Engineer race choice...

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

I have a little asura level 80 engineer, that i once choose for PvP reasons… and the better utillity skills…

- but, my little playfull asura does not feel like a commander…
- on top of that i have become to hate the fact that i cant see all the details on my character because its so small

Now i have a lvl 40 boost in my packs… and decided to make a new engineer… now which race should i choose… what engineer has the coolest moves and annimations? What makes you feel at home in your role as commander?

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I love Asura despite of how tiny we are, but if you don’t like that, that’s okay, i would say Sylvari are your best shot, Charr might be more culturaly related to Engineers, but i find Sylvari animations more better imo.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Asura ftw imo. Really love my tiny bomberman
Charrs are also good for engi but i don’t like them…humans and sylv are no go for me(personal opinion).
Norn….lol

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

There is only one answer, and that answer is charr.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Best animations are Asura’s, hands down. Maybe you can make a bigger Asura?

Norn seems like they are walking on molases, Sylvari and human are basically the same old thing: Althought hey are well done, they are very boring.

Charr then. They are fierce, run on four paws like primitive predators but then shot at you with hyper advanced killing machines.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Even though people say humans are boring. I can’t rp as any other race. If you want to get submerged into the story, I find humans are a good pick. I do feel like a commander, and gear looks great on me. Only downside of humans is a general “stiff” feeling compared to the other races. Give all the races you like a try in hotm. Best way to see what you like.

Asura: Small, and nimble
Charr: Large and fierce
Human: Medium and solid.
Sylvari: Humans with more swagger
Norn: Large and Solid

These are my opinions on race. When I’m blocking on a human character, it feels more solid and impenetrable than a charr. But when a charr swings his hammer it feels full of ferocity, rather than more monotone and straight forward as humans, etc.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

I ended up creating a Norn Engineer today…

- there is enough leads in my current story to make a relation with a char engineer in my youth a beleivable thing… this for character immersion and roleplaying..
- combat on the level 40+ Norn feels so much more immersive…

So, to each their own… normally i allways play humans..

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I love Norn, then Charr, then Sylvari. My engineer is a charr, and he looks amazing. Definitely a general nor a grunt. Hail Iron Legion!

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

For Iron Legion!!!

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I have a little asura level 80 engineer, that i once choose for PvP reasons… and the better utillity skills…

- but, my little playfull asura does not feel like a commander…
- on top of that i have become to hate the fact that i cant see all the details on my character because its so small

Now i have a lvl 40 boost in my packs… and decided to make a new engineer… now which race should i choose… what engineer has the coolest moves and annimations? What makes you feel at home in your role as commander?

By commander, I think you probably mean WvW commander …

Here’s what you do – use your Asura and then buy the Infinite Kodan Elixir. The Elixir may prevent you from using siege buts that is exactly the same reason the Ghostly Elixir is used.

Kodan >>> Charr. Plus if you can get other zerg mates to do the same you can hide yourself in the crowd from getting sniped.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

The top 2 best choices for an engi, hands down, are Asura and Charr.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Asura Master Race.1593

Asura Master Race.1593

Asura Master Race.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I picked Engineer becuase I was always a Tech, gun, and sword player person. My main was originally a Guardian but I changed to Engineer due to finding Guardian not being my type of character. Eventually I grew to love the Engineer’s play style and do hope one day Engineer get a Elite Spec that use Sword or Greatsword which most likely may be modified with mayble electric, energy, or heat mod for that Engineer modification weapon theme.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Vansten.5309

Vansten.5309

Even though it may seen hypocritical, Sylvari Engineers are quite fun to use. The funniest thing is when you end up using a flamethrower as a sylvari.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: ninja.3407

ninja.3407

I have a main engineer that is sylvari and his skin is black with a white glow, he looks wicked awsome and his magitect armor is black/white as well. Lore wise when he was awakened from the pale tree he felt a connection with scarlet and shared her intrest in engineering; but instead of becoming obsessed with it he travled to the citedel and studied under an iron legion engineer then smelted scrap on the side and using the ignots to make gyros. ( got a bit off topic but sylvari have sweet culture armor and sweet skin designs; they are also mellow people)[/quote]

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I chose a Charr as my engineer. Wanted to make a character based on Jake from Swat Kats.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I chose a Charr as my engineer. Wanted to make a character based on Jake from Swat Kats.

Magnificent! XD

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: PoruShinobu.4928

PoruShinobu.4928

I have a sylvari with a mushroom for hair. Heres him “Chillin’” in heart of the mists ^^

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I have a sylvari with a mushroom for hair. Heres him “Chillin’” in heart of the mists ^^

And a Charr, I have Jake, you have Tbone.

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

I think the best commanders are Asurans actually. It’s like the opposite of what you’d expect. IDK I find it kind of humorous.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Does anyone know if the projectile origin height changes for different races? I keep having my Rifle shots ‘OBSTRUCTED’ by the smallest bump in terrain and can’t help but think if I was a max-height Norn rather than a min-height Asura, this wouldn’t be a problem.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Since all races do have the same hitbox, I suppose internally they all share the same geometric specs, such as height. This would mean that it does not matter what height your Char has… I suppose. Please right me if I’m wrong.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: seacanari.4583

seacanari.4583

I have 3 Engineers
1. Asura
2. Sylvari
3. Human

All of which were chosen for their aesthetic quality and how well they wear medium armor.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, so I “settled” on Norn, as he fit the whole Cid from Final Fantasy theme and all but whats also cool is I wield the turret like Arnold from Terminator! Reloads it with one hand all…very cool. Also weapons just look really good on him so yea, who knew eh?

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

charr and norn get epic, huge flamethrower streams

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: bravehoptoad.5246

bravehoptoad.5246

Engineer is the funniest profession, with their elixir gun and bombs and odd gadgets.

Asura is the funniest race, with their goofy run and their cartoony change-of-direction animations.

They’re a natural together.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Engineer is the funniest profession, with their elixir gun and bombs and odd gadgets.

Asura is the funniest race, with their goofy run and their cartoony change-of-direction animations.

They’re a natural together.

Still make me laugh every time I fire my pistols.

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Dang Asuras! Lol…..
I keep bouncing back and forth between my Norn, Asura and human. Char for me just didn’t “feel” right, playstyle wise. Loved the lore but yea, just couldn’t feel it. Norn is cool as everything is huge on him, weapons and mortars and the like, but again the style and look is just to lumbering. Asura is funny and cute and all, but gear looks like toys, the ones you can see. The faces and all are cool, but when playing I really am not looking at his face and all. Human looks good, is middle of the road as far as style as it all looks good and isn’t clunky or huge. Problem with Human is they are kinda of vanilla….just meh if you get my drift.
So yea, I’m a mess….lol. Wife laughs at me and my toon swapping trying to get one that ‘feels’ right, she loves ALL her toons, go figure.
Also I see tons of Char and Asura Engis so trying to be outside the norm is something as well. I keep going back to the human so something tells me that he will be “the one”, haha! If only Asuras could be a tad bigger…….see, here I go again!!! I need help. LOL!!

(edited by Joxer.6024)

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If only Asuras could be a tad bigger…….see, here I go again!!! I need help. LOL!!

Largest size Asura are only a human head shorter than the smallest humans. They become comically fat if you go bulky armor and big head, haha. Most you see will run smallest size I think.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

If only Asuras could be a tad bigger…….see, here I go again!!! I need help. LOL!!

Largest size Asura are only a human head shorter than the smallest humans. They become comically fat if you go bulky armor and big head, haha. Most you see will run smallest size I think.

yea, I made mine the biggest I could and he’s not bad, just armor bits and weaps look so tiny and such. Playstyle is fun, aesthetics-wise it kinda blows and again there are just soooo many running around, its a plague!! LOL!!

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Plautze.6290

Engie race choice was tough for me, as well. I started out with a human, as always and was perfectly happy until I realized that I can’t muster the nerve to endure human’s personal story AGAIN (already done it with 3 chars, so the magic there is clearly gone, if there ever was any to start with). This took me to deleting my mid-40 engie and re-roll as Charr… while I am still somewhat taken aback by running on all fours while at the same time looking reaaally slow and I greatly dislike the fact that my trenchcoat billows out while firing my rifle (as if my Charr was flatulating in rhythm to the shooting…), I have to admit that playing a non-human for a change does make a difference. The fourleggedness can be overcome by equipping a kit AT ALL TIMES. Which is fine with engie.

Still, if it wasn’t for my cool fur and stripe colour (I’m doing the winter tiger look), I surely would have quit that toon as well… I just wish human PS wouldn’t be so boring or there was a way to stop Charr from walking four-legged. I mean, in GW1 they never four-legged and that’s exactly why they were so awesome. That and Charr Scouts pwning everything pre-Searing.

So you’re not the only one having trouble with choosing the ultimate race for engie

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Yea, it can be a struggle no doubt!
I went back to my Norn as for one you don’t see that many and also everything is SO big on him! I previewed H.O.P.E. on him (not lucky enough to actually have that awesome thing yet) and it just looked sooo cool, whereas on my Asura it was like barely there. I too enjoyed the Char but yea, the all fours thing put me off even though we can use a kit like you said. Who knows, I may wander back over to the furry side again but for now my Norn fits the whole Cid from Final Fantasy (the original engi!) theme I got going .
Cheers!

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Plautze.6290

…but for now my Norn fits the whole Cid from Final Fantasy (the original engi!) theme I got going .
Cheers!

Which one? There are literally dozens thinking about your race choice and toolkit-Kit, this seems to fit best (and looks the funniest):

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cid_Pollendina

(edited by Plautze.6290)

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

…but for now my Norn fits the whole Cid from Final Fantasy (the original engi!) theme I got going .
Cheers!

Which one? There are literally dozens thinking about your race choice and toolkit-Kit, this seems to fit best (and looks the funniest):

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cid_Pollendina

Lol, yea, I saw all those. I don’t remember him like that, mostly from FF11 and 14 I think, but the looks where he is more scruffy and buffed and all!
Also, its not so much for the look as it is the character….he was one of the original RPG Engineers, old school!

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Plautze.6290

Just make sure to post a picture of your Norn Old School Engie in the “Show us your engies” Thread! You really made me curious. Mine will follow once I have reached 80 and figured everything out… might still take some tome with that class.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Just make sure to post a picture of your Norn Old School Engie in the “Show us your engies” Thread! You really made me curious. Mine will follow once I have reached 80 and figured everything out… might still take some tome with that class.

That would require figuring out to post a pic…..I shall look into it! Good luck with yours!
BTW, rolled a Char female for the heck of it, named her Motoko Kusanagi after the cyborg chick from Ghost in the Shell.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Plautze.6290

That would require figuring out to post a pic…..I shall look into it! Good luck with yours!
BTW, rolled a Char female for the heck of it, named her Motoko Kusanagi after the cyborg chick from Ghost in the Shell.

Easy enough: Just click “more editing options” when replying and you can upload pictures took me some minutes to figure out as well.
Yeah, king of my castle funny enough, they used the same-ish scenes in the movie trailer that they did in the music video clip.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

DONE!!! Hope you like….

Ah, what the heck, I’ll post it here as well.

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Plautze.6290

Whoa, that’s pretty awesome! Do I see a Nightwing there? Pretty sweet.
I’m not sure about going legy for rifle… shooting an obvious sniper rifle from the hip seems off to me.

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Whoa, that’s pretty awesome! Do I see a Nightwing there? Pretty sweet.
I’m not sure about going legy for rifle… shooting an obvious sniper rifle from the hip seems off to me.

Yea, but its a pretty cool rifle! I really want H.O.P.E. but the grind is just sooo much so I have started both it and Quip, see what happens.
May lose the whole "Cid’ thing as I have a theme with all my toons in that they have Joxer in the name in some form and it “feels” kinda odd to have an odd man out…lol.

(edited by Joxer.6024)

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

i play human female

asura animations are too smol to properly see what’s going on

Far Shiverpeaks

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

About if making rifle engi… here, i wanna show you guys my Engi with The Predator, some posing picks and another picks using the AA, personally i love it, but, you are free to judge if it’s right or not how it looks ;P

Attachments:

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

2…………………

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

3…………….

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

4…………..

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

5………………

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

6………………

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

7………………….

Attachments:

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Ok, those are cool!! I currently am levelling a Char so might look good with him. By the way, what armor is that you have on? I like the look!!

Engineer race choice...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Ok, those are cool!! I currently am levelling a Char so might look good with him. By the way, what armor is that you have on? I like the look!!

Np, heres the list :P

*Helm – Adventurer’s Mantle
*Shoulder – N/A (This coat deletes your shoulder visibility, except with aura shoulders)
*Coat – Flaame Legioon Coat
*Gloves – Flame Legion Gloves
*Pants – Duelist Pants
*Boots – Prototype Boots (T3 asura cultural armor, so you will need to swap this one for something else for your charr)