Can you help me with a race for engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Hi there. I’m a little bit confused, can’t choose race for engineer (between male human and norn). I’d be really grateful if you would help me with it.
My main is a Charr warrior, but now I want to play an engineer for a while.

I like the human as engineer very much and would play it. First of all because of GW1 of course. Second of all, because medium armor looks very good on human. Especially cowboy armors. I love them very much and human in cowboy armor is the best candidature. But there is one problem. It’s a camera. In a lurge battle I have to zoom out the camera, so I can see more clearly what’s going on in a battle. At this point, human has the size of the mouse. I don’t like that. It’s okay for elementalist human, because all these magic spells with their special effects which have a pretty good scale size, compensate it. But not engineer.

On a picture one you can see engineer human with a med kit on the back. This is a perfect camera.
On a picture two it is still a good camera. I can see well my character.
On a picture three, that’s already what I don’t like. Human becomes pretty small, I cannot see him well. Well, I can see him of course, but he becomes pretty tiny. And as you can see, if you are rolling a norn, that’s a perfect camera for norn character.
On a picture four, it’s the worst camera for human. He becomes very tiny, which I don’t like, but pretty good camera for norn and pretty good camera for large battle.

Norn on the other hand looks in the medium armors which I like. not as good as human. I don’t like how norn holds the riffle when he is running. With kites norn are inconvenient. Ans so on and etc.

I would like to choose human, but I also like the camera in which my character are not tiny. I like the camera like in Gothic, or…. The Witcher, or Mass Effect. I don’t like camera like in Diablo, where your character pretty tiny.

I have some questions. Is it okay, playing in a large battle with a camera like on the pictures below 1 and 2, so all I have to is just get use to with these cameras? Or is it impossible and I have to choose the camera like on the pictures 3 and 4?

How do you play your human? With which camera?

Attachments:

Seize the day.

(edited by Kreslin.6832)

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Human racial armor sucks (at medium that is at least). So if you don’t like the Aetherblade Gemshop Armor either go Charr or Asura. The least have some Mechaengineer looking armor ready but are a bit hard to handle if you want to get a traditional look.

I ‘ve seen way more Charr Engineers that look cool lately thought …
Makes me wish I’d have one too and not just an Asura (which is ok).

Also, there is no such thing as a perfect camera position in that game. It ‘s dynamic and can and has to be (re)adjusted by your mouse-wheel for the situation you’re currently facing.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Engineer

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

asura is the best.

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

As previously stated, human cultural armor is pretty meh, but if you lay down the gems for the aetherblade skins then you will look very fetching.

My biggest issue with Asura, and I play one, is their smallness. Any weapons you buy, or kits you use are hard to see. So, when you lay down the karma or cash or some really cool gear (unless it is really flashy) it will hard to tell what it is. Especially with pistols.

The camera is the camera. I was a big 10-key person in most MMOs, but I find it is pretty much impossible to take my hand off the mouse. Especially as the Engineer. Depending on your spec (and even if you go super tanky) you will constantly be on the go, so you will want to be aware of your surroundings as you strafe and dodge.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Do Elixir-S and asura still cause camera to break for anyone still using S post nerf?

in Engineer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Asura! Forget those Bookahs… Asura is best.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Engineer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Charr, but if you really must choose a non-charr at the very least, go asura. Those two are perfectly tailored to engineer, with charr being the preferred one. Charr racials are perfect for engineer and the charrzooka actually replaces the buggy, laggy, worthless mortar elite perfectly. I only wish they would consider each hit of artillery barrage an explosion, then that worst elite in the game could be useful for an engi at least lol. Don’t forget hidden pistol, it’s like a free dodge. As for going asura, it’s good for a heavy condition build, especially with ample confusion. The summoned golems are “meh” nothing to brag about, while powersuit is totally garbage.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Why are people so obsessed over charr or asura for engineer? It is so cliche. Roll sylvari! We have plant turrets!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Cu Chaspel.4806

Cu Chaspel.4806

I actually went and tried out all the race’s for engineer to take a look at racials. armor, animations and camera angles for them.I had originally went with charr but “iron legion engineer” is way too common so I decided to reroll just about a day ago. Was not a fan of the norn animations and while the asura had some great animations I don’t like the tiny equipment issue. Humans and Sylvari share most of if not all their animations so it was just based on how I would prefer them looking so I went with human after doing armor previews and some other checking, and I’m glad I did I’m very happy with my human engy.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Do Elixir-S and asura still cause camera to break for anyone still using S post nerf?

they fixed it the day they made it hardly worth using anymore… how’s that for a joke.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Thank you very much for answers.

Seize the day.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

+1 Asura. I made my first eng a charr. Spent gold crafting another one up to 80 a month later to have it be asura.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: Kairnabel.1542

Kairnabel.1542

Make a Sylvari Engineer with a Flamethrower. Thank me later. c:

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

they fixed it the day they made it hardly worth using anymore… how’s that for a joke.

That’s just kitten cruel!

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Made an Asura cuz the backpacks look best on them. They look tiny and funny on giant male Norn.

Between Norn and Human, gotta go Human. They wear the med armor better and don’t have comically tiny hobosacks.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Norn because you have the best camera range for ground targeted AoE. Very important for Grenades!

Though I personally made a Sylvari because of the racial skills (Take Root is an awesome Elite skill!) and because I LOVE the sexy British voice and bishie sparkles!

I found the Sylvari voice most fitting for an Engineer, since he sounded more techie with lines like “Entering combat”, and “Dispenser set!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

asura is the best.

Best race in the game…

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

I actually went and tried out all the race’s for engineer to take a look at racials. armor, animations and camera angles for them.I had originally went with charr but “iron legion engineer” is way too common so I decided to reroll just about a day ago. Was not a fan of the norn animations and while the asura had some great animations I don’t like the tiny equipment issue. Humans and Sylvari share most of if not all their animations so it was just based on how I would prefer them looking so I went with human after doing armor previews and some other checking, and I’m glad I did I’m very happy with my human engy.

Did you farm or buy the weapons? I want NAO!!!