Fix-R-Upper

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Well.

After befriending a few frog lads, gliding around non-stop for a couple of days, losing quite a lot of rally points because of people don’t defending anything and collecting and impressive amount of things I can’t even imagine what are for, I decided to put myself a goal so I can get at least something done.

I knew I can’t go for anything legendary. I don’t have THAT amount of time to invest, or money, and the only legendary skin I like so far is HOPE, but I don’t use pistols. (Predator is somewhat nice, but It doesn’t fit my Asura at all).

Then I saw the new specialization collections, and that beautiful, literally shiny new hammer skin that fit the engie theme perfectly and looks BIG on Asura (instead of dissapear like most hammers).

Fix-R-Upper seems like a mid point between a common ascended weapon and a precursor. Most of the 7 items on the collection are tied to the Scrapper completion, so it’s not something that will distract you so much if you are trying to get the sneak gyro soon, and only 1, the Inquest Servo, seems to be tied to RNG.

There isn’t even a wiki article on this hammer yet, so the opinion I have is mostly speculation, but I really think it is a good skin with a decent amount of difficulty to get it. It’s also one of the few good reasons I have right now to complete the Scrapper.

As today I have the Scrapper Hammer, the Mystic Battlehammer and the Dredge Lesson on Metalcraft. The other 4 will take a good amount of time and experience yet.

What do you opine? Do you like the skin? Do you think it’s too much grind? Do you know good ways to get the items? Do you know how common is the Inquest Servo drop?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

The Inquest gear dropped for me on Golem Mark II (first time kill since the Expantion).

I’ll work my way towards it slowly, but I plan to do that with all elite spec weapons at some point. Not sure if I ill use it or not yet.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

One word to describe this hammer: AWESOME
Where do u got the Dredge Lesson on Metalcraft from?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

One of the heart merchants in the dredge caverns at the soutwest of Frostgorge Sound.

Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Bookilooki.4890

Bookilooki.4890

I’ve had pretty good luck with drops for the collection so far. The chak one I got just from simple exploration.
As for the other parts of it, I can’t seem to figure out where to trade crystalline ore at in order to get the other parts.
Lastly, It seems that the quest that unlocks Drone Race is bugged and wont progress far enough to unlock it, so for the time being, I am at a dead end.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

I believe the cristallyne trade is unlocked through a language mastery, maybe with the Exalted?

Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

I just saw the requirements, some of them rely way way to much on rng like some exotic drops from world bosses, ive been playing the game for 2 years and i barely got 1-2 exotics from world bosses, i just gave up before even i try

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Magoslich.6857

Magoslich.6857

I believe for the world boss drops, they may have set up a trigger of some kind where the item will always drop if you need it for a collection. I know I got my items for both the Revenant collections and the Scrapper collections when I did the Inquest golem first time.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I agree the skin looks good. It’s a shame Anet made it ascended quality though because it does require a lot of work to unlock. The biggest one is the amount of masteries you need to unlock to achieve it. By the time you get it, you’re likely to be sick of playing HoT

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

I just saw the requirements, some of them rely way way to much on rng like some exotic drops from world bosses, ive been playing the game for 2 years and i barely got 1-2 exotics from world bosses, i just gave up before even i try

I can assert that the RNG isn’t as bad as it seems. I ran with a fellow scrapper guildie since HoT launch and we both nabbed the Chak part in Tangled Depths within a few minutes of meeting the bugs for the first time, and we both got the Mark II golem part when we did the boss on the first go.

Either we are both very lucky or it really isn’t bad.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

I did the Mark II yesterday and got nothing. Do someone know if you have a chance to get this whenever you kill the Golem, or only once a day?

Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Is there a pic of this skin anywhere?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Is there a pic of this skin anywhere?

Yeah, go into your achievement panel. Find the specialization achievements, and you can preview it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Not at home right now or I would. =P

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Magoslich.6857

Magoslich.6857

I did the Mark II yesterday and got nothing. Do someone know if you have a chance to get this whenever you kill the Golem, or only once a day?

Did you make sure to loot the chest that shows up when the boss dies and not just the one that pops up over the map?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

In fact the boss chest is not appearing for me. Since I get gold tier on the event and didn’t die during it, I think it could be a bug. I’ll try again tonight.
Or maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why are you working under the assumption that it is a guaranteed drop? It is RnG.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

Why are you working under the assumption that it is a guaranteed drop? It is RnG.

I know is rng. But the chest should appear the same, as far as I know.

Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I can assert that the RNG isn’t as bad as it seems. I ran with a fellow scrapper guildie since HoT launch and we both nabbed the Chak part in Tangled Depths within a few minutes of meeting the bugs for the first time, and we both got the Mark II golem part when we did the boss on the first go.

No, the RNG is fairly reasonable. I’ve been collecting drops for this, other specialization weapons, and Mistward armor pieces for my revenant, and I don’t think I’ve ever had to do more than 20-30 kills of an enemy type before it dropped the thing I wanted, and several I’ve gotten in the first dozen or so.

Hard part are the mastery-locked gear, most of the required masteries for some of the pieces are near or at the end of the Mastery chain.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

Does anyone know how to get the Engineer’s Cache. It says to complete a Magus Falls map as an Engineer. Which according to Wiki Magus Falls is west of Tarnished Coast close by Rata Sum. Assuming they mean one of the HoT PvE maps. I completed the Verdant Brink map today. Got no reward. I was a scrapper though, but that should count right?

Is it the wrong map or just bugged?

Will take a while to get the other item. Wanted to try to get this skin before starting the story but doubt that will be possible.

You need Nuhoch IV Stealth detection.
Exalted V exalted gathering.
Gliding IV Stealth gliding.

I wonder if you can have someone else get Nuhoch IV have him detect a mushroom and then kill it together and collect the item.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Stasticeel.2745

Does anyone know how to get the Engineer’s Cache. It says to complete a Magus Falls map as an Engineer. Which according to Wiki Magus Falls is west of Tarnished Coast close by Rata Sum. Assuming they mean one of the HoT PvE maps. I completed the Verdant Brink map today. Got no reward. I was a scrapper though, but that should count right?

Is it the wrong map or just bugged?

Will take a while to get the other items. Wanted to try to get this skin before starting the story but doubt that will be possible.

You need Nuhoch IV Stealth detection.
Exalted V exalted gathering.
Gliding IV Stealth gliding.

I wonder if you can have someone else get Nuhoch IV have him detect a mushroom and then kill it together and collect the item.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Stasticeel, I’m in the same boat. I’ve completed Verdant Brink – 100%. No Engineer’s Cache. Either it’s bugged or you need something more like every Mastery Point spot. I KNOW I’m missing at least one in Verdant Brink.

Also, I noticed talk of getting 7 items for this achievement. If you’re supposed to get the hammer after only 7, I want to know where my hammer is. I lucked out with the RNG items (or they’re REALLY common). I got both of them on the first boss down. I’m sitting at 7/14, trying to figure out the rest.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

JackOfAllGames.2409

Aw, man. Here I thought trying to get map completion before the expansion would be a GOOD thing. Good to know then. Thanks insanemaniac! At least I can stop hunting odd Mastery Point spots that I may have missed. Turns out that I’d missed several in Verdant Brink.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

mastery points arent part of map completion and are account bound. keep doing those on whatever toons you want

…just make sure you complete HoT maps on nonstarred toons so you can build your legendaries and spec weapons. i know i will… good thing only 2 of my 5 engis have map completion.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Josa.5067

Josa.5067

Just got mine. You need 14/14, not 7/14. You can buy Plated Hammers from the merchant that spawns after you finish the meta event in Dragons Stand, which you need to get a Machined Hammer, incase anyone was wondering. The same guy also sells the Scrappers Inscription.

Attachments:

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

Awesome, grats!
One of the coolest skins in the game

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

The only thing holding me back from it is the 100% completion bug

that makes me a little upset

A couple things to note:

-Almost all the items are given on the first go at whatever is required to get them.

-Easiest place to find the Treasure Mushroom is in the Grub Pit, Tangled Depths. You NEED Stealth Training to participate in the event. It doesn’t work if you just hit him.

-Machined Hammer is by far the biggest hurdle next to the exp grind, and it’s only one part of it: The handle. I’m fairly certain the kitten thing is lying when it says “Found in Noxious Pods”, because I cracked open 50 of the things over 3 successful DS maps and get zilch, but I suddenly obtained it when opening the chest you get when you beat the mouth of mordremoth, which I think is where you ACTUALLY get it, and the noxious pod thing is just outdated/false

Attachments:

(edited by Ricky Rouse.1583)

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Josa.5067

The only thing holding me back from it is the 100% completion bug

that makes me a little upset

I made an entirely new engineer just to get that cache =D

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Stasticeel.2745

Gratz to those who have it. How’d you get all those exp for the required masteries?

Does the story have a lot.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Josa.5067

Gratz to those who have it. How’d you get all those exp for the required masteries?

Does the story have a lot.

I just kind of got the masteries while I was maxing the elite specs of my alts.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

JackOfAllGames.2409

Man. When I see comments like that so soon after the game’s release, I wonder how much others are playing…or whether I’m just THAT inefficient. Anyway, it is good to remember that the masteries are account-wide. I’m now working on leveling some of my alts and it does help leveling the masteries feel like less of a chore…though you can only do the same events over and over so many times without it getting boring.

Hopefully in time, more people will get into the later zones, making some of the later events POSSIBLE (providing more variety). Right now, only the first zone is proving reliable for decent fast-moving event completion. SOMETIMES the second zone, depending on time of day.

(edited by JackOfAllGames.2409)

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

No, the RNG is fairly reasonable. I’ve been collecting drops for this, other specialization weapons, and Mistward armor pieces for my revenant, and I don’t think I’ve ever had to do more than 20-30 kills of an enemy type before it dropped the thing I wanted, and several I’ve gotten in the first dozen or so.

Hard part are the mastery-locked gear, most of the required masteries for some of the pieces are near or at the end of the Mastery chain.

I killed loads of Chakk, still didnt get it, ill try the golem few more times just in case my drops were bugged or something

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: gesus christ.4820

gesus christ.4820

Finished Verbant Brink, got the engie cache, but it did not count on my collection, should i open it?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Yeah you need to open it on your engi.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Nate.8146

I thought Magnus Falls was all 4 maps, not just Verdant Brink?

Also, I find adventures a good source of XP, especially when you complete them the first time. Some of them are fun to do too.

And to add to the topic, what skin set do you think would look best with the Fix-R-Upper? Seems to me that Aetherblade or Magitech armor suits it well.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I thought Magnus Falls was all 4 maps, not just Verdant Brink?

Also, I find adventures a good source of XP, especially when you complete them the first time. Some of them are fun to do too.

And to add to the topic, what skin set do you think would look best with the Fix-R-Upper? Seems to me that Aetherblade or Magitech armor suits it well.

It’s just ONE map of magus fall for the collection.

You’ll need all 4 for the next legendaries.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I’ve completed all the 4 new maps on my engineer and have gotten 0 rewards. Would love to finish this collection for the skin.

Edit: treasure mushroom is also bugged, it only unlocks for one random elite spec weapon collection.

(edited by Are.1326)

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

Got the Servo and the Chak goop on saturday. Now I’m just rising masteries.

Hawks

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Not gonna lie, so far I like the elite spec weapons more than the legendaries. The reaper greatsword and scrapper hammer are just beautiful.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Blue Arremer.9628

Blue Arremer.9628

Those are the standouts, the rest aren’t so great. Horologicus and Glint’s Bastion are nice looking.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

If a dev reads this, this needs a “Hint:” in the tooltip. something about a massive dredge mine in a mountain or something. That would narrow it down from the entire game to a handful of places.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Foefaller.1082

Man. When I see comments like that so soon after the game’s release, I wonder how much others are playing…or whether I’m just THAT inefficient. Anyway, it is good to remember that the masteries are account-wide. I’m now working on leveling some of my alts and it does help leveling the masteries feel like less of a chore…though you can only do the same events over and over so many times without it getting boring.

Hopefully in time, more people will get into the later zones, making some of the later events POSSIBLE (providing more variety). Right now, only the first zone is proving reliable for decent fast-moving event completion. SOMETIMES the second zone, depending on time of day.

For the most part, it’s really all about stacking boosters; Birthday/Celebration(same boost, different durations), New XP booster, Old XP booster, Killstreak booster, normal consumables/food, halloween consumables, banners, guild hall bonus, and likely one or two more things I’ve forgotten. Also, kill any non-hostile beasts you run into, most people just ignore them, and all mobs give bonus xp up to a total more than twice their normal worth depending on how long it’s been since they’ve spawned.

When you’re getting 7-8k xp base and up to 12k or more xp on everything you kill, those masteries start filling out pretty quickly.

EDIT: I misworded the bonus xp bit, the bonus itself can rise to more than double the base, after boosters, meaning a mob noone has killed in forever can be worth more than three times what it’s normally worth. Hence how you can get to 12k or more. A guildie of mine once got 16k xp on a single mob kill thanks to that bonus xp.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

Where did you guys get the charged hammer head from for the Machined Hammer?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Nate.8146

You need weapon smithing and craft an oiled hammer head. From there, bring it to any place of power to charge it up (similar to quartz crystals).

In addition the the map completion bug for some, there’s another bug where completing the Treasure Mushroom event will unlock the collection for a random specialization. So far I killed the champ twice on my engineer and it’s unlocked the Berserker and Druid collection, but not my engineer’s collection yet.

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Sobin.5947

You need weapon smithing and craft an oiled hammer head. From there, bring it to any place of power to charge it up (similar to quartz crystals).

In addition the the map completion bug for some, there’s another bug where completing the Treasure Mushroom event will unlock the collection for a random specialization. So far I killed the champ twice on my engineer and it’s unlocked the Berserker and Druid collection, but not my engineer’s collection yet.

Hey thanks for the reply, is it the Oiled Orichalcum Hammer Head? I see that on the ah, unless it have to craft something different that is soulbound

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: DivineBuddha.1589

DivineBuddha.1589

Dam Drone Race is bugged for me and I cant complete my collection anybody know a way to fix it or do we have to wait till anet fixes it?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Dam Drone Race is bugged for me and I cant complete my collection anybody know a way to fix it or do we have to wait till anet fixes it?

How is it bugged?

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Sobin.5947

How is it bugged?

One of the missions that you have to complete to unlock it gets stuck and is unfinishable, i assume that’s what he means

Fix-R-Upper

in Engineer

Foefaller.1082

How is it bugged?

One of the missions that you have to complete to unlock it gets stuck and is unfinishable, i assume that’s what he means

Also, sometimes you are mysteriously one-shotted at the end of Drone Race itself when using the final ramp to jump over the flames at the end.

Luckly, unlike the event that often bugs out before it, there is a workaround; ramp over the rocks to the left of the flames instead, you’ll land safely behind them without any problems crossing the finish line.