Engineer utility skills

Engineer utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Engineers are in a weird spot when it comes to their utility skills. Other professions get 5 skill types, with 4 skills of each type (plus a healing and an elite)

But with the engineers, its different. They get 4 skill types of 5 each. Normally it wouldn’t be big deal, because it’s still equals out to the same amount of skills.

The only problem with this is when Anet ever decides to fill out the remaining skills for each type.

Currently each profession is missing a heal and 2 elite skills off of certain types.
(IE thieves are missing an elite signet, Mesmers are missing a healing glamour skill, and etc)
That would be 3 potential skills each other class would get.

Since engineer already have 4 healing skills for their skill types, and only need one elite (gadgets). They would be missing out on 2 potential skills.

Engineer would have to get a big shift in their utility skill to make them line up with the other professions.
Each skills type would have its skills either combine; moved somewhere; or deleted to make room for a whole new skill line.

If Anet ever feels like filling out the core specs, I feel this needs to happen.

Any thought on this?
What would have to change?
And what new skill type would you like to see?

Engineer utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Our Toolbelt helps to offset that to a pretty substantial degree, I feel. Perhaps some aren’t really an equal trade (Orbital Strike is pretty basic, for example), but the Toolbelt skills often provide plenty of extra functionality that other classes don’t get to see out of their skills, such as Elixir X; you get a Rampage or Tornado, as well as Moa. That’s two elites in one skill. I certainly wouldn’t object to getting more options, but I don’t think it’ll be much of a problem.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Engineer utility skills

in Engineer

BobbyT.7192

I feel that the toolbelt skills are only an extension of the utility skills, and that extra functionality doesn’t make up for the way engi’s skills are arranged.

As I said this currently is not really an issue, because Anet really hasn’t made a move towards filling out the core utility skills since what? year 2? I’m sure it’ll become an issue on these forums when they do.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

Engineer utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

IMO the gadget Elite is important, but the bigger problem with the utilities isn’t the “odd matching”, but the simple fact that we have so many useless utility skills, in some cases even complete skill types…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Engineer utility skills

in Engineer

BobbyT.7192

it does seem like they added a lot of skills just for kitties and giggles. Like whens the last time anyone used personal battering ram for anything serious? For a profession that suppose to get a lot of functionality out of their skills, they do have quiet a lot of skills that don’t do a whole lot.

It would do engineers a lot of good if they just combine a few skills together, or replace other skills altogether.

Engineer utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

it does seem like they added a lot of skills just for kitties and giggles. Like whens the last time anyone used personal battering ram for anything serious? For a profession that suppose to get a lot of functionality out of their skills, they do have quiet a lot of skills that don’t do a whole lot.

It would do engineers a lot of good if they just combine a few skills together, or replace other skills altogether.

I’m using the battering ram for Open World, but of course, only pairing it with Gadgeteer and explosions. I wouldn’t call it “serious”, but it works. IMO if the ram were able to launch the target AND push back other two foes Air Blast style, it would be pure gold.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks