Reposting a suggestion I had in hopes of Devs seeing it better:
Give Gyros unique effects on destruction so destroying them is fun:

• Medic Gyro gives AoE Vigor to nearby allies
  • Sneak Gyro Blinds nearby enemies to nearby allies
  • Purge Gryo gives AoE Resistance to nearby allies
  • Blast Gyro gives AoE Fury to nearby allies
  • Bulwark Gyro gives AoE Aegis to nearby allies
  • Shredder Gyro gives Aoe Retaliation to nearby allies

This would decentivize people destroying them and make destroying them even more useful. I also tried not to have them leave any fields as that would clash with Final Salvo.

You Can’t Be A Genius, If You Aren’t The Slightest Bit Insane. B)

Beta Weekend Scrapper Feedback Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

The Function Gyro needs to be a bit less selfless. The stomp aspect of it is only useful in PvP, the rez part of it is nice but also a bit too selfless. A scrapper running through HoT content solo might not get to use it as much – whereas other profession’s elite spec mechanics are always present and useful.

I’d suggest making the Function Gyro auto-deploy on yourself if you go down (assuming it’s charged).

Also, in general, Gyros need to have a better buff range and move faster.

in Engineer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Rocket Charge’s first leap is in the direction you’re facing so if you’re facing away from the target you’ll create distance and the next 2 leaps will try to make it back up, meaning all 3 hits could potentially miss when you’re well in range.

elite specs ruined pvp.

(edited by Renny.6571)

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

• Hammer #4: Blocking only works at front. Should block attacks from side and behind.

I’ve said this in a few places, but the block is working normally for me. The problem is that it is delayed, but it definitely is working from behind and from range as well.

Try pulling a profession NPC in Heart of the Mists, turn around and run away from them a decent bit then use the block. You’ll block an attack, at least I did.

What really was killing me on the block was the combination of bad aftercast on the other skills and some sort of precast (it felt like) on the 4 skill. I also couldn’t tell if it changes direction with me? The animation (little electric bubble effect) often stays facing whichever direction I was facing when starting the cast rather than following me throughout the block duration.

Make the move snappier, and it’ll be great.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

(edited by Goosekilla.2796)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

I’ve only played Scrapper for a little bit, but here’s my first impression:

The elite does have a different playstyle. Hammer is great, although I did not expect the Rocket Charge to go random with each impact. I fell off cliffs and into water when using it several times. Would it be possible to have a telegraph to show how far it’ll go?

Gyros are nice. Purge Gyro doesn’t show a radius at all, both in tooltip and ingame. Defense Shield doesn’t have an indicator icon and during the midst of a battle, I couldn’t tell if it was on me or not (unless I’m a Norn or Charr).

in Engineer

Posted by: Aldran.8574

Aldran.8574

The scrapper was fun but why are all the scrapper gyros unavailable underwater? I am assuming due to beta, but seriously guys, the engineer underwater is questionable due to so many skill being blocked….

in Engineer

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

After this beta weekend, I’ll explain what I think are the current flaws of the scrapper, and how I feel the specialization could be improved:

Function gyro:

It feels that it doesn’t bring much as a new mechanic, compared to others specializations. Furthermore, there is little to no use in pve.

How to improve this ?

- Firstly, Allow the function gyro to activate anything that the player could activate himself. Any switch, any lever, any door that need a character to channel or activate could be managed by the function gyro. It would make it useful in pve, as the engineer would be free to protect it or to do other things at the same time. A console needs to be activated in a dungeon ? The gyro could do it while the engineer would be able to help the rest of the team. It could also mine nodes.

- Secondly, the function gyro could be activated when the scrapper is downed, to revive him or to stomp an enemy.

- Thirdly and optionally, the function gyro could bring something else. It could, for example, act as a stunbreaker or a condi cleanser.

Of course, every use of any of this function would put it on cooldown, so the scrapper would have to make choices on how to use it.

Traits and gyros:

Scrapper traits line has good synergies with other trait lines, but the synergy between its own traits is limited (not enough stability, not enough lightning field or super speed). Additionally, some of them seem lackluster. Moreover, gyros don’t bring enough to replace other skills, especially because the engineer can’t swap weapons.

How to improve this ?

- Stabilization Core could work on every gyros. It would help the shredder gyro to be more useful, as it would not be displaced outside of a combo field so easily, and it would synergies well with mass momentum, because at the moment there is not enough ways for the scrapper to get stability for it to be useful, unless you take juggernaut.

- Decisive Renown could lower the cooldown of gyros and/or the function gyro.

- Impact Savant should work on every ways of incapacitate an enemy (daze, stun, knockdown), or at least on dazes.

- Final Salvo should bring something more. I though about copying boons from the engineer to the gyros, as it would help them to stay alive a bit longer,which is another problem. Or add cooldown reduction as they need it, even if it’s a little boring for a GM trait.

- Perfectly Weighted doesn’t bring enough either. Longer stability and/or cooldown reduction for the hammer is a solution, even if I admit it’s a bit boring as well.

- I would add that I’ve not find any use for the snake gyro (the toolbelt skill is great however). As the gyro itself is still visible and easily destroyed. Even if it will probably wont happen, I’ve seen someone proposed to replace it by a gyro which give pulse stability, and I find this idea interesting.

These are only ideas of course, but I feel it would help the specialization to get better and more unique.

(edited by Spleen.7836)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Take two of my experience on scrapper.

I’ve started to get a hang of it now. The hammer (apart from the the clunkiness) is actually rly good. I like it alot for wvw – roaming/zerging/1v1.

What alot of people have said that I agree on is that the sneak gyro needs a speedboost, n dpossibly an AI boost of some sort, so that it doesn’t run off when I need it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

My feedback…

Hammer
What I like: It’s really fun to use. I feel like a bruiser that does good damage but is hard to take down. All the skills except the auto attack have nice visuals.

What I don’t like: A couple of the skills are really hurt by clunky aftercasts and functionality. The auto attack chain is a lot of unnecssary aftercast as I detailed in an earlier post. It’s practically the same amount of time as a Tool Belt auto attack chain, that’s bad. Rocket Charge of course has the problem of jumping past your target.

Suggestions: These fixes are (relatively) simple I think. Auto attack aftercast needs cleaning up and Rocket Charge should lock onto your target when your target is already in the leap range. Everything else about RC I like, even the zig zag jumps. It feels like the Engi kind of crazy of some other skills so I don’t want to lose that feeling, I just want better functionality. Honestly it would be icing on the cake if RC finishers were leap, leap, blast instead of leap x 3. Having no blast finisher anywhere in the Scrapper is weird especially since there’s a trait that synergizes with it. Please look into the evade frames though, there is definitely at least one gap in there during RC that I am consistently getting hit or CC’d in.

Traits
What I like: The major/GM trait choices. All GMs except Perfectly Weighted really feel build defining. I feel like many GMs in this game aren’t build defining and even though being a GM doesn’t really mean anything anymore, I think they really should define your build. I’m glad to see 2/3 Scrapper traits really do that.

What I don’t like: Function Gyro stomp so slow! And so is the recharge. Minor traits and a couple of the Adepts. The minor traits really force things on you that many Scrappers don’t want or need. And at least one of the Adepts forces you to make a choice that really should be baseline (Stabilization Core).

Suggestions: First and foremost roll Decisive Renown into Function Gyro baseline (i.e. first minor). I see no reason that needs to take an extra slot. Additionaly Function Gyro baseline really should have stability, in PvP it’s not useful without it. It might be able to get by without it if it would immediately try to stomp/revive after getting CC’d but it doesn’t. Also Function Gyro should stomp at the same speed as a player I think, and at a much lower cooldown. It also needs a moderate health buff, I was almost able to kill other Engi Function Gyros by myself in a 1v1 arena after being downed, and we know Engi downed skills don’t really do much damage. Add in a realistic PvP scenario with teammates and AOEs flying around and they die a lot before doing their job.

Need a new minor in place of Impact Savant. This to me is just a really boring trait that doesn’t even add much to the Scrapper. In any event after merging Decisive Renown with something we have at least one open minor. I would really like to see something that adds more to Superspeed, heck even if it’s just stacking. Ideally a modest attack speed buff. That’s unique and not boring.

Also I feel Perfectly Weighted needs a little more to it. A cooldown reduction would be perfect. If you take this trait it should mean camping the hammer for extended periods of time is more of an option. With a cooldown reduction it makes the Scrapper less dependent on kits to fill those downtime voids, so it would make this trait better and define a build by being less reliant on kits.

Gyros
What I like: Instant cast is nice, and some of the toolbelts really deliver. They look cool.

What I don’t like: Gyros don’t follow you well, as I’m sure you’ve heard by now. I’m not terribly worried about this getting fixed, a couple months ago Jungle Tendril mobs were fixed to follow the player much more accurately when attacking so I believe you guys can do this. Additionally health is low and the effects are not worth the cooldowns, they die way too fast if there’s anything around to attack them. I don’t like how Blast Gyro is basically Throw Mine. That seems really lame to me, I wish it were at least a unique skill.

Suggestions: First off, cooldowns should start when the Gyro is first used. This is not just a cooldown issue as those can just be lowered (though I think those are much too long across the board). This is an issue where Healing Gyro will become Healing Turret, not in terms of replacing it but how it’s used. Who would ever want to wait 44s after getting the instant heal when they could blow it up and only wait 30s? No one. Purge Gyro will be used to clear existing conditions then blown up, etc.

Which brings me to some of the gyro effects. Purge Gyro is a nice effect but it’s just so bland I never found meaningful use for it. For pure condi removal I feel Elixir C is far superior, and just by being in the Alchemy trait line you have condition removal that surpasses Purge Gyro. I’m not in favor of merging it with Heal Gyro simply because we don’t need to make it compete with Healing Turret. Make this unique instead. Make it pulse boon stripping as well (longer interval for balance), make it give resistance if there are still condis left after it clears, an aura that decreases enemy run speed and increases ally run speed. Anything. I also think this toolbelt is really weak, poison fields aren’t that great and we already have one in addition to many sources of poison. Chaos field would be unique, otherwise a fire field would be nice. Heck maybe this is where you add the boon removal. The Purge Gyro discharges its toxic cartridges, corrupting boons in an area (3 removed).

Blast Gyro I feel should be changed a little bit because it’s currently much too similar to Throw Mine. Make it lock on your target dropping aoe bombs in an interval. Remove knockback but make them deal good damage and be blast finishers.

Shredder Gyro really needs damage. I appreciate the thought that a whirl finisher was powerful enough but I don’t think it is. It also needs to be beefier since it is being dropped right in the danger zones.

Heal Gyro cooldown is really bad, otherwise it’s not a bad skill. I still think 3 second interval for a main healing skill is too long though. I would like to see 500 every 2s or 400 every 1s. This makes it feel more like a heal that’s keeping you alive and less like a random Guardian Virtue of Resolve.

Bulwark Gyro needs something starting with a decent health buff of 20% or so. 11k just isn’t cutting it. Also you mentioned it was low armor, but why is this the case? I feel that if this gyros sole purpose is to soak up damage that would have been on us it shouldn’t be as susceptible to cleave as the rest of the gyros. I think it should have a -50% direct damage buff. It was the gyro I probably used the most, but it just has such a disparity between solo and group play. If the tech exists for it I would like to see some sort of mechanic where it knows how many players it has applied Watchful Eye to. For each one it mitigates the absorb damage it takes by some amount. It doesn’t have to scale linearly, but something to make it worth more than 2k damage saved to each party member in an ideal situation would be nice.

Sneak Gyro aside from the pathing issues I like. It doesn’t really seem to aggro in PvE which is all I wanted from it. I don’t think it should reveal you when it blows up. If this is a counterplay thing I get it, but if it was just sort of an unintended side effect I think it should be considered if its necessary.

Miscellaneous
Last but not least, Superspeed. This really needs to stack. The Scrapper can be built way too heavily on Superspeed for it not to stack. It’s not only our own effects, but other professions can negate our own Superspeed with shorter durations! I would prefer this be a game mechanic update, but if it needs to be on a minor trait that also does something like a modest attack speed buff (10-15%) that would be acceptable.

I would be remiss if I didn’t thank you for taking the time to read the book that could be made from all of our feedback and the long hours you’ve probably already put in and likely have ahead of you. You’ve really got your work cut out for you, I know many Engis and Rangers were irked at being the last reveal but it probably doesn’t feel great to have the least amount of time to incorporate feedback either. Good luck.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Final Report:

-The class is lacking in flavor. At this point, pretty much any flavor will do so I leave that up to y’all. But I cannot stress how important it is to make the class more than just Engineer hitting things with hammer.

-All Gyros should have a break bar. Unless broken, they should be extremely resistant to damage with it, and slightly weaker than they currently are when without it.

-Gyros need a lot of attention. The one input I will provide is that all the detonation effects MUST be unique. Right now, they are all generic detonations and that is boring to use.

-Superspeed is balanced similarly to alacrity, but its effect is pretty lackluster. I suggest significantly increasing the effectiveness of the effect when Scrappers use it (so a minor trait). My suggestion? Turn it into discount quickness. That might be fun.

-Lastly: I wish y’all had organized the traits similar to how Reaper, Berserker and Chronomancer traits are organized. Compared to them, our trait select feel haphazard.

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

Yup. They may have been a failed experiment on players, but they would improve most serviveability issues on Gyros.

With their bars, they should be immune to CC effect and extremely resistant to damage.

Without their bars, they should take normal damage and self stun daze for a period of time before trying to resume operations.

These should also be considered in tandem:

-Gyro detonations should be unique to the gyro being detonated

-Improve Gyro speed

-Improve or mostly gut Gyro A.I.

-Drastically reduce baseline gyro recharge. By like 30 – 40 % OR start recharging on summon. Durations may need to be adjusted in order to compensate.

in Engineer

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

I liked the hammer. Gyro toolbelt skills are good. Bulwarks was a little bit of help against the troops of asura rifle berserkers plaguing Sunday. The gyros themselves of course need to be able to keep pace better.
I found myself rooted after rocket charge a couple times, even after the final impact, which was no good when I was retreating said asura rifle berserkers.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

in Engineer

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Love the hammer! For someone who hates swapping constantly kits, this weapon is perfect for me. (Keeping mortar kit as ranged/combo field option.)

Anyway the auto-attack should be a bit faster to allow crit-traits to work better (not necessarily need a damage buff).

I also had some issue activating the skills, don’t know if this was the profession itself or potentional delay in the servers. Didn’t seem to be so with other professions.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

unless they become invincible to dmg/condi / cc, are locked tightly to orbiting the engineer & get their cd’s starting on summon, I will not equip them since they’ll almost always perform worse than elixirs or kits.

Dancing around the big issue of supposed supportive utility-skills getting disabled by dmg doesn’t advances the solution.

Necro minions attack you, hence should be damagable
Turrets attack you, hence should be damagable
Ranger spirits just buff the group, hence should be invulnerable
And also engineer gyros MOSTLY just support you, hence should be invulnerable.

- Remove the dmg-part of the shredder gyro and let it AoE-tick fury (or some unique offensive buff, like 150 precission, power or ferocity) instead
- Rename & change blast gyro into some AoE-buffer. Maybe he could actually tick superspeed, or at least swiftness + vigor. This way he could fix the lacking swiftness / 25% movement speed traits on scrapper and make ignoring inventions or tools less hurtful.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

unless they become invincible to dmg/condi / cc, are locked tightly to orbiting the engineer & get their cd’s starting on summon, I will not equip them since they’ll almost always perform worse than elixirs or kits.

Dancing around the big issue of supposed supportive utility-skills getting disabled by dmg doesn’t advances the solution.

Necro minions attack you, hence should be damagable
Turrets attack you, hence should be damagable
Ranger spirits just buff the group, hence should be invulnerable
And also engineer gyros MOSTLY just support you, hence should be invulnerable.

- Remove the dmg-part of the shredder gyro and let it AoE-tick fury (or some unique offensive buff, like 150 precission, power or ferocity) instead
- Rename & change blast gyro into some AoE-buffer. Maybe he could actually tick superspeed, or at least swiftness + vigor. This way he could fix the lacking swiftness / 25% movement speed traits on scrapper and make ignoring inventions or tools less hurtful.

I am also a very big fan of having gyros not be damageable at all as well.

The only thing is that most Gyro effects durations/Gyro life would need to be significantly shortened. They would essentially need to be balanced like Wells.

I would welcome that actually.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nova Pint Kiosk.7085

Nova Pint Kiosk.7085

Few things I found:

Hammer is fantastic. Honestly I love it. Good amount of damage, not too much for how much utility it brings, but not too little either.

Gyros: Literally useless. kittenty following speeds, wonky AI, bad game design in almost every single case. The healing Gyro is too long of a cooldown for almost no utility save for the toolbelt. The blast gyro doesn’t even use your perception so it won’t crit 90% of the time. The spinner is absolutely useless outside of ethereal fields as a condi build, which is still fairly pointless as you’re taking one full skill for a few confusing bolts. I’ll admit I didn’t try the bulwark because I didn’t care for it, but its a good idea if it works well, but idk how its lifespan is.

One of the non-scrapper things I think we need for this is increased damage for Toolkit, it doesn’t do very much, the last hit is way too slow for it to do less damage than bombs or nades when it only hits 3/3/1. It has the same feel as Reaper greatsword but the last hit can only hit 1 person and the damage payoff for such a slow hitting combo just isn’t there. Toolkit+Hammer+HGH makes for an awesome melee zerker build with lots of defense, but Toolkit should be doing more damage than bombs/nades/hammer, but currently it is sitting around the same damage as the hammer. I understand the Hammer getting slightly lower damage, but it also gets stacking might on hit, it also has an AoE stun, a great movement skill, a block, and a reflect. Toolkit has a pull and a block, and applies cripple on it, but it has lower damage on the auto, while it takes longer.

Tested damage in the mists, each AA chain gets 4 other than toolkit since its #3 is 1 full second instead of 1/2 second. None of the traits for the 10% bonus damage were used.

Toolkit: 6,318
Hammer: 7,421
Bombs: 8,260
Grenades: 6,660
Rifle: 5,312
Pistol: 2,484

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

[BUG] Shock Shield blocks longer than it’s supposed to.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

The potential issue I see with Gyros being invulnerable is that there’s a lack of counterplay.

Perhaps make them immune to damage but susceptible to CC and change Stabilization Core to include all Gyros? Perhaps CCing a Gyro drains a second of their “Fuel?” It’s still iffy on a PvP/WvW PoV but it would make them much more useful for PvE.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Engineer

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

I want to continue my conversation about a few other things as well as Gyros, with specific attention to the Medic Gyro and the Blast Gyro.

Medic Gyro
I love this Gyro’s immediate heal and tool-belt skill in it’s current format. It provides excellent heals when combined with Medical Dispersion Field and for the first time ever I think that trait is, when married with Medic Gyro, a viable trait to use.
The ticks however require you to play poorly to receive any benefit from the remaining heals. If you are in an organized group it encourages players to lag behind because that’s where the Gyro will be to give out heals. Skills such as this should not be too gimmicky since other classes don’t have to play hopscotch or back-flip through any hoops to gain the benefits of their healing skills. Whilst this skill has very high potential pay-out if it lasts it’s full duration it can be prematurely stopped by destroying that Gyro and in my opinion that is enough of a risk vs payoff for Scrappers to take in this cleave heavy, 3-5 target hit dominated world of Tyria.
As a result I believe that the heal range should be buffed to 400 – 600 and the pauses removed. In my experience I only ever get the base heal in group play areas such as WvW and maybe a few other players with worst latency than me (who lag behind) will ever see the extra heals that are pushed out.

Blast Gyro (Tag?)
I like the concept, in fact I like it all together. Does it hit five people total? Also I feel that it needs a bit more hp. It doesn’t get very far after you spawn it even if you pop the utility skill. Alternatively give this skill an increased chance to crit so that if it lands the pay off is very worth it. Also I believe that if it is prematurely destroyed it should still detonate with it’s full pay-load where it is destroyed (I am not sure if it currently does this).

The tool belt skill for this is great, but often not enough. Unfortunately three seconds of Super Speed is not enough time to flank or attempt to outplay a group unless you are already almost directly on top of the group. At this stage it is practically impossible to pull a flank or go around successfully since the distance between you and the enemy’s front-line is so small that they can easily turn and cut your group in half. I am not saying that there should be no risks at all to something like this but I feel like a buff to 4 seconds would make this more of a risk your group would be willing to take than it is currently.

The Non Gyro Stuff
Impact Savant Minor

I am unsure if it also stacks versus other CCs such as Daze, Knock-down, Sink and Float. Since it is so specific of minor trait I feel like it needs to be stronger in effect or cover more CC effects since at the moment it doesn’t feel like much help against PvP stun then burst combinations.

Rocket Charge
It’s lock-down / pause after the third hit is extremely dangerous to the Scrapper. Once players recognize how long this day is this skill will become a detriment to the Scrapper and is especially dangerous when landing in a bomb spot.

Shocking Speed
Consider adding a 3 second AoE 240 range cripple to this trait to improve the effect. Considering the very few number of lightning fields available to a Scrapper this addition would allow this trait to generally be more useful especially in group play. It would also allow the Scrapper a bit more control in dictating the range of combat.

I had a wonderful time playing the Scrapper during this beta weekend. I wish there was another so that I could spend more time getting to know this high potential and fun elite spec!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

After playing more with the scraper I’ve changed my mind on some things and have some new feedback on the weapon, gyros and traits.

I’ll start with the traits since some of the other suggestions I have won’t make sense unless I explain these first.

Stabilization core – This trait is made redundant with another change I have to suggest. I suggest adding a new major in it’s place that allows function gyro to be used on yourself when you get downed as long as it’s not on cooldown.

For Perfectly Weighted I suggest baking the 10% damage directly into the hammer and instead adding a major that buffs gyros to be a bit more usable. The trait would give gyros +25% health passivly but also give you and the gyro 2 stacks of stability for 5 seconds on a 10 second cooldown.

As for the hammer I have some suggestions to it since a bunch of people don’t like the damage or after casts. The damage is assuming you go with the Perfectly Weighted change and up the damage by 10% across the skills.

Reduce the after cast on the no.1 chain a little bit to smooth it out. The 10% damage being baked into the hammer removes the reason to up it’s damage further.

Make the no.4 a more defensive use ability that is mainly used for defense or vulnerability. Move 10% of it’s damage over to electro whirl no.2. Also sync the block duration to the animation.

The no.3 needs to have the delay between jumps lowered a tiny bit and the 2nd jump needs some smoothing to make sure it lands.

Thunder clap has the most changes I could suggest I think. The damage is fine as is but the stun is to short. My suggestion here is to raise the stun to 2 seconds flat so that it’s 2.25 seconds with the gm. Lower the cast range from 1200 to 600 and raise the cooldown from 24 to 25.

The function gyro I keep all my previous statements. It needs more functions and you should be able to choose how it’s used. It should have a offensive , supportive and defensive function. Supportive as in activating objects that you can interact with, Defensive as in able to rez you or team mates this one is added in my suggestions and the ability to do a little bit of damage and daze a target. This would make you have to think how you wanna use your function gyro.

As for the rest of the gyros I think they just need a 15-20% health boost base and AI needs to be changed so that they actually follow and keep up with you instead of falling behind and having odd pathing. Most of them have their uses but they are just not that useful due to buggy pathing and low health atm.

(edited by Dakiaris.2798)

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

-Healbot Gyro and Purge gyro might need to be combined and a new Gyro might have to take Purge Gyros place because, I don’t see myself taking Purge Gyro or Healbot Gyro when I’ve got healing turret.

Not a bad idea at all!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mebaru.4513

Mebaru.4513

To add my 2 cents for the mass of the rest:
I think Hammer damage and skills are overall good. Traits need some work.

- Gyros aren’t ok at all: bad AI, slow and underpowered. Waste of slots basically. Purge/Healbot gyros aren’t as good as healing turret.
- Function Gyro clunky and not very usable. For same reason Stabilization Core isn’t good trait.
- Rocket Charge should be reworked (probably as already suggested to work similar to warrior leap).
- Thunderclap – damage is low, I think it should be raised atleast by 30%. Stun is ok but since every one have stability and stunbreakers these days it doesn’t really works kudos. Also this skill should add some conditions like burning and cripple.
- Impact Savant – +25% duration to stun not very noticeable. Should be 50% or 100%. Same for -25%. Also, it will be great if this trait will add Might i.e. when you’re stunned gain 5 stacks of might. Protection is also a solid approach.
- Hammer AA lacks damage. Also definitely needs different condition.
- Perfectly Weighted trait should be reworked (Almost no reason to take it over Adaptive Armor).
- Final Salvo – since Gyros suck a bit this trait is a waste.
- Rapid Regeneration – very weak for a major trait.
- Mass Momentum great synergy with FT Juggernaut but I think it should give bonuses when we use hammer instead.
- Expert Examination – I think scrapper have way too much Vulnerability stacking. Not bad but would like to see different condition here.

(edited by Mebaru.4513)

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

• remove the cast time to blow up gyros and give those a blast finisher and each an unique effect
Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: DynamicMastermind.8543

DynamicMastermind.8543

I’m sure you’ve gotten lots of good feedback but here’s to hoping more works. I really like the scrapper build, It seems to add some really unique new ways to play while also working pretty well with the existing traits and skill lines.

There are a few things that could be tweaked to be better and still remain balanced.
1. Gyros are a bit clunky even if they’re overall pretty good. The blast tag Gyro needs a speed buff , period. Even using super speed on it , its easy to kill before it reaches you. which brings us to…
2. The gyros in general are a little squishy and easy to kill, especially considering their cooldowns don’t start until they die and they have pretty long cool downs. they could use a tweak or two in both cooldown and health.
3. The Blast tag gyro is supposed to be unblockable but it is in fact not only blockable but easily blockable which negates its already limited usage.
4. The rocket charge skill is a bit hit or miss, It needs to track better though it’s not far off.
5. The function Gyro is a really cool idea but a bit clunky, doesn’t seem to start working as soon as it needs to, in fact all gyros seem a bit too delayed. Considering Engi having a pretty horrible downed state, it would be cool to see function gyro tied in here somehow, maybe it could help to heal you if you hadn’t used it? I dunno. I hesitate to say it’s overpowered as thieves and mesmers can just casper the ghost away in their downed state.
6. the shredder gyro is really weak considering it’s limited use and cool down time.
7.The scrapper trait line is really good but I feel the emphasis on superspeed vs swiftness is a bit too much, would be nice to have some way to grant quickness, similar to mecha legs or streamlined kits as Engi’s are limited in that department a bit already.

That list may seem long but considering all the new stuff and existing stuff, 7 minor things preventing this from being pretty much perfect is actually rather impressive and shows the quality level that went into the scrapper spec. Great work.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Looks like rocket charge leap finisher triggers only when you land to a field, not when you leap from a field like other leaps.

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I made this post in another thread, but it belongs here as well:

As always, these numbers are acquired in PVP with no gear equipped and with no modifying traits equipped. These are the effective “baseline” values for 1000 power exotic. First the reference numbers:

Bomb: 444. 5 targets, 240 radius, 1 second fuse. 0.5 seconds listed per attack. 0.84 seconds between actual attacks. 529 DPS.
Grenade: 117. 3 grenades, 5 targets 0.5 seconds listed attack speed. 1 second actual attack speed. 351 DPS.

Smack: 284. 2 × 6 vuvlnerability per hit. 1 × 2 cripple per hit. 3 targets. 0.5 listed activation time.
Whack: Identical to Smack
Thwack: 622. 1 × 2 cripple per hit. 1 target. 1 second listed activation time.
Total attack speed: 3.23 seconds.
Total Tooltip DPS: 368

Hip Shot: 266. 0.75 listed activation time. 0.84 actual activation time. Tooltip DPS: 317
Flame Jet: 890. 1 × 2 burning. 2.25 seconds listed activation time. 2.57 seconds actual activation time. 346 tooltip DPS.

And now the hammer.

Positive Strike: 313. 1 × 8 might 3 targets, 130 range, 0.5 second listed activation time.
Negative Bash: 313, 1 × 8 vulnerability, 3 targets, 130 range, 0.5 second listed activation time
Equalizing Blow: 391, 1 × 8 might, 1 × 8 vulnerability. 3 targets. 130 range.
Total Attack Speed for the auto attack: 3.1 seconds.
Total tooltip DPS (no buffs): 328

I’ll leave the balance philosophy to others, as I don’t play engi anymore. But currently the only thing that’s any good about the auto attack are the might/vuln. The might/vuln isn’t particularly spectacular once you factor in traits, so at base I’d suggest maybe a 25-33% increase to auto damage.

Now for other hammer skills:
Electro-Whirl: 430 per hit, 860 total. 3 targets, 180 radius, reflects missiles. x1 whirl finisher. 1 second listed activation time. Closer to 1.25 seconds actual time. 6 second cooldown.
Rocket Charge: 1,173 damage per 3 hits. 5 targets. 240 radius. x2 leap finisher. 1 second evade. 100 range. 1.75 second listed activation time. Closer to 2.25 seconds actual activation time. 10 second cooldown.
Shock Shield: 975 damage over kittens. 10 × 5 vulnerability. 5 targets. 2 second block. 170 range. 1.75 listed activation time. Closer to 2 seconds actual time. 20 second cooldown
Thunderclap: 1,410 damage over 6 hits.. 1 × 8 vulnerability per hit. 1 second stun on activation. 1 second interval per pulses. 240 radius. Lightning field. 1200 range. 24 second cooldown. 0.75 listed activation time. Closer to 1.5 seconds actual activation time.

Electro Whirl DPS: 688
Rocket Charge DPS: 521
Shock Shield DPS: 488
Thunderclap DPs: 940

At least electro whirl and thunderclap beat out bomb auto. For further references:

Jump Shot: 368 leap damage, 735 landing damage, 3 × 7 vulnerability per hit, 5 targets, 240 radius. Leap Finisher. 20 second cooldown. 1 second listed activation time. 1.5 seconds real activation time. DPS: 735
Blunderbuss: 654, 572, 490, 409 depending on range. 4 × 5 bleed, 3 × 5 bleed, 2 × 5 bleed, 1 × 5 bleed depending on range. 5 targets, 700 range (250 for max damage), 10 second cooldown. 0.5 second listed activation time. Closer to 1 second real activation time. 654 DPS + Bleeds

So I guess from a burst skills standpoint, the hammer does beat out the rifle in direct damage. 940 + 688 is better than 735 + 654 + bleeds.

But overall yeah, I reflect a lot of the sentiments here now. The hammer is too slow and the skills are a bit wonky. Total suggestions for the weapon:

#1: Increase the AA speed of the hammer to 2.3-2.5 seconds. This is a 33% to 25% buff in damage, along with a 33% to 25% buff in might/vuln stacking.
#2: Have electro whirl be at least 3 whirl finishers. Have electro whirl reflect projectiles from all directions.
#3: Increase the damage of Rocket Charge by 33%. Make the first leap a leap finisher as well.

Thunderclap and shock shield are fine

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arleon.5921

Arleon.5921

Bugs:
- the stelth gyro follows an opponent that stroke you, not the engineer
- the function gyro stops stomping if the target is moving / porting in downstate
- function gyro will ALWAYS activate before you´re standart stomp, when it´s ready, no matter at which range you are

Quality of life:
- all gyros follow you to slowly. Not the movement speed itself is the problem, but the delay between you starting to walk, and the gyro following you. E.g. just walking forward with no speed makes you get visible because the stealth gyro reacts so slow. That makes the gyros, not only the stealth one, but this one especially, kind of useless in many situations, so I wouldn´t use them at all. Mabe you could force them to follow you instantly as soon as you´re about to leave their range ( it´s not about their actual speed but only about the reaction time of them )
- you can´t equip a hammer while not using the scrapper line
- Final salvo is a bit weak compared to the other two options you got in there, mabe a longer duration of the superspeed would be fine,so this skill could enable you to give superspeed to you and allies and actually disengage a fight properly. 6 or 7 sec would be strong enough to be a real alternative option between the other two traids there I guess.
- Same goes for shocking speed. Here it could help to remove ( / reduce ? ) the icd to enable you to stack this stuff quickly with a couple of blasts to move faster out of a fight
-the cd of the Blast gyro tag feels way to hight. I don´t know if I´m not using it right, but I wouldn´t choose it as long as it´s cd is above 15 sec
- the live pool of all gyros is too low for WvW. Their effects are potentially extremly handy, but they just instantly get destroyed in a fight. This problem could be reduced by a higher reaction speed as mentioned above, and a higher live pool for the shredder gyro. Or a traid that increases their survivability instead of the shocking speed or the final salvo.

in Engineer

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

Engies are jack of all trades and scrapper has 0 condi.

- Make stabilization core baseline or merge it with another trait, replace it with something condi related.

- Add a damaging condi to one of the hammer attacks. Example: a burn to last attack of rocket charge.

in Engineer

Posted by: Diet Plain.4513

Diet Plain.4513

With the trait “Shocking Speed” on while it is on cooldown, the dazing strike from leap finishers won’t proc.
Sometimes using Hammer 3 through Hammer 5, right after blowing up one of your gyros for super speed, won’t proc dazing strike OR the Shocking Speed trait for super speed to allies

(edited by Diet Plain.4513)

in Engineer

Posted by: Xinrut.1743

Xinrut.1743

I anticipated these changes to enable me to run in an organized WvW group as a frontline engi and for the most part they have. I’ve totalled about 10 hours of WvW playtime on Scrapper in a 25-man guild group and this is what I’ve come up with.

The hammer has great attacks and cc; the electro whirl and thunderclap are especially fun. I don’t expect the gyros to last long in large clashes but they do their share especially the toolbelt skills for medi and bulwark.

Two major things REALLY affected my ability to successfully keep up as frontline:

1) Hammer #3 Rocket Charge: While a great initiator, this frequently messed up my positioning very badly. This skill has unpredictably sent me into odd spots in terrain, over ledges or deep into the enemy blob where I didn’t want to be. This is both with and without autotarget enabled.

Suggestion: Include a way for this skill to be cancelled while executing especially after the first leap, such as tapping 3 again.

2) Unreliable Stability: Having a trait that grants a bit of stab on evade isn’t enough if you need it for a first push. Unsteady ground, lines of warding, etc have been a persistent bane to any engineer attempting frontline and forces the Scrapper to heavily rely on another class to grant it.

Suggestion: Buff Stabilization Core to apply to any gyro summoned. That would allow for a scrapper to get into the fray in the first place, even if it the trait had a 15~ sec ICD.

As always, thanks for all the dedicated work on this amazing class!

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

(edited by Xinrut.1743)

in Engineer

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

- Secondly, the function gyro could be activated when the scrapper is downed, to revive him or to stomp an enemy.

I would love it if the scrapper had a 5th ability on their down bar that summoned the function gyro to revive them. Similar to rangers calling a pet over, it could be balanced by adjusting the “warm-up” time.

-All Gyros should have a break bar. Unless broken, they should be extremely resistant to damage with it, and slightly weaker than they currently are when without it.

-Gyros need a lot of attention. The one input I will provide is that all the detonation effects MUST be unique. Right now, they are all generic detonations and that is boring to use.

-Superspeed is balanced similarly to alacrity, but its effect is pretty lackluster. I suggest significantly increasing the effectiveness of the effect when Scrappers use it (so a minor trait). My suggestion? Turn it into discount quickness. That might be fun.

I 100% agree with these points. Very good suggestions.

(edited by BeardRex.6739)

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

-Stabilization core should be on a minor, should apply to all Gyros. Internal cooldown: 10 secs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravenel.5037

Ravenel.5037

There is a bit much to read through what everyone had posted here but overall i really liked the scrapper i enjoyed thunderclaps lightning field, and much of the hammer skills though number 3 the leap skill on it seemed to bounce me all over rather then at the target i had locked onto in both PVP and PVE as well as the odd pauses in between each leap made it slow to catch escaping enemies but my biggest issue was with the stealth gyro it was a great tool until i was actually in combat, the gyro itself would try to attack players doing nothing but following enemies instead of following me and helping me escape in all pvp scenarios i used it and seemed it had trouble keeping on me sometimes randomly stopping then speeding up behind me, the other gyros i enjoyed plenty though maybe need to be slightly more durable the heal & bulwark gyro would come out often and die nearly immediately. hammer skills 2 and 3 seemed fine though the auto attack was a bit slow and underwhelming in damage. the tool-belt skills i did like most all seemed useful in the appropriate situations.

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I loved the thematic idea of the scrapper. It does feel like something different than what I’ve been playing.

things I noted
1) that number 3 hammer skill, has caused me multiple plumetting deaths. It is not safe to use around heights. Its very cool in “feel” but not reliable in execution. How was it supposed to work?

2) How the heck am I supposed to multi leap a field with it?

3) Sometimes it randomly picks an opponent and jumps me towards them… but I didn’t have the opponent targetted and don’t have auto target on. Where as in PvE I can use rifle 5 and carefully aim so I’m not going into combat speed. This is not possible with the 3 skill. It will tag something and I’ll be slowed when I was trying to go faster.

4) The blast the lightening field doesn’t seem to provide superspeed for very long, I found that to be a pretty useless trait. I had thought it would be an awesome combo with the regen for sustain but … it just wasn’t working for me.

5) I often found myself having to camp my mortar kit since I don’t have rifle, and the ground I wanted to attack was covered in condi’s.

6) I found the reflecting shield somewhat non useful because by the time it finally showed up, I’d been hit. If I tried to anticipate the attack it was down before the first shot got in. Its not very use-able aside from getting lucky with the reflect, but the delays made it feel not very good for counterplay. I just sort of started hitting it and hoped someone would shoot something as an added bonus to the damage, rather than using it specifically to reflect.

7) I guess I just didn’t really feel confident that this scrapper guy could actually last sustained melee. Had to keep escaping. I would have liked him to scrap a bit more.

8) sort of felt a bit slow on the regular 1. swings. Damage I’m not an expert on but I’d like to see him swing a bit faster.

9) I tried the synergy with the flame thrower, there was some promise there having juggernaut and the might trait, plus damage reduction.

10) didn’t see a lot of synergy with bomb kit. I tried to get around needing elixers, but that’s a tough sell. a melee class without speed doesn’t work, so you want to take tools for speedy kits, with the regent trait, and the damage reduction, leaving you with either firearms or explosions. Kind of seemed too comrpomisy since you can’t now keep your might up and your damage is reduced by not having bombs and firearms.

in Engineer

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

The Function Gyro needs to be a bit less selfless. The stomp aspect of it is only useful in PvP, the rez part of it is nice but also a bit too selfless. A scrapper running through HoT content solo might not get to use it as much – whereas other profession’s elite spec mechanics are always present and useful.

I’d suggest making the Function Gyro auto-deploy on yourself if you go down (assuming it’s charged).

Also, in general, Gyros need to have a better buff range and move faster.

F-Gyro’s completely useless as a stomp unless we get more stompable PvE enemies, like the Toxic Alliance courtiers. It takes a very long time and it’s squishy enough that any downed target can kill it and rally off of it. At that point you have to do something to keep them from attacking it, and then you might as well stomp them yourself and the gyro’s pointless.

I wish the entire thing could be scrapped(hue), but I doubt they have time for that. The others can be buffed and have their AI fixed, but F-Gyro is just bad conceptually. I don’t know what could be done to make it on par with attunement overload, facet of light, extra dodge, etc in terms of usefulness and flavor.

in Engineer

Diet Plain.4513

Suggestion: Include a way for this skill to be cancelled while executing especially after the first leap, such as tapping 3 again.

switch to a kit, then switch out. it will cancel the skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Scrappers:

I didn’t run the hammer or all the gyros. I was testing something specific: A flamethrower mightstacking build.

I’m not including gear with the below links. I merely want to discuss traits & skills, and since gear was limited somewhat anyway, I couldn’t run quite what I wished.

I ran the following build in pve. I’m not bothering with wvw because I ran with flamethrower and hammer in wvw, and discovered that not having a long distance option was a serious mistake in wvw, lol. In PvP I ran a similar build, and the damage while defending capture points was pretty nice.

Sometimes i used supply crates, and sometimes I used sneak gyro.

PVE: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUncoCdpi1aBGpCsehl7iiO1j9ZHsBjwAQ8g+hQE-TxRGABAcBA2UJoPK/eR9HQ2fo4HAAYm/AA-e

Essentially, I ended up having about 16-18 stacks of might just standing still, it fluctuated a bit, and 1-2 stacks of stability. Once in a fight these numbers increased. The damage I was doing was VERY impressive.

I am going to be making a post about this separately, but I think the bulwark gyro is pretty close to being fine.

I know several people will object, but here’s my reasoning: Essentially, its granting 50% damage reduction, far better than the Protection boon. It might be just giving it to you, or up to 5 allies, depending on whether you are soloing or not.

This will vary its duration considerably, especially when looking at the damage output of your foes, since it’s damage-based whether than duration-based, but I think this is fair. 50% is a lot!

During fights, I paid very close attention to the bulwark. some fights it lasted surprisingly long, other times it died fast. Again, considering a 50% damage reduction, I think this was actually fine overall – if it had a duration anywhere approaching protection it would be seriously broken.

The healing and Purge gyros were wonky. I loved the fact they are zero casting time, but after their initial effect, they kinda wandered around like a distracted 3 year old. Once, I was the only one in range, I needed healing, and it was kinda meandering around, catching the sites, enjoying the scenery.

The sneak gyro is cool, but it really NEEDS to be able to stick to the caster a little better. Not a ton better, I don’t want it hovering over my head at all times, it will make it that much easier to point out where I am, but I was routinely outrunning it, and had to stop and let it catch up lest the stealth drop, which happened a couple times.

The healing and purge gyros died a little too easily. I’d like to see their AI improved a little, and have them a little more durable.

I had an idea, based on the idea of fuel; fuel right now is really just a color term for duration, and I don’t think its really needed to use that term if its not differentiated at all from any other skill with duration. But maybe if you included an effect using the fuel, it might make the gyros a bit more appealing.

For example, if you gave the gyros an on death effect, the more “fuel” you have left, the stronger the on deathe effect, that might make it more fun.

As for the Function Gyro, I LOVED it in effect, but it was a bit hard to really use it. For example, I was using it to revive allies during the tougher HoT fights, and while it worked, it was sometimes hard to target someone downed in the first place because of so many players and mobs around. When I DID get it used, sometimes someone else revived them first. When it DID get used on someone who wasn’t otherwise getting revive it was great, but that didn’t happen as often as I liked. I didn’t get a chance to try it in pvp or wvw.

Would there be a way to just auto send it out to revive someone near you if you don’t have someone specifically targetted? What about having it maybe revive you if you go down?

in Engineer

Diet Plain.4513

I ran the following build in pve. I’m not bothering with wvw because I ran with flamethrower and hammer in wvw, and discovered that not having a long distance option was a serious mistake in wvw, lol.

Mortar is your longest range skill so… your best option is still available :P
Good info tho!

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Video that highlights the animation delays with [Rocket Charge] on the hammer in WvW. Players with swiftness are almost able to outrun the leap. Compare my toon position with players around me. Compare at 35 seconds with [Rocket Boots]. This negates the leap as both a tag catch-up utility and utility to leap to enemy players running away.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

Lite’s Beta Scrapper Overview
I wanted to thoroughly try out the Scrapper before making my final decision. In the end, I was highly impressed with the Scrapper’s overall performance.

All of the traits synergy very well with the core aspect of the Engineer. I was actually torn on when kind of build I should run because there were quite a few that can can emerge from trait’s synergy. However, the specialization could use some cool down reduction traits.

Although the slow AI made it a bit difficult to strategically use, all of the Gyros and their tool belts have their usage. Nevertheless, the slow AI overshadows their instant cast.

At first the hammer may seem underwhelming, but after dancing around with it the hammer has quite a good synergy with the engineer’s core game play. All of the hammer skills are useful in their own way. Overall, the hammer could use some cool down reduction traits; introducing the reductions as baseline would be even better considering the hammer is a “melee brawler” weapon.

Quoting what Calmon-Huang said during the Scrapper revealing livestream, Scrapper is a “melee bruiser with lots of good lockdown abilities” and “very good at breaking break bars“.

Despite the “design goal” intended, the Scrapper fails as a “good melee bruiser with lots of good lockdown” abilities and is very bad at “breaking break bars”.

Melee bruiser: To be even a half decent melee bruiser the class needs either high damage (Ex: Reaper), low cool downs (Ex: Warrior), or soft cc (Immobilize, cripple, or chill) (Ex: warrior’s melee weapon or Engineer’s Rifle) with sustain.

The Scrapper has accomplished sustain. The Hammer lacks high damage, short cool downs, and soft crowd control ultimately makes it a horrible weapon choice for a melee bruiser. Ironically, the Engineer’s Rifle would be the superior choice as melee weapon as it stands due to short cool downs and soft crowd controls.

Good Lockdowns: The Scapper has almost no lockdown abilities. The only lockdown ability the Scrapper has is the 1 second stun with a 3/4 second cast time locked behind a 24 second cool down. All the dazes, which are not only hard to land and requires horribly slow Gyros or leaping savagely and slow into a long cast time long cool down lightning field, are not consider lockdowns as the enemy can easily just walk away.

The Scrapper, overall, fails to be even consider a decent “lockdown” specialization. Again, the Engineer’s rifle makes a better lockdown weapon. Even the Engineer’s shield and off-hand pistol, to a degree, does a better job than the hammer at this role this makes the hammer the worst lockdown weapon Engineers has access to.

Good Breaking Breakbars: Sadly, Engineer would be a lot better at breaking breakbars if they didn’t go scrapper. (Turrets/Gadgets) Not going to explain this one because this one is pretty obvious. (cool down related)

What it does have: Good utilities, but none of them related to what was said above.

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build

(edited by Lite.3819)

in Engineer

Diet Plain.4513

Final thoughts on Scrapper

-Toolbelt skills were my deciding factors when choosing which gyros to use for which situation.
-Gyro’s need to stay on the caster and not have a built in AI to go elsewhere and help someone else. Would like to see them(Sneak/Medic/Bulwark/Purge) give out their buffs from the caster’s position( they keep their life since they have a good AoE ally buff). It is very easy to outrun them, or for them to take massive damage anywhere. ie- there’s a red circle on you, you dodge and get out of the way while your gyro sits there for a second and continues to take damage. I think their health wouldn’t be a huge issue if they stayed ON you.

New Weapon/Skills -
Hammer-
1- Basic attack feels too slow. Think we should attack a little faster or increase damage a small amount to makeup for it.
2- No worries here
3- Would like the leap to be changed to independent button presses up to 3. This would let us control the leaps much better. It is a fairly common complaint that we seem to whip around places, and this skill is a bad idea if there’s a cliff nearby.
4- No problems, love it
5- Same thing here, Great skill. Used it everywhere.

Gyros – Let them be buffs given from the caster, remain killable. Their AI is tough to control, and in heavy damage scenarios, they will be dead in an instant from slow reaction times.

Medic- Change the high single target heal pulse to, a low ally pulse. This guy trying to chase down allies to heal isn’t worth keeping him alive except for soaking up damage.

Purge- convert 1 condi to a boon on allies per pulse, convert 1 boon on enemies to a condi on pulse. Same problem as medic gyro, him chasing down allies to cleanse isn’t worth it since he can’t keep up.

Bulwark- Slow reaction time would get him killed more than him taking 50% of the damage allies were taking. would be fixed by staying on the caster.

Sneak- would like to see a longer stealth per pulse, less pulses given to accomodate.

Shredder- Damage a little low, and the whirl is a very small aoe. If the enemy moves a tiny bit, he’s useless.

Blast- He would sometimes attack targets that were not the ones I targeted. He would also move up to the target and just stand there until fuel ran out other times. Good damage and knockback when he did work though.

Traits
Adept-
Shocking Speed- enjoyed this one a lot with the other super speed trait
Stabilization core- change to major trait, make it give stab per gyro used. The stab only when function is used is a bit underwhelming.
Recovery Matrix- Good defensive option. keep it!

Major-
Rapid Regeneration- Love it, this is my goto major trait
Expert Examination- Very useful trait! Would like to see this be changed with Stabilization core to give a good offensive option for adept tier.
Mass Momentum- I’ve said this before, but the amount of might stacking we have is great before this trait. I’d like to see something to go with momentum like: Remove a movement impairing condition when you critically hit 7s icd.

Grand Master-
Adaptive Armor- Great defensive option, very strong
Final Salvo- I ended up using this more during the end of the beta and I really do like it. It feels a little underwhelming as a grand master trait though. Can we add some offensive aspect to it like adding a damage effect like Glyph of Storms( less damage obviously) to it
Perfectly Weighted- If you proc this with your first leap, the stab will end up with 1s left of life before it ends. I would like to see the stab lifetime increased and the icd increased accordingly. something like 5s of stab, 9s icd.

in Engineer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I ran the following build in pve. I’m not bothering with wvw because I ran with flamethrower and hammer in wvw, and discovered that not having a long distance option was a serious mistake in wvw, lol.

Mortar is your longest range skill so… your best option is still available :P
Good info tho!

True, I was just thinking I’d switch between hammer and flamethrower in a fight. Ran into two long range specs and couldn’t really get near them LOL

But I gotta say maintaining 16-18 stacks might along with stability with zero effort was fun LOL

in Engineer

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

This is feed back from a guy that fought with and against but never as, a scrapper:
Gyros kinda suck. You’re all right. Theyre super slow and can’t keep up with anyone, even if they have swiftness.

In general scrappers are quite powerful. Too powerful. Perma stability, a ton of might and a bunch of defensive capabilities. I couldn’t kill you buggers. Pop a thunderfield and rocket charge through it then slam a grenade barrage, and your targets dead (or close too it after 12-20k), all while you’re evading and taking reduced damage. The only weakness is that you need purge gyro or hgh to condi cleanse but theyre not great at that. Really there’s no weakness to scrapper. Very mobile, lots of defence, lots of damage and a ton of control and stability.

That being said I’ve seen a bunch of scrappers that didnt know what they were doing. I fought some that went down like nothing. It may just be that they were bad players cause I could land a full unrelenting assault on them. So maybe there’s something to it but it really feels like scrapper will be the new cele ele

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Engineer

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Previous

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Thanks for the solid feedback and spotting some unintended behaviors that I’ll be going over and modifying or changing, including things like the hammer autoattack aftercasts.

I’ll be checking what we can do on the AI side to help the appropriate gyros keep closer to you – this feedback and that rocket charge felt erratic are high on my list for today and tomorrow as modifying animation and AI can take a lot more work than other changes.

I’ll also thread in as many more easily implementable tweaks and bugfixes as I can (to several things like rocket charge being affected by movement-affecting boons and conditions). I’ll review gyro durations/recharge start times as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

Here is what i think:

- Gyros AI needs seriusly some fixes: i can understand offensive gyros to follow and move to the target or to the first enemy nearby,but not the support and defensive ones…

Bulwark Gyros,Medic Gyro and Sneak Gyro shuld always follow the engi,instead they randomly move away,following an enemy or a random deer passing by…and most of the time this Ai kittens up your play,because YOU are the one forced to follow up the gyros…In a pvp/wvw scenario gyros r just unreliable the way the act/move/follow ATM.

I was in EBG a while ago and with an other guy i tried to gank 2 other players…we used the Sneak Gyro to approach them BUT we couldnt even move in a straight line to our targets…the gyro went berzerker and started to zig zag all the way making a pain in the kitten mantaining the stealth… the last 2 meter it just decided to go ahead…“see ya”
Same thing goeas with Bulwark & Medic Gyro….really annoying.

Shredder Gyro…IMHO i think it takes too much for the whirls to start…

Scrapper trait line => Stabilization Core …doesnt work ive tried many times to get stability while using the gyros but nothing.

I love the ideas,i had fun playing a 100% melee engi,it was a totally different experience from what ive been playing since release.JUST FIX THE GYROS AI

ps: LOVED the gyros toolbelt so much utility!!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Scrapper trait line => Stabilization Core …doesnt work ive tried many times to get stability while using the gyros but nothing.

Only works for the function gyro.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Thanks for the solid feedback and spotting some unintended behaviors that I’ll be going over and modifying or changing, including things like the hammer autoattack aftercasts.

I’ll be checking what we can do on the AI side to help the appropriate gyros keep closer to you – this feedback and that rocket charge felt erratic are high on my list for today and tomorrow as modifying animation and AI can take a lot more work than other changes.

I’ll also thread in as many more easily implementable tweaks and bugfixes as I can (to several things like rocket charge being affected by movement-affecting boons and conditions). I’ll review gyro durations/recharge start times as well.

Thanks Irenio, this covers most of my concerns regarding the Scrapper. That’s great to hear you’re looking at these things.

Any word on Superspeed stacking or minor traits?

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Only works for the function gyro.

should work with all gyros :>

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: NEET.3296

NEET.3296

Most of the Hammer skill got way too long of a cast time. I think the block is about 1.5sec cast time which makes it feel very unresponsive when you need that block right away. Often time when I use the block for a big damage spike it is already too late or I’ll get interrupted.

The after cast on the leap skill is also too long and roots you for a bit. It did not feel very mobile while comparing it someone running with swiftness.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

You have the power to destroy GWEN in WvW

No serious thanks for the info, nice to see on what you are working at the moment, i bet you have much to do now with engi and ranger in the short time you get.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]