_Drop Antidote_ stealth nerf?

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Perhaps it’s a bug or I’m merely bitter and/or paranoid, but… did ANet stealth nerf the aforementioned Med Kit ability? It used to remove several or all conditions, now it only cures one.
Well, if it is a nerf we all saw it coming, all the complaints about engineers steamrolling other classes, all the elementalists re-rolling the real versatility class without a damage malus.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dyeus.6759

Dyeus.6759

I want to say this was changed at launch but I can’t really say for sure since my first character was a warrior. It has been like that for awhile and that is one reason I am running with the healing turret now.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I believe this stealth nerf happened during the december update, or at least that’s the first time anyone mentioned it. I don’t know who noticed it first but I remember hearing about it from this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Catalog-of-Stealth-Nerfs/first#post1192114

in Engineer

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

This did not get recently stealth nerfed. It’s been the way it is now since BWE 2.

That catalog of stealth nerfs linked by JohnDied is full of misinformation.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

this change happened in the december patch at the same time that they changed abilities like warhorn for warriors to only remove one cond instead of all. this was at the same time they limited aoe effects to 5 players/foes.

but ya, not a stealth nerf, just an annoying one.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

Tooltip still says: cures conditionS
Too bad, 1 condition indeed is not much.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

not the first tooltip error in the game.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I want to say this was changed at launch but I can’t really say for sure since my first character was a warrior. It has been like that for awhile and that is one reason I am running with the healing turret now.

It didn’t it must be a new thing I just used it about a week ago to take off bleeding and chilled in Diessa Plateau. WOW just wow… sad. Guess the bugs are stacking up again like normal Just read about the speed boost of slick shoes.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

I can promise your unwarranted paranoia is doing the engineering class no good. It has only removed one condition since launch, I promise. During the first or second BWE it removed 3 conditions, but since then it has been only 1.

in Engineer

gkaare.8576

this change happened in the december patch at the same time that they changed abilities like warhorn for warriors to only remove one cond instead of all. this was at the same time they limited aoe effects to 5 players/foes.

but ya, not a stealth nerf, just an annoying one.

That’s not accurate.

I can promise your unwarranted paranoia is doing the engineering class no good. It has only removed one condition since launch, I promise. During the first or second BWE it removed 3 conditions, but since then it has been only 1.

This guy knows what’s up.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

okay, but how was mistaking that the change happened later a form of paranoia? i honestly only noticed it after the warhorn nerf (and after having switched from war to engie), and i think i have a track record of being quite anti paranoid about the game on these forums ..

and tigerius, why so serious? also .. you only JUST used the drop antitode a week ago? i thought you had hundreds of hours on your engie?

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

It’s been the same sine launch, when I started playing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

almost useless in pvp and wvw same for the trait that removes conditions each time you are affected by an elixir whats the point in removing 1 skill when you get 4 slapped each time you do.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

almost useless in pvp and wvw same for the trait that removes conditions each time you are affected by an elixir whats the point in removing 1 skill when you get 4 slapped each time you do.

The key is to try to choose the condition you want to remove. A skill that removes 1 condition always removes the last one applied (or the last “stack” updated) so if you watch your condition bar it’s possible to get rid of that stack of 10 bleeds while ignoring the 2 vulnerabilities.

As for the rest of the thread: we’re engineers, let’s be more accurate. As many people have said, it’s been one condition since one of the beta tests so we shouldn’t be crying “stealth nerf!” I wouldn’t mind if it got buffed, though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Antidote removed ALL conditions AFTER LAUNCH. This was not changed in some BWE. I used it generously on my tropes through Orr to remove the tons of conditions mobs applied.
And then it was stealthnerfed.

This stealthnerf however has happed months ago. And ive made a bugreport, and ive also posted about it in the thread of engineer bugs.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

you ppl are nuts or what? look at what your skills are doing pl so you stop the omg stealth nerf every time.
drop antidote was removing one condition for 6+ months now so saying “oh man just a week ago it used to clear all conditions” makes you look unaware or schizophrenic.
if you really believe it was clearing all conditions just consider this:
a skill that remove all conditions on a 15s cd …not op at all…and logical for us to have…
don`t ever trust the tooltips in this game if something looks really good
its probably wrong.
so no its not a bug just a tooltip error and your probably “bitter and/or paranoid”.

*i`ll say this sometimes it can bug out and remove more then one(very rare) and only if the condition was applied at the same time you used the antidote.
i think that ppl weren’t aware what was clearing there conditions and assumed it was the antidote.

in Engineer

gkaare.8576

Antidote removed ALL conditions AFTER LAUNCH. This was not changed in some BWE. I used it generously on my tropes through Orr to remove the tons of conditions mobs applied.

This stealthnerf however has happed months ago. And ive made a bugreport, and ive also posted about it in the thread of engineer bugs.

No. You did not. You’re just dead wrong.

Here’s a video of Teldo using Med Kit right after BWE 2 during a stress test BEFORE LAUNCH. He uses Drop Antidote to remove a stack of Bleeding at about 81s in.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

No. You did not. You’re just dead wrong.

Here’s a video of Teldo using Med Kit right after BWE 2 during a stress test BEFORE LAUNCH. He uses Drop Antidote to remove a stack of Bleeding at about 81s in.

I did and YOU are the one who is dead wrong. I was in Orr when the game went down for a patch, and when i got back its shortly after when i noticed that i wasnt removing all conditions anymore.
I was standing at lone post writing the bug report. And i reported the issue on the forum in one of the big bug threads we had going on at that time.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

I did and YOU are the one who is dead wrong. I was in Orr when the game went down for a patch, and when i got back its shortly after when i noticed that i wasnt removing all conditions anymore.
I was standing at lone post writing the bug report. And i reported the issue on the forum in one of the big bug threads we had going on at that time.

Nope, you’re wrong. I’ve been using medkit since launch, it only removes one condition, it always has since the second or third BWE. I never used the elixir heal past level 10 ‘cause it was bad, and I’ve only recently begun to consider using the turret since it doesn’t apply level 1 regen anymore. If you were in Orr, there’s a huge chance you were running around with other players, and “Shake it Off!” or “Save Yourselves!” was going off, or traited warrior warhorn, or something. The engineer has no abilities that remove more than 1 condition except Elixir C (this is pre-traiting, so don’t bring 409 into this) and Cleansing Burst (healing turret). Everything else takes off one condition at a time on the engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

In my experience, Kamahl, gkaare and cottage are right : since the last few betas, antidote has cured a single condition. That is the way it is, plus quite logical from a balance point of of view.

I like this job. I like it !

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Perhaps it’s a bug or I’m merely bitter and/or paranoid, but… did ANet stealth nerf the aforementioned Med Kit ability? It used to remove several or all conditions, now it only cures one.
Well, if it is a nerf we all saw it coming, all the complaints about engineers steamrolling other classes, all the elementalists re-rolling the real versatility class without a damage malus.

Hate to break it to you but it’s been like this for month and months now. This is intended and part of the ongoing balancing process. Previously condition removals were too strong.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Nope, you’re wrong. I’ve been using medkit since launch, it only removes one condition, it always has since the second or third BWE. I never used the elixir heal past level 10 ‘cause it was bad, and I’ve only recently begun to consider using the turret since it doesn’t apply level 1 regen anymore. If you were in Orr, there’s a huge chance you were running around with other players, and “Shake it Off!” or “Save Yourselves!” was going off, or traited warrior warhorn, or something. The engineer has no abilities that remove more than 1 condition except Elixir C (this is pre-traiting, so don’t bring 409 into this) and Cleansing Burst (healing turret). Everything else takes off one condition at a time on the engineer.

Agree. Put traits in there though and Kit Refinement can make you a condition removing beast.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/