Condi-engie Sigil choice?

in Engineer

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

As per title!

I was thinking the +6% condition damage (CD) on Bursting at first sounds really handy, but when you consider that equates to only 120 CD in a condi build with 2,000 CD, it seems sub-par when you can stack might that gives much higher damage.

5 might stacks = 5 * 25 = 125 CD, which is what you would need to maintain to get the same CD.

Sigil of Strength gives you a 60% chance on crit to gain might for 10 seconds, so in a grenade build with 3 ’nades and say only a moderate 40% crit rate you will probably get one crit from each throw, thus stacking >5 might would certainly be possible.

Is my logic here right? Would Malice be a better choice overall anyway? Or even Sigil of Earth for more bleed stacks? Does the latter stack with Sharpshooter trait, so one crit will give you 2 bleeds?

This is in conjunction with a Corruption sigil of course
Cheers!

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

battle is better than strength overall, I think the main difference is that it is more reliable (you dont need to crit) and you don’t even need to hit, you can get those might stacks even when just kiting around, as long as you’re in combat.

Geomancy is also a better choice than earth. more reliable, more bursty, more controlable. and yes earth does work with sharpshooter, you get two different chances to bleed wich may or may not happen at the same time.

Personally I use battle and corruption or battle and tormenting. tormenting is a great choice because it adds a nearly permanent condition which makes cleansing harder, even if the damage is neglegible.

energy is also a good choice, tho defensive.

(I assumed you were talking about wvw/spvp, honestly I have no idea for pve)

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Ok that’s good info thanks! I assume with both Geo and Battle that means you do a lot of kit swapping, and since Geo is area that means you are most likely bomb kits

I WvW a fair bit with my engie but as a back-line ‘nade tosser, in which case I think earth might be > geomancy.. I’m also happy with the same build in PvE tho, and don’t PvP due to lag/ping issues :\
Tormenting is tempting! That’s an auto +2% damage with modified ammo. Since I’m spamming so many conditions from the back line though, the Malice +10% duration may be the go.

I have this inclination to give Nightmare runes + Malice Sigil + 6 explosives with +40% duration food.. ie: 15% + 10% + 30% + 40% = +95% condi duration. I’d use Giver’s weapons too, if rifle wasn’t understated at 10% instead of 20% duration! It would breach the 100% cap, so the sigil could be better used.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

corruption + torment = aoe (with nades) dmg vs zerg/blob

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P