Engineer Bugs - Fresh start 14/11/2015

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Right so the old thread is extremely long and hard to read and the OP has not been updated for near a month.

A fresh start is needed if we expect these things to be fixed. Lets make it easier for the devs!

I would like everyone to post their bugs here and I will update the thread as needed, please include a method to reproduce the bug or I will not be adding it to the spreadsheet. Everything will be done in the spreadsheet for less clutter and improved visibility.

New Google Spreadsheet :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-VomThEM16Rn0_WglDB5Lzkgptv2V6wR0MOndtKn-g0/edit#gid=0

Old thread :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Bugs-Updated-Consolidated/first

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Could you add the one from my thread please?

Incendiary ammo’s burn duration increase is being calculated wrong in the tooltip;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Incendiary-Powder-2/first#post5757469

TL;DR – It is calculating it by increasing the base duration of kit/toolbelt burns by 33% and then increasing by 33% again – this is only a tooltip error, nothing major.

Thanks

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

Could you add the one from my thread please?

Incendiary ammo’s burn duration increase is being calculated wrong in the tooltip;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Incendiary-Powder-2/first#post5757469

TL;DR – It is calculating it by increasing the base duration of kit/toolbelt burns by 33% and then increasing by 33% again – this is only a tooltip error, nothing major.

Thanks

Done! Thanks for getting the ball rolling

in Engineer

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Magnet pull doesnt always pull. Its inconsistent. Sometimes trips, pulls half way, doesnt affect the target at all, and other times pulls.

Gyros get stuck on roots/rocks etc.

Hammer #3 sometimes sends you flying sideways, backwards, and is inconsistent.

Reviving with gyro doesn’t give exp.

Bulwark HP/Damage has been bugged for about 2-3 weeks. It dies instantly upon spawning, if you take any damage.

Detection Pulse has 300 Range, tooltip says 900.

Thats just a few that i know off the top of my head.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Static Discharge does still not work with a lot of Toolbelt-Skills.

Static Discharge´s damage is inconsistent. Probably dependant on which Toolbelt-Skill activates it.

Stomp Gyro gives up on stomping after it´s interrupted/the target ported away.

Bulwark Gyro takes 100% the damage the engineer´d originally get.

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

Thanks guys, added them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

• Medical Dispersion Field still appears to have an ICD (it shouldn’t have one anymore)
  • Medical Dispersion Field doesn’t trigger on all heals (regeneration provided by HT’s F1 for example).
  • Gyros still don’t follow the owner properly, an issue that should have been fixed on HoT release, according to Irenio.
  • Tooltip on Rapid Regeneration trait is not computing healing power.
  • Hammer #4 animation doesn’t match the block duration. The block is still active for 1 second after the animation finishes.
Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The reflect animation of hammer #2 seems to have an issue as well. There is a delay before both the reflect and the animation start. This makes it very problematic to make clutch reflects, such as with those pesky long bow users everywhere.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

Function Gyro seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it revives allies/stomps , and sometimes it just hovers in place doing nothing…

Also I’m gonna check the Medical Dispersion Field ICD claim again. last time I check it wasn’t having an ICD issue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

What’s sad is that Anet should publish their own Bug List for the Engineer. They know what bugs they are working on – obviously – and they should let us know too, so that we won’t waste our time on posts such as this.

They should let us see their own list, and tell us what they are prioritizing in way of fixes, and communicate to us the time-table and dead-lines that they have established for their own employees to resolve the issues.

The way that we – the paying customers – are being treated is similar to dropping a car off at a mechanics’s shop, and never being told what’s wrong, what it will cost to fix or when the car will be ready for pick up.

We’re all mature enough to realize that bugs are inevitable with the release of a major expansion. Transparency would go along ways towards establishing both respect and patience between Anet and their paying customers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Static Discharge does still not work with a lot of Toolbelt-Skills.

Static Discharge´s damage is inconsistent. Probably dependant on which Toolbelt-Skill activates it.

Stomp Gyro gives up on stomping after it´s interrupted/the target ported away.

Bulwark Gyro takes 100% the damage the engineer´d originally get.

The bulkwark gyro started taking full damage from watchful eye after the last relatively large post-HoT patch, but as far as I know it hasn’t been said whether it’s a bug or intended.

Sure would be nice if the class devs would post. At all.

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

Added the new ones, although I am awaiting further testing on MDF. Last time I tested it did not have an ICD.

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

OK it seems MDF still has no ICD, can someone confirm?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Why are not the old bugs (which still not fixed) in your list it makes no sense to make 2 lists and 2 threads.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: HellShadow.6813

HellShadow.6813

Broken predator effects for static discharge and grenade barrage.

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

Why are not the old bugs (which still not fixed) in your list it makes no sense to make 2 lists and 2 threads.

Starting new makes sense because the old ones are outdated.

Ill be working through the old list in time and add what I can.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

Ok… an old one, freshly tested:
Throw Elixir skills’ target priority is still bugged.
Find a couple of people stacked in a spot (shatterer for example), be without a group and throw one on yourself. You rarely ever get the effect.
If you are in a party, it correctly prioritizes you and party members first (party members don’t have to be there or even online for it to work correctly^^)

Edit: You list hammer #3 reflect when it should be hammer #2

(edited by Ooops.8694)

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Casting supply crate at max range then moving back will give an “out of range” error and only summon a healing turret and consume the skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Tartan.2408

Tartan.2408

I noticed today while running Cursed Shore train in a squad that most of the time when i summoned Bulwark Gyro that I did not receive the Watchful Eye buff even though the gyro was alive for 5s+ each time.

Anyone else can confirm this is happening?

in Engineer

DragoTheWise.7256

Ok. I did another test of MDF and it doesn’t have an ICD. There are still problems with some traits/skills not proc’ing it.

From my first test on the “older” bug list post with a few other things added today:

For one, the regeneration boon doesn’t proc it even if the combat log mentions that “You heal yourself for X using [Regeneration]” I made sure I was the only one using regeneration.

Healing turret procs it; however, if you use Cleanings Burst, it does not activate MDF despite it saying again it says “You heal yourself for X using Cleansing Burst”

Backpack Regenerator also doesn’t proc MDF… log says – “You heal yourself for X using [Backpack Regenerator]”

But what’s weird is that both Super Elixir, the impact heal and the pulse heal, and the Elixir Shell pulse heal, activates MDF for each pulse of its occurrence for both skills.

Now granted, Elixir Shell and Super Elixir have the “Healing: X” in the tool tip, but shouldn’t Cleansing Burst do it as well? It also has a “Healing: X” in the tool tip. Also, since Regeneration and Backpack regeneration is considered ‘healing yourself’, why don’t they proc?

I checked the other heal skills and I got the following-
Elixir H- Works fine.
Med Kit- Bandage self and all other skills work.
A.E.D.- It works for both the nonlethal and lethal procs.
Supply Crate Overcharge- Cleansing burst from this doesn’t proc
Soothing detonation- Procs
Rabid Regeneration- Procs
Healing Gyro- The initial heal will proc MDF, but the pulsing AOE heal called Reconstruction doesn’t proc MDF, despite saying in the log it is considered a self heal

Some skills work… some don’t despite these other skills/boons reporting in the log as “Healing yourself” This is where the true bug lies with this trait right now.

in Engineer

Posted by: HellShadow.6813

HellShadow.6813

Toolkit – > Pry bar
Before the spec rework patch, when performing pry bar skill, weapon(wrench) was changing to crowbar.

in Engineer

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Smoke Screen from flame turret doesn’t produce the smoke field or the blind.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

Looks like Rapid Regeneration is bugged? Before the Nov 17 patch I got the heal from swiftness and quickness but not it is only one at a time. With quickness heal having priority.

in Engineer

DragoTheWise.7256

Looks like Rapid Regeneration is bugged? Before the Nov 17 patch I got the heal from swiftness and quickness but not it is only one at a time. With quickness heal having priority.

Yep. I just tested this. They don’t add together… Rapid Regeneration from super speed over rides the healing done from swiftness instead of adding together :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Smoke Screen from flame turret doesn’t produce the smoke field or the blind.

Yes it does, but only it’s next attack after being overloaded, you can’t just place it and down have it overload without a target in range for it to attack.