Drakeco's Videos -New Roaming Video up!

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Here we go everyone! Another awesome and saxy duel movie with some still smoking hot footage of a duel vs Maskaganda and me today!

Hope you all will enjoy this awesome movie! I’m uploading a bonus movie at the moment with some duels with out Alts aswell!

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

nice fights man, kitten those confusion stacks! seemed like half the time I had to turn around to avoid attacking you.
and people say engies are weak, I never fought any class that gave me so much trouble in 1v1.

after watching that prybar in action I decided to use it too, still testing it but Im probably gonna keep it. it’s just too good to pass right now for those using a condition damage spec.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Haha seems like you came to like the net turret
But I´m still wodnering: What´s the build you used in your recent videos? Something like 10/20/xx/10/20?
Asking because it doesnt seem to be your above posted builds o.o
I´m so curious! :O

Btw I really liked that fight against the mesmer… You made it look so easy O_O

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Confusion is indeed brutal on the Engineer, even more so after last patch! The combo of Prybar and Bomb Kit is evil , found it, that most of the time you will be better of only using one, wait for it to run out or get removed and then stack the next!

Also as I said, looking forward to your test results with using that Toolkit! I’m sure it’s gonna be brutal! Been a blast having these duels with you! and I hope more and more people start joining in on this fun way to train as a WvWer!

@Cero I use this build
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#0|0|0|0|0|0|0|20|1795|1422|0|20|1433|1866|0|0|0|0|0|10|1015|0|0|20|1446|2270|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

I’m gonn make a movie next I think, showing it’s use in WvW roaming and a guide to stats and runes ect with that movie! I really love the Net Turrent in duels for the extra control it adds, and how much it helps land prybar, magnet and bombs! Not sure if I will use it when I roam, atleast not if I’m tired hehe! But It’s dangerous to go without a stunbreaker, so you really gotta be wake when dueling without hehe!

Most Mesmer builds lack condition removal, so it’s a matter about applying them fast, I actually rarely loose to a memser these days! The good ones are ofc. still a gaint pain in the * hehe

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Also as I said, looking forward to your test results with using that Toolkit! I’m sure it’s gonna be brutal!

well, this afternoon I roamed a while with this and it worked very well. At one point I had a fight against 4 opponents, 3 of them at the same time, one joined in halfway through it. I had them all downed and just as I was about to stomp the last one a thief -the first to die in this fight- came back from spawn and got me when I was at low hp. They then proceeded to /bow me.
I was gonna upload it as a sneak peak, but I started recording late and I’m still fumbling my keys a bit, need muscle memory to kick in :p

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Ahh man such a shame! But sounds like it is indeed workin well! Your constant uptime of Boons have gotten me thinking that Toolkit works indeed quite well in your build, cause you can be up Melee with all that protection and regen, when you need to deliver those fast Prybar blows! I’m looking even moe forward to it now hehe! Uploading te movie with out alt fights atm btw!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dalo.3941

Dalo.3941

Nice fights Amadeus! I still need allot more practice with the focus Was also fun to try a 1v1 on my gaurdian. Sucks that we are not in the same bracket anymore =(

Ele – COG – Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

As usual nice video. It is really nice seeing some Engineer action, especially from you two.

after watching that prybar in action I decided to use it too, still testing it but Im probably gonna keep it. it’s just too good to pass right now for those using a condition damage spec.

It’s funny that you mention that, because your Pistol and Pots build/videos inspired me to try out a rifle variation which includes Tool Kit. I like the burst Rifle can bring to the table if set up right. I think overall a P/P hybrid stat variation of my build would be better. I’m currently working on the gear so I can try it out.

Your constant uptime of Boons have gotten me thinking that Toolkit works indeed quite well in your build, cause you can be up Melee with all that protection and regen, when you need to deliver those fast Prybar blows!

The boons make a huge difference, not to mention the %damage bonus from Energy Conversion Matrix. With boon duration you can easily stack long protection and/or regeneration which as you noted is pretty boss.

For reference here’s my build (Rifle and Pots): http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#14|0|2729|2454|4052|4603|4065|0|0|0|0|20|1866|1429|0|0|0|0|0|30|1470|1033|1785|20|1446|2270|0|0|0|1|28034|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

As a side note: this build also transitions well for group play by swapping out Tool Kit for Elixir Gun and running Kit Refinement instead of Power Wrench. Elixir Gun on its own in the slot isn’t that bad either. Nothing wrong with stacking more retaliation right?

Thanks again guys, that was a great vid.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

There we go everyone! the next movie is now up between our alts! hope you enjoy everyone!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFoyeGWP-oo
I really spit out movies this week hehe!

@Dalo yeah that was awesome! I’m going to move for a week, when I have time ,to a server vs SFR to duel some of all the awesome duelists there! I will make sure to get some action with you to! was awesome fight hehe!

@MentalPulse That looks really intrestring aswell, should be able to dish out some really brutal burst! how does it work in the WvW area?

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

@MentalPulse That looks really intrestring aswell, should be able to dish out some really brutal burst! how does it work in the WvW area?

This is my WvW build and I feel it does fairly well. I’m kinda incompetent, and do well enough for what I expect myself to do. lol. The thing that I really like about this build is that everything has a reduced cooldown by 20% (except Supply Crate), which really helps with slightly longer fights. The reduced cooldowns = more overall condition removal, might stacking, burst combo, etc. Its really nice.

I tried to balance the stats well between toughness/power/crit/crit damage and vitality to facilitate my brute force, up-close style. Currently hovering around 21khp, 1800 toughness, 40% crit chance, 50% crit damage and 1800 power. I could see it being a bit more focused on power/crit/crit damage and doing very well overall. Stats wise I would like to drop to 20k hp and add a bit more power or crit chance, but I haven’t found a way to get that without dropping something else.

Still as I said I think a P/P version would do very very well with this set-up, and would most likely be superior overall. The extra confusion from static shot would be awesome, I love AoE immobilizes and more conditions makes it harder to remove the important ones (Confusion comes to mind).

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Yeah, I have been doing the same trick with Grenade kit instead of the Toolkit, and you can be quite tanky and yet dash out quite the damage! So I’m sure it’s a quite decent WvW setup, and I might toy around with that in a future video when I got the gear for it if you don’t mind!

But yeah, I think a P/P build is better for it, mostly cause what you say, but also because Might benift them better, they get more out of the power and the condition! So all in all, this might be the birth of a new sort of frontliner Engineer, with Elixirs and Toolkit hehe

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Just wanna say thanks for putting out the movies. Great to see such skilled players. I’ll never reach that level of play, but I still enjoy trying and always learn a trick or two simply by watching better players. I would be very interested in your roaming video and stats guide Amadeus as that’s what I spend 99% of my game time doing.

Thanks again for your work and especially your huge pool of positive attitude and energy you bring to our profession.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

Yeah, I have been doing the same trick with Grenade kit instead of the Toolkit, and you can be quite tanky and yet dash out quite the damage! So I’m sure it’s a quite decent WvW setup, and I might toy around with that in a future video when I got the gear for it if you don’t mind!

By all means try it out, I’d love to see someone other than me play this build. I put my build into Build Craft so I’ll link it here so you can get an idea of the gear/food and what not. My stats were a bit off, (I need more precision and a little toughness, forgot without food its only at 31%, and toughness was only 1.74k) but generally the same. It is strange that the build editor puts me at 19.8k health, but in WvW I sit around 21k, other than that everything is accurate.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2|4.1n.h1b|0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.71i.1c.71i.1c.71i.1c.71i.1n.71h.1c.71h|4v.0.1n.64.1n.64.1i.67.1i.67.1g.67|0.k68.0.u2ab.k68|39.1|e

But yeah, I think a P/P build is better for it, mostly cause what you say, but also because Might benift them better, they get more out of the power and the condition! So all in all, this might be the birth of a new sort of frontliner Engineer, with Elixirs and Toolkit hehe

Yeah i forgot to mention the might stacking and how well it synergizes with condition damage and hybrid builds. That’s a very important point. I would like to think that the hybrid version could drop Crit Damage for condition damage.

Would you think, regarding P/P, that it would be ok to go with a relatively low Condition Damage since the up-time on might would be so high? Most stat combos I try end up needing to drop condition damage in favor of other stats. I was trying to figure out the stats and what armor I would use, but I always feel like I’m lacking something really important, namely toughness. It seems like a tough stat cookie to crack. Insight on this would be awesome.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

(edited by MentalPause.9183)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Bravo! Glad you guys shared this with us.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Wow so much positive attention today guys! you make me blush haha! Thx for all the kind words everyone of you! Stuff like this, that keep a guy like me going! I need to make more videos!

@MentalPause might take some time before I get to make a movie with your build (go so much I need to frap allready hehe) But I will do my best, thx for letting me use!

I think you could do with low condition damage yeah, you wouldn’t have to stack as much as normal, I would probaly go for Knight Armor and maybe Carrion Jewels ect for that build, with Knight Weapons? Throw in some condition duration runes (when they gets fixed, bugged since last patch) and you should be good to go

in Engineer

Posted by: miragino.6971

miragino.6971

I used two different builds vs the elementalist I came up with, not certain what would work vs him a first!
The first build I used, is a condition build, which is this one:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#10|10|1207|1095|4603|4052|4065|20|1422|1795|0|25|1866|2269|0|0|0|0|0|10|1015|0|0|15|1446|0|0|0|0|1|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Which I think I should drop 5 point in firearm, and take 5 more point into tools, and pick up kit refinement and replace elixir S for a Elixir Gun! Also I should I think I want to lower my Precision in the build for more power!

And the second rifle build I used was this one:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#14|0|1207|253|4603|4052|4065|30|1422|1792|1885|10|1866|0|0|0|0|0|0|10|1015|0|0|20|1446|2270|0|0|0|1|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Also here I’m, thinking about swapping the elixir S out with a Rifle turrent and taking Stastic discharge for the heck of it, to hopefully be able to burst him down more! But I’m not sure about I would like to drop my only stunbreak, and the throw elixir helps setup the combo! But yeah, that were the two builds!

Also, probaly gonna duel him more before this week matchup is over! Might come another movie out of that

Looking forward on seeing a video with elixir gun. BTW what armor/sigils are you wearing on first video?

What food do you use on different builds?

Cheers love all your work for the community

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@Mirgaino when you say first movie, do you then mean the first build in the duels vs Intigo? If it is, then I use a mix of Rapid and Carrion armor, and a 2x Lyssa and 4x Lich (which sadly is bugged now!!)

I use the Veggie Pizza (40% condition duration and 70 condition damage) in my condition builds, and I use Omnomberry Pie (66% chance to lifte steal on crit, 70 precsion) in the power build!

in Engineer

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

Hey Amadeus, in one of the duels agaisnt the trap ranger, do you know by any chance what his build was?

i’m trying to test out both ranger and engi and see which of the two has a better dueling set up. thanks

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

I sadly do not know the build he used! But I’m sure if you try whisper him he would like to share? I have an general idea about it tho, he used Rampager armor with rune of the vampire, and superior sigil of rage! The trait line I’m not sure about, but he at least appear to have these traits taken:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#19|0|1010|1156|460|0|1888|0|0|0|0|30|1307|1309|1380|5|0|0|0|5|0|0|0|5|0|0|0|2|15|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

in Engineer

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

Thanks! great duels btw!
o anyone know that condition duration is bugged now? sucks …

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Everyone! here goes part 1 of 2 movies with duels vs the awesome Mesmer player Osicat! I have never been challanged this hard from a Mesmer, and by far some of the most fun I have had in GW II yet! The way he moves and play is insane well done!

Anyway! I can keep talking about how awesome he is, you guys probaly want this
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYvtwX8v5c

Also, if you don’t know who Osicat is, check him out here on the mesmer forums:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-WvWvW-Pve-Shatter-Cat/first

Enjoy it!

@Idevourwater, ty hehe, they have been bugged since last patch, hopeing for a fix soon!

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

I’m surprised someone wondered about my (Archjac – D/D ele and Lertt THAT ranger) build. It’s 0-30-30-5-5, full knight set with berserkers jewel to trinkets. It was based of omnomberry ghost pre-nerf. With 83% critical chance and quickness 2s every 19sec it was much stronger than it is now. I’m not really proud of myself, but seems that’s the way fighting against such great Engi as Amadeus indeed is.
I’ll change it to keep at least 2 sets of weapons each. For vs sure sigil of leeching at sword and blood at sb would do better than whatever i had at versus. I will get there in time, but for ’’now’’ I just wanted to get more out of ranger (which is considered as weakest class) without losing 70g on gear (like runes of divinity and better sigils).

Amadeus, looking forward till our servers meet again and hopefully, for some ranger’s boost.

Keep the good work.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Engineer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Oh man if confusion did that damage in spvp >_>

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Part 2 of my duels vs Osicat has been uploaded during there night! See it here if you want more of that action pie!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiBqrUSIc8o

@Lert Awesome! thanks for taking your time to jump in here and tell about your setup! And looking forward to meet you again as well!

@Vuh, yeah Confusion is beastly in WvW hehe ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Brent.1580

Brent.1580

Amadeus, i was wondering how you deal with thieves. I recently geared up my engineer for a tankcat build as well as your grenadier/bomb build with rabid armor/rampager’s jewels. The only probably was that i was getting eaten alive by BS thieves solo roaming. The tank cat build i could live fine except once when caught by 2 thieves or when rolled over by a zerg. I just get tired of trying to kill with only retal/confusion cause everything can run away.

I typically main a mesmer and ele. Any tips on thieves in your condition builds?

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Well the movies I make often showcase a lot of fights vs Theifs (So you can see it in action there), but when I run a condition damage build If I get the opner on them it’s my win: Magnet —> Prybar, let them dodge, Blowtorch --> Stastic Discharge —> Posion volley (From here you just keep pressure on them all the time when they get out of stealth)

If they jump you, you should still be able to outlive the first burst (so use a stunbreaker), and depending on how low you are, bomb them with supply drop, most Theif’s suck big time when your on low HP and just go “loool hearthseekeer, hearthseekeer, hearthseekeer!” So get Prybar on them, Stastic Shot and use smoke bomb/grenades after and just laugh at them killing themself while not hitting anything (keep moving tho), and try heal up with med kit!

But some general rules when vs a Theif is,
1. Keep moving, and try turn around all the time while they stealth, that makes it harder for them to land there Backstap
2. Throw down stuff behind you with Grenade/Bomb kit when they stealth
3. as soon as something happens to your HP pool try dodge (Can be hard to pull off)
4. Keep kiting
5. Lay Pressure as soon as they get out of stealth (They have no condition removal when out of stealth)

I have replaced my earings with Carrion stat line, and a Rapid Acsended Neck, which I use now, also I use Carrion guns until Giver’s is fixed (Just a heads up)

I hope this makes sense to you, but it’s the way I normal handle them!
as you can read in this topic:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/PvP-movie-guides-would-you-watch-it/first#post1614107
I’m talking about doing some commentary videos on how to fight classes ect. so I wil lget more in detail on how to beat a Theif if I get this rolling (only gonna do it if people show intrest for it)!

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

in Engineer

Posted by: Brent.1580

Brent.1580

interesting, i didn’t think static discharge was in the build, i thought you had 10 in that line with speedy kits. i’m also struggling with escapes as i’m used to the mesmer and ele which have tons of them.

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

I meant Stastic Shot, typo from my side (the Pistol skill 3, it’s a beast), but you can acutally build stastic discharge into the build! Well we don’t have escape skills like a Mesmer or an Elementalist, but we can kite kitten well with perma Swiftness, Vigor, Cripple’s we can throw behind us, Glue bombs and glue shots ect. so it’s a matter about timing your blocks and dodges the few times he get close and else just run a head and kiting it!

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

To be noted, it’s late and I’m tired, so the tex might be a mess, will look at it 2morrow again xD

Here we go all you crazy gear heads on the Engineer forum! A wonderfull new roaming video, showing just how powerfull that Confusion actually is in WvW! Yep! you heard right! It’s time for a run down of my duel build! Thanks to all the Gandara and Auguary Rock People that lended me theirs heads to prybar on!

The movie!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoReMSCI0js&feature=youtu.be

Build name: The Confusion Bomb (Also named Demented Engineer, cause Kardiamond. was so much faster then me with throwing a roaming video out! kitten!! )

Gear list for 100% condition duration:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.0|a.1m.h2.a.1m.h19|0.0.0.0.0.0|1b.7i.1b.7i.1h.7v.1b.7v.1b.7v.1b.7v|2w.0.2w.0.3w.0.2w.0.1h.62.1b.62|k53.k64.0.a1.k68|30.d|2d.2e.2x.2j.0|e

Gearlist for full out condition damage:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.0|a.1b.h2.a.1h.h19|0.0.0.0.0.0|1b.719.1b.719.1b.719.1b.719.1b.719.1b.719|2w.0.2w.0.3w.0.2w.0.1h.62.1b.62|k

Concept idea:
Confusion is broken in WvW, and it’s fun to see people kill themself, let’s abuse that! yay!
So Prybar got a brutal buff (yeah guys, it will be nerfed, we all know this), so I thought I would create a up and close build, stacking up to 14 stacks of confusion in a condition build (Yeah, that’s like 4.5k on every skill use). Combo that Confustion with burning, because overkill is fun!

Pistol/Pistol – It’s a condition damage build, and I wanted as much confusion and burn as I could get!
Medkit – Standard healing loadout for when I run 15+ in tools
Toolkit – Dat Prybar! Enough said!
Bombkit – more burning and confusion! I’m up close and personal anyway
Elixir S or Net Turrent (Take sitting duck instead of longer range on pistols for fun times) – Most of the time I run Elixir S, just because it’s easier and more safe when roamin (Stunbreaker and inv. for 3 seconds), but on the other hand, Net Turrent is freaking amazing in most 1vs1 fights!

Strength:
Burning, Blind, and confusion (all there got each two diffenent skills that apply them), while still having a pull, block, and plenty of cripple! Which makes us able, if timed well, to constant keep an condition pressure on the enemy! Meanwhile you will deliver some decent Thrown Wrench, Prybar and blowtorch (and bombs) power damage, 1500-2500 crits from these skills helps putting up the pressure!
Tip! – Never waste and stack all your conditions on the same time, better to spread them out, so you can apply 5 new stacks of confusion when the first 5 run out or get cleansed!

Weakness
Here I would say condition removal, but that’s simply not true! A top tier D/D elementalist player (see Intigo) will be able to outcleanse your conditions, anything else don’t stand a chance at the condition pressure this builds deliver!

The two biggest problems I have with it is 1. Good ranged kiters can take longer to kill because bomb kit is hard to use vs them (Unless you use Net Turrent) and it’s tough to pull off in large teamfights and siege defences (even then, when you jump down from a wall and run up to 5 man from behind and give them 5 stacks of confusion while they spam every skill they can and die it’s a blast)

My opinion
But this is probaly my best 1vs1 build yet created, and any class I came a cross could be taken down by it in a 1vs1 when just roaming. It’s just silly how easy it will beat a Warrior, Theif, Guardien and any other proffesion running a melee build!
The Confusion burst you can deliver (I got so much footage of that, but only taken a few clips in the movie) is just silly beyond helping, people die in 2-4 seconds if you get the drop on them and they don’t realise what just hit them!

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

in Engineer

Posted by: Fiddler.5174

Fiddler.5174

To be noted, it’s late and I’m tired, so the tex might be a mess, will look at it 2morrow again xD

Here we go all you crazy gear heads on the Engineer forum! A wonderfull new roaming video, showing just how powerfull that Confusion actually is in WvW! Yep! you heard right! It’s time for a run down of my duel build! Thanks to all the Gandara and Auguary Rock People that lended me theirs heads to prybar on!

The movie!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoReMSCI0js&feature=youtu.be

Build name: The Confusion Bomb (Also named Demented Engineer, cause Kardiamond. was so much faster then me with throwing a roaming video out! kitten!! )

The build I used: http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#10|10|1207|1095|4603|4052|4065|20|1795|1422|0|20|1419|1866|0|0|0|0|0|10|1015|0|0|20|1446|2270|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Gear Setup:
Armor: Rapid – Condition/Pre/Toughness
Jewels: Acsended Rapid neck, 2x Carrion Earings 2x Rampager rings
Weapons: 2x Carrion Guns (pew pew)
Sigils: Generosity and Corruption
Runes: 2x Lyssa 4x Lich! But Drakeco! They are bugged! Yes I know, but I can’t be kitten to replace them, Anet just gonna pull their **** and hopefully fix it soon!

Concept idea:
Confusion is broken in WvW, and it’s fun to see people kill themself, let’s abuse that! yay!
So Prybar got a brutal buff (yeah guys, it will be nerfed, we all know this), so I thought I would create a up and close build, stacking up to 14 stacks of confusion in a condition build (Yeah, that’s like 4.5k on every skill use). Combo that Confustion with burning, because overkill is fun!

Pistol/Pistol – It’s a condition damage build, and I wanted as much confusion and burn as I could get!
Medkit – Standard healing loadout for when I run 15+ in tools
Toolkit – Dat Prybar! Enough said!
Bombkit – more burning and confusion! I’m up close and personal anyway
Elixir S or Net Turrent (Take sitting duck instead of longer range on pistols for fun times) – Most of the time I run Elixir S, just because it’s easier and more safe when roamin (Stunbreaker and inv. for 3 seconds), but on the other hand, Net Turrent is freaking amazing in most 1vs1 fights!

Strength:
Burning, Blind, and confusion (all there got each two diffenent skills that apply them), while still having a pull, block, and plenty of cripple! Which makes us able, if timed well, to constant keep an condition pressure on the enemy! Meanwhile you will deliver some decent Thrown Wrench, Prybar and blowtorch (and bombs) power damage, 1500-2500 crits from these skills helps putting up the pressure!
Tip! – Never waste and stack all your conditions on the same time, better to spread them out, so you can apply 5 new stacks of confusion when the first 5 run out or get cleansed!

Weakness
Here I would say condition removal, but that’s simply not true! A top tier D/D elementalist player (see Intigo) will be able to outcleanse your conditions, anything else don’t stand a chance at the condition pressure this builds deliver!

The two biggest problems I have with it is 1. Good ranged kiters can take longer to kill because bomb kit is hard to use vs them (Unless you use Net Turrent) and it’s tough to pull off in large teamfights and siege defences (even then, when you jump down from a wall and run up to 5 man from behind and give them 5 stacks of confusion while they spam every skill they can and die it’s a blast)

My opinion
But this is probaly my best 1vs1 build yet created, and any class I came a cross could be taken down by it in a 1vs1 when just roaming. It’s just silly how easy it will beat a Warrior, Theif, Guardien and any other proffesion running a melee build!
The Confusion burst you can deliver (I got so much footage of that, but only taken a few clips in the movie) is just silly beyond helping, people die in 2-4 seconds if you get the drop on them and they don’t realise what just hit them!

I have 3 80s but am currently leveling my engineer. I like your style and am going to give this a go. Thank you for sharing this.

I notice you do not take very many defensive traits. What do you do to cleanse conditions. Please forgive me if missed something.

Thank you for your time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ink.9058

Ink.9058

Really like the stuff you’re doing with your engineer Drakeco, but I have to quibble with something, even though I’m going to look like a schmuck if I’m wrong: I’m pretty sure the gear is “Rabid”, not “Rapid”. Now that I got that off my chest, is a build like this worth trying in spvp? Obviously confusion isn’t as strong, but bombs are quite nice for capping and defending points. Any thounghts?

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@Fiddler that’s is where superior sigil of Generoisty come into play! 60% chance on critical hits to transfer a condition from me to my target, which pretty much handle my condition damage problems unless I face a burst condition build (Only Engineers and Necromancers that can do this, and both are rare) Rest of my defence come from my Block and kiting supported by all the cripple, perma vigor and swiftness!

@Ink, yes it can work in sPvP, I have play tested it a bit! As you say, confusion is weaker (it’s still dealing a heavy damage tho), but bomb kit when attacking/Defending points go from “hard to hit with” to “looool this is so easy”, because people have to stand on that point, if they move away I still win! Combo it with big old bomb and stuff start’s to get fun! If I had to run a build in sPvP it would probalty be this one! and I think your right with the rapid thing! my bad

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Haha gotta love how you practically melt other player´s faces away
And that one heartseeker spamming thief…. xD
Yap, your video made my day

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Hearthseeker spamming Thief’s is simply the most amazing fun thing in the came to hit with the Prybar! Instant killing themself like that Is pure gold! But glade I made your day hehe!

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Loads of good videos! Thanks for sharing.
Do you remember if you got some action against wild bill spec thieves (p/d) in there somewhere as well?
Found them hard opponents lately and would love to view some of your strategies against them.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Your more then welcome! Yes I got a video of how to handle them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWimaL9s-I
It begin at the 12 min mark! It’s actually one of the Theif builds I had a lot of trouble with when I first did encounter it, but after playing vs it (and with a lot of info from Markus Valadir), I learnt how to counter them quite easy now!

The thing is, they work on a rotation, that allways do the same, so it’s quite easy to figure out what they are gonna do, and they got several major weakness.
1. They only do Bleeding and a bit of Poision, so even out medkit can keep their condition damage down
2. They need to use Cloak and Dagger to gain Stealth, and it cost a lot of initative
3. They only have condition removal when they stealth
4. For the build to work, they need to wait the 4-5 seconds their stealth last fully out to regain initativ and regen life, which means you can count down to when the burst come

The rotation they do is, open up with skill 1. Pistol Burst, out of stealth, then they auto attack you, and try to get close to use CoD (Cloak and Dagger), rinse and repeart, and throw in apply some posion every now and then.

The thing is, that’s actually quite easy to counter, just, Block, Blind, or dodge the CoD two times in a row, and his helpless! They will often start moving close to you after the pistol burst, then make a dodge to avoid your attacks, and then attack you with CoD! So I just keep moving, and play 100% defensive in that time frame, and when he fails his CoD I stop chewing bubblegum and start kicking kitten on him! It’s still a super solid 1vs1 Build, but really simple! hope that helps!

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Much appreciated. Going try this when I meet one next time.
Judging from your hints, I think it is really good to catch those builds on their own, with no surrounding neutral mobs, since every friendly hitting him or every mob potentially enables this build to destroy their focus, because they can always get a c+d off of something. As long as they keep their main target and c+d off something they are kind of untouchable I guess.
Thanks for the hints, Amadeus.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

That’s indeed true, they get powered up by stupid NPC’s and other players that don’t know what’s going on! That’s why players Wild Bill is able to makes those 1vs4 movies and actully win, because 2-3 of the players run arond like a headless chicken hehe
Often I actually try to avoid using supply cart vs them, unless if it’s going for the killing blow, cause the Turrents will more often help him, then deal him damage!

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Haha! Now you spilled the beans and every Wild Bill out there will go for our turrets!
Oh noes!

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Ink.9058

Cool; I had nearly the exact same build floating around my head while I was leveling, but I went, “Nah, that’s never gonna work…” Now I’m definitely going to try it. I’ve only just started pvp in this game (think I’ve played 3 sessions of spvp so far), so I’m trying out a lot of builds. This seems like it will fix the awkward gap that I seemed to have when I was using Mask’s P/P HGH Toolkit setup, where I would play out my prybar and pistol shots, and be left autoattacking wishing I had something better to be doing. Looking forward to getting exotics and stuff for WvW, but I want to have a good idea what build I’m going to be playing before I do that.

EDIT: mind if I PM you another build I’ve been thinking about? I don’t want to hijack your thread but I’d love to get some more experienced eyes on it; since I’m so new I can’t always tell if a lack of success is the build or just me :P

(edited by Ink.9058)

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

I know that akward “Auto attacking time” you talk about, I have it with all our weapons but the Flamethrower! One of the main reasons I allmost allways have two kits! It’s a nice feeling to allways have something usefull to press! The bombs is also quite strong is sPvP when fighting at points, so I’m sure it will be usefull, most bunker guardiens melt under condition damage!

You are more then welcome to PM me your build and I will galdly take a look at it! This goes for everyone that got questions or a build they would like me to look at!

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Okay everyone! I made the first movie with commentary yesterday! Sat down with plenty of water and made brainstorm about what I should talk about! I ended up with deciding to start out at the very basic: Weapons and Weapon kits!
First off, I want to make sure even new players can follow and understand the work I’m going to create, so I need to cover the basics, so they can go watch stuff like this to see how everything works

Secondly, I have never done anything like this before, so I wanted to start it all out with something really simple, that I could have an easy time to sit down and talk about it! So for me it’s also a matter of learning the basics of creating this kind of movies! While it is so simple and the most basic, most of the veterans Engineer palyers should be able to help me out on what I do wrong, before I step up to some harder stuff!

I hope you guys will give me feedback on it, and tell me about what you would like to see and have me talk about! I know my english ain’t the best, but this is give me some good trainning in it haha!

Anyway, here we go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAn9aaRCvU0&feature=youtu.be

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

I’m watching your video now.
Thanks for making it and so far it has been good and I think it’s a good guide for new engineers and be much appreciated!

One tiny thing I’d like to point out though is, that the combination of loads of room information on your quiet voice audio signal and heavily compressed loud music makes it sometimes difficult to understand what you are saying. This is most apparent in the beginning.

Now I realise you can’t rerecord all your commentaries, but you could try to remove the ambient room information from it with an audio application/addon, or, if you’re not comfortable doing this, just lower the volume of the music in the video.

To make it more easy next time, try to record more of your ‘direct’ voice audio information and less room information, i.e. get much closer to the microphone.
If your voice sounds unnatural with less room information, most audio processing applications let you put a small ‘ambience’ type reverb on it to make it more natural without swamping it in reverb.

Edit: The voice sound gets better (closer) when you start talking about the pistol, but theres still a lot of potentially distracting room information there.

Pannonica
Red Guard

(edited by Pannonica.5378)

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@ Pannoica! Thanks a lot for your honest feedback! I will try lower the background music some more, and I have gotten my hands on a real Mic. for commentary work, so in the next movie I’m gonna use that! I will try test out where to place it and how it should turn to only get my voice (Designed to only take in sound from one direction by lowering all sound inputs from another side)

So I hope I will figure it out! I made some of the parts earlier on the day (Pistols ect.) and some after I had made dinner (the beginning and Rifle ect), and I can hear the sound difference aswell, so I have probaly moved the mic to a “worse” position hehe! But I will work on it! glad for the feedback and tips!

Also, Osicat just uploaded two of the really good duels that he recorded (I didn’t record them cause I was out of space) and the second fight is hillarious at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKZLCBwSC-8

in Engineer

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Hey! Your videos are awesome. I kind of dislike being bottle necked into pry bar though. Basically every condition build you posted takes the biggest chunk of burst from that one skill.

Do you think there are rifle builds possible that arent glass cannon but rather Power/Vit/Toughness? I don’t know if they still can bring up the damage to do soemthing then.

in Engineer

Ink.9058

Really enjoyed all your videos so far, and doing some commentary was definitely a good idea. It sounds like you’re getting some of the voice-quality issues worked out (though TBH it wasn’t that much of an issue to me), so once that’s done they’ll be really great! Very much looking forward to your next vid; as a new player these are very helpful to me.

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@Dojo, I simply love the utility of the Toolkit and the power of prybar to much for not taking it, but it really ain’t a “must” have! You can do condition damage builds without it, you can make HGH builds that use the grenade kit or bomb kit as support kit (and else take Elixir H,B and S/R), or you can even make a Bomb kit + Grenade kit build, that still will have plenty of damage! It’s just that Prybar after that buff (and I used toolkit before that haha) is so amazing strong!

I would problay never make a pure P/V/T build, but I have been thinking on a P/V/T Armor with Berserker Jewels, or Knight Armor with Valk jewels, build, but I’m not yet sure how it should be done! But you would for sure be able to make a Rifle-grenade setup like that, you could even throw in some HGH! Also, still dreaming about a Rifle /FT combo, but still think the FT needs some work, but I will soon have time to test some Rifle action again! But atm. I think our condition damage stand strongest!

@Ink glad you liked it! I will start working on the next movie as soon as I got the time!!

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Okay everyone! here goes part 1 and part 2 (uoloaded it doing the night) of my videos with voice commentary covering the Utility Skills of the Engineer! I have tried raise the volume of my voice and remove background noise so hope this one works out better! I have tried to make it a bit more organised aswell, and also I come with suggestions to changes that would make some of the skills viable in my opinion! Anyway, I hope for great feedback for this one aswell, and next video is gonna be about trait lines:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZANyfhgFT6E&feature=youtu.be

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZMPDeRrSBs&feature=youtu.be

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

oh, it’s much better now amadeus, you should remake the first video commentary with this sound setup.

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Hehe glad to hear it’s better! Then I got something going for me! Your probaly right about remakeing the frist the make it more clear, I will put that on my to do list!