[Elite Spec Suggestion] Golemancer

in Engineer

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Keystone1: allow you to equip staff and unlock Minion abilities.

Staff1: two hit chain (medium range, about 600 or so). First hit cripples, second hit place a charge on your target. When three charges are placed, they will explode, dealing damage to nearby enemies and chill them.
Staff2: launch a bolt of magical ice towards your target, dealing damage to all enemies in its way. When it reach maximum range, it will return to you, dazing all enemies struck.
Staff3: Rush forward dealing damage and immobilizing all enemies hit and then evade backwards.
Staff4: stay still and create a field around yourself. Allies in this field gain regeneration and enemies gets chilled.
Staff5: first use: start gathering water for X sec. Second use: after you gathered enough water, release a wave, dealing damage to enemies in a cone and knock them back. Enemies git will also get chilled.

Healing: Quick Healing Assistant: summon a special golem to heal you. It will heal you every X sec. This golem will try to avoid combat and will always have super speed on him.
Active: dispose of your golem, gaining regeneration, stability and resistance.
Toolbelt: take on a golden form for X sec (something like 3-6 sec). While in this form, you take X% less damage and heal for X% when healing others.

Utility1: Summon Ice-Maker Golem: summon a special golem to attack nearby enemies. This golem attack in waves, dealing damage to enemies and chilling them.
Active: trigger self-destruction sequence. After X sec, this golem will explode, dealing damage to nearby enemies and chill them.
Toolbelt: launch a chilling bot at your target.

Utility2: Summon Fortress Golem: summon golem with very vitality and toughness. It will attack nearby enemies.
Active: pulse protection to nearby allies.
Toolbelt: cause this golem to emit a magnetic field, causing all projectiles to hit this golem instead of nearby allies.

Utility3: Summon Sneak Golem: summon golem who remains in stealth out of combat and deals heavy damage when attacking out of stealth.
Active: cause this golem to enter stealth.
Toolbelt: stealth yourself and remove up to X conditions from yourself.

Utility4: Summon Repair Golem: summon golem who repairs other golems and grants regeneration to nearby allies. This golem will always try to avoid combat.
Active: cause this golem to zap your target, immobilizing it.
Toolbelt: take on iron form for X sec. While in this form, you are immune to critical strikes.

Elite: Golem Fusion: summon powerful golem, which will devour your other golems gaining their stats. While this golem is active, you can’t summon other golems.
Active: mount this golem, taking direct control of it. You can’t be attacked directly while mounting.
Toolbelt: stun nearby enemies and chill them.

Traits

Tier1:
1) When one of your golems dies, it will chill nearby enemies and create ice field. Your chills will last X% longer.
2) Chills will be X% less effective on you. Gain quickness when you gain swiftness.
3) Your Quick Healing Assistant will also give regeneration to nearly allies. Your Summon Repair Golem will now heal other golems much more while Quick Healing Assistant is alive.

Keytone2: when you get downed, summon Mini Ice-Maker Golem for X sec.

Tier2
1) When you score a critical hit, gain a charge. When you reach X charges, summon Mini Sneak Golem for X sec.
2) When you gain regeneration, gain a charge. When you reach X charges, summon Mini Repair Golem for X sec.
3) When you inflict a damaging condition on an enemy, gain a charge. When you reach X charges, overcharge your next basic attacks, causing it to burn all damaged enemies.

Keystone3: your combat focused golems will attempt to finish nearby enemies. However, their finishing are X% slower than yours.

Tier3:
1) When you burn an enemy, also chill that enemy (short CD). Inflicting a chill will also cause your target to take X instant damage (scales with condition damage).
2) All your’s and your golem’s chills are replaced by burns. Deal X% more direct damage to burning enemies.
3) When one of your golems dies, it will respawn after X sec with full health (and refreshed duration). Can happen on one golem only once.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Why people keep suggesting more AIs!?

Don’t get me wrong, Regon, I think your spec idea is interesting and could be really fun. But we know Anet can’t deal properly with minions and AIs, and engie already have two skill lines of AIs, one of them almost completely useless, and the other very debatable.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Regon Phoenix.8215

Why people keep suggesting more AIs!?

Don’t get me wrong, Regon, I think your spec idea is interesting and could be really fun. But we know Anet can’t deal properly with minions and AIs, and engie already have two skill lines of AIs, one of them almost completely useless, and the other very debatable.

This is just my personal preference. I love minions. Even those in GW2.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

0/10 we have more than enough minion crap on engi already

in Engineer

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Other than the AI issues people already mentioned, what I can see working well is a golem pet much like how Rangers have their pet. You can have utilities that installs mods which work almost exactly like you suggested for a period of time. What I would like more is the staff having skills that buff, enhance or improve your golem pet and maybe nearby allies so it can function as a good support build as well. Like for example, why not make those charges you mentioned explode when the golem executes it’s basic attack against a target with them instead?

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Minion necro is amazing in dungeons/fractals.
Maybe give them golems retaliation so they can be useful in wvw and pvp as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

no A.I. anymore after that… gyro stuff. A banner mechanic would be nice though or how about a “buff field well” mechanic cause that would fit perfectly with blast finishers, a mechanic with a sort of shroud like the necro and now also druid got would be cool too, or how about they raid horriks armory and give the engi some heavy duty bazooka… or other kits that work more like summons of the ele with some sort of ammo count or a darn mech suit mechanic (think asura elite skills) so there is a bit of a.i in it but doesnt mess up everything. Basically ANYTHING but unrelyable a.i. You saw what they did to anything a.i the engi got, the turrets are nerfed so far down they are now in australia and the drones can barely keep up with the scrapper and i wouldnt even trust them with tilting a bucket of water over….but with the engi luck we might aswell get a.i. that attacks the engi if summoned… hey.. its not that far off

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

A couple months ago I also suggested an elite spec that was called Golemancer It’s a cool name. I as many others don’t want more AI. It’s unreliable, often stupid, has pathing issues… no, just no.

I’d rather have an engi that would be able to summon golem suit that would function as necro’s death shroud. If anybody’s interested, here’s my suggestion: http://realmoflevi.blogspot.sk/2016/04/golemancer-engineer-elite-specialization.html

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

(edited by leviathan.2148)

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I am the 1% who supports you! XD

in Engineer

Regon Phoenix.8215

I think i love you.

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I think i love you.

But in all seriousness as much as I we would like this, why not go for the most realistic solution?

>•>

<•<

Make the gyros permanent minions? Copy paste necros, summon them and follow you until they die

in Engineer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Yes! I have been waiting for another AI based spec!

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i may not like all of the e-specs you’ve designed but i’m really glad you keep thinking them up. I think this time around though, engineer would need a brand new weapon type (as in doesn’t exist yet) for their design philosophy and current kit to make sense. unless the next spec is some sort of tech-knight or something. that would be fuuuuun.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.