Beta Weekend Scrapper Feedback Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: SilvasRuin.5713

SilvasRuin.5713

I’ve been reading a lot of the posts here, which alerted me to issues I had not yet noticed on my own and lead me to doing more testing and a lot more thinking. I’m hoping I’m making the better choice by making a new post instead of continuing to edit my own.

In a perfect world, by my perspective anyways, the support gyros would be converted into visual representations for effects pulsing off the Engineer. This would eliminate issues with response time, pathing, getting overly punished by cleave, and general longevity. It would make the gyros reliable, which is much easier to balance on the Scrapper side of things as well.
Also in a perfect world (my perspective):
Superspeed would be reworked so that it stacks in duration and provides a bigger speed boost than Swiftness even when out of combat.
Combo finishers would prioritize the user’s own fields regardless of when the field was placed. The former would make the traits related to Superspeed more reliable and useful and the latter would make the benefits of Rocket Charge easier to control.
Whirl Finishers would aim at nearby enemies/allies instead of shoot off uselessly in random directions.

Of course, this is not a perfect world, Heart of Thorns is releasing too early, and quick-fixes are far more likely to be implemented in time. Maybe Irenio can get some bigger changes implemented some time after launch, but I get the feeling the company is resistant to any mechanical changes that could in any way be described as “significant,” which means we’re probably going to get stuck with the quick-fixes either permanently or for a long time. As such, I’ll try to make suggestions on how to make Scrapper feel good without requiring anything too major.

Here’s a few gyro improvements that should be easy to test without needing a large playerbase do so:

• The gyros need at least +25% base movement speed, to make them harder to leave behind. Blast Gyro can be made an exception.
  • The gyros need to have large enough AoEs to compensate for their sluggish response time while the Scrapper is on the move.
  • The gyros need to have enough health/armor to survive one or two cleaves from a Reaper with Berserker stats. I’m assuming gyro’s armor and health do not scale to the Scrapper’s, and they need to be able to survive at least a short time despite their complete inability to avoid AoE and cleave damage. This goes especially for the Bulwark gyro. When it takes AoE/cleaving damage, it isn’t actually doing its job. Gravedigger seems like a good reference point to me to keep gyros from being invalidated in any particular gamemode.
  • Seeing as how the Shredder Gyro itself is only particularly useful on a condi build (Scrapper and Engineer in general have plenty of sources of Vulnerability, making plopping this on a Lightning field redundant), I think it should be given some bleeding. Lacerations make sense, and it would be very difficult to choose the current Shredder Gyro over core condition skills even if whirl finishers weren’t bad. Speaking of, changing this thing to a projectile finisher would be an option for allowing it to be placed at a much safer distance at the cost of the Scrapper not benefiting directly from the field.
  • Sneak Gyro needs to be able to build up 10 seconds of Stealth in 5 seconds to compete with Shadow Refuge for PvE content, and even then Sneak Gyro is a far more significant liability than Shadow Refuge when used mid-run in PvE. Waiting any longer before a run feels really bad. All it takes is 3 seconds of stealth applied each second, and Shadow Refuge will remain competitive thanks to its greater versatility. You can drop the duration of Sneak Gyro to compensate.

I might make another post later with ideas on how the traits could be made to function and feel better, but I think this is a long enough read for now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krendor.3971

Krendor.3971

Bug Report

Scrappers are able to heal via swiftness but it doesn’t calculate on the Scrapper.

For some reason this is calculated on each client that gave the target swiftness instead of the Scrapper causing a ton of combat log spam and likely wasting of server resources to calculate something that should be in the Scrapper’s log.

It is likely referencing the buffs owner somewhere.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

i was hoping for a more easy straight forward damage elite with a shorter cooldown such as the warrior headbutt….to make use of effects that trigger off of elites more….all the engi elites are very situational…

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

My honest opinions running scrapper in WvW, with my current build for the most part only using Bulwark Gyro, then trying a full on gyro build.

Hammer is really good, seems like it needs some fixes though:

1. Rocket Charge evade seems to not work all the time, I’ll use it but still take AoE damage all of the time, and a few times I got feared mid skill too.

2. Shock Shield’s block doesn’t seem to work all the time as well. was fighting a hammer Revenant and while blocking I got knocked down by Drop The Hammer.

3. Thunderclap is a good skill though I think it should be a 2 second stun being its the big shot skill on the hammer.

Gyros:

I’ve used all the gyros, and they all suck pretty badly. Even the Function Gyro the so-called “elite mechanic” is terrible, and I’m not considering the bugs in that judgement.

1. Function Gyro is a good concept but poor execution. Having a ranged stomp/res while you can keep moving is good, making it a gyro is bad. Not sure if intended but it takes 6 seconds for it to finish, needs to be 3 in line with a player finish. 30 second CD is ridiculous for a class mechanic. Other classes get transforms or an extra dodge and changed dodge for damage even. For example a Druid in berserker armor can heal more than a cleric guardian.

IMO Function Gyro should have no CD but have a max of 2 out at once, like charges.
Also it should be able to finish someone while you the player are downed, say in a 1v1 you both go down you should be able to use F gyro to finish them.

2. All of the other gyros in general are bad, mainly because they are AI, they can’t follow for crap even in combat. They will die instantly, even in a 2v2. I’ve had function gyro killed during a 1v1 when I downed the guy, he auto-attacked it dead before it finished.

Feels like they really skimped on the utilities here, they kept hinting at “fuel” though its just a timer. I guess Glyph of Elementals for Ele’s are also on fuel. Either they need to make a real fuel type mechanic for gyros, or if they stay at 15 seconds make them immune to all damage and follow you so close the blades hit your helmet.

3. Blast Gyro Tag, probably the worst mainly because its way too counterable. First off you can use any evade/dodge to evade the tag and secondly even if you get hit you can do the same for the gyro itself. IMO this gyro should just hover around the target dropping bombs on them for duration.

4. Purge Gyro, not a terrible gyro in its uses, making it AI is its downfall really. It should pulse the cleanse AoE though, and make it a 1 or 2 second interval, 3 seconds is too long you can take 8k burn damage in that time alone.

5. Bulwark Gyro – good concept but being that its AI its following kinda stinks, and it takes damage. -50% damage is good, but it has low health and every time I’ve actually needed to take 50% less damage, when I pop it out I’m wondering where it is, then I realize oh its dead already. Anet’s reason was it should die instantly when used to protect 5 allies, but you’re not really protecting any damage if that’s the case because the gyro is probably taking its own damage from AoE/Cleave, and then its also taking 5 allies damage too, so if all allies got hit with a few thousand damage the gyro is dead instantly and the players barely get any benefit.

6. Shredder Gyro – Probably the worst skill in game honestly. Not even going to talk about this one because they should just think of another gyro and scrap (heh) this one.

7. Sneak Gyro – was actually decent, though its useless for anything but preparation. Can’t run away with it because it will show where you’re going, and it won’t even be able to keep up anyways as by the time I’ve been running 5 seconds its 2000 range away.

IMO should be 4 second’s every 1 second interval, and AI needs improved so it can follow you. Also for the self-destruct it needs to do no damage, what’s the point of using the stealth gyro if when you want it to go away it will reveal you, literally counter playing yourself for the enemy.

These are all my opinions. Been playing Engineer since launch and I’m pretty salty at the second-rate effort it seems was put into the mechanic and utilities.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

i was hoping for a more easy straight forward damage elite with a shorter cooldown such as the warrior headbutt….to make use of effects that trigger off of elites more….all the engi elites are very situational…

seems like you forgot about the mortar.
A good all-rounder with zero cd, able to keep all elite-triggers from runes on cd.
Not to forget that it’s extremely effective for wall-bombing, if you positioning yourself correctly & have snap-on-max-range activated. Heck, if there is a gap between a gate & its roof, I can fire straight trough it, hitting potential AC’s behind it.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I really like this suggestion though I think the fuel level should be something like 50 or even 100, gyros are meant to be pretty active all the time, even in current implementation (which I think is complete kitten/see my post page 6 feedback thread) they have a pretty high uptime.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zeick.2891

Zeick.2891

Short and simple: Gyro’s are too slow they either need to have the delay in their ai removed so they’re right on their owner, or have their movement speed changed to be higher then the scrappers so they can keep up(with swiftness/superspeed as well)

in Engineer

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

Chemical field shouldn’t exist, it’s really weak and not useful. Maybe change it to a stunbreak, since none of gyro has one.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Hammer
Hammer felt amazing fluid, very well combo making with fields + skill 3

Gyros
AI seemed to be lack the ability to keep up with the Scrapper Engineer (Basically because of the super speed we gained so much of, if we gain super speed I suggest the gyros gain super speed as well, perhaps a shared trait to for them to keep up?)

Biggest concern
The synergy between traitlines is fantastic and feels almost the best elite spec in terms of just SYNGERY but..

Its way too easy to stack might with scrapper-engineer traits, I suggest taking off the extra might stack with hammer skill 3, it feels extremely over powered to just Flamethrower + Superior Runes of Strength + using HGH too, we need to focus on something else on the traitline or change something up, give it a more versatility, I suggest changing HGH to (every elixir gives you +2% to boon duration or something similiar) We need to be able to work with all boons as well and not just might, way too many things stimulating the might boon alone.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

From my first look here the hammer is way too strong, damage wise. There is no skill that doenst deal a huge amount of damage, while providing combo fields, finishers and other additional things. This makes all skills feel kinda the same, a weapon should never consist of only huge dps skills that also provide additional effects. It feels like a spam everything randomly to win because the pure dps is much more valuable then the projectile reflect or the cc could ever be.

The Gyros feel a bit lackluster for the most part, i feel like the toolbelt skills are much better then the gyros by themself.

The traits are good, although too powerfull, especially rapid regenration is WAY too high on numbers for what is needed to get the benefits. Adaptive Armor is also too strong, Necromancer has a very similar skill that basicly is just a downgrade of this skill.

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

I had some fun with the Scrapper so far, but the Gyros can be pretty troublesome. The Hammer is an active melee skillset, while the gyros have to chase you around to keep up, so they’re better for an stationary artillery build. They’re more mobile than turrets, but not mobile enough.

I would recommend hard locking them to the player’s anchor point, not “AI locking them,” in that they sort of want to be near the player, and vaguely wander over to him as best they can, I mean that they will ALWAYS float at a specific position relative to the player.

Maybe Bulwark at 10 o’clock, Sneak Gyro at 2 o’clock, Purge at 8 o’clock, Medic at 5 o’clock, and every move you make, they move exactly relative to your position, as locked into you as that floating plant backpiece.

Jupp, this is what we’ve seen in the original HoT teaser.
This is what we hoped for, along with them being invulnerable to damage / condis.
I don’t mind if they have a low uptime, but I want to be able to use my utilities in the mids of combat, where all the AoE’s are on the ground & melt squishy targets.

So I would rework them like this:
- all gyros are immune to dmg
- all gyros are immune to cc/condis
-all gyros are locked to orbit your character. That includes direct sticking to us when we jump, leap & teleport.
- all gyros & their blow-up effects are insta-casts

Med-gyro:
10sec uptime, 15sec downtime == 25sec cd
- Heal us periodically for 800 every second
- Heal us & allies for 3k when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Purge-gyro:
12sec uptime, 13sec downtime == 25sec cd
- Clean 2 condis every 3 seconds
- Stunbreak & AoE transmute 3 condis on us & allies when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Shredder gyro:
10sec uptime, 20sec downtime == 30sec cd
- whirlfinish fields that we move trough and tick low melee dmg / 180 range
- Explode in a cloud of whirling scrap that deals medium AoE-dmg & dazes when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Bulwark gyro:
15sec uptime, 25sec downtime == 40sec cd
- AoE-buffs protection for us & allies every 3sec / 480 range
- Stunbreaks & AoE-buff 50% dmg reduction for 3 seconds when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Blast gyro:
15sec uptime, 15sec downtime == 30sec cd
AoE-buffs 150 power + fury for us & allies every 3 seconds / 480 range
AoE-knockbacks enemies, deals medium dmg & blast-finishes when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Sneak gyro:
12sec uptime, 48sec downtime == 60sec cd
-AoE buff stealth for 3sec every 3sec for us & allies / 480 range
-Buff stealth for 10sec for us when blown up or timed out / 480 range

Special notes on the sneak gyro:
- It is permanently revealed & still orbiting the player, so constantly giving away the engis position for other players. It will not aggro NPC’s
- It’s meant as group-support, to either allow safe-stomps & rezzes by allies, or get people to places so they can focus their fire, while drawing attention to the only remaining visible target on the field: us
- skillful play can include to activate it from behind walls / other obstruction to confuse enemies
- the last 10sec stealth are the solo elite part, that can be activated in opportune moments to get rid of all the subsequent AoE-hate from enemies, but also serves as replaced functionality if no allies is around & you simply want to get away / break LoS.

Class-mechanic, function gyro (renamed into emergency gyro):
30sec cd
-Automatically spawns a invulnerable gyro that moves to the closest downed ally (also can be ourselves) and starts rezzing. Blows itself up & AoE-heals for 3k in 480 range upon successful revival / if the target dies / after 15sec. Checks for downed allies once per second in a 480 range, only if the engineer is still in combat.

Trait changes:

- [Stabilization core] triggers on all gyros / 10sec ICD
- [Impact savant] influences daze
- [Final salvo] also triggers on gyro-timeouts & applies 1sec of AoE-daze to enemies in a 240 range.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I had some fun with the Scrapper so far, but the Gyros can be pretty troublesome. The Hammer is an active melee skillset, while the gyros have to chase you around to keep up, so they’re better for an stationary artillery build. They’re more mobile than turrets, but not mobile enough.

I would recommend hard locking them to the player’s anchor point, not “AI locking them,” in that they sort of want to be near the player, and vaguely wander over to him as best they can, I mean that they will ALWAYS float at a specific position relative to the player.

Maybe Bulwark at 10 o’clock, Sneak Gyro at 2 o’clock, Purge at 8 o’clock, Medic at 5 o’clock, and every move you make, they move exactly relative to your position, as locked into you as that floating plant backpiece.

This is what we hoped for, along with them being invulnerable to damage / condis.
I don’t mind if they have a low uptime, but I want to be able to use my utilities in the mids of combat, where all the AoE’s are on the ground & melt squishy targets.

-all gyros are locked to orbit your character. That includes direct sticking to us when we jump, leap & teleport.

Med-gyro:
toolbelt stays as is

Purge-gyro:
- Stunbreak & AoE transmute 3 condis on us & allies when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Shredder gyro:
- Explode in a cloud of whirling scrap that deals medium AoE-dmg & dazes when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Bulwark gyro:
- Stunbreaks & AoE-buff 50% dmg reduction for 3 seconds when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Blast gyro:
AoE-knockbacks enemies, deals medium dmg & blast-finishes when blown up or timed out / 480 range
toolbelt stays as is

Sneak gyro:

- It is permanently revealed & still orbiting the player, so constantly giving away the engis position for other players. It will not aggro NPC’s
- It’s meant as group-support, to either allow safe-stomps & rezzes by allies, or get people to places so they can focus their fire, while drawing attention to the only remaining visible target on the field: us
- skillful play can include to activate it from behind walls / other obstruction to confuse enemies
- the last 10sec stealth are the solo elite part, that can be activated in opportune moments to get rid of all the subsequent AoE-hate from enemies, but also serves as replaced functionality if no allies is around & you simply want to get away / break LoS.

30sec cd
-Automatically spawns a invulnerable gyro that moves to the closest downed ally (also can be ourselves) and starts rezzing. Blows itself up & AoE-heals for 3k in 480 range upon successful revival / if the target dies / after 15sec. Checks for downed allies once per second in a 480 range, only if the engineer is still in combat.

Trait changes:

- [Final salvo] also triggers on gyro-timeouts & applies 1sec of AoE-daze to enemies in a 240 range.

yea.. id take that without any complains cause this is relyable and usefull 10\10 Ireno look at this

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

After playing it a bit more i both SPVP and WvW there are other thoughts of mine:

Hammer

The AA needs a slight buff. I understand that the ability to get and mantain high amount of might stacks is a form of compensation for not having higher DPS. Keep in mind though that there are occasions in which 25 might stacks are reacheable and mantainable without ever using autoattack (SPVP HGH builds, WvW melee train builds thanks to Empowers, PvE dungeons thanks to Phalanx Strength) thus decreasing the already situational value of might stacking with AA.

Hammer #2 is good. Like very good. Nice DPS, awesome utility, short CD. It has a tiny radius that I’d like it to be increased (from 180 to 240) since it’s not that easy to hit things with this skill, but I can totally see why you would not want to do that.

Hammer #3 is rather problematic. On one hand it’s amazing, on the other hand, it’s clunky. The damage is, again, low-average, but no buffs are required since if you hit with all the three leaps it adds up. The point is that you rarely hit with all 3 leaps. It feels like the old Thieves’ S/D #3, which most of the times would just make you go further from the target instead of landing on it.
Also, pretty please, make the 3 leaps straights when having no targets. As it is now Rocket Charge does not feel useful as gap closer or gap opener since I could just walk straight forward and cover the same distance (without ending up stuck in wierd places).

Hammer #4 is wonderful. But my OCD has to speak: why 170 range and not 180? :P

Hammer #5 is another amazing skill, I’d like the CD to be lower since hammer-only, no-kits engineers might be a thing thanks to scrapper.

Gyros

I’ll be very straight-forward with the gyros feedback: they are kind of horrible. Generally speaking this is mostly beacuse they either die trying to follow you, or don’t follow you at all.

• Shredder Gyro does no damage and it’s barely useful. Toolbelt skill is nice, but I don’t feel like wasting an utility slot just for the toolbelt skill.
  • Bulwark Gyro dies too quickly to be reliable as “damage absorber” and it does NOT cast “watchful eye” immediatly after being summoned. Toolbelt is nice (seems bugged though, I for sure don’t seem to be reflecting projectiles for 5 fully seconds) but once again, I’m not going to take a gyro just for the toolbelt.
  • Purge Gyro, once again, dies too quickly. Toolbelt is meh.
  • Blast Gyro dies too quicly (I’m not gonna get tired to say it), it’s too slow, has a too long cast time, and after you launched the dart it still takes a few milliseconds for it to move. Toolbelt skill should have a bigger radius and be instant. It’s one of the “not gimmicky” way to reliably give superspeed to allies, super useful in WvW.
  • Medic gyro dies too qui…ok you got the point. Sometimes it just goes “whatever” and get away from the engineer. It should heal ME first, and THEN my allies.
  • Stealth Gyro is actually useful, since it’s instant cast 4s AoE stealth. It’s a shame that when it dies you get revealed but overall this is the only one worth to be taken.
Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

repost from the feedback thread:

Med-gyro:
toolbelt stays as is

Purge-gyro:
toolbelt stays as is

Shredder gyro:
toolbelt stays as is

Bulwark gyro:
toolbelt stays as is

Blast gyro:
toolbelt stays as is

Sneak gyro:

30sec cd

Trait changes:

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Hey all.

Now that the Beta Weekend is upon us and you’re able to try out the Scrapper, please post your constructive feedback here.

Sneak me in =(

in Engineer

Spleen.7836

Function gyro should work when you are downed to rez yourself or stomp the enemy. It should also work when you are incapacitated

in Engineer

Posted by: Kenfucius.5897

Kenfucius.5897

In terms of PVP (main test in pvp, some pve, some dmg calc in HotM)

Hammer: Overall I think its ok in terms of its skills. Aa could get a small buff b/c you are melee. There is only like 1 problem specifically for me

Problem: Hammer 3 is a problem. I fly off cap points or can only proc finisher on 1st leap. I was hoping to proc on all
Solution: make it like warrior leap maybe?

Function Gyro: Overall interesting concept but it lacks luster, I actually find myself not noticing I activated the function gyro.

Problem: For PVP, if target moves away, say ele mist form, the gyro hovers there then self destructs…=(
Solution: Allow the gyro to move towards the target and try to kill the target a second time.

Problem: Useless in PVE.
Solution: allow it maybe to go do some gathering. (I’m not sure if it can rez double down, but if it can do that…that’ll be cool too)

Utility Gyro: great idea, love the design. I just don’t find it useful in pvp as much…. The daze on destruction is nice however but on a 30 sec cd? I don’t know =/ it reminds me of guardian spirit weapons which…yeah…ppl don’t use.

Problem: Very slow, the gyros stop to cast a heal or purge that will never hit b/c the player is always several steps away.
Solution: gyros match caster’s movement speed. Maybe speed up gyro casting animation.

Problem: CD and duration. I can only really use these cool stuff every 30 sec. and they die easily. If say 1 of them survive, it’d still die from duration and I still have to way for 30 sec.
Solution: alternative fuel based idea is one idea that ppl have been asking for. I would love that because I really wish the gyros will float around inactively that’d be sooooo cool! Another would be to start the CD right when use not when it is destroyed. Also have a trait that lowers CD.

also not going to bother talking abt the health issues for gyros b/c so many ppl have talked abt it already. If it becomes a fuel source kinda like rev energy that’d be good but I honestly don’t think that’ll happen…sadly…

Seriously, if Anet can allow inactive gyros float around that’d give gyros that cool aesthetic.

(edited by Kenfucius.5897)

in Engineer

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

Mass Momentum does not convert 10% toughness into power, it converts about 6%

Hammer AA feels clunky, slow.
Hammer 3# also feels clunky and doesn’t hit the target 3 times when they move.
It has the same pause as daredevil did after each dodge in BWE2 thus making it a poor escape/chase skill.
Heal Gyro is fairly nice others are “meh” by comparison.
Stealth gyro has no place in wvw/pvp but is nice in pve
Final Salvo: could use a bonus 20% CD reduction on gyros to make the trait worth while.
Recovery Matrix: This trait triggers twice with healing turret once when placed and 2nd time when overcharged.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Mass Momentum does not convert 10% toughness into power, it converts about 6%

Hammer AA feels clunky, slow.
Hammer 3# also feels clunky and doesn’t hit the target 3 times when they move.
It has the same pause as daredevil did after each dodge in BWE2 thus making it a poor escape/chase skill.
Heal Gyro is fairly nice others are “meh” by comparison.
Stealth gyro has no place in wvw/pvp but is nice in pve
Final Salvo: could use a bonus 20% CD reduction on gyros to make the trait worth while.
Recovery Matrix: This trait triggers twice with healing turret once when placed and 2nd time when overcharged.

Shhhh!

:P

in Engineer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

After playing a fair bit, my feedback is probably not all that new, but here we go:

Hammer: Not always that smooth, but generally good. Rocket charge needs to not charge off cliffs OR ALTERNATIVELY use the rockets to return to the cliff reliably that would be pretty cool. Can we cast rocket charge from a glider? Why not?

Gyros… generally a bit clunky and/or underpowered.
Blast gyro: appears unable to crit, which severely limits its uses. It’s also very hard to hit with, NPCs can “dodge” it by simply walking away. At minimum, I think this should hit multiple times (sorta like thief shortbow 2) so people need to double dodge if it actually manages to arrive. If it hits hard enough, we’ll also find a way to lock someone down (but that requires at least 6k damage imo – it’s competing with things like grenade barrage or even minefield)

Friendly gyros in general: Bad at keeping up with you, making them lackluster… additionally, the heal just doesn’t seem like it can be good with a 45 second cooldown. The one engis actually take has 15-20 (even with AMR!) and many traits work much better with that.

Shredder gyro: Uh… didn’t seem to stack much of any condition to me, really have no idea how to make this do something useful. Did anyone find some perfect setup where it melts things?

Function gyro: In pve, pretty average – why can’t it res dead players? It also regularly wandered off instead of resing or simply died, meaning it was useful around 1 in 10 times I wanted it.

Traits: They sound good, but I rarely noticed them in PvE. This may be the result of trying to get damage out of them. The hammer + evade stability trait seems a bit underpowered with it only lasting 3 seconds… doesn’t compare well to the revenant minor trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: foxwazy.2586

foxwazy.2586

I like the scrapper so far but when using gyro’s it feels unfinished.

All gyro’s that follow the player need a tighter leash on the play. Enough so we can summon wile running and change direction all wile staying in the area of effect. Also they should ignore all npc/enemies.

Function gyro would be great if it worked like ‘’Search and Rescue’’ with 1200 range. You get a prompt on screen if there is a downed player in range ( F to res/finish). This solves 2 issues I have. 1 clicking a player can be difficult through groups of players. 2 I never know if I’m in range or not
maybe function gyro could be visible floating around the payer when ready to use just not target-able. This will stop us having to look at our hot bar to see if its ready also will look great Once activated it shadowsteps/teleport’s to the target.

My Idea for Bulwark gyro. Lower the amount of damage it migrates from player so it between 10% – 33%. Remove or increase duration and Increase the HP. Would feel like a mobile protection banner.

Medic and Purge Gyro’s having both health and a duration feels too much. If they have health please can we have them smart enough to move out of aoe’s and try and avoid enemies. 15 seconds it way to short.

Blast gyro’s F skill “Bypass Coating” feels like it should be a stun break for those effected.

Traits imo look good, I would like to see mass momentum have a higher % value like the old trait had but it depends on the pay-off form having the might.

hammer if fun and damage is good. Like every one else has said AA is a bit slow.

overall great job the scrapper will be fun to use when HOT comes out. I only listed the things I feel need changes to get to the point there is a lot of great things about scrapper I didnt mentioned to save time.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Small suggestion for Bypass Coating.

- Increase super speed duration to 5 seconds.
- Instant cast time.
- 5 stacks of stability for 5 seconds for nearby allies.
- Break stun for yourself and nearby allies.

Now we have a stunbreaker and a way to support frontline.

Bypass Coating

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

From a PvP perspective:

Rocket Charge:

Would be much more pleasant if it would not always leap max range.

The skill will miss 2 of 3 hits vs a moving target, 1 of 3 vs a stationary target, which isn’t particularly fun.

The skill will leap outside of a field, resulting in only 1 of 3 hits applying a leap finisher, which isn’t particularly fun.

Reducing damage to compensate for chance of landing 3/3 hits would be an acceptable option if necessary.

Function Gyro:

Desperately needs a more obvious visual tell on summon.

Desperately needs a more obvious tell while stomping.

Currently it is better to assume the Gyro doesn’t exist, as you cannot tell what it is doing or where it is during a hectic team rez/stomp situation. This isn’t fun at all.

Impact Savant:

Seems a little odd to have +25% stun duration on this minor trait, given Thunderclap is only a 1 second stun, and our only other stun is on supply crate.

Obviously this last one is an extremely minor concern.

Generally I’m loving the ideas with Scrapper, if the AI on the bots is fixed and their health massively buffed, the spec is looking solid. Nice work Irenio & the team, thankyou all.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in Engineer

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well for having playing scrapper i feel:

Gyros are too weak, they are useless outside there tool belt skill.
Scrapper is too squishy. For having played Reaper and Revenant i feel very squishy with scrapper.
Rocket charge need some fix, dodge and distance.
Maybe add a blast finisher for last auto attack hammer or make it work with explosive trait line.
Synergy on trait are wonderfull and flamethrower is amazing.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Engineer

Spleen.7836

As someone already said, sneak gyro follow enemies and try to attack them instead of providing stealth. The AI from Spirit weapons was probably left on this one

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Delete the golem icon of Expert Examination. This trait doesn’t have an ICD, so there is no need for us to have this icon to show it is “ready”. And there is no need to warn our enemy we are using this trait. Why is it a golem icon anyway?

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

a few things:

1) Gyros don’t follow well. Find a way to improve this.
2) Gyro’s have the same problem as many pets, tanky enough for 1v1, but crumble in team fights. Make them invulnerable, but keep the duration. We don’t need two drawbacks on our gyros. If not invulnerable, make them take 0 direct damage, so they can still be cced and condi bombed. This should make them viable in team fights.
3)Purge gyro needs to aoe cleanse like healing gyro. The healing gyro is interesting, and could use a slight bump, or change to its cooldown interaction, but it is worth using at times, I can’t say the same for purge gyro. Make it aoe cleanse, give it a bigger radius, or something. (this is on top of all gyros sticking better and being immune to direct damage)
4) Hammer 1: Increase damage by about 15-20%. I doubt it will be worth using otherwise.
5) Hammer 2: Make this skill activate more rapidly. The reflect needs a better response time.
6) Hammer 3: I don’t have a suggestion, but it needs to be less buggy. So all three hits connect unless a person moves out of range (400 yards) or dodges. This needs to be more reliable for triggering leap finishers as well. I find I often only get 1 finisher on a field where it looks like I should get 2.
7) Hammer 4: Again, better response time. The skill should block instantly. Maybe change the skill to block right away, and release a single massive burst after the block. This would make it less affected by retal (which is a problem for most engie builds) and easier to counterplay. On the plus side, the skill will be better defensively, and can surprise someone better with burst.
8) Shredder gyro should return to its initial position if it gets cced. Knocking it ot of a field is too easy. Perhaps also reduce its active time, but keep the same number of whirls.
9) Bulwark needs about 2k more hp and 500-800 more toughness.
10) kamikaze gyro (I’ll call it) needs another mechanic. I suggest that it knock aside any foes it encounters on its way to its target. Like a focused bull. Just a small sideway knockback. Also, shorten the delay between reaching a target and detonating. (this seems like a possible bug though, as it can varry a lot in its response time)
11) Superspeed needs to stack.

These are the things that stood out most to me.

(edited by Loboling.5293)

in Engineer

Posted by: Yid.3024

Yid.3024

I’m gonna skip Hammer #3 and Gyro(including F-gyro) complaints, since pretty much everyone already told you what I think as well.

Using hammer #2 as a reflect was a bit too finicky, even compared to flamethrower#3 which is also a one second-ish reflect. I don’t know, maybe it’s because the area of effect is much smaller? Or maybe flamethrower #3 is slightly longer than 1 second? I couldn’t quite pin the reason down, but the result felt a bit unpredictable.

Traits I’m noticing a lot of ‘required’ synergies, which limits build flexibility a lot and makes traits underwhelming on their own.

All three minor traits feel a bit underwhelming, I wish they did either more noticeable/exciting or less situational things.
Shocking Speed radius could be bigger. Also, given we don’t get a lot of lightning field without Final Salvo, ICD + stacking restriction + short duration feels a bit too much.
Rapid Regeneration is good but almost requires Shocking Speed and/or Final Salvo for half of the trait effect to work. Maybe shocking speed could be merged into this trait with lower superspeed healing value so it’s more self sufficient, and the entire traitline will be more flexible.
Decisive Renown is way too situational with uninteresting payoff. It could be merged with something else, or even if it was flat out deleted I don’t think people will notice much. That’s bad. Forgettable and unnoticeable is worse than a trait everyone wants improved.
Expert Examination is very good, but is held back by Hammer #3 unreliability. I kinda wish this to affect other forms of CCs as well, since we have a lot of those, but maybe that’s a bit much? I think it could work if you cut back on weakness duration.
Impact Savant, we don’t have that many skills that stun, and 25% increase is kinda unnoticeable as well. Again, maybe you can make this affect more forms of CCs (daze is an obvious one)
Final Salvo just needs to do more, right now it feels like a mere fodder for other trait synergies, and doesn’t feel good by itself. Also, all of the benefits being loaded on gyro death makes it proc at unpredictable times, unless you pop all your gyros immediately after casting.
Perfectly Weighted I personally would prefer longer lasting stability with less stacks, but maybe that’s just me. Hammer damage increase is nice, if a bit unexciting.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I only played Scrapper for 90 minutes or so in open world PVE:

• Function Gyro useless (at least in open world PVE)
  • Hammer skills are decent, felled less powerful than pistol (main weapon for my Engi) but looking at the skills that is only a feeling because they are not bad. Skill 3 is nice, skill 5 more useful than the shield skill 5 in open world PVE. Auto attack isn’t bad. Didn’t use skill 2 and 4 much, but I need more experience with the Hammer to determine why.
  • Gyro skills are decent, but I don’t see me using them for my utility skills

Scrapper is one of those elite specializations that is very situational. The fact that it locks one of the trait lines is for me a weakness (as it is for most elite specializations). The trait line isn’t that good if you don’t use Hammer and Gyro’s.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

hammer 2 just gives 1 whirl finisher projectile, that’s way too low and should be improved
and give shredder gyro more projectiles too, if it is standing inside of an enemy it just can hold 4 stacks of a conditions…. that’s too low for all downsides

it is destroyable, can be reflected and just pushed away from the combo field
make it like a little version of old tom. (not THAT much projectiles but you get the idea).

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Engineer

Posted by: SamuelV.7486

SamuelV.7486

First of all, great job anet for the scrapper. Really like to feel of it.

But like many others have said:
- Gyros are not very useful and the AI is bad
- Hammer is AWSOME but rocket charge is a bit clunky
- Traits are fine, it is kinda hard to say anything right now. We need more time to test builds against other classes.
- Function gyro is very slow to stomp in PvP, it’s not useful since people can reset before it does manage to stomp.
- Function gyro is not very useful for PVE.

What I would like to see/suggest :
- Make sneak/purge/bulwark/heal gyros so they stick on you instead of acting like an AI
- Make blast gyro act like projectile more then like AI
- See Chaith’s post about function gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Ackzar.9156

Ackzar.9156

Overall Scrapper was a fun specialization, and I enjoyed myself while playing it, which at the end of the day is the most important part imo.

The hammer and gyro’s felt clunky. Hammer has some cast time/ after cast that makes rotation overall weird. Gyro’s are slow and you have to stop to wait for them, but as you stop, they stop. So that doesn’t really feel good at all(especially with sneak gyro…). If the the cast time and after cast on the hammer skills are dealt with I think it’s in a good position. Damage wise I think it’s okay.

The biggest problem for me personally was that I never found a place for the hammer in my rotations. I’m so used to just camp on kits, and never use rifle. Suddenly having the option of a decent weapon to swap to felt so abnormal. Trying to use some elixirs and gyros to force myself to switch to hammer. This is of course a problem from my side. I haven’t gotten enough time to get used to the Scrapper and haven’t discovered my optimal rotations yet.

TL;DR Overall good job with scrapper, make the Hammer skills a bit more fluid, decrease cast time and after cast time

in Engineer

Posted by: Gringo.2163

Gringo.2163

It seems to me that Sigil of Paralization do not prolong the stun duration on hammer skill 5* and also on Supply crate. thx

in Engineer

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

Ran a Scrapper with PVT build and used the gyros. Used Scrapper in Verdant Brink, PVP, Southsun. The Hammer worked well, I would start off with #3 jumping to the enemy, pound them with auto attack then swapped to Flamerthrower and burned them down. Had decent damage and sustain. I liked the Hammer.

Gyros – really need more work. Didn’t stay up long enough, cool down was a little too long, micromanaging them while in PVP was bothersome. The Stealth Gyro did not keep up well, but did provide a long stealth time. Less micromanaging of the gyros would be better in my opinion.

I see the Scrapper being used in PVP, WVW, PVE….some limited application in Dungeons for the stealth replacing thief.

Definitely need to tweak the gyros more.

in Engineer

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

i wish developers focus more on the unique abilities that the scrapper bring to the table compared to the other frontline classes , right now the scrapper brings nothing to the tablet compared to a guardian or a warrior , those classes surpass by far the utility that a scrapper can bring right now , super spd it’s not a thing u barely notice the effect .

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

i wish developers focus more on the unique abilities that the scrapper bring to the table compared to the other frontline classes , right now the scrapper brings nothing to the tablet compared to a guardian or a warrior , those classes surpass by far the utility that a scrapper can bring right now , super spd it’s not a thing u barely notice the effect .

Super speed is really effective in zergs the problem is it doesn’t stack.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

I must be the only person who doesn’t mind the speed of the sneak gyro. Yes it is a bit slow and its ai is kitten y. But I feel the speed is what balances it.

When you knock a thief out of SR he’s revealed and can’t go back in stealth. If your gyro is killed you remain in stealth until it times out unless the explosion reveals you. I feel the slowness of the gyro is there to force us to choose between defence or offense. If you want to stay stealthed or setup for an attack you should stay within range, if you want to be super speeding about and maneuvering in a fight then you shouldn’t have perma stealth. Yes the gyro is visible and gives you away but it doesn’t exactly give your position away, just a rough estimate.

It is a fun mechanic but I don’t think the aim of the gyro was to be a moving SR. I’ve found it quite useful in it’s current setup as it disrupts fights. With the hammer i’m rather close to my enemies and the constant pulsing of stealth kind of bewilders them a bit as they lose target a lot xP.

Do fix the AI though, they’re a bit hive mind like. Especially if the stealth one chooses to attack they all follow.

in Engineer

Posted by: YoukiNeko.6047

YoukiNeko.6047

Hammer:

1. is too slow, the might is nice but maybe add some vulnerability on the second strike?
  2. increase the number of impacts to 3
  3. is way to random. It can be replaced with straight jump with leap finisher at the start and a blast finisher at the end.
  4. increase the block to 3s.

Gyros:
Don’t like them. Tried using them, but they are just useless. The toolbelt fields are the only good thing about them. Maybe replace the gyros with the toolbelt skills and increase the duration of the fields.

Function Gyro is just annoying. Most of the time missing the target, or dying before getting close to it.

Can we replace superspeed with quickness? This way we will be actually useful in parties.

Overall 3/10 it’s just not worth it.

P.S. Did we get the worst animations from all specs?

(edited by YoukiNeko.6047)

in Engineer

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

Ok as a main Engi I guess i’ll post my feedback of the scrapper as well.

Hammer:
- Electro whirl. very cool and effective skill nothing to say here, it just works wonders.

- Rocket Charge seems to be a nice skill. However as a gap closer it moves you just as fast as someone running with swiftness, so I suggest making it faster. Plus after the last leap, you can’t move for like 0,5 a second which is very annoying.
The 3 leaps are way too random even if I have a target and standing in front of an enemy it can leap the opposite way. And the evade is not effective enough since it doesn’t last the entirety of the skill.

- Shock shield is nice but the block is only things in front of you, whcih I kinda get since it does dmg and vuln as well, so not complaining there.
– Thunderclap. The stun duration seem a bit too low otherwise good.
– The AA aftercast is very slow and clunky, and kinda cripples the otherwise decent cleave.

Gyros:

- The AI is not good enough!!!. They HAVE to keep up with the players movements. I suggest dropping the AI crap. And just lock gyro’s to be at a certain distance on the engi the whole time. I’m tired of stopping every 3rd second so my gyro’s can keep up.

- The HP. Yes as we all knew it the gyro’s are being blown up within 2-3 seconds, thus preventing them to be of any use, either ramp up the HP and armor alot, or make them invuln. Otherwise they will never see the light of day, and no one will use them.

- The CD should start when summoned NOT when destroyed. It’s not fair that the CD start after they are destroyed( I know they die within 2 sec but cmon!)

- Bulwark Gyro. Nothing wrong with the idea of this except one crucial thing. It takes 3 sec before you get the 50% dmg reduction. NOPE not good enough, it must be instant when activated. Plus it’s HP as mentioned. And if it does have HP it should be much tankier than the other Gyro’s

- Purge Gyro. The same as Bulwark gyro it takes 3 sec before it does anything, plus it’s 2 condi cleanse is 1 target only. Yeah again not cutting it. It needs a condi cleanse on activation, at least on the engi. Then afterwards it should give AOE condi cleanse every 3 sec.

- Shredder Gyro. I like this one but I think it’s dmg is a bit too low, and again it dies withing seconds. And since you deploy it on the ground permanently it should not take dmg at all.

- Blast Gyro. Wow is this one annoying. First of for a single targeted 30 sec attack. It doesn’t do anyway near enough. Plus it has a tendency of blowing up at mobs/players, in front of my target, and otherwise has a mind of it’s own. And again it dies way too easily, as an attack it should be able to take dmg.

- Medic Gyro. a nice heal But the application of the aoe regen withing it’s field isn’t really cutting it. I like the idea that you have to be withing it’s aoe circle to get it’s heal. But when it can’t keep up or even stay on the engi. It loses it’s viability. And the total aoe heal is no where near the healing turret.

- Sneak Gyro. Again the stealth is nice, but it can’t keep up. And the fact that it doesn’t stealth it self makes it useless despite the argument that it needs a counter. It’s dumb and ruining the base idea of stealth. If you don’t want it to be able to permastealth, then simply just let it pulse 4 sec of aoe stealth 2-3 times every 3 sec. and that’s it. That gives plenty of USEFULL stealth without it being to strong.

- Funtion Gyro. I think putting this 30 sec ranged stomp/ress as our unique mechanic is a bit of a joke. To me it seems more like a grandmaster trait. Than and actual unique mechaninc. It’s kinda flavorless and meh, although it might see some use in Raids, we’ll see. it seem to have better use in PvP.
But the skill itself is again just not cutting it. It shoudn’t take dmg. although I like that it can be cc’ed. The stomp itself takes 4-8 seconds depending on the mood it’s in. And it sometimes just stands there, not knowing what to do. It’s horrendously slow and useless. The ress is a bit better but then again it dies withing seconds even from 1-2 mobs. PLus the 30 sec CD seem a bit too much for a simple stomp/ress mechainc althoug it’s ranged.

- The Gyro’s self destruct. It’s very boring that they do the exact same thing (aoe daze) nothing wrong with that. It just takes 2-3 sec. before it does that, make it instant plz. I would have hoped for some unique differenses or specific effect other than just the daze. For intanced purge gyro aoe condi cleanse or small heal. Or bulwark gyro, aoe protection or stab nothing to crazy ofc. just a little something usefull. I dunnno just something that makes sense instead of them all doing the same thing.

As for the toolbelt skills. They are all wonderfull!!! but why oh why haven’t you made the gyro’s so as well. They are currently the only reason, to even consider taking the gyro’s.

- The traits. Not alot to say there I like them alot. But there does seems to be limited choices between some of them. But i guess we’ll have to see with the raids and other content. And the minor traits aren’t good enough compared to others minor traits.

To sum it up.

- The hammer is awesome, minor things to change otherwise good.
- The Gyro’s need ALOT of work, it’s just not good enough.
- Traits also prett awesome, maybe some tweaking or alteration with the minor traits.

Most of what I have said has probably been said by many others. But the more the merrier I guess. And we need to voice our opinions, if we are to have any chance of making this elite specc awesome!

(edited by Theonord.6359)

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I found Scrapper to be amazing as wvw roamer. Now, not everything about scrapper is but the things that are really get the job done.

The hammer is obviously the best thing.
AA damage is not that important since you won’t be using it that often unless you’re really out of skills and trying to cleave a group of players trying to res their friend.
Skill 2 does crazy damage, I think it hits twice and it was mostly around 5-6k with zerker gear.
Rocket charge is kinda clunky until you get used to it being that way, it’s just as unpredictable for you as it is for the enemy, making them waste their dodges and gicing you a guaranteed hit, damage isn’t bad, around 2-3k per hit.
Skill 4 is an aftercast block, hard to use properly but ultimately saved me multiple times, good damage too.
Thunderclap is amazing, drop it like you would a supply crate and rocket charge in, people will have no idea what’s got to them.

I didn’t try the gyros much as they don’t sound interesting AT ALL to me, only sneak gyros seems to work great since it’s an instant stealth and if it manages to stick around you during a fight, you’ll pop in and out of stealth pretty much like a thief except good.

Function gyro is your best friend in an outnumbered situation, no need to secure your stomps with this little guy, he does it for you.

(edited by Krag.6210)

in Engineer

Posted by: hellsmonument.4852

hellsmonument.4852

I will provide feedback on the hammer and traitline, seeing as the gyros have been covered very extensively, from a PVP standpoint

Hammer

1.Autoattack chain: Autoattack needs a bit of a damage buff, as it stands it is less effective than toolkit autoattack, which is almost never used . There is also a bit of lag between the autoattacks, as opposed to the toolkit #1 where the chain is fluid. Lastly, the +damage scales very poorly with additional power from might stacks, why is that?

2.Electro whirl: executes only one whirl finisher when I think it was supposed to be two, the damage and cooldown on it are both very good, reflect does not work for the entire duration of the whirl ?

3.Rocket charge: You’re almost bound to miss one of the hits, particularly the second one, which goes off in a totally different direction to where your target is , even if it is stationary , it also seems quite sporadic in which direction this skill will send you flying. As a result, it is hard to land most of the burst or combo finish with this reliably in hammer #5 since the lightning field on it is quite small. When giving chase , there seems to be a pause before you can move again after you land your final leap, which is counterproductive.

4.Rocket charge: the casting animation is 1 3/4 seconds but the block duration is 2, also this only blocks frontal attacks, perhaps that is intended, otherwise solid skill.

5.thunderclap: given this is pretty much our only stun in a supposed ‘lockdown’ build, perhaps it should last a bit longer. otherwise its a solid skill, i wish it was more reliable to combo finish in it with #3

overall: generally an ok weapon, the damage on anything but the autoattack is good. some polish is required in terms of mechanics to make this a viable weapon.

traits:

minor traits: function gyro does not work so reliably but this was covered in earlier posts, impact savant’s offensive component is lackluster given the only stun we have is on hammer 5.. or shield or supply crate… either way these are very short stuns and 25% increase is not much at all, perhaps change this into stun and daze durations, or up the stun duration %.

adept traits: These get the job done and seem to be well thought out.

master traits:Rapid regeneration values are a bit low, they also dont seem to go up with the addition of healing power. e.g. 470×3 hp every time you get super speed on 10sec cd is akin to one leap finisher in a water field…which is sort of ok but not really that rapid. swiftness value is lower than backpack regen, nothing too powerful. the other two traits are great.

GM traits: Adaptive armor is really powerful. Final salvo seems ok for those who use gyros but I am not sure how impactful it is especially when you can pick one of the other two. perfectly weighted seems fine.

(edited by hellsmonument.4852)

in Engineer

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

Please for the love of all that is holy turn off the Sneak Gyro running off to attack things. It’s bad enough that it can’t follow you properly in the first place, let alone it not even appyling stealth because it ran off to fight something.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

Just some feedback:

• more fluid rocket charge animation
  • gyros that stick to the engi
  • gyros explode and daze when they expire under any circumstances (similar to turrets)
  • give the function gyro a minimum range so I have the option to stomp or rez an ally myself.
  • impact savant to effect daze duration (both incoming and outgoing).

Other than that I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Drengarblar.1240

Drengarblar.1240

I feel like the Hammer in general is great. Although the AA feels a little weak damage wise, and Rocket charge feels clunky and the zig zag pattern is a bit too much.

The Gyros are terrible. AI is horrible, they fly all over the place and the health is very weak.

Spectral Legion Gaming [SL]

in Engineer

Posted by: Pimpi.7843

Pimpi.7843

1.) The Juggernaut effects are srsly poor on the class, even worse than warrior. it would be really great if the skills would get some animation changes with the juggenaut.

2.) Rocket Charge. i think it feels a bit clunky and in pvp it’s pretty hard to hit, since it can be simply sidestepped. so to make it more comfortable to use it would be great if you could use the skill 3 times and have always one leap, instead of pressing it once and go to nirvana with it and not sticking to the target it should hit.

3.) Electro whirl doesn’t feel like it’s working well, since i get dmg against projectiles while casting it.

4.) the gyros don’t feel like to have a real use when using them, instead of other skills. so you will find better options for the different gyros

in Engineer

Posted by: imMB.3258

imMB.3258

hammer is fun, one thing i would change is swiftnes (or super speed) insted of might on auto atack.

and gyros…. rly like idea behind bulwark gyro, but rest is just usless.

in Engineer

Posted by: RollFzzlbeef.4092

RollFzzlbeef.4092

the sad truth is, there is nothing that scrapper brings that warrants giving up kits. Everything the gyros do, kits do better, with lower cooldowns, and actual control of the where and when.

if you’ve got rifle equipped, Aim assisted rocket has better tracking than the gyro does.

I just..I want this class to be good, but in the end, we got a hammer out of the deal and little else.

Edit: why can’t function gyro revive the engi?

Rip and Tear

(edited by RollFzzlbeef.4092)

in Engineer

Posted by: LockeLiefather.1085

LockeLiefather.1085

Playing scrapper feels a lot like: http://9gag.com/gag/axGPYyD

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Please don’t fix Stealth Gyro. The bug is making it work better than intended.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

the scrapper need more ways to gain stability.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]