Elite skill: elixir X... why nerf it upon using?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I’ve been trying out the elixir X to see what it could do against thiefs for example, or other heavy stunning builds.

While transformed you gain stability after all, and have loads of health while doing a lot of aoe cc and damage (in either form).
Sounds like a thief counter to me… hence I tried it in spvp this evening.

With reduced cooldown on elixirs, and since the cd starts on drinking and not when the transformation is oover… you can get the cd to about 96 second or so I think.
Which is acceptable, much more than the 180 seconds of the supply crate.

Ok, so when drinking that elixir X, you get a cast bar showing the drinking… and than you get ANOTHER cast bar showing the transformation I guess!

I tried this in spvp, not a SINGLE time did I manage to use my ‘elite’ spell, simply because of these 2 cast bars.

This small feature alone ruins the elixir X in pvp.

I already gathered supply crate was the only way to go, but I feel like testing and questioning every little detail of this profession.

Having elite skills that you can’t even START is beyond stupid, as a mechanic.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Zandur.5012

Zandur.5012

Not saying this isn’t bad design but usually when I take elixir X i also have elixir S. If I’m trying to pop elixir X in combat I first use Throw Elixir S on myself to either cloak or get stability. Sometimes when cloaked you still get cancelled by an AoE KB.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Needing another skill slot just to be able to use your elite skill… and even than it can fail.

There is something very very wrong with this.

Not that it’s a bad idea how you solve, but of all things an elite skill shouldn’t need a back up slot just to be be usable at all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kithzyan.5034

Kithzyan.5034

Surely an easyish fix to this problem (didn’t actually know about it to be honest, i’ve only used Elixir X in the mists for playing around) would be to make you Invulnerable during the transformation cast time. That way you’re still out of action for a second or two while it happens but can no longer be knocked/killed out of it.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

That could work.

But something as simple as ONE short cast bar would be ok too… yes, it can even be that simple.

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Make it throwable. Turning all allies into giants and all enemies into tinies.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Have you used it on an Asura?

Biggest disappointment ever: you look a bit different but you are not becoming a giant.
A Norn getting bigger is ok, but an Asura should get HUGE!

Nice idea on the throwing, maybe they should change the tooltip

‘removes all skills from the action bars of your allies, and replaces them by icons and tooltips they have no clue about what they do.
Oh, and if we forgot to mention: we even made that part random too… for those who cought on the first time.’

It would be like giving engineers aoe MOA… but on their own team.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

They should just make our Elite slot able to put another Utility Skill in there with the option of an Elite Utility Skill. So it would be 3 Regular Utilities+Elite, or just 4 Regular Utilities.