hope some bugfixes come tomorrow

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Engineer Bugs (Updated & Consolidated)

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

hope some bugfixes come tomorrow

Half of the preview “changes” are bug fixes, so we will probably get a good amount of them.

in Engineer

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I did multiple trials and ask around in Heart of the Mists but none were able to get the combo Regeneration to work with the Mortar kit. We tried using #5 then fire at an ally and ourselves. No one received the health regeneration boon.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Is-mortar-5-and-1-combo-bugged/first#post5542488

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I love the bug fixes that have been done today. healing mist even removes a condition now.

By the way, isn’t it beter to start a new thread of engi bugs with an updated list instead of bumping this old thread all the time?

edit: shouldn’t toss elixir x remove a condi just like toss elixir u?

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

nope, because not all of these bugs have been fixed yet, like SD, legy animations, b’o’b not getting placed aka skill lag, etc.

yea nice changes, but nothing gamechaning :/ medkit …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: TsukuZankaze.6951

TsukuZankaze.6951

On that topic of medkit, Med Blaster is broken. Single cast healing for way above intended heals. tested in pvp i was healing for 7k a cast. Probably should fix that before a couple of engi’s decide to mess up zerging in wvw by using that exploit.

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

As promised I have gone through the last two months of patch notes and updated the google doc and front page. This required testing and confirming some of the bug fixes.

I am now in the process of going through the forum posts to grab the new bugs.

I also moved all the closed ones to the end of the doc to help with clutter.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Air blast says it does burning but says nothing about extending burning duration anymore. (it still just adds 1 stack for 2 seconds when used on a burning target(not on a non burning target)) Did the discription change just this patch or was it like that before?

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

I have found a few “stealth” changes. One was that Elixir Gun skill #2 (Elixir F) has now been changed to Glob Shot to avoid confusion on HGH.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Can you give some more detail? Traits? Runes? Boons?

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Previous

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Next

I wanted to quickly mention – we’re investigating the med kit 1 issue right now!

in Engineer

Holesale.2640

Well in the Screen i had cleric ammy but before i tested without i got around 5-6k heals without the trait.

Can get about 7.5 with cleric/trait.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Can someone double check AMR and Cleansing Burst? Doesn’t seem to have been fixed as noted.

Tested a few times in PvP. Does not reset HT Overcharge.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

(edited by digitalruse.9085)

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Did they fix the SD // Bunker Down skill Q bug yet?

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Nope and it is not limited to these skills/traits either. My BoB and Orbital Strike only queue up about 50% of the time.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Elixer Gun Acid Bomb range was originally 600? It is at 550 now, and you can’t go as far anymore. I can’t do certain terrain jukes anymore.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in Engineer

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

magnet is STILL broken. I like how they fix med kit in like 1 hour, and magnets been broken for what, a year now?

in Engineer

Holesale.2640

Med kit isnt fixed they disabled med blaster till it Can be fixed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ederyn.3107

Ederyn.3107

Can someone double check AMR and Cleansing Burst? Doesn’t seem to have been fixed as noted.

Tested a few times in PvP. Does not reset HT Overcharge.

tested in WWW it dosent reset nothing at all …

SO

AMR ON CLEASING BURST STILL BROKEN.

in Engineer

santenal.1054

yep magnet pull isn’t working properly. i was already a bit worried when they said on the stream that it was only a problem when the enemy was at around 1200 range. We should help the devs in figuring out when exactly the pull fails. pre patch i had to agro the enemy first before i could use the pull and sometimes in mid combat the pull would not display a animation and fail also. (need to play more to see what is different post patch).

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

Did some testing this morning and it looks like medical dispersion field does not proc on any heal effects except heal skills (bandage, or elixir H for example, I assume AED also works).

That means blasting water fields, the regeneration boon, super elixir, elixir shell, medpacks, and traits like backpack regenerator or soothing detonation do not apply additional heal effects to allies via mdf.

Unsure if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yep magnet pull isn’t working properly. i was already a bit worried when they said on the stream that it was only a problem when the enemy was at around 1200 range. We should help the devs in figuring out when exactly the pull fails. pre patch i had to agro the enemy first before i could use the pull and sometimes in mid combat the pull would not display a animation and fail also. (need to play more to see what is different post patch).

can confirm that the bug they fixed was indeed a bug (but it was a sneaky one that is hard to notice) and is not the same (much complained about and highly visible) bug as whatever is going on when magnet fails to actually pull someone because that bug happens at all ranges.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Reactive Lenses still not working on all disables, only stuns and dazes.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

It appears like half the fixes they did have not taken effect. Magnet still stuffed and AMR not resetting Cleansing burst is still happening as has already been stated. I have not had issues with the other changes though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferril.8109

Ferril.8109

Air blast says it does burning but says nothing about extending burning duration anymore. (it still just adds 1 stack for 2 seconds when used on a burning target(not on a non burning target)) Did the discription change just this patch or was it like that before?

This. Can we please get a clarification on this tooltip, please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

This. Can we please get a clarification on this tooltip, please?

The functionality of the skill for months (pre 6/23 patch) has been to add 2s of 1stack of burning. When they changed burning to stack in intensity, the skill no longer “Extended the duration of burning on a target by 2s” because that would be absurdly OP when there was lots of burning on a target (2s of 25 stacks of burning would be crazy). So they seem to have reworded the tooltip to indicate what the skill was already doing.

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

can confirm that the bug they fixed was indeed a bug (but it was a sneaky one that is hard to notice) and is not the same (much complained about and highly visible) bug as whatever is going on when magnet fails to actually pull someone because that bug happens at all ranges.

Thats what I thought when I heard about the bug fix. Seems to relate to terrain, something definitely changed with the last big balance patch in relation to this.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: Morpid.3659

Morpid.3659

no idea if it has been posted but here it is Strange behavior with AimAssistedRocket in Explosive trait line.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Explosive-trait-bug/first#post5547048

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I wanted to quickly mention – we’re investigating the med kit 1 issue right now!

Nice thanks for inform us, but dont forget the other bugs in this thread they need investigations too

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

no idea if it has been posted but here it is Strange behavior with AimAssistedRocket in Explosive trait line.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Explosive-trait-bug/first#post5547048

Check takedown round as well. It does not look like a 50% increase if they even touched it at all.

I suspect aim assisted rocket may have gotten a damage reduction instead of takedown round getting a damage increase.

Or am i simply remembering wrong?

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Med Blaster still hits 3 targets per pulse.
It’s skill fact says: Number of targets: 5

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Med Blaster still hits 3 targets per pulse.
It’s skill fact says: Number of targets: 5

my theory: they couldn’t handle the bug with the op heal, so they revertet the medkit to pre patch and just adjustet the heal again while forgetting to change the targets from 3 to 5

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: gnollbane.3620

gnollbane.3620

I would like to bring up a bug that I don’t think is very well known, and that is all of the Toss Elixir Skills can be Absorbed/Reflected/Destroyed. This sounds good for Elixir X, but why does Boon/Support Toss Elixirs have this behavior? Also there is some odd behavior with Toss Elixir U, where is you throw it behind you at max range and then run forward the skill will say that it’s out of range and not do anything.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Medical Dispersion Field doesn’t seem to be working with Cleansing Burst.

Attachments:

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

so then im not completely mental… good, thanks for the proof lol

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Seems to me one of those log entries is from the actual AoE of cleansing burst healing another in the AoE range, the second one is from the effects of MDF.

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

Seems to me one of those log entries is from the actual AoE of cleansing burst healing another in the AoE range, the second one is from the effects of MDF.

It would say Medical Dispersion Field if it did. The second one is smaller because he was already near full health at that point so he healed for less.

Also, MDF heals show up before my own heal so he’d have healed first in the second instance otherwise. It just isn’t triggering.

Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Are.1326

Can we please get bug fixes when they are done and not have to wait for a balance patch? The last balance patch gave us 90% bug fixes while other classes got actual balance changes. And then many of the “bug fixes” didn’t even work.

The engineer is now so flooded by bugs that if we only get bug fixes durring balance patches, we will never see proper balance changes.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It would say Medical Dispersion Field if it did. The second one is smaller because he was already near full health at that point so he healed for less.

Also, MDF heals show up before my own heal so he’d have healed first in the second instance otherwise. It just isn’t triggering.

This very thread discusses bugs effecting healing skills themselves and the combat log. The numbers match and cleansing burst is an AoE. You cannot reasonably be out of range to heal an friendly with cleansing burst, and just assume your in the AoE effects of MDF. So how would they receive MDF effects and not your large AoE heal.

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

This very thread discusses bugs effecting healing skills themselves and the combat log. The numbers match and cleansing burst is an AoE. You cannot reasonably be out of range to heal an friendly with cleansing burst, and just assume your in the AoE effects of MDF. So how would they receive MDF effects and not your large AoE heal.

I don’t think I understand what you mean. Are you saying that they were likely outside of MDF range by the time my cleansing burst triggered? Because I’m 100% certain that was not the case here. In the first instance, the player was knocked down. He was in MDF range for the entire duration. He received MDF healing for the Healing Turret, Rune of Water, and the water blast from detonating the turret. The only thing MDF didn’t trigger on was the Cleansing Burst which he should have received before the MDF trigger on the water blast.

Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Can we please get bug fixes when they are done and not have to wait for a balance patch? The last balance patch gave us 90% bug fixes while other classes got actual balance changes. And then many of the “bug fixes” didn’t even work.

The engineer is now so flooded by bugs that if we only get bug fixes durring balance patches, we will never see proper balance changes.

we are getting them when theyre done >.>
do you exect them to push a new build every day? thats annoying to us and a waste of resources for them. especially the “wvw is shutting down for a sec in 10 mins” message.

in Engineer

Are.1326

do you exect them to push a new build every day? thats annoying to us and a waste of resources for them. especially the “wvw is shutting down for a sec in 10 mins” message.

There are no way all the bug fixes from last patch was done between this patch and the one before that. We have had tons of patches since last balance patch, but it seems like they keept the bug fixes back so they could add them instead of actual balance changes to the balance update.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

There are no way all the bug fixes from last patch was done between this patch and the one before that. We have had tons of patches since last balance patch, but it seems like they keept the bug fixes back so they could add them instead of actual balance changes to the balance update.

i hope youre wearing a tin foil hat.

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

hello
Fragmentation Shot: Increased bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. (its 4s)
cleansing syngergy: removes all stacks (seems to remove all of them)
Healing Mist and Elixir Shell: remove a condition with alchemical tinctures

Transmute: Updated this trait to use the standard conversion list for conditions into boons and to affect all stacks of a condition. (dont manage to understand in wvw if it works properly – sometimes is so fast to fight – and die – you dont understand)
definitely is not working on the 2nd skill of cannon when you get 10stacks of bleeding – converts only 1 – so you have the other 9 “working”

Healing Turret—Cleansing Burst and AMR: doesn’t seem to reset the cd with amr

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

Posted by: Morpid.3659

Morpid.3659

Check takedown round as well. It does not look like a 50% increase if they even touched it at all.

I suspect aim assisted rocket may have gotten a damage reduction instead of takedown round getting a damage increase.

Or am i simply remembering wrong?

TakedownRound was actually buffed but with this explosive bug who knows if it affecting it too.

AimAssistedRocket has been bugged way b4 the last patch, i remember some patch bugged it not sure what patch it was or if it was a stealth nerf but w/e it is, it is not doin the damage the tooltip says i even show proof of the damage it actually did b4 the bug

in Engineer

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

AMR Still not working with healing turret cleansing burst.

http://plays.tv/video/560eaf537bc087fc72

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Could you please maybe also quickly mention that you’re aware of the other bugs ( static discharge skill queue, magnet, AMR, etc.)

Do the devs know that these are still broken and that the latest patches did not fix them?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Shrapnel is not being properly applied to non-weapon explosives.

Utilities and tool belt explosives are only applying the bleed effect when they activate shrapnel, but aren’t applying the cripple effect.

in Engineer

Posted by: knuspermann.1069

knuspermann.1069

Fragmentation Shot: Increased bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. (its 4s)
amr

Thats wrong, you probably chose the Firearms Trait-line, which gives you 33% bleeding duration.
But then again a strange thing that occures is this:
You get +33% bleeding-duration by the minor trait Serrated Steel. (4s)
If you also pick Chemical Rounds (50% Condi-duration) you get to a full 6s bleeding on Fragmentation Shot.
Why is that?/Is this intended?
Shouldnt it be 5,49s (Factor 1,83 on the base-duration) ?

Also, the Gadgeteer GM-Trait does not work at all at the moment.