Bomb heal question.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

For the trait that allows you to heal with bombs, is it based solely on healing power or does the amount of damage the bomb would do normally determine the amount it heals for?

I’m levling my engineer (currently only 44) and I was looking at a 0/30/30/0/10 build for when I make lvl 80. Just not sure how well the bomb heals work. Any help would work out great! Thanks!

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The bomb heal is based 100% on healing power. It doesn’t scale that great, but it’s decent especially if you use it alongside kit refinement/super elixir and healing turret.

There are some stats threads on it—off the top of my head I believe it’s something like 175 health per bomb with no extra healing gear (besides the traitline, of course) up to 300 or so with healing power gear. So, not gamechanging, but if you put everything you have into healing power and healing skills, you can probably dish out somewhere around 800-900 health per second to your party.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

Thanks that actually helps a lot!

I was planning on using the heal turret, elixir gun, flamethrower, and bomb kit with cleric armor and trinkets. Valkyrie gems in the trinkets and I’m still deciding on runes. I’m thinking 3 water/3 monk for the boon duration so that might with the flame thrower lasts longer. Earth and air sigils on my pistols.

I think about this stuff at work. I get really bored. :P

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

The heal in full exotic clerics gear and every healing traits is 270 per bomb so I dont think you will ever reach 800-900 hps using bombs. Its tech not even 270 per sec since bombs don’t instantly go off when placed down.

You can however get some good healing with bombs and double super elixers.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I just started using a soldiers stats (power/vit/tough) build for a tanky/melee/bomb fun time. I found I get like 80 heal per bomb with all heal gear. I found I got alot more bang for my buck using something that negated more damage, or caused alot more damage.

That is just my take on it though.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

The heal in full exotic clerics gear and every healing traits is 270 per bomb so I dont think you will ever reach 800-900 hps using bombs. Its tech not even 270 per sec since bombs don’t instantly go off when placed down.

270 per bomb was pre- or post-patch? I ask because we get an extra 179/180 Healing Power from weapons now.

I just started using a soldiers stats (power/vit/tough) build for a tanky/melee/bomb fun time. I found I get like 80 heal per bomb with all heal gear.

80 with full healing gear? What level are you and which zone were you in? When was this data from?

Thanks that actually helps a lot!

I was planning on using the heal turret, elixir gun, flamethrower, and bomb kit with cleric armor and trinkets. Valkyrie gems in the trinkets and I’m still deciding on runes. I’m thinking 3 water/3 monk for the boon duration so that might with the flame thrower lasts longer. Earth and air sigils on my pistols.

I think about this stuff at work. I get really bored. :P

1. I don’t see the synergy of having Valkyrie and Cleric together. You don’t have much Crit Chance for the Crit Damage from Valkyrie to be effective.

2. As far as we know, on-crit effects from Sigils share cooldowns, so your Sigil of Earth and Sigil of Air will never trigger at the same time, and Sigil of Air procs will cause Sigil of Earth to also be on cooldown for 5s. Furthermore, with only the 300 Condition Damage from traits, Sigil of Earth is hardly worthwhile.

(edited by Ojimaru.8970)

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Right, I guesstimated that number based on using bombs, 1 super elixir, and constant regen from healing turret all at the same time. They all stack with each other, so theoretically we could make a pretty sweet melee party healer.

Coglin is right, though—the scaling on healing power is pretty bad. With no healing on gear, you should be able to still lay down about 600 healing per second using everything. So, do you want to sacrifice 1/3 of your stats for an extra 300 hps? Probably not. Just take the extra vitality or precision…

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Ojimaru.8970

Doing some quick spreadsheet calculations using data from the Wiki.

In full exotic Cleric’s, Magi’s or Apothecary’s, total Healing Power is 1646.

Regeneration, at a base of 130 and ratio of 0.128, heals for about 341 per second.

Excluding the impact heal, Super Elixir has a base of 140 and ratio of 0.1, therefore heals for about 305 per second.

Elixir-infused Bombs is estimated to have a base of 146 and ratio of 0.1, so heals for 311 per bomb. Assuming Bombs explode at 1.00s intervals and time between Bomb casts is 0.25s, after the initial Bomb, Bombs explode at 0.75s intervals if you spam #1. In other words Bombs heal for 414 per second.

All together, that’s 1365 hp/s for 10s after including the extra Super Elixir from Kit Refinement, or thereabouts since I’m neglecting the time to switch from Elixir Gun to Bomb Kit and the free Bomb that drops from Kit Refinement.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maullus.1273

Maullus.1273

Maullus

Elixir-Infused Bomb Heal = 0.1x + 145.6

Where x is Healing Power, and the character is level 80.

I couldn’t test this out anywhere but the Heart of the Mists, and I’m not saying it is a perfect model, but it appears to be accurate to within 1% for a level 80 character, within a range of healing power from 300 to 1400. I encourage folks to test it out beyond that range and see if it holds.

A few things I did notice:
1) The healing from Elixir-Infused bombs appears to be completely independent from the damage of those bombs.
2) The healing from Elixir-Infused bombs appears to be completely independent from the type of bomb used.
3) The healing from Elixir-Infused bombs is constant for a given x; that is, if you have x Healing Power, your heals from EIB will always be y amount, with no variation or range.

Hope that helps. Let me know if the model holds outside those conditions. Two things I’d like to test (but can’t, just yet):

1) For a level 80 character with Healing Power in excess of 1400, does the model hold?
2) For a non-level 80 character, would the following formula hold:

EIB Heal = 0.1x + 1.82y

Where x is Healing Power and y is level.

If you’re feeling inquisitive, check those out and let me know!

Edit: It occurs to me I didn’t give any actual data.

Healing Power :: EIB Heal
300 :: 176
465 :: 193
1109 :: 257
1223 :: 268
1388 :: 285

So, 165 Healing Power yields approximately 17 additional healing.

From this thread way back:
Elixir infused bombs formula

Mad Maullix
Tarnished Coast
Panic Time!

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

A lot of healer engis always come out of the woodworks for these kind of threads :p
I dredged up my own from another thread. It is less statistical in it’s approach but it makes up for it in advice I got a while back from a good healer engi.

Elixir- Infused Bombs have a 0.1 coefficient and with approximately 1700 Healing Power, the most I saw them heal for was ~300 health a bomb. This is also a ridiculously low amount and it goes to show you how limited, weak, and un-rewarding our heals are. Coupled with the fact that allies are constantly moving and you have to be standing extremely close to them for the bomb to land (as well as the delay for the bomb to explode), makes this an incredibly difficult trait to work around as well.
[…]
For now I use Med Kits which are pretty powerful in of their own…if you want to support allies, I suggest using Med Kit for now (with ~1700 Healing Power, each bandage heals for ~1800 HP. Placing a stack of 3 of them gives a burst heal of roughly ~5400 which is excellent). However, there is a very high burden of knowledge with Med Kits since the visual cue is incredibly small, the area is also incredibly small, and the audio signal is low. If you want to support allies in dungeons, try using the Med Kit. I wouldn’t recommend taking the Elixir-Infused Bomb Trait as it is far too weak for a Grandmaster Trait and generally not worth it for ally support. Furthermore, combine the Medkit with a Six Piece Rune of Dwayna which should give you near permanent AoE-Regen (and surpassing the Healing Turret).

This was about a month ago when healing turret was mega-bugged so it’s up to your preference what heal you use. If you like stacking boons every few seconds (with runes of dwayna or altruism) then heal kit is still very viable.

One thing I’ve been wondering since this update is if healing turret is now better than med-kit when it comes to healer builds. What I mean is, now that heal-turret is fixed, does it provide more utility than medkit without runes? and if its regen outweighs the benefits of med-kit with runes of dwayna.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

80 with full healing gear? What level are you and which zone were you in? When was this data from?

The wiki is riddled with inaccuracies.

I am giving you numbers from accurate testing since monday.

Super elixir is healing me for 140 exactly (per tic not initial drop) with 0 healing stat. And bombs healed for 176 (to get to the trait you get a default 300 healing). Regen does 168

at 1388 healing super elixir healed for 279 (per tic not initial drop) and bombs healed for 285…….regen does 304

So a 10% ratio for healing stat doesn’t fit a reasonable cost/benefit value in my personal opinion.

One thing I’ve been wondering since this update is if healing turret is now better than med-kit when it comes to healer builds. What I mean is, now that heal-turret is fixed, does it provide more utility than medkit without runes? and if its regen outweighs the benefits of med-kit with runes of dwayna.

I like med kit because it removes a condition when I swap to it with “Bowl of Saffron-scented Poultry”

(edited by coglin.1496)

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Super elixir is healing me for 140 exactly (per tic not initial drop) with 0 healing stat. And bombs healed for 176 (to get to the trait you get a default 300 healing). Regen does 168

at 1388 healing super elixir healed for 279 (per tic not initial drop) and bombs healed for 285…….regen does 304

So a 10% ratio for healing stat doesn’t fit a reasonable cost/benefit value in my personal opinion.

I think he misunderstood you because everyone was saying that they run healer gear and he thought you were as well. It must have seemed odd to him because with the recent patch we’ve been getting closer to 320 with our bomb heals, which is not much more than before, but you notice the small difference when you’ve run healing gear for over a month.

When it comes to cost/benefit? Unless you have mechanics for a specific stat choice built into your class, you find that going all the way for one stat doesn’t improve it by much more than half. Go through the month or two old posts in the engineer or guardian forums, we’ve all known for a while that healing is limited. Some of us just like being able to take a hit and heal it >:3

That being said, I’ve recently found conditions to be particularly annoying when dungeoneering (Full cleric here). What healer gear/build did you use to run Coglin? Is the new one much better and would you recommend it?

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

I Like builds that I can use in both PvE and WvW with few changes. I wear pure soldiers gear and jewelry at the moment. Rones of centuar to I can buff my buds in the world and WvW to get around.

http://gw2skills.net/editor
/?fcAQFAUl0pqb3zy3F1LJxoCfO0D8ff1KSRlt8nCyF;TkAA1CtomxMjYG7MuZkzMKA

I like to use Rifle #2 and EG #2 to cripple or net enemies, run in and glue them, spam a few bombs….drop BoB, then use either a rifle or EG #4 skill to launch out.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Ojimaru.8970

Ah, Elixir-infused Bombs heal for 176 now, instead of “80 heal per bomb”…

I just started using a soldiers stats (power/vit/tough) build for a tanky/melee/bomb fun time. I found I get like 80 heal per bomb with all heal gear.

Healing Power :: EIB Heal
300 :: 176
465 :: 193
1109 :: 257
1223 :: 268
1388 :: 285
So, 165 Healing Power yields approximately 17 additional healing.

Thanks for the confirmation. It looks like it indeed is 10% ratio, with numbers rounded up.

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

I also made lots of experiement on full exo healing builds. Lots of calculations about heal amounts etc. In the end I abandoned it because investing that much on healing stat do not give you enough protection, I would rather put it on vitality, toughness which scales a lot better if you wanna tank. Healing build may only work if you are fighting in crowded lag free wvw battles because its based on aoe heals a lot. Still you will fall faster than a soldier build engi but you can feel better because you will help your friends more.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

Bomb heal question.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

Healing power just isn’t worth it on engi, and spending 30 points in a fairly bad trait line for such a minor heal is a waste.

The only class that healing power works semi decent with in pve is elementalist due to getting team regen by swapping to water attunement and having multiple water fields and blast finishers which do a larger AOE and much larger heal than bombs.

That said going kit refinement with elixir gun and using healing turret can still provide a lot of good aoe supplemental healing and regen as well as long duration light fields which remove conditions from teammates with projectiles.

Pretty decent team support that only requires 1 10 pt. trait and 1 utility slot.