Engineer hammer

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Guardian of hell.4957

Guardian of hell.4957

Always wanted a hammer for engineer but couldn’t think of what the skills could be .
Was playing league of legends and took inspiration from a champion named jayce,
how about a hammer with a few skills but then the last skill is transform weapon , which transforms the hammer into a cannon allowing ranged based attacks and you can switch between each one it would take up 2 slots .

look up jayce league of legends and youll see.

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

Ow boi league of legends…
Anyways I think the hammer that is bound to happen will feature rocket power but not that type of rocket power.
We need a melee weapon to name our own and I’d prefer a real melee weapon over any transform weapon..how would you exactly do that? Not only technical but model wise a herculean task. I can already see the guardians crying because we’d look much cooler then them especially with Juggernaut which would be a cannon too then.

They’d basicly have to give every hammer a second skin to use this idea and…let’s all be honest they won’t bother.
I’d rather have plain old hammers engineer style with instead of a leap skill a rocket powered leap and all that nice stuff. Maybe some CC and something with a twist other hammer classes don’t have currently but not a shape shifting hammer which would on top of being hard to do be a kitten to balance(g).

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Hm cant seem to like that Idea of a transformed hammer. I second a rocket themed hammer that implements skills like you have while transformed to Juggernaut.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

This would be way cool, but i think people will claim OP to have 2 weapons in one. +1 for creativity though

I too want to see hammer come to engi i would like to see it have a knock down, a Blast finisher a combo field and an AoE #1 strike, maybe a leap as well.

Ideal setup

1. AoE standard damage strike (last hit in chain would leave a combo field like guardian)
  2. Just your standard Knock Down on a short cool down (also a blast finisher)
  3. Rocket Leap (with burn)
  4. Static field (slimier to eles with a stun and maybe a boon if traited)
  5. A magnetic slam (it would pull people towards you and confuse them)

(edited by tattoohead.3217)

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Whirl attack that does damage, but also repairs and overcharges all turrets in the aoe.

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Whirl attack that does damage, but also repairs and overcharges all turrets in the aoe.

lol nice

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

lol nice

Thanks! I’ve been posting this one as often as the Hammer threads pop up. I’m really hoping it shows up in game one day.

Turrets as area denial? Let’s crank it up a few notches!

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Sounds sketchy at most (overcharged really?) however , i cant get my mind off getting that hammer as our next weapon…this one i just can’t wait on anymore lol

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I would love to see Hammer also. I agree the transform is a bit much but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t see some range on an attack or two.

Biggest problem is all but a few hammer skins are terrible. Id rather take almost any GSword and turn it sideways to smack people with than most hammers in game. Hammers are supposed to be big and smashy, most are small and fail to represent the feel of the weapon. Aetherized Hammer FTW.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: josephleahy.2943

josephleahy.2943

I also would love the hammer, my idea of a hammer skill would be CC and atleast 1 big RNG skill

~One mans magic is another mans engineering.
RNG engineer~

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: DrakeZetavon.3902

DrakeZetavon.3902

I would love a Hammer on my engineer or at least a mace just some kind of melee weapon.

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Here’s my take on a hammer engi :

1. is an attack chain applying burn on the last hit for 1s
  2. is a blast finisher similar to the guardian hammer #2, but more utility (cripple? weakness? blind?) and less burst dmg.
  3. I could see a rocket powered gap closer on the hammer. The hammer tries to get away from the engi, maybe makes a loop-de-loop, and drags you to your target. No additional effects besides just dmg so a lower c/d can be justified.
  4. i’d put the pull here on this one. I really like that magnetic idea.
  5. has the engi ducking under the hammer while it “detonates” dazing AoE targets for X seconds, don’t know what balance would be.

Just my take.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

cloudysan.4397

Here’s my take on a hammer engi :

1. is an attack chain applying burn on the last hit for 1s
  2. is a blast finisher similar to the guardian hammer #2, but more utility (cripple? weakness? blind?) and less burst dmg.
  3. I could see a rocket powered gap closer on the hammer. The hammer tries to get away from the engi, maybe makes a loop-de-loop, and drags you to your target. No additional effects besides just dmg so a lower c/d can be justified.
  4. i’d put the pull here on this one. I really like that magnetic idea.
  5. has the engi ducking under the hammer while it “detonates” dazing AoE targets for X seconds, don’t know what balance would be.

Just my take.

REALLY like this one. Got everything one would wish on a hammer for the engineer. At least it is not a shape shifting one :P (I’m sorry but I still can’t get over that).

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

i know anet wants all classes to have every weapon, but why is everyone so sure next weapon engi gets is hammer? was it confirmed somewhere?

Street Regulator

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

cloudysan.4397

i know anet wants all classes to have every weapon, but why is everyone so sure next weapon engi gets is hammer? was it confirmed somewhere?

First of all it makes sense doesn’t it?
Then there’s this:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597

What’s more is that the team is also working very kitten finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons. Engineer plus Hammer? Check. Again, there’s no specific timeline for this, but a new progression system is coming

Engineer hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

As pointed out by another poster (Arkham Creed), the remark about ‘Engineer plus Hammer’ is not attributed to any staff-member of Anet.

Still, though, I’m sure we’ll get it and I’m happy about that.