Detonation as flip-skill after Overcharge

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hello everyone. This is not my original idea. It’s from a great mind sharing his ideas on reddit. Here’s the link to the OP (big and great post):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6bnkwg/turret_rework_fixes_one_problem_by_creating/

So what is this all about? Simple – since the most recent patch, the state of all turrets is garbge. Period. Every decent Engineer player will agree with that statement.

Here I’ll quote the suggested change to fix the issue:

• Turrets won’t automatically overcharge like they do now.
  • Overcharge will return in it’s orginal place as flip-skill of Turret.
  • Turret detonation will be the flip skill of turret overcharge.

This suggestion is in my opinion absolutely flawless and should be going live asap. Every Engineer with decent skill wants the overcharge on demand and not after placing the turret. The current version prevents tactical usage of the turrets overcharges.

Some examples: You can’t cleanse the fear from sloth anymore, you can’t use the healing turret for might or stealth stacks anymore (unless you precast it somewhere else), you can’t delay the smoke or water field in mid combat to blast them anymore, you can’t use thumper or rocket turret’s cc for time gated break bars anymore.

Those are the things turrets where great for, and they need that potential back!
Please ANet, it’s very important that this comes through. We desperately need the overcharges to be on demand!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Maybe would need to flip back from detonate to overcharge when overcharge comes off cd too. I only skimmed that thread earlier but I’m not certain he covered multiple overcharges in a single lifetime.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Upsy daisy! :o

Maybe would need to flip back from detonate to overcharge when overcharge comes off cd too. I only skimmed that thread earlier but I’m not certain he covered multiple overcharges in a single lifetime.

Yes this is how it would work.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: spiritualabyss.7016

spiritualabyss.7016

This needs to happen.

Mesmer & Engi main, most played profession: Ele, mobile storage: Thief

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

YES!

in Engineer

Posted by: Tandruill.1096

Tandruill.1096

+1 This would fix the problems!

Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine, keep it as it is.
Yours,
Scissors

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Hey that’s my idea/thread
I’m glad you love it.

Here are some bigger proposed changes by me (mostly needs some balancing):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/My-Engineer-Balance-Patch/first#post6567793

Cheers

Trust me. I’m engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Seba.3061

Seba.3061

Approved. I really don’t like this new Turrets feature !

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

it seems like it was meant for pvp yet all modes got the change.

skill balance team is semi afk.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I don’t want to press my heal 3 times.

Drop.

Overcharge.

Blast.

No.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: noobymaniac.9483

noobymaniac.9483

I definitely like this idea. Interrupting mobs and taking out breakbars is a lot easier when you can time the overcharge on thumper turret

in Engineer

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

Drop.

Overcharge.

Blast.

No.

you had to press 3 buttons before patch already, but now it is the same button. I honestly don’t see the problem

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Drop.

Overcharge.

Blast.

No.

you had to press 3 buttons before patch already, but now it is the same button. I honestly don’t see the problem

As a WvW player where you often have to spam your heal skill and pray it triggers it could be an issue, especially if you could detonate before the overcharge went off. On the other hand for Rifle Turret being able to quickly detonate on demand is meaningful (CC mainly) but if I had to wait for the overcharge to go off could be an issue. I think as long as the detonate didn’t cancel the overcharge I could deal though, just have to proactively use the overcharge so you can detonate on time.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Drop.

Overcharge.

Blast.

No.

As a WvW player where you often have to spam your heal skill and pray it triggers it could be an issue, especially if you could detonate before the overcharge went off. On the other hand for Rifle Turret being able to quickly detonate on demand is meaningful (CC mainly) but if I had to wait for the overcharge to go off could be an issue. I think as long as the detonate didn’t cancel the overcharge I could deal though, just have to proactively use the overcharge so you can detonate on time.

tbh anet ought to just tune it again so theres no gap. theyve already acknowledged it was a mistake to not have a short cd for the people that spam by even doing the hotfix, they just didnt quite fix the issue.

inb4 3 months. or 6. or 9. x_x

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Not able to hop in to check, but do Supply Crate turrets overcharge?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Yeah