Fixing Pistol Skills for PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Pistol can be a really handy supportive weapon in PvP, however the skills are mixed to how it can be effectively used. Let’s keep the concept of the skills the same but maximize it’s usability to support teammates.

Blowtorch – Changed to come out in all directions.

• If you are targeting someone, and they move a few degrees…it pretty much doesn’t connect, resets itself, or is wasted.
  • Animation slightly changed – Engineer now spins, blowing fire.
  • Makes ganging up on an Engi a risky move and allows Engis to get into the fight rather than dancing outside a node.

Static Shot – Can bounce on the same target if there are no other enemies, bounce increased to 5

• Engineers are supportive but sometimes you are either left alone or there isn’t enough enemies to bounce 4 times…which (given the low damage and low duration of condition) is wasted.
  • Point is to maximize it’s usability

Poison Dart Volley – Cast time should be reduced.

• The current 1.75s is pretty crucial to surviving, landing combos, and maximizing the advantage of the poison.

Glue Shot – Condition duration should be increased to match the duration of the puddle.

• Other classes have long stuns that last longer than the conditions on this skill.
  • Being in a puddle rarely is a threat.

Other noteworthy additions:

• Increase the Condition Duration and Condition Damage – Currently running a Engi condi build in PvP is a super risky choice…however, it really isn’t a threat because how easily it can be avoided, ignored, or cleansed.
  • Reduce cast-times or cooldowns – Engis should be a threat, if running condi. While they are pretty easy to kill while running condi, they should at least be a threat if left alive. Think Necros, Warriors, or Thieves running Condi…they can constantly apply them and overwhelm classes with little cleanse while being still super sustainable. Engi doesn’t really have that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

- Currently running a Engi condi build in PvP is a super risky choice…however, it really isn’t a threat because how easily it can be avoided, ignored, or cleansed.

While I agree that it can be cleansed, and only ignored if you are a class with multiple cleanses (DH/survival druid…), and to some degree, a bit risky, however to say we are not really a threat, that I must disagree with. I’ve ran my condi engi build that I built for 2 years now (something close was JUST put on metabattle not too long ago, however on the site its not optimized for what it can bring, but everyone has their own playstyle).

Ive even beat plague reapers (albeit not a majority of them, but more than any condi class should). There is def a threat and ive got lots of vids to show it. I also agree that blowtorch needs to be re-looked at (and what you said that was the issue is very true), however the rest can probably be left alone. Condi engi’s can be a threat, however I Can honestly say that every single one I have come across (aside from 1 condi scrapper who caught me by surprise whom was pretty good themselves) were beat. Some simple mistakes in the build, wrong timings and 1 that was probably running it for the first time. I guess I should be thankful that ppl don’t see us as much of a threat. Makes the fight in our favor.

TL;DR Like any build, even this one can be a threat in the right hands and to give us the element of surprise (by having the mentality that we are not really a threat) makes it fun for us. The Metabattle build isn’t that great, and after testing condi engi for 2 years, there is a better set up than whats there (but everyone has their own playstyle).

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Blowtorch – Changed to come out in all directions.

• If you are targeting someone, and they move a few degrees…it pretty much doesn’t connect, resets itself, or is wasted.
  • Animation slightly changed – Engineer now spins, blowing fire.
  • Makes ganging up on an Engi a risky move and allows Engis to get into the fight rather than dancing outside a node.

Condi engi is decent, but i only really support your Blowtorch change. I cannot express ENOUGH how many times Blowtorch has annoyed me when me or the enemy strafe a “tiny” amount and it fails.

Blowtorch is the main reason to take Pistol-OffHand and it only works usually when standing still. It annoys me so much i just take shield instead(which is still decent.)

in Engineer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I would do it more like:
1-one extra stack of bleed.
2-pierces and one extra stack of poison (and/or vulnerability), maybe also more direct dmg.
3-reduced cooldown to like 8s.
4-it applies burn to all targets hit equally. Maybe also only 2 ranges with 2-4 burn stacks.
5-beside immobilize it also applies slow condi …. since its glue and all.

all is vain