fact that it occurs in three parts means players can react more easily to the second and third leaps. I don’t think the cast time needs to be as long as it is. So very sorry. Turns out I was experiencing skill lag due to player density. It felt fine once the crowd went elsewhere/dispersed.

(edited by SilvasRuin.5713)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

1 – The gyro have too little HP
2 – The AI is awful going to allies and not sticking to the engi (Seriously??)
3 – CD of gyro too long for what it brings
4 – The 3rd of the hammer is too long to execute
5 – The 4th of the Hammer is useless as long as we are not in front of the foe, and stuck on him with a 20 sec CD (Seriously???) -> increase range to 900m.

The sixth and most important point: I don’t see the purpose of the scrapper, if I don’t play gyro, I mostly do not access to daze or lockdown features, the traits bring power, stability and a very short super speed. I have nothing to daze, to lockdown a guy. The only thing I can do for this is the 5th of the hammer followed by the 3rd. A clunky combo.

This spec brings a lot of difficulties for very low reward from what I saw, and as said before I do not currently see an interesting diversity in build selection using this spec

I feel this spec has been designed on paper, with a roleplay point of view, and never been tested.

-> I far prefer to use the engi rather than the scrapper.

(edited by Nieguen.6235)

in Engineer

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

A few issues:

• I’ve not even managed to get the gyro stomp to work once. Every time I deploy it, it just drifts away from the target and looks confused.
  • It just doesn’t res at all either. I’ve tried it off CD on dead allies in range, and there’s no prompt to deploy it. Does this only work on downed allies?
  • Healing turret interrupts hammer skills. This is really annoying for the orbital strike → hammer 5 → HT blast swiftness combo – get the timing off and your HT interrupts the hammer.
  • There’s quite a heavy aftercast on rocket charge that makes it rather unwieldy.

in Engineer

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Ok first test I’d say hammer skills need a little tweek skill 3 is a bit clunky and misses some of the time. The animation on it is also a bit off. The damage on auto attack is to low for the speed of the attacks.

Gyros as others have said to slow, don’t get to where they are going seem to get confused and then blow up. This goes for the blast gyro aswell. Target walks towards it and passes it gyro freezes and then explodes with out doing much to help. shreder is just not worth using it sits and spins and even in a field it dosn’t help to have it spraying bolts that don’t hit anything. Purge just takes to long to get rid of anything, Stealth can’t really stack stealth and it dosn’t follow you quick enough to do anything. medic gyro once again dosn’t stay with you as you move and if it did it would be destroyed. So gyros ==failed. Needs a complete overwork if you ask me. Tool belt skills from them great. Love the tool belt skills for the gyro’s just not the gyro’s themselves.

Function gyro once again as mentioned before the beta weekend began. Not of use to me. And I still feel it isn’t worthy of an elite core mechanic. I would urge that you read the post asking for a better mechanic.

All in all I thought the scrapper was not nearly complete. I feel very let down at the moment. I had much more fun playing the druid it seemed to be polished a bit more and was very fun to play. But I’d prefer to have the scrapper completed. I play engineer mainly So would like to have something that is fun and useful. I couldn’t even tell what type of role I was going to be. Not a bruiser with those gyros and class mechanic. Please consider reading the mechanic posts in the thread I started and there are a few other threads that talked about it. I’m not sure I can offer how to fix the gyros at this point. I mean they are ai based and damage able. Maybe you should make them untargetable and work like some of the signets that are out there adding them as attached to the avatar.

in Engineer

Are.1326

Hammer AA is a bit on the slow side, tool kit already fills this role. #2 and #4 feels like the activate a bit slot (unresponsive), might just be the lag. Wosh #3 was a skill cycle so we don’t jump off ledges all the time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

my feedback so far

- gyros are too slow, if you walk outfight you are permanently outside of their buffs
- radius of toolbelts of purge and medic gyro are wrong, toolbelt sais both 300 but purge toolbelt is bigger than medic toolbelt
- function gyro doesn’t have an own skin, bulwark got recycled
- reconstruction field moves with the scrapper (intended?)
- rocket charge move is too random
- still no stun break on gyros
- no double protection when double using medic gyro
- medic gyro tooltip shows no interval for healing
- shredder gyro has not enough projectiles
- bulwark gyro gives buff too late after deploying
- final salvo no cd reduction as said in blogpost and no stun for destroyed gyros → grandmaster minor trait useless

Hammer itself is great so far

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

ROFL

Alright, just figured it out.

You know how Impact Savant says “Outgoing/Incoming Stuns” and everyone thought “Stuns” encompassed Dazes as well?

It doesn’t.

Slot Battering Ram. Look at the toolbelt. Unaffected by Impact Savant.

It literally only affects stuns.

Engineer has 2 stuns. Supply Crate and Hammer 5.

This GM minor affects two skills total.

What. A. Joke.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I’ve also done alittle testing although I’ve had to stop as I’m about to head to work in 10min, anyway I was hoping that the hammer skill #3 was something you had to manuely press 3 times so that way you could either do the whole chain quickly or delay the whole/last/any one of them if you needed to counter an enemy string.

Gypros so far so good. BUG: If you cast the sneak gyro then swap elites it blows up although you can still hear it and it gives stealth.

Sarah

in Engineer

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Hammer 2: Electro Whirl has only 1 whirl finnisher, wasn’t it suppose to be 2?
Hammer 3: Makes you jump off edges. The animation is very Unsmooth. The skill icon doesn’t really match the other ones, you have 4 brown themed icons and 1 yellow. The picture makes no sence.

Healing Gyro doesn’t heal enough
Sneak Gyro moves too slow
All of them has too short duration.

Love the concept though. +100.

(edited by Shinya.2598)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jareth.8601

Jareth.8601

Why a flying gyro, like the blast gyro, can’t fly and it only can track the enemies, doing the longest way to catch them and it explode before to do it?

Gyros are the worst utility skill you’re making for this game.

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

I think gyros look like mobile turrets . Gyros have utilities in thier toolbelt skills and detonations in utility bar. Turrets have utilities in utility bar (as intended) and detonations in toolbelt (with blast finishers) . I really couldn’t see a good usage for gyros .

Differences between turrets and gyros :
— Gyros dissapear after 15-30 sec. unlike turrets.
— Gyros can move. (I said they can move , they don’t follow you as intended)
That is all .
I really would like to see a second utility option for gyros like daredevil’s combo chain skills. Or ;
— At least , they could be indestructible against attacks (Life times as you know) or
— They could have lower cd s and OR again
— Self-destructs could be more useful than 1 sec daze and a minor damage . " All self-destructs could be unique per gyro with dazes. "

I really disappointed about gyros :/ We need more usefulness for them.

But hey! We got a perfect weapon . That is so cool but it works clunky because of long cd’s and some bugs about 3. and 4. skills. I hope they ll be fixed soon

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in Engineer

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

The hammer is awesome, all the skills are useful.
The drones are okay overall and with lightning fields the spinning drones does some decent AOE damage.
Though the i have been playing for 1 hour PVE and still hadn’t been able to use the function gyro as it seems like it doesn’t work on npcs nor allies that are completely dead. The function gyro is overall very disappointing, i really hope you will consider redesigning it. If you compare this to the new features of other classes they all seem to get a cool skill or grant access to new abilities, where engineer gets a drone that seems only to have a purpose in pvp.
If you ask me the function drone is not good enough and it needs a redesign. There are so many cool alternatives for its function, no pun intended.
So scrap the finish/revive thing and make it a healthless circling pet that provide assistance, it could be incorporated in the specialization like the daredevil dodge roll and you could choose what function you want your drone to do, e.g. damage, boons, or AOE healing around you. You’ve focused too much on the druid and it seems like you rushed the Scrapper in the process

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Positive stuff

• Great synergy with traits and skills
  • Nice party support via superspeed, it really is useful in WvW
  • Jack-of-all-trades theme is still there
  • Hammer is an awesome utility weapon
  • The lockdown is real
  • Gyros are useful (sort of)

Negative stuff

• The synergy isn’t extended to core-specializations. An example is streamlined kits: when you have toolkit and nadekit you most of the time WANT the toolkit on-switch effect, to get superspeed, but some times you just get the other one messing the combo up.
  • Superspeed should stack at higher values (like stealth’s cap). As it is now, the grandmaster only stack 5 effective seconds of superspeed, even if you leap through the light field, which is saddening.
  • Jack-of-all-trades theme is also limiting us: everything scrapper can do another class can do better (example: bulwark toolbelt skill is overshadowed by revenant’s hammer/ Guardian’s wall of reflection; Stealth Gyro is a bad copy of SR).
  • Hammer. OH THE HAMMER. It looks so cool. It is cool. But the damage output is low. Like, very low. With marauder amulet I crit for 1900 on light golems. It’s very low, it should be 20% higher. Not only that, other skills also have very low damage output (I critted 1k-1k-1k with #3 on celestial necro with no protection up).
    The leap feels very clunky, I think it’d be better if it’d just make you leap straight, since as it is now it’s hardly useable as gap closer/opener.
  • Gyros really need better AI. If I run straight forward with sfiwtness out of combat or superspeed in combat the stealth gyro can’t get me stealth. It’s a major problem. It should have a considerably better tracking system and better mobility. Also, it’s saddening that gyros in general are taken more for their toolbelt skills (awesomely designed btw, except the bulwark one which is bugged and only gives 3s of reflection instead of 5) than their active effect.

Overall I tried Scrapper in WvW and PvP. In both occasion the low damage output has been a major letdown. On the other hand the superspeed application and the team utility was great to say the least.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

So… lets get this out.

Had now 2 hours of time to test the spec. Long enough to give some feedback. Ill keep testing tomorrow.. for today im too salty and angry to keep going

The gyros are WAY too slow. They cant keep up with the scrapper whatsoever…so basically the thing that should aid the scrapper in melee cant keep up with the scrapper going into the range to do said melee. Bulwark seems to LOVE to run from the scrapper as far as possible and medic and purge often take breaks to ponder about their life decisions… i do belive purge even thought for a moment to build a hobby basement and get a midlife crisis…dont quote me on that though. Blast is afraid of blasting and likes to take its sweet time to nuke itself. Also such high cooldowns for these squishy things? Really? Why? I should get 2 of them with each cooldown to pay off. And stealth doesnt stealth another stealth…would be too nice to have that…

The mechanic is frankly useless…sorry to say. Not even in a 1vs1 the function gyro can kill a downed player effective…and i did a test with a buddy who let himself get downed on purpose to get stomped by the gyro while trying to fight back. The gyro managed to do it 1 out of 10 attempts…the other 9 it got destroyed or didnt do anything. So basically the very situation based mechanic doesnt even do its job proper in said situations…quite salty about that mess… in fact a bit hurt actually.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Sneak gyro seems kind of slow and is usually left behind.
Either increase it’s radius or make it stick better with it’s master.

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Some juicy feedback from Miltek:
Hammer:
+ Decent Damage
+ Good defensive tool: Reflect, Block
+ Good combo abilitites
- Garbage auto-attack animation (0 special effects)
- Tracking on Rocket Charge is bad, you miss 50% of your attacks

Class mechanics – Function Gyro
+ Revives allies pretty good
- Super slow stomp (useless in it’s current form)
- Super low amount of health
- Doesn’t feel game changing like other specializations (actually it feels like trait)
- Doesn’t work ad range (as it was intended to work)
- Super situational class mechanics
- Function Gyro icon is kinda hard to see in boons/effects line, especially when you have some traits activated at the moment (requaires special UI above toolbelt – like Glint’s unkeep)
REWORK REQUAIRED (please some other mechanics here)

Gyros – utility skills
- Can’t keep up with player. When player has super-speed, or uses leaps they just stay away from player – clear bad design
- Their AI is kittened. They don’t even try to keep up with player, they run away from player, or stuck on rocks and pillars.
- Their health pool is super low. They die instantly in combat.
- Cooldown is to long. It should start going down after summoning gyro.
- Blast Gyro feels like gadget, I would see here something more sustained. Maybe like Shrerer gyro, but with blast finishers ?
- Overall, I can’t see “Why would I take Gyro instead of another kit or elixir ?”

Traits:
+ Overall traits are good with some exepctions
- Final Salvo. This trait doesn’t feel like grandmaster trait at all, I would love to see it moved to adept or master. Some CD reduction would be nice here too…
- Function Gyro – wrote everything bad about this trait above
- Descisive Renown. Way to sutiational in my taste to be master minror trait. I would love to see on Daze effect here instead (with 10 sec CD).
- Impact Savant – It should increase daze duration also. (most of Scapper CC are dazes, not stuns!)
- Recovery Matrix – works double on healing turret – unintended. Should have internal CD – 15 seconds, and work on allies.

Trust me. I’m engineer

(edited by Miltek.2104)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I must say I am really disappointed. When I compare it to druid.. you simply feel where Irenios love is sorry to say.

Hammer:
Autoattack is still weak and might is least thing engi need. It dont benefit from any other lines and it need something more not just damage. Also very short range this is weak skill on class with medium armor consider that.
- Electrowhirl – damage can be bit higher, range is too small also
- Rocket Charge – I was very excited for this skill and now its just.. facepalm. Its super clunky and you simply dont have any control. You cant use it movement skill or ether gap closer because 70% time it does something totaly different then you want. This skill need total rework its simply cant stand in this rubish state.
- Shock Shiled – Not bad just again small range.
- Thunderclap – This skill isnt bad just need much shorter cd. 15s tops.

Gyros:
Lets face it. Our utility usefullness was totaly sacrificed to coolness of flying gyros. They are clunky, AI is super bad and they are weak. Only sneak gyro is almost usefull.
Gyros need serious work and rework. Scrap them and make something usefull will be best but thats not gonna happend so..
- Follow AI need to be highly improoved. They must follow like trained dog not like band of preschool childrens.
- Gyro HP is just joke especialy cumulative with their AI
- Shredder gyro needs definetly more damage and higher radious 240 at least

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Could we get a small delay before gyros becomes self destructible. I’m finding that they are exploding as I pull them out. Before someone calls me out for spamming skills, that’s not whats happening here. I use the side buttons on my naga hex for utility/elite skills even if I’m super careful activating them they explode most of the time. I don’t have this issue with overcharging turrets. Also loving the hammer!!

in Engineer

Posted by: RazFxx.6451

RazFxx.6451

Hammer:
Mostly it’s good. didn’t blow me away, but it’s good. Rocket Charge I belive has some problems – many time it just sends me flying away. it’s also a little funky when trying to combine with Napalm – I can’t get it to work most of the time.

Gyros+Utils:
Sneak – for the love of god, I could not get this little bugger to follow me. I was running with mecha legs and I just kept out-running it consistently. it should be fixed over my head (so I’m a walking shadow refuge)

Bulwark – At its current status, it should be renamed paper gyro. it does not have enough HP. it keeps consistently dying really really fast in PvE, let alone PvP. would be happy with at least x2.5 HP on it.

Shredder – I feel like it’s not whirrling fast enough. needs a couple more bolts per whirl.

Medic – this gyro is probably the stupidest of them all (AI wise) – in a fight, it just walks away from me and heals other people. I don’t want to heal other people. I’m selfish like that.

in Engineer

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

after testing some more, the hammer needs a bit of a buff. The 5 skill should have a slightly smaller cooldown, and the auto damage needs to be brought up a little.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Ok, here’s a list of things that I would like to see tweaked/fixed based on my experience so far:

Hammer

-#3 skill is very buggy. The first leap will launch me away from the target sometimes. Other times all 3 leaps miss the target entirely.

-#5 cooldown seems pretty long for such a short duration stun. Reduced cooldown or increased stun duration would be nice.

-Autoattack damage seems pretty low. Maybe give it a small 10% buff and see how it does.

Gyros

-All of them need their movement speed increased significantly. Right now they lag behind you a good bit if you have any speed buffs on.

-Medic gyro…I don’t even know where to start with this. The toolbelt skill is absolutely fantastic. I feel like the skill itself needs to have a condi cleanse or increased healing though.

-Blast gyro seems to get lost half the time after throwing the tracker dart at a target.

-Function gyro needs to be sped up a bit.

Traits

-In addition to granting stability to you and your function gyro, maybe have stabilization core also reduce the cooldown of gyros.

-Expert examination does not proc with net turret’s overcharge.

-Impact savant is pretty lackluster, even for a minor trait. Consider increasing atleast the outgoing stun durations, and leave the incoming stun durations the same. Also please add daze durations as well, both incoming and outgoing.

That’s all I can think of right now. Might come back to add more.

(edited by Kande.1930)

in Engineer

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Maybe it’s just me but the hammer AA feels awfully slow.
It’s strange, considering I didn’t have problems with necro’s GS.
It just feels like there’s more delay between attacks than there should be.

I couldn’t make any use of the gyros, they’d always die before they could use their ability.
Ironically enough the only one that worked was the one that is supposed to die – blast gyro.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

• Hammer auto is weak. Grenades are still the to go DPS. Wouldn’t mind the might being removed for a faster attack time or damage.
  • Hammer #3 leap is very clunky, 2nd hit always misses.
  • Hammer #2, #4 and #5 are great.
  • Traits are ok. 10% hammer damage from GM needs to be baseline, add something else like granting brief super speed as well on dodge.
  • Super speed is still capped, this makes any focus on it pretty bad. Also still has few applications.
  • Gyros are just trash. People have already go into them in depth so I’ll just say: make them invulnerable to damage, make them constantly hug the player and use a proper fuel system as their resource.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

So far I’ve tried out the scrapper in our WvW guild raid.
The traits come with beautiful synergy to the rest of our builds, and I was trying out 2 very different builds so far. One was a HgH might stacker with mass-momentum, juggernaut & adaptive armor. I was mostly running elixirs & flamethrower for this.

The other was a superspeed spamming cc-powerhouse, with shocking speed, rapid regeneration & perfectly weighted. Since it was a frontline build, I combined it with inventions & alchemy, for max tankyness. Utilities were rocketboots, slickshoes & the wwhirling gyro (for the toolbelt).

Both builds were running full knight gear & hoelbrak runes.

My expirience from the scrapper so far:

Weapon:
- the Hammer AA is clunky to cast, basically there is a way too long aftercast after each step in the chain, resulting in it becoming way slower than expected from the tooltipp. either shorten the aftercast or hasten the animation.
- The hammer AA is hitting for mediocre amounts. On the mightstacking build I was capping power at 3.3k at times, and still just got hits in the 1.7k – 2.1k range. The power-scaling seems lower than rifle, which is odd for a weapon that trades the safety of ranged combat for supposedly higher dmg.
- Hammer #2 is totally fine, nothing to say about it. It was critting for roughly 4.3k on my builds, and given the low cd, it can stay as is.
- Hammer #3 is not able to catch up with people that run away while having swiftness. Fault seems to be the little brakes we do between the leaps, and the big break at the end. please allow us to move immediately after executing the 3rd leap & shorten the brakes between them.
- Hammer #4 & #5 are totally fine.

utilities + class-mechanic:
- with the exception of the sneak gyro, all gyros have way too low uptime. Please allow them to start their cd immediately after summoning them & increase the sneak-gyros cd to 60sec.
- all gyros A.I. feels extremely… welp, dumb. it does not catch up properly, is moving way too slow, and shoots off into random directions as soon as you strafe a bit to the left or right. Especially the sneak-gyros A.I. infuriates me, since I’m required to stay close to it, so I correct my movement a bit, causing it to run off into unwanted directions, resulting in me loosing stealth regardless. What purpose does a utility have, that I have to fight, additionally to my enemy? I don’t even know how to fix it, I just want it to follow my movement strictly & instantaneous.
- The functioning gyro is a very bad class-mechanic since it takes longer to stomp than me, so now I have to double-press F to stomp an enemy whenever this catpoo is ready for occupying one of the most important mechanics in the game… poorly. Please deactivate the function-gyro entirely to the release of hot & deliver us a decent, well-designed class-mechanic that is not worsening /blocking our current capabilities.
And if you refuse to give up the functioning gyro all together, please only let it spawn on downed allies & do so automatically without clogging up the F-key.

Traits:
- nothing much to say here. So far I like all of them. Adaptive armor seems bugged, as it reduces not only condo dmg but also duration. Appart from that, 5-star design.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.