Bunker Down Improvement

Bunker Down Improvement

in Engineer

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

For those who don’t know Bunker Down is a grandmaster trait in the firearms tree which:
“Creates a proximity mine at your location when you critically hit with an attack.
Damage: 170
Duration: 10s
Explosion Radius: 180
Proximity Radius: 60”

Currently this trait sees very little use and is mediocre for its position at grandmaster. I would like to suggest that the proximity radius is increased to match the explosion radius of the skill making it easier to land more consistently. Feel free to add any other suggestions or feedback.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

Bunker Down Improvement

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

If this trait is to stay as Grandmaster Trait it would be nice if it did something more integral.

Perhaps if Bunker Down:

-Removed Boons
-Inflicted a 0.5 second Daze
-Removed Stability
-Did increased damage
-Deployed multiple Mines
-Had a larger Detonation Range, and would detonate instantly if spawned onto a hostile target
-When triggered, grants the Engineer Protection
-Functionality changed to when you are CC’ed you deploy the Gadget Utility Skill equivalent to Land Mine at your feet. (With X second cool down)

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Bunker Down Improvement

in Engineer

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

-Had a larger Detonation Range, and would detonate instantly if spawned onto a hostile target

That sounds like a great change and it wouldn’t require an increased cooldown for the skill. With the other suggestions I think the 2 second cooldown might be a little over the top, but great ideas overall.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

Bunker Down Improvement

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

It’s always amazing to me the buffs that people ask for Bunker Down. It’s clearly people who haven’t ever tried to use it in a power build. It has it niches, but in the areas where it can be used it’s godly.

Bunker Down Improvement

in Engineer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

This trait is intended to be used with Explosive Powder and Forceful Explosives. Take those with Throw Mine on a Static Discharge build like the one bellow and melee based attackers will feel the pain as you kite them. Those traits also buff the on evade bombs and the bomb from Runes of the Citadel as well.

Doing a Overcharged Shot → Magnet → Mine Field + Detonate Mine Field → Prybar deals crazy damage and if you pull them on to where you had been attacking earlier you can drag them into the Bunker Down mines in addition to those from the Minefield. You can frequently do somewhere around 10k with that combo.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)