Engineer Bugs (Updated & Consolidated)

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Medical Dispersion Field seems to still have an ICD of 5s.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

Bump to keep this thread alive. Don’t put Scrapper bugs here if you can avoid it, but Base Engineer bugs are still welcomed.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kewlman.5689

Kewlman.5689

Med kit tool belt skill Bandage Self is not affected by Mechanized Deployment.

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Magnet is still unreliable.

Not as bad as before so far, or ive just been luckier.

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Toolbelt skills still kitten up ability queuing; choosing the once so popular Static Discharge trait further deteriorates it.

Hey Anet, engineer skill chains are difficult enough without this issue.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Fragmentation Shot: Increased bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. (its 4s)
amr

Thats wrong, you probably chose the Firearms Trait-line, which gives you 33% bleeding duration.
But then again a strange thing that occures is this:
You get +33% bleeding-duration by the minor trait Serrated Steel. (4s)
If you also pick Chemical Rounds (50% Condi-duration) you get to a full 6s bleeding on Fragmentation Shot.
Why is that?/Is this intended?
Shouldnt it be 5,49s (Factor 1,83 on the base-duration) ?

Also, the Gadgeteer GM-Trait does not work at all at the moment.

Chemical rounds increases the base duration of condis, so you get an extra 50% of the 33%.

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Toolbelt skills still kitten up ability queuing; choosing the once so popular Static Discharge trait further deteriorates it.

Hey Anet, engineer skill chains are difficult enough without this issue.

HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED!?!?!

Seriously it has been messed up since June, this is not a small issue or a little bug. It makes static discharge builds basically unplayable and makes using any toolbelt skill that has a cast time a total chore.

ANet fixed the skill queue bug in Rev the week after it appeared and yet in the LIVE game they let this linger since June!

Pathetic.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Static Discharge has been a mess since release …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Yvonio.9380

Yvonio.9380

Not going to scroll through 10 pages to see if it’s been said before so if so, sorry…

YOU SAID YOU WOULD FIX AMR NOT RECHARGING CLEANSING BURST (Healing Turret flipover skill) BUT YOU DIDN’T ANET QQ. Seriously though, at least in PvP it’s still not recharging Cleansing Burst, which is really, really, really annoying. So please, do fix it this time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Previous

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

With AMR not working on Cleansing Burst it looks like there was more than one bug that was causing this – sigh. I believe I’ve fixed all of them this time. Fingers crossed.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

D: glad to hear that

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

With AMR not working on Cleansing Burst it looks like there was more than one bug that was causing this – sigh. I believe I’ve fixed all of them this time. Fingers crossed.

While you’re around, could we have any word on rifled barrels not being baseline for egun?

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

LOVING your presence Irenio. Been VERY concerned lately, you are going a long way in restoring the faith! Praise Abaddon.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Thank you!
still magnet bug and problem between vigor minor and the GM in tools

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Any updates on the skill queuing issue?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

Throw elixir skills prioritisation is still (again?) bugged…
If alone without a group and there are multiple allies in range (as in most open world boss events^^) 5 random people get the effect, myself not included.
If in a group even with one offline person it’s back to normal hitting me + 4 random allies.

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

Fragmentation Shot: Increased bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. (its 4s)
amr[/quote]

“Thats wrong, you probably chose the Firearms Trait-line, which gives you 33% bleeding duration.” my mistake – realize after i wrote a stupid thing…

“But then again a strange thing that occures is this:
If you also pick Chemical Rounds (50% Condi-duration) you get to a full 6s bleeding on Fragmentation Shot.
Shouldnt it be 5,49s (Factor 1,83 on the base-duration) ?”
on this – i think and see it works 50% on what gets out . so 50% of 4s is 2s so its 4s2s

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

“Thats wrong, you probably chose the Firearms Trait-line, which gives you 33% bleeding duration.” my mistake – realize after i wrote a stupid thing…

“But then again a strange thing that occures is this:
Shouldnt it be 5,49s (Factor 1,83 on the base-duration) ?”
on this – i think and see it works 50% on what gets out . so 50% of 4s is 2s so its 4s2s

chemical rounds “increases base duration”, which is “different” from “increasing condi duration”. so they stack multiplicatively instead of additively.

i cant say anything about bugs or intent, but this is how it works and if it didnt stack with full benefits then it would be a terrible trait because its fairly easy to hit 100% (or 98%) duration without the trait so its scope would be far too limited to replace food or runes because of how many of engis condis come from kits.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Magnet is STILL UNRELIABLE. I repeat Magnet is STILL NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.

Not yelling, just highlighting =D

Please I’m sick of swinging my prybar in air…

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

flamethrower is still a buggy piece of trash that stops hitting at random or sometimes wont hit due to " elevation" however if you disable auto attack you can hit said target even while aiming at the floor

Fortified turret bubble shields fail to activate at times and when this happens it happens to all of them sometimes healing turret works but others dont

i havent had my magnet pull, pull someone longer than 150-200 distance so far, if this is going to be used as an interrupt skill at least make it instant

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Magnet is STILL UNRELIABLE. I repeat Magnet is STILL NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.

Not yelling, just highlighting =D

Please I’m sick of swinging my prybar in air…

+1001

seems the bug is occuring do to not PEFRECTLY flat terrain, if any slight object stands there or enemies is jumping it just doesn’t pull the target to me or shoots it in air 200-300 range from me so i can’t hit it

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

flamethrower is still a buggy piece of trash that stops hitting at random or sometimes wont hit due to " elevation" however if you disable auto attack you can hit said target even while aiming at the floor

The FT aa will always fire straight forward when you move while holding your mouse button to aim. Ignore the animation. It’s the same as all cone attacks like fumigate, blowtorch, air blast. DONT GET DECIEVED by the animation. Always straight forward and it will work.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

The FT aa will always fire straight forward when you move while holding your mouse button to aim. Ignore the animation. It’s the same as all cone attacks like fumigate, blowtorch, air blast. DONT GET DECIEVED by the animation. Always straight forward and it will work.

thats why its anoying because you’re shooting a static target then it stops hurting it all of a sudden then you get rid of targetting and face the target again and hit him just fine , so it is not a matter of just facing target while attacking it is bugged targetting

to be fair more of a real issue is the turret grandmaster trait bubbles not activating in combat

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Don’t know if this is intended: Converting conditions of allies in downstate into boons with elixir gun and the trait doesn’t work. It isn’t removing the conditions nor giving boons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Charlie.1726

Charlie.1726

I just accidentally magnet pulled an enemy ranger in WvW into our undamaged keep.

He was outside the keep, I fired on him from the wall (T3)and to get him closer so I could fire more I used magnet… when it connected he first flew about 50 meters high into the air and then landed on our wall.
I think he was just as baffled as I was, because after we ganked him on our wall he kept lying there for around 10 minutes.

Made my day really.

(edited by Charlie.1726)

in Engineer

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

I investigated this, and there isn’t a ICD anymore; however, what activates MDF and what doesn’t isn’t really clear. I thought that whatever healing you do on yourself activates it… but it seems only half of the skills end up actually working.

For one, the regeneration boon doesn’t proc it even if the combat log mentions that “You heal yourself for X using [Regeneration]” I made sure I was the only one using regeneration.

Healing turret procs it; however, if you use Cleanings Burst, it does not activate MDF despite it saying again it says “You heal yourself for X using Cleansing Burst”

Backpack Regenerator also doesn’t proc MDF… log says – “You heal yourself for X using [Backpack Regenerator]”

But what’s weird is that both Super Elixir, the impact heal and the pulse heal, and the Elixir Shell pulse heal, activates MDF for each pulse of its occurrence for both skills.

Now granted, Elixir Shell and Super Elixir have the “Healing: X” in the tool tip, but shouldn’t Cleansing Burst do it as well? It also has a “Healing: X” in the tool tip. Also, since Regeneration and Backpack regeneration is considered ‘healing yourself’, why don’t they proc?

I checked the other heal skills and I got the following-
Elixir H- Works fine.
Med Kit- Bandage self and all other skills work except for Med Blaster. Despite it giving you healing, it does NOT proc MDF
A.E.D.- It works for both the nonlethal and lethal procs.
Supply Crate Overcharge- Cleansing burst from this doesn’t proc

Some skills work… some don’t despite these other skills/boons reporting in the log as “Healing yourself” This is where the true bug lies with this trait right now.

Edit: I didn’t check this… but something worth checking is the “Soothing Detonation” Trait or other heal blasts/leaps that may or may not proc MDF

(edited by DragoTheWise.7256)

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

skill queueing still when involving toolbelt skills. Not sure exactly how but keep seeing them canceled when I try to do a couple f things without waiting seconds for things like BOB to drop.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I investigated this, and there isn’t a ICD anymore; however, what activates MDF and what doesn’t isn’t really clear. I thought that whatever healing you do on yourself activates it… but it seems only half of the skills end up actually working.

For one, the regeneration boon doesn’t proc it even if the combat log mentions that “You heal yourself for X using [Regeneration]” I made sure I was the only one using regeneration.

Actually, when I used Healing Turret’s F1 I got in the combat log “you healed X for 7 using medical dispersion field” (yes, 7, I still remember it) and it was ticking multiple times every second, due to the fact I was in a zerg. I tested it during the beta though, so maybe that was a different build.
But still, The first chunk of heal of Healing Turret heals for about 500 (again, I checked this in the combat log and I saw “you healed X for 500 using medical dispersion field”) but the second one doesn’t proc it. I assumed it was a CD bug, but it may also be just bugged for certain skills. I know for a fact that it works with regen. I wish I had the screen of it, somewhere

EDIT: I’m testing it right now and no, it doesn’t work with HT F1. Still, I vividly remember it proccing for 7 hp/s on several people.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

(edited by Frenk.5917)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jones.9756

Jones.9756

Am I wrong to think that alchemical tincture and cleansing synergy should work together and heal 2 condis when using them together with Elixir H? I tested it and it only healed 1.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Am I wrong to think that alchemical tincture and cleansing synergy should work together and heal 2 condis when using them together with Elixir H? I tested it and it only healed 1.

That is very odd, did you test with a friend next to you? Cleansing Synergy cleanse in an AoE. Also, did you make sure both conditions did could be removed by Cleansing Synergy? It can only remove some damaging conditions.

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Bumping again. Skill queue bug is still really frustrating. It hurts dps and interrupts skills. Please fix it.

Magnet is still broken. Please fix it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I feel like Heal Resonator or Cleansing Snyergy has issues with SkillQ. When I Queue up Toss Elixir while using Elixir H, it will not Toss it, I have to use it again but without Inventions traitline it works just fine.

Don’t know which one has the issue, maybe C.S. as “After using a heal skill creates a Cleansing Pulse.” and these “creates an effect” things are breaking SkillQ a lot.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Engineer

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I just accidentally magnet pulled an enemy ranger in WvW into our undamaged keep.

He was outside the keep, I fired on him from the wall (T3)and to get him closer so I could fire more I used magnet… when it connected he first flew about 50 meters high into the air and then landed on our wall.
I think he was just as baffled as I was, because after we ganked him on our wall he kept lying there for around 10 minutes.

Made my day really.

I thought I was the only one. Thought maybe it was lag or something. Threw a Mesmer up into the air last night. Really sort of amusing.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in Engineer

Posted by: benai.8653

benai.8653

Hi,
when will the turrets be reworked taht you can use them again?
Since your great balancing patch the turrets are more or less useless.
They need their selfhealing, higher dmg, higher range passiv skills back, the abilties to be of most condition and crit immun and the high CD turrets need a lower CD like gyros. Or they will be death skills like many other things in this game because its not meta or senseless.

greetings,
benai

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Turrets should be much tankier, yet critable, affected by conditions and have a medium-high CD. Yet they should be healed really fast by the tool kit aa. So you pet them to stay strong, wich should be effective, but if you fail to sustain them all you shall be kittened

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

throw Elixir R does not pulse condi-clears anymore, it just clears 1 condition on impact.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

and up for this, we want a nearly bugfree class

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

keep this post up!

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Adept trait called Recovery Matrix has no ICD. It should have because on healing turret it grants 6+6s protection every 15s…. i dont think it is supposed to give 12s of protection when other traits of the same kind give about 2s.(like a rune set 6 effect or the revenant trait. true that one is aoe but still worse.)

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

blast gyro doesn’t crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Reactive Lenses seems to be fixed

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Hammer skill 3 has 2 issues:
- Aftercasts between the leaps make you slower than intended / worthless for gaining or closing gaps. Please fix
- The evade is shorter than the 3 leaps’ combined animation-time, leaving us very vulnerable roughly halfways into the skill, since we’re still locked in its animation.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: ZorPRO.2715

ZorPRO.2715

For god’s sake, please fix grenade effects. I don’t know why, but the sound effects are pretty horrid compared to the old ones, and the visual effects go away 5 times faster than before. Please look into this, I want my beautiful explosions back.

And if this was intentional, please tell my why, like did a lot of people want faster explosions that you can’t almost even see and the cave trolls rumble sound to skill 2.

in Engineer

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

- Gyros’s CD starts after they die, not when summoned as promised
– They still can’t keep up with just basic movement
– They still attack random foes, and blast gyro doesn’t hit it’s targeted enemy if another foe is on front.

And the hammer 3 as mentioned by others still have some serious issues with closing gaps because of slow aftercasts, and u don’t evade all the time during it’s duration.

- Plus I think my gyro’s take normal dmg from aoe attacks and dies instantly even though it should be reduced by 95% like other ai minions. But I haven’t tested it yet.

It seems like the Gyro’s have had NO changes at all they are just as bad and useless as in the Beta’s (sigh)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

- Gyros’s CD starts after they die, not when summoned as promised

It has been changed to the previous state, so no bug here

in Engineer

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

ahh my bad didn’t see that update still the gyro’s suck

in Engineer

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

Gyros:

• Still cant keep up with the player (u have to stop every 10 seconds)
  • wont follow the player on stairs,bridges or Keep/towers door
  • sometimes they still zigzag around,not like the last beta…still annoying

in Engineer

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

Gyros:

Don’t worry, our bugs are getting fixed, proof:

Engineer—Recovery Matrix: Fixed a bug causing this trait to trigger on use of Overcharge. It now triggers just on the placement of Healing Turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Gyros:

Don’t worry, our bugs are getting fixed, proof:

Engineer—Recovery Matrix: Fixed a bug causing this trait to trigger on use of Overcharge. It now triggers just on the placement of Healing Turret.

I don’t get it…. this way Anet is telling us again, that they don’t want healing turret to stay there (like it should be intended for a turret). I understand, that they don’t want the double proc for this trait, but PLEASE move the proc to cleansing burst and give no proc on turret placement. Otherwise you are just telling us “yeah, we know it is a turret, but we don’t want it to stay outside. It is just a water bomb, deal with it.”

in Engineer

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

So there used to be a minor trait in the middle of tools 3(15). That would recharge all tool belt skills under 25% I believe, on a 90 sec ICD, just like the inventions one.

but what about the trait in its place?

The current trait is 15% recharge on tool belt skills, this trait alone as a minor.

EVERY OTHER CLASS got their base mechanic recharge% AND their old GM minor 5(25) rolled into one trait. (Including ele cd between each attunement and overall attunement cd)
Since the June Specialization patch Engis middle tools minor 3(15) is literally nothing.