Eng highest dps class.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mell.4873

Mell.4873

Outside of stacking conditions eng is the highest dps. Using the 3 grenade build you attain 3x most other weapon dps. The best thing is it is ranged and not just 1200 but 1500. This is massive not to mention the 5 second haste with a 48 second cooldown with elixir build.
I previously thought warrior had the highest dps with great sword with 25 stacks of might. But this blows it out of the water. The biggest problem with this class is the lack of stabilise. But the elixir x can be buffed to a 68 seconds cooldown with rampage and 71 seconds with twister.
The reason I know is highest dps is based of maths. The timing in this game is way off so caste times are all wrong even some damage is.
Still though supreme ruler of dps is conditional damage because it has no cast time.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Axe warrior is actually the highest warrior DPS spec. That auto attack does ludicrous amounts of damage, and eviscerate is like hundred blades but claiming ‘huge numbers’ given HB’s channel time. But I see where you’re coming from, I finally hit full berserker’s last night and went through CoE – my crit ‘nades were hitting for 1.4-1.8k depending on mob, and I was dropping the stimulant from medkit and abusing the Scope trait as well for some pretty high crit chances. I’ve actually stopped using bomb kit due to this, ’cause.. swapping to that actually makes me lose damage, even if just to drop flame bomb and concussion bomb.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Oh god, if we’re the highest dps I hope they nerf us. :-P I’d rather play a sub-par class than a class where every dungeon run, event, and PvP match consists of 90% of them.

Whatever it takes, stop the mass exodus to Engineer land, Arenanet!

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Grenades are the highest dps yes.
But condition damage second? lol. not even close.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

“Axe warrior is actually the highest warrior DPS spec. That auto attack does ludicrous amounts of damage, and eviscerate is like hundred blades but claiming ‘huge numbers’ given HB’s channel time. But I see where you’re coming from, I finally hit full berserker’s last night and went through CoE – my crit ‘nades were hitting for 1.4-1.8k depending on mob, and I was dropping the stimulant from medkit and abusing the Scope trait as well for some pretty high crit chances. I’ve actually stopped using bomb kit due to this, ’cause.. swapping to that actually makes me lose damage, even if just to drop flame bomb and concussion bomb.”
You do realize the axe has multiple attacks, 5 i believe. Also the whole chain is like 4 seconds its quite slow compared to greatsword. The main thing is the greatsword stacks might which is a 20-40% increase in damage. It also DOUBLES condition damage and if your smart us use bleed sigils so it over right anyone stack conditions.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

The reason i say this is the caste times are about double what they say for most attacks. But condition stacks are always a second. It is possible to get about 2-3k damage a second with bleed. Nothing can compare to this.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

Highest dps against an absolutely stationary target? maybe. Not really though, cause…you know…backstab thieves and all.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Casia.4281

The reason i say this is the caste times are about double what they say for most attacks. But condition stacks are always a second. It is possible to get about 2-3k damage a second with bleed. Nothing can compare to this.

I find most attacks are exactly what they say. I get 25 shots on rifle in 20s.

Granted, double checking grenades.
1.5s air time. 1s recast. Not .5s.
Still 1.43/s on grenade 1. +g2, and barrage.

Vul stacking, +10% damage if you take that, bleed stacking itself via shrapnel, and sharpshooter.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Casia.4281

2-3k/s bleed would take a VERY large amount of +condition damage, and a lot of stacking.
25 stacks of 2400 cond damage. who can stack 25 stacks by themselves?
even that shrapnel/sharpshooter only does about 15.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

why why cant a reply without posting something first werd forums

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

2-3k/s bleed would take a VERY large amount of +condition damage, and a lot of stacking.
25 stacks of 2400 cond damage. who can stack 25 stacks by themselves?
even that shrapnel/sharpshooter only does about 15.

You can stack that with the great sword, also the longbow for warrior. Elixirs have the possibility of getting about 20. The ele can get about 20 to with the sceptre. So it is definitely possible to get a very high amount of stacks.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Highest dps against an absolutely stationary target? maybe. Not really though, cause…you know…backstab thieves and all.

Exactly. Theoratically it might be the highest dps, but sadly enemies are moving…

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

yes they will be stationary

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

I must say I never thought I would hear these words in the Engineers forums. Sounds like someone stood still in wvw while getting grenades tossed at them and now they are complaining that engineers are the highest DPS class in the game.

Quite Hilarious I must say. Wow is —-—> that way.

It’s the maths nothing else. Weather you hit or not is not my concern in terms of maths it is the highest.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

I mostly do pve so this is powerful. In terms of wvw i would use a range of weapons for different circumstances. but hasting a grenade barrage can down people on walls at an alarming rate. i would never use this on a moving target only those who are stationary or groups.
Dont use it in spvp. I prefer bombs.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

Mell.4873

You can stack that with the great sword, also the longbow for warrior. Elixirs have the possibility of getting about 20. The ele can get about 20 to with the sceptre. So it is definitely possible to get a very high amount of stacks.

correct me if im wrong… but i dont think thats true…. maybe a thief popping every cooldown and trick and initiative point they have, can get up to 20 stacks solo, but they cant sustain it.

as a condition alchemist engineer myself, i can easily and Realiably keep a good 7-9 stacks of bleed, doing 110 per bleed, per second. Thats roughly 800-1000 damage a second, plus my direct damage, which is roughly 200, or 350 on crit. Then, you factor in the 1k burn that procs roughly every 3-5 seconds of firing…. sometimes quicker… luck is a factor. Now, take in mind that every shot is piercing, and does a small AE damage effect, for roughly the same as the direct damage itself (200, 350 crit) that ALSO has a chance to proc more burns/bleeds….. meaning if enemys are VERY tightly packed, i might get up to 12 bleeds or so per target…. not 20. the ONLY way an engineer could reach 20 is with help…. either that, or you have a ton of condition duration, in which case i doubt they’re doing much damage….

so, condition builds do Reliable damage, and albeit not as Much as Nades can pump out, its reliable….

Also, (this is for everyone) DPS DOES NOT MATTER. i will repeat, DPS DOES NOT MATTER. the objective to any quest or point in this game, is NOT, Do the absolute maximum damage you CAN…. that is irrelevant… DPS is one variable of many.

in conclusion, EVERY spec is reliable, and effective, if YOU are reliable, or effective…. if you are neither, and using a cookie cutter build, doing the highest DPS you can, then you Still suck =p

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

Mell.4873

correct me if im wrong… but i dont think thats true…. maybe a thief popping every cooldown and trick and initiative point they have, can get up to 20 stacks solo, but they cant sustain it.

as a condition alchemist engineer myself, i can easily and Realiably keep a good 7-9 stacks of bleed, doing 110 per bleed, per second. Thats roughly 800-1000 damage a second, plus my direct damage, which is roughly 200, or 350 on crit. Then, you factor in the 1k burn that procs roughly every 3-5 seconds of firing…. sometimes quicker… luck is a factor. Now, take in mind that every shot is piercing, and does a small AE damage effect, for roughly the same as the direct damage itself (200, 350 crit) that ALSO has a chance to proc more burns/bleeds….. meaning if enemys are VERY tightly packed, i might get up to 12 bleeds or so per target…. not 20. the ONLY way an engineer could reach 20 is with help…. either that, or you have a ton of condition duration, in which case i doubt they’re doing much damage….

so, condition builds do Reliable damage, and albeit not as Much as Nades can pump out, its reliable….

Also, (this is for everyone) DPS DOES NOT MATTER. i will repeat, DPS DOES NOT MATTER. the objective to any quest or point in this game, is NOT, Do the absolute maximum damage you CAN…. that is irrelevant… DPS is one variable of many.

in conclusion, EVERY spec is reliable, and effective, if YOU are reliable, or effective…. if you are neither, and using a cookie cutter build, doing the highest DPS you can, then you Still suck =p

DPS does matter and a lot. The longer it takes to kills a mob or a player more chance they have to react. In wvw i can approach a group of people haste and lower their health tremendously before they can react to my attack. Grenades act in a barrage fashion so I can get about 12 grenades in the air before the can roll. This only really works in wvw though. Also you get 3 attacks per second which can all proc bleed not to mention the 5 cd on a bleed skill.

Dps is mostly a big player in dungeons. I find people or groups with low dps are consistently terrible. The majority of players are not very bright. So I would much rather have a higher dps warrior over a necro.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

@OP
Really? because I can take an Eng using grenades even if I am not prepared. However if a thief gets me flat footed. I am dead in less than 5 secs.

Sure grenades are nice but they are far from the be all end all. Put them in the hand of a skillful player they are awesome. However put stealth in the hands of a skillful player and they are awesome. Put either of these in a average player they are average.

In the end Skill is greater than DPS.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Using the 3 grenade build you attain 3x most other weapon dps.

Bad math is bad.

If your point were true, then 1 single grenade would do as much damage as other weapons in total, which is demonstrably false.

It is also false in general with 3 grenades, because other classes can do more damage over time than grenades can (Mesmers, Warriors, Rangers in particular), and can do so entirely independent of moving targets.

Fact: Engineers do not do “3x” the damage of most other classes (nor weapons). Grenades are mostly even with some specs, and are outdamaged by several (for example by a good Mesmer build, which can do about 20% more dps than a grenade spammer with the same stats can put out on a static target)

I find people or groups with low dps are consistently terrible.

I find that people that care for DPS so much that they do bogus math like you tend to be the terrible ones.

DPS does, indeed, not matter all that much. Lupicus P2 is not a DPS race, it’s a survival fight, for example. People that go overboard on this fight are usually the ones that die, whereas the slow people tend to survive. It’s “lol dps” groups that chainwipe on this guy, while smart groups that don’t care much for DPS tend to do him first try.

The only fight where DPS matters right now is the twin-golem fight at the end of a certain Sorrows Embrace path. You know the one, the one that is bugged to do far more damage than it should.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tigger.8035

Tigger.8035

This is by far the worse use of the word skill I’ve ever read

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

leftharted.7102

Tigger.8035

Nepocrates.3642:

then obviously you dont read very much…

DPS is one of maybe 20-50 variables that will actually decide who ‘wins’… The most important variable? SKILL!! you can spec however you want, if you Suck, your still going to Suck.

i play a condition / alchemy spec… some people do more damage, but i dont suck. I pay attention. And that has won more matches for me than ANYTHING else…. in Any MMO, for that matter….

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

It’s technically true, though. Someone with higher DPS that gets downed in the end does contributes less damage to the fight than someone with smaller DPS that doesn’t die.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Exactly. Theoratically it might be the highest dps, but sadly enemies are moving…

You do realize engineers move too right? We can keep endurance up in ridiculous rates and have a ridiculous amount of dodges.

I am curious though, how do they dodge with a net shot on them? or after Glue shot? How do they dodge after throw shield stuns them? Were they countering with immobilize removal?

That covers all 3 weapons there. If your running around using nothing but grenades and staying in hat kit set all of the time, you are doing it wrong. There is a counter to everything in this game. You complain about moving and dodging players as if you sit there yourself and take what they dish out willingly. You are just as capable of dodging as they are. More so with Toss elixir S, invigorating speed, elixir R, adrenalin implant, adrenalin pump.

Infused Precision+ Invigorating Speed+Adrenal Implant are a ridiculous combo that allow you to avoid incredible amounts of damage.

If your trying to stand at max range in an open field in WvW, with grenade kit armed the whole time and not using any skills that support it, you will lose every time. At this point, it doesn’t read as if there is any issue with the grenades, but with the manner in which you are utilizing them.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

@OP
Really? because I can take an Eng using grenades even if I am not prepared. However if a thief gets me flat footed. I am dead in less than 5 secs.

Sure grenades are nice but they are far from the be all end all. Put them in the hand of a skillful player they are awesome. However put stealth in the hands of a skillful player and they are awesome. Put either of these in a average player they are average.

One word, ranged. Wvw stealth not so great. spvp never use grenades

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Tigger.8035

Tigger.8035

Nepocrates.3642:

DPS is one of maybe 20-50 variables that will actually decide who ‘wins’… The most important variable? SKILL!! you can spec however you want, if you Suck, your still going to Suck.

i play a condition / alchemy spec… some people do more damage, but i dont suck. I pay attention. And that has won more matches for me than ANYTHING else…. in Any MMO, for that matter….

can we make more specific and detailed points rather than making posts like these please.

It’s posts like these that are the catalyst for putting words in peoples mouths.

But anyway, here we go. Disregarding tank/support builds and speaking on a completely offensive stand point (because only then can we discuss skill vs dps on an easier field)

Luckily GW2 is an mmorpg game with skill shots and the ability to dodge and make other players miss. luckily

Outside of the sPvP area where pvp isn’t balanced, WVW, saying skill > DPS is incorrect.

Why? because if im using all lvl 10 masterwork gear and fight someone with exotics, I will get 1 shotted.

If I do a dungeon with terrible gear against High DPS/ High HP enemies, I’ll die and be a detriment to my team, which may ultimately cause the attempt to fail.

sPvP isn’t totally irrelevant in regards to this as well.

People cried (and Probably still do) about heart seeker thieves, Crit rifle warriors, Hundred Blade warriors. Cause all you had to do was press 1 or 2 buttons and put in work. There’s no precautionary matters certain professions could take to stop that, and there’s most certainly none to stop it 3+ times in a row.

The biggest problem with MMORPGS’s is that skill doesn’t play that big of a roll, sometimes there are things you’ll never get the upper hand on and more people need to understand that.

seldomly esports for a reason, take it with a grain of salt

(edited by Tigger.8035)

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Why? because if im using all lvl 10 masterwork gear and fight someone with exotics, I will get 1 shotted.

If your referring to being fully under geared then it is true. That is the particular players fault for for being under geared, and thus a bit irrelevant to the actual situation.

If your referring to being a level 10, in level 10 gear, it doesn’t scale that way, and you do not get one shotted unless you allow a very heavy hitting glass cannon to get the jump on you, and you have a low Hp/def build situation.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Tigger.8035

It’s completely relevant. I’m merely giving a situation.

(edited by Tigger.8035)

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

Using the 3 grenade build you attain 3x most other weapon dps.

Bad math is bad.

If your point were true, then 1 single grenade would do as much damage as other weapons in total, which is demonstrably false.

It is also false in general with 3 grenades, because other classes can do more damage over time than grenades can (Mesmers, Warriors, Rangers in particular), and can do so entirely independent of moving targets.

Fact: Engineers do not do “3x” the damage of most other classes (nor weapons). Grenades are mostly even with some specs, and are outdamaged by several (for example by a good Mesmer build, which can do about 20% more dps than a grenade spammer with the same stats can put out on a static target)

I find people or groups with low dps are consistently terrible.

I find that people that care for DPS so much that they do bogus math like you tend to be the terrible ones.

DPS does, indeed, not matter all that much. Lupicus P2 is not a DPS race, it’s a survival fight, for example. People that go overboard on this fight are usually the ones that die, whereas the slow people tend to survive. It’s “lol dps” groups that chainwipe on this guy, while smart groups that don’t care much for DPS tend to do him first try.

The only fight where DPS matters right now is the twin-golem fight at the end of a certain Sorrows Embrace path. You know the one, the one that is bugged to do far more damage than it should.

I like how you pointed out the Mesmer because that is the lowest dps class in the game, Outside of conditions. Unless you can keep the clones up.
So hear is the maths based on the tooltip. I test with a naked lvl 80. I have exaggerated the 3x it’s more like 2x if you know what you’re doing.

978 grenade dps

567.3333 great sword warrior dps

756 ele dagger dagger dragon claw

282.6667 warrior bow

Basic attacks account for about 80% of dps. As you can see melee is the only thing that could come close.

The reason I like dps in a group is because people can’t survive a fight so if they go ranged dps at least the can run back and help out.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

leftharted.7102

Congradulations!! you DO realize theres more than one variable to account for, im glad!!

heh, and BTW, your right that someone using lowbie gear would get one shotted… assuming this person is a little on the slow side, this is yet another variable that makes DPS matter Nill… because that dude in exotics, could have the absolute lowest "DPS’ spec possible, and still Win.

your calling out specific situations where DPS can be king, but neglecting to account for all the other times and places were it Isnt.

more specific and detailed points are TOO specific, because you cannot account for every little thing. Period.

therefore, you cannot solely account for just DPS. you have to account for EVERYTHING, meaning strictly having high DPS, doesnt mean your the best….

skills plays EVERY role, put a 8 year old on your account, in any situation you want… by your logic, he’ll do fine… Hah…

Skill DOES play a Huge roll, and more people need to understand that.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Tigger.8035

mmorpg delusion. check

Also don’t diss 8 year olds. They’ll kick your behind in FPS and practically any game if they know what they’re doing.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

Tigger.8035

Nepocrates.3642:

Honestly the best skill you can have is how to dodge not much else. i think all round dps is very important to those who are bad and those who are good. When you kill the mob 3x as fast because of you it helps.

(edited by Mell.4873)

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

Congradulations!! you DO realize theres more than one variable to account for, im glad!!

heh, and BTW, your right that someone using lowbie gear would get one shotted… assuming this person is a little on the slow side, this is yet another variable that makes DPS matter Nill… because that dude in exotics, could have the absolute lowest "DPS’ spec possible, and still Win.

your calling out specific situations where DPS can be king, but neglecting to account for all the other times and places were it Isnt.

more specific and detailed points are TOO specific, because you cannot account for every little thing. Period.

therefore, you cannot solely account for just DPS. you have to account for EVERYTHING, meaning strictly having high DPS, doesnt mean your the best….

skills plays EVERY role, put a 8 year old on your account, in any situation you want… by your logic, he’ll do fine… Hah…

Skill DOES play a Huge roll, and more people need to understand that.

All I’m doing is stating that grenades are the highest dps outside of condition damage. You can even stack 25 vun from crit.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

leftharted.7102

Mell

Honestly the best kill you can have is how to dodge not much else. i think all round dps is very important to those who are bad and those who are good. When you kill the mob 3x as fast because of you it helps.

yea, but if you go through your burst rotation, and get downed, while i stay alive, i accumulate more damage than you…..

and everyone can dodge. how is that a valid point? Oh you mean skill matters…. because you have to know when to dodge… Yep. thats kinda the point i made…

tigger

mmorpg delusion. check

Also don’t diss 8 year olds. They’ll kick your behind in FPS and practically any game if they know what they’re doing.

mmo delusion?? care to elaborate? i get the feeling you didnt have a rebudle prepared, and this was just a quicky….

and actually, i super agree =p ive gotten my butt handed to me by lil kids in FPS’s. Its all hand to eye coordination, instead of comprehension. Theirs no counters in a FPS, its whos faster…. i nthis game, its who’s faster at clicking the correct counter… which takes…. skill… heheh….

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

Mell

Honestly the best kill you can have is how to dodge not much else. i think all round dps is very important to those who are bad and those who are good. When you kill the mob 3x as fast because of you it helps.

yea, but if you go through your burst rotation, and get downed, while i stay alive, i accumulate more damage than you…..

and everyone can dodge. how is that a valid point? Oh you mean skill matters…. because you have to know when to dodge… Yep. thats kinda the point i made…

tigger

mmorpg delusion. check

mmo delusion?? care to elaborate? i get the feeling you didnt have a rebudle prepared, and this was just a quicky….

and actually, i super agree =p ive gotten my butt handed to me by lil kids in FPS’s. Its all hand to eye coordination, instead of comprehension. Theirs no counters in a FPS, its whos faster…. i nthis game, its who’s faster at clicking the correct counter… which takes…. skill… heheh….

Here is how you play guild wars. Never spec toughness. Even vitality can be a waste of time.
Go max dps and then for your utility skills go for a stability and invulnerability, escapes barriers really anything that can help. Another trick is to even leave combat if you’re being focused and you’re utilities are on cooldown.
A skilled player will know what to do at the right time while outputting the most damage. A bad player needs to keep as far out of combat as possible and use there utilities whenever he is getting attacked and then leave combat.
For me personally i do go more for survival than anything else. The best way to do this is stay ranged and use slows and roots. Which is why eng is so powerful.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

I fell that is horrible advice considering the mitigation toughness offers. In many situations like zerg clashes in WvW, you simply cannot avoid damage. I also find in various game modes, different build various work best, and those variations vary between play styles. As well, utilities that are most diversely helpful is a combo with stun breaker, condition removal, and stability. But situations vary.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

I sure as hell hope not, out of all of my 80s my mesmer does by far the least dps, it does quite literally half or less the damage my thief does. Yeah yeah thieves OP but still holy kitten, mesmers are not a good dps class and if we are worse? god kitten

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

leftharted.7102

mell

Here is how you play guild wars. Never spec toughness. Even vitality can be a waste of time.
Go max dps and then for your utility skills go for a stability and invulnerability, escapes barriers really anything that can help. Another trick is to even leave combat if you’re being focused and you’re utilities are on cooldown.
A skilled player will know what to do at the right time while outputting the most damage. A bad player needs to keep as far out of combat as possible and use there utilities whenever he is getting attacked and then leave combat.
For me personally i do go more for survival than anything else. The best way to do this is stay ranged and use slows and roots. Which is why eng is so powerful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…. alright, Alright… im done… i tuly believe now….

that ignorance is bliss =p

for the record, you are factually completely wrong about toughness….. JSYK….

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Yeah, there should be some forum rule about labeling completely inaccurate information as “fact”.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

I fell that is horrible advice considering the mitigation toughness offers. In many situations like zerg clashes in WvW, you simply cannot avoid damage. I also find in various game modes, different build various work best, and those variations vary between play styles. As well, utilities that are most diversely helpful is a combo with stun breaker, condition removal, and stability. But situations vary.

It has rubbish mitigation it increases the more damage is done. It’s the opposite to how its supposed to work

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

mell

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…. alright, Alright… im done… i tuly believe now….

that ignorance is bliss =p

for the record, you are factually completely wrong about toughness….. JSYK….

It is useless you might aswell go for vit

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Tigger.8035

Mell

tigger

mmorpg delusion. check

make a list of counters for “insert strategy here” for every profession.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Mell

tigger

mmorpg delusion. check

My experience couldn’t be more opposite. After changing gear from full exotic berserker to Vigil and dolyak runes my kill rate went up enormously. Why? Survivability. I don’t have to pull out as early when getting focus, I stay up longer, I get more kills. In WvW toughness and vitality are greater than precision and critical damage.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

leftharted.7102

okay! here’s a brief synopsis

Exploit range and/or line of sight when choosing target, OR when you hav been chosen as a target.

dodge / block / blind /stun break before or directly after any attack of any nature in which you should avoid getting hit with…. while simultaneously executing your own attacks, and trying to recognize when your target may blind / block / dodge / break / LoS counter you.

this is why Skill, and not DPS, solely effects the outcome of all encounters…

a group that can effectively negate damage better while sustaining DPS (which EVERY class, in EVERY proff. has some DPS with secondary effects to contribute) will do much better than any group or individual who Only factors DPS…

sheer DPS doesn’t win fights. Strategy does, and Strategy does not Require maximized DPS, only sustainable. Which, Everyone can do……

to much DPS sacrifices support/utility, to much support/utility sacrifices DPS. the answer is always to find a balance. Maximizing on one or the other is never the answer… unless you are teamed with someone covering the other bases, meaning you are using Strategy, and Neither person is useless…. Concluding the fact that, DPS is not the only factor of Any game. you must find balance, with a build that suites your style. if a high DPS bursty build suites your style, then Good!! but that does not mean that any other way isnt effective, it simply means You aren’t effective in that ‘way’.

im obviously being vague, because your only response was “well make a list then!”

so i made it short and sweet…

1. Rock → Scissors.
2. Scissors → Paper.
3. Paper → Rock.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Tigger.8035

disregard weapon slots and utility and trait limitations as well as utility/ defensive options available to profession….and the fact that majority of skills aren’t skill shot based and you have a well crafted post.

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

What do you mean by “skill shot based”?

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Tigger.8035

skills that aren’t targetted.

ex. On land grenades.

basically moves you aim that dont auto focus a target and can be dodged simply by getting out of its path of travel

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

Mell

tigger

mmorpg delusion. check

My experience couldn’t be more opposite. After changing gear from full exotic berserker to Vigil and dolyak runes my kill rate went up enormously. Why? Survivability. I don’t have to pull out as early when getting focus, I stay up longer, I get more kills. In WvW toughness and vitality are greater than precision and critical damage.

I can see melee survivability builds being okay. But if you get close people will still focus you and you will go down. Atleast at range you have a chance at taking people out aoe. I guess I’m saying it is better to kill the target faster than trying to survive there attacks

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Mell.4873

okay! here’s a brief synopsis

Exploit range and/or line of sight when choosing target, OR when you hav been chosen as a target.

dodge / block / blind /stun break before or directly after any attack of any nature in which you should avoid getting hit with…. while simultaneously executing your own attacks, and trying to recognize when your target may blind / block / dodge / break / LoS counter you.

this is why Skill, and not DPS, solely effects the outcome of all encounters…

a group that can effectively negate damage better while sustaining DPS (which EVERY class, in EVERY proff. has some DPS with secondary effects to contribute) will do much better than any group or individual who Only factors DPS…

sheer DPS doesn’t win fights. Strategy does, and Strategy does not Require maximized DPS, only sustainable. Which, Everyone can do……

to much DPS sacrifices support/utility, to much support/utility sacrifices DPS. the answer is always to find a balance. Maximizing on one or the other is never the answer… unless you are teamed with someone covering the other bases, meaning you are using Strategy, and Neither person is useless…. Concluding the fact that, DPS is not the only factor of Any game. you must find balance, with a build that suites your style. if a high DPS bursty build suites your style, then Good!! but that does not mean that any other way isnt effective, it simply means You aren’t effective in that ‘way’.

im obviously being vague, because your only response was “well make a list then!”

so i made it short and sweet…

1. Rock -> Scissors.
2. Scissors -> Paper.
3. Paper -> Rock.

Im not saying favour dps, I’m saying that this is the highest dps. Use all you other skills and weapons but keep in mind grenades are the best dps weapon in this game outside of condition damage

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

leftharted.7102

Heh, excuse me if im being blunt but… No…

i answered your question…. and your repsonse was to disregard the fact that we have alot more things to do than strictly DPS…. and you want me to tell you that you are right, DPS is king…

well, then… Yes….. you are right, Tigger. If you disregard all traits and all utility skills any class can do, then DPS is ALL that matters!!!! Woot!…… But, yuh know… when you stick all that back into the equation, then my list for you is still looking pretty solid in my opinion. Care to elaborate?

or am i understanding you wrong?

Eng highest dps class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

First of all I find it very annoying people saying: ‘your not using it right’ as hard as this class may be it’s not math at college or high philosophy. Most of us here are lvl 80 engineerds and I trust if you played with your engineer alot, you can play it right.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks