Flamethrower suggestions

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Hi there, here is my suggestions about FT bundle

* Flame Jet - make it’s cone of fire more wider (especially at start point) and maybe, more longer (up to 600). I’ll agree if this effect will be added to the Juggernaut or Deadly Mixture traits.
* Flame Jet - reduce casting time from the 2.25 sec to 1.75 sec, but with the same damage and number of attacks
* Flame Jet - improove maximum affected targets to 5, because now it’s only 3! WTF? Is that AOE more powerful than another classes AOEs? Not, it’s weaker!
* Flame Blast - make it blasts at the 1st collision, not at max distance! Coz now this skill is mostly unusable. So funny: blast happens out of cone of fire of the Flame Jet skill, LOL.
* Napalm - remake it AOE-mask from line to circle with 240 radius.
* Air Blast - make the cone of fire more wider and effect more visible
* Smoke Vent - make this effect more visible and let it will leave field of smoke with the old radius (180) for 5 seconds (like 5th skill of thieves offhand pistol)
* Icendiary ammo - decrease cooldown of this gadget skill to 20 sec at base, or remake it into something more useful in comparsion with other gadget skills.
* FT base attack stats must be equal to rifle! Now it’s equal to exotic pistol, even if you have exo rifle equipped

Attachments:

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Alaztor.6918

Alaztor.6918

I love the flamethrower but it feels so mediocre, would love to see some of these changes, specially the Flame Blast one.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Does the toughness trait on using a flamethrower scales with the toughness trait on using a shield? Because if it does, ill create a little monster :>

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

No. The Grandmaster FT trait in Firearms only gives you a flat 200 Toughness. For a 2000 Defense build, this reduces damage by 5% (Since doubling existing defense halves the damage at the prior defense level).

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Does the toughness trait on using a flamethrower scales with the toughness trait on using a shield? Because if it does, ill create a little monster :>

Maybe yes, maybe not - it doesn’t matter, really
Even plus 200 TOU do not making "little monster" from Engi, so plus 90 TOU will not make it too.
I have more than 3100 Defence at WWW and this is really not enough against numbered enemies. This is not enough against veterans and champs in the insts.
Maybe it’s ok against 1 enemy, but so little scale fights means nothing.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Blakey.5670

Blakey.5670

I agree with all of it , although i would like to add these:

1. The flamethrower main issue for me is it’s random misses. It happens when you’re not centered correctly on targets and on alot of objects (gates,boxes,etc.).
Really is random and can ruin your day when it happens in the wrong time.

2. Am i the only one that finds flame blast to be fine as it is?
I like how it passes through targets. That way i get the impact damage on more then 1 guy. It’s great.
Yes you need to be at a certain distance to get the impact blast, But that came to me easily after using the flamethrower for some time.

3. I really think they should change the knockback on 3 to a knockdown. Only for the sake of making the kit more powerful. It is after all a pretty meh kit.

4. Smoke vent is a silly ability. It’s the weakest ever number 5 .
Should really spice it out abit. Don’t need to go overboard, but maybe just change it.
Elementist fire school resembles engnieers FT. Yes all of their skills are great.

Behellzebab – lvl 80 pvp egineer

(edited by Blakey.5670)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Juggernaut won’t stack with Reinforced Shield – simple matter of not having both equipped at once.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

I agree with all of it , although i would like to add these:

1. The flamethrower main issue for me is it’s random misses. It happens when you’re not centered correctly on targets and on alot of objects (gates,boxes,etc.).
Really is random and can ruin your day when it happens in the wrong time.

2. Am i the only one that finds flame blast to be fine as it is?
I like how it passes through targets. That way i get the impact damage on more then 1 guy. It’s great.
Yes you need to be at a certain distance to get the impact blast, But that came to me easily after using the flamethrower for some time.

3. I really think they should change the knockback on 3 to a knockdown. Only for the sake of making the kit more powerful. It is after all a pretty meh kit.

4. Smoke vent is a silly ability. It’s the weakest ever number 5 .
Should really spice it out abit. Don’t need to go overboard, but maybe just change it.
Elementist fire school resembles engnieers FT. Yes all of their skills are great.

1. Fully agree here.

2. No, it’s unusable: sure, everyone can use this blast damage at the 1st time, but after that: Target in the melee, or target at the FJ distance (400) and out of blast radius anyway. So after fight starts blast becomes fully unusable.

3. Disagree – it’s a great weapon against enemies and projectiles, but they need to make it wider and AOE!

4. I think, they need to make it like Napalm – ground target AOE. but now it’s usable too – especially, against thieves. They need to make lasting AOE effect – 5 sec will be enough (like 5th offhand pistol thieves skill)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Blakey.5670

Blakey.5670

OK i agree with the last post,but the number 2.

I argue it’s fine the way it is. Yes you get it off when they’re at range and you’re both coming in.
After the contact, if he’s range you can still get it off.
Melee can be pushed back by number 3 or rifle 4.

Exploding a bomb shell like number 2 in close range that makes no sense. And you’ll lose out on the passing through damage it does at the moment.
And if something blocks the path you’ll lose out the damage on the correct target.

Again it’s just my opinion. I can make do if they’ll change it your way aswell.

Behellzebab – lvl 80 pvp egineer

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Well anyway i like the engi but its only an alt atm. Necro is so much funnier in Condition build or Tankshroud build. Have fun you guys.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

I like Engi too - it was my 1st 80 character...

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

FT1: Fix the misses. Especially on objects.
FT2: Fix the obstructions. For PvE practice will get you pretty far with this skill, but in PvP/WvW kinda useless unless for example it detonated on 1st collision.
FT3: Maybe make it a Blast finisher.
FT4: Don’t really have an issue.
FT5: Should be a Combo Field .

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I personally was hoping they’d finally fix napalm so it exploded on impact instead of floating thru everything like it wasn’t there.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I personally was hoping they’d finally fix napalm so it exploded on impact instead of floating thru everything like it wasn’t there.

Are you talking about Flame Blast (FT#2)? Because Napalm (FT#4) is incendiary, not explosive.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Hey!
Is the Flamethrower already got fixed?

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Are you talking about Flame Blast (FT#2)? Because Napalm (FT#4) is incendiary, not explosive.

Yes, its Flame Blast, and I’m on the fence about it.

On the one hand I would prefer it to be explode on impact, which would make it really nice in some of the enemy event waves i.e. Orr. On the other hand, keeping it in this current format may be interesting as an anti-zerg device (if you’re cagy enough to get that close – perhaps use a wall, or does it go through doors too?).

Rest of that kit line I’m happy with, I’ve used all of them much more with the recent changes. I still get ‘miss’ issues though when dealing with sloped terrain.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

We are still waiting of the FT fix

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Flamethrower still not buffed!
Arena, wake up!

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

We are still need a buff

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Spamming this thread daily is not going to change anything. They fix what they want when they want.

I would also like to say outside of obvious hit box bugs, I’d say I’m quite happy with the flamethrower. Granted I only play WvW and dungeons so I can’t speak for PvP, but I have few issues trying to set things up to be effective. Best tip I can offer is learn ranges, and pair it up with the control of the rifle. It is key to use both together for full effectiveness.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

seems like you are asking to be OP
if there was to be a change in the ft i rather it be just ONE wich is having smoke vent the way it was on beta -

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Daigle.8497

Daigle.8497

I actually like FT5.

It works even when you’re disabled, although it should either be a finisher (Blast) or a field…. (Smoke), but it’s not entirely worthless.

It’s still a 5 second AOE blind with a 20 second cooldown, that works through stun.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

yes daigle like you said it should create a smoke field or a blast ;(

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Spamming this thread daily is not going to change anything. They fix what they want when they want.

I dont care, you know…
This is much better than flooding our forum with stupid threads about “is turrets useful” (all know it’s not), “Give us a hummer” (for what?!) or “omg super-chill spec!!!” (completely useless…)
The real problems threads are sinking in that flodd of useless threads…

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Didn’t know #5 could be used like that. Going to have to do some testing I think.

Also does anyone know if you have a person targeted in say a WvW zerg can the flamethrower use it up its maximum number of targets before the target is hit? Like if you target a guy and he has five people within range in front of him would he still get hit? I would assume that he wouldn’t but I have never tested it or payed much attention.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

"if you have a person targeted in say a WvW zerg can the flamethrower use it up its maximum number of targets before the target is hit?"
Yes
And maximum limit for FT is not 5 - it’s 3!

UP to thread!

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

#1fix the kitten targeting bugs, needs about 15% more damage

#2can be detonated on command and the detonation is a blast finisher

#3Air blast: After use it turns into another skill. This ability is usable for 5 seconds.

#3(b)Back Draft: Drags the target back towards you (like spectral grasp) and burns them for 4 seconds.

#4: have it create a circle of fire (like a ranger trap). The line is pretty kitten useless

#5: Smoke vent pulses for 5 seconds. Blinds on second 1, 3, and 5. This makes 3 aoe blinds on use, it is very under par right now. Increase the radius

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Smoke vent is actually pretty good.

You get stunned? Swap to FT and use #5. Since both are instant, you can do it really fast and blind the ennemy so they can’t combo you.

Also, don’t forget you can use it to stomp people
Start the finisher, switch to FT, and when you see the ennemy trying to interrupt you, cast blind. They will miss and you kill them.

I agree tho it could use a smoke field. Maybe take the smoke field from Flame turret (doesn’t work most of the time, need ennemy in range) and put it on Smoke vent.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

And let FT #3 will destroy siege projectiles (trebuchet, catapult, ballista) too like the Elem focus #4 does.
Even better if it will be reflect it back to it’s source^^

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Honestly, the flamethrower feels really strong to me, overall. 1 deals a high amount of damage, 2 is a massive explosion, 3 is good if you’re being zerged, 4 can give you a very long burn, and 5 is an instant blind you can cast whenever you want, totally for free. Which isn’t to say it’s perfect, but its problems are mostly bugs. ANet needs to fix the bugs before buffing the kit because doing both at the same time could easily overpower it.

1: it needs to stop missing all the freaking time. That’s all.
2: I get an “Obstructed” message on this if my target is even the slightest bit off the same vertical plane as me. That’s dumb. It would be nice if we could detonate it, but I’d settle for it detonating at all.
3: it’s good, but sometimes I feel like it just doesn’t belong here. It knocks them out of 1 range and they aren’t disabled long enough for 2 to hit.
4: maybe it could activate a little quicker, I dunno.
5: I do think this skill is fine. Being able to activate it through disables is extremely powerful. I just wish it weren’t useless against dredge.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Please, not experienced, not 80 lvl Engineers, who not played much at the WvW/sPvP and didn’t played much with another 80 lvl classes - do not post in this thread.
Your messages has the wrong view about the Engineer. At least, do not judge another player suggestions - maybe, they have a real reasons for it and enough experience.

Thank you very much.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Please, not experienced, not 80 lvl Engineers, who not played much at the WvW/sPvP and didn’t played much with another 80 lvl classes – do not post in this thread.
Your messages has the wrong view about the Engineer. At least, do not judge another player suggestions – maybe, they have a real reasons for it and enough experience.

Thank you very much.

How rude.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

What needs some fixes imo:
1 (Flame Jet) is nearly melee and can have max 3 targets, no reward for risk of going melee. 5 targets and/or damage depending on distance (same as blowtorch)
2 (Flame blast) works like normal rifle/pistol shots but is slow as hell – easy to miss. Ground targeting needed
5 (Smoke Vent) should be a short smoke field

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

imo
-#1 skill – Changed so you have to remain still while attacking and you would sweep the jet from side to side. This would come with a Dmg increase to make up for loss of movement.
-#2 skill – Changed so that the blast explodes when it hits the enemy you are targetting, if it collides with another enemy first it triggers a small AoE blast before traveling through them, this would also lessen the damage of the final blast. This adds strategy to target selection when using it.
-#3 skill – (pipe dream) I would rather this skill go back to the way it was at first, instead of knocking ppl back it pulls enemies in.
-#5 skill – smoke field would be nice but the fact that you can use this skill at any time is pretty usefull.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Kobold.7659

Kobold.7659

I would kill to have Napalm revert back to a circular ground cast like it was in beta (I think).

It’s next to useless as it is now. At least to the engineer.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

-#1 skill – Changed so you have to remain still while attacking and you would sweep the jet from side to side. This would come with a Dmg increase to make up for loss of movement.

The worst idea ever. The only thing making flamethrower so useful is dealing constant damage while moving around a bunch of enemies. Even old juggernaut wasn’t be rooting, just crippling. The only rooting weapon is now mortar, but it has huge range and damage in comparition to flamethrower

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

The worst idea ever. The only thing making flamethrower so useful is dealing constant damage while moving around a bunch of enemies. Even old juggernaut wasn’t be rooting, just crippling. The only rooting weapon is now mortar, but it has huge range and damage in comparition to flamethrower

I would say when it comes to keeping constant damage on groups of enemies FT actually fails when compared to Grenades or Bombkit.

I know its a pretty far fetched idea but for me personally I would rather be rooted but deal huge amounts of damage with my Flamethrower than deal mediocre damage while running around and causing miss miss miss over and over.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

Honestly, the flamethrower feels really strong to me, overall. 1 deals a high amount of damage, 2 is a massive explosion, 3 is good if you’re being zerged, 4 can give you a very long burn, and 5 is an instant blind you can cast whenever you want, totally for free. Which isn’t to say it’s perfect, but its problems are mostly bugs. ANet needs to fix the bugs before buffing the kit because doing both at the same time could easily overpower it.

1: it needs to stop missing all the freaking time. That’s all.
2: I get an "Obstructed" message on this if my target is even the slightest bit off the same vertical plane as me. That’s dumb. It would be nice if we could detonate it, but I’d settle for it detonating _at all_.
3: it’s good, but sometimes I feel like it just doesn’t belong here. It knocks them out of 1 range and they aren’t disabled long enough for 2 to hit.
4: maybe it could activate a little quicker, I dunno.
5: I do think this skill is fine. Being able to activate it through disables is extremely powerful. I just wish it weren’t useless against dredge.

if FT#2 detonated when it hit your target (selected not just first object) it would increase strategy options as well as resolve the issue with FT#3 not disabling long enough, and noy dramatically change the functionality of the whole kit.

id like to see FT#4 apply in a line out from the engie in the facing direction, not perpendicular at targetted location.

if FT#5 then became a combo field, the whole kit would be kitten solid

(edit: currently, to counteract the range of Ft#3 knock back, i activate at abouy 2/3 FT#1 range, dodge back and fire FT#2. the foe generally runs right into the explosion)

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

FT#1 – Much improved after the patch. Good work so far, Devs … Now please complete the job of fixing this.

FT#2 Why can’t we detonate this, instead of having to wait out its range? Seems like something that got forgotten in the rush to get GW2 out. Also, why no cond on this?

FT#3 – Pushback on a (nearly) melee weapon! Needs brief stun or knockdown.

FT#4 – Weak but usable. (I’ve noticed that the angle is adjustable, but only if you have the time to position it accurately.)

FT#5 Really needs to be a combo field. Seems to be another oversight that it isn’t.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

FT#1 – Much improved after the patch.

What patch and what improvements?

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Kobold.7659

Kobold.7659

And fix the bug with fire blast flying through the ground, please.

Often it’ll just fly through the target—then the ground—and deal no explosion damage.

Make it either a detonate ability or have it explode upon contact.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

FT#1 – Much improved after the patch.

What patch and what improvements?

january 28 patch; improved tarhetting of rectangular aoe abilities. (paraphrase)

this fix greatly improved the flamethrower’s hit rate. other than stationary objects (still bugged, but there are workarounds) there are no problems with ft missing. nome that i’ve experienced in the last two weeks.

this fix also improved the hit box for pistol#4 among other things.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Up to the thread!

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

1 deals a high amount of damage

This right here is the reason you should be ignored (or better yet “muted”) in the engg forums (spreading such horribly wrong information).

FT is practically (understand what “practically” means) a melee weapon that does a little over 1/4 melee damage. If you consider FT ranged, it does about 3/4 range damage (at a really limited range).

I got a lot angrier about this today because I recently did the jormag event and picked up the event FT. How is it possible that event weapon MISSES LESS on stationary targets (ice pillars you need to destroy so golems can get to claw of jormag) while our own FT still misses so often. That really kitten me off when I tried both FT’s out.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

1 deals a high amount of damage

This right here is the reason you should be ignored (or better yet "muted") in the engg forums (spreading such horribly wrong information).

FT is practically (understand what "practically" means) a melee weapon that does a little over 1/4 melee damage. If you consider FT ranged, it does about 3/4 range damage (at a really limited range).

I got a lot angrier about this today because I recently did the jormag event and picked up the event FT. How is it possible that event weapon MISSES LESS on stationary targets (ice pillars you need to destroy so golems can get to claw of jormag) while our own FT still misses so often. That really kitten me off when I tried both FT’s out.

in a complete set of Knight armor (pistol, shield, all trinks and armor) with a full set of melandru runes, and a base 7 stacks of might with juggernaut, FT#1 ticking 10 times on an opponent will do approximately 4500-6000 dmg with a 56% crit rate and 863 cond dmg.

With Utility goggles and 12-15 stacks of might, FT1 does approximately 5500-7500 dmg with 10 ticks.

With 17-20 stacks of might, it can hit for up to 10k.

Thats every 4 seconds.

Thats also applied up to 5 times to varying degrees based on where in the cone your foes are.

A potential 50k dmg every 4 seconds.

I don’t now about you but that isn’t "low" dmg in my eyes.

Is every battle 100% theory perfect? No. But if you play well, and if you use the FT, you’ll be aware that it does *significant* damage to groups of foes both PvE and PvP.

This is not even accounting for the tick 10 burn on FT 1 or for incendiary ammo, which applies a 3 second, 1700 dmg burn (with the above gear) to the next three attacks.

as for the miss bug .. ya it is annoying, but it only becomes a problem in some cases, and on all stationary objects, there is a way to dmg it, they all have a "sweet spot" (no we shouldnt HAVE to find it, but at least it is there until anet fixes things)

(edited by nakoda.4213)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

You are comparing the total damage of a buffed FT 1 to what exactly? You basically advertised these “amazing” numbers the FT(buffed) can do without showing what other (buffed) options can do. That’s also assuming you land ALL 10 HITS.

I compared an unbuffed rifle(range)/bomb(melee) to an unbuffed FT.

With my stats I get this in cursed shore:
FT 1 = 1110 + 403 over 2.25sec = 672 dps ~ 744 with 6might ~ 825 with 15% damage trait (not applying 15% to burn)
rifle 1 = 573 over 0.75sec = 764 dps
bomb 1 = 927 over 0.5sec = 1854 dps

Just wow. I mean cmon!! I just have to take the 10% rifle damage trait and I’m already doing more dps with the rifle with an easier application method. With the rifle I have to stay on my target for 0.75 sec. Can you even understand the effort required to stay within 425 of your target for 2.25 sec?

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

I feel like the range is just fine, however, the autoattack is still way too prone to missing. The damage is also very underwhelming considering how devastating a flamethrower actually is in real life and how much effort it takes a rather squishy profession like the Engineer to stay within the range and ensure the entire channeling hits. It is a high risk but low reward kit on a medium armor profession. I feel like this is utterly wrong design.

I honestly expected the flamethrower kit to grant you more access to strong burning conditions, fire and smoke combo fields and massive short range burst AoE damage.

While the autoattack and #4 are meh, #3 is great, #2 and #5 are just pathetic. #2 could be great, but it is simply way too buggy, the projectile is way too slow and gets obstructed 99% of the time, which is a shame. It should explode and deal its spike damage as soon as it hits something.

The autoattack should definitely get buffed and apply burning on every hit, increasing the duration of the condition. This is a flamethrower, after all!

(edited by shedim.8504)

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

im not comparing it to anything, or ibwould have compared it to something.

i also clearly mentioned that those numbers are in a perfect scenario, which almost never happens.

of course my numbers are with a traited and buffed ft, beause my ft is traited and buffed.

would you use the ft without an ft build or buffs? if so, why? why not just use grenades without shrapnel and grenadier as well.

i am fully aware of the effort it takes to stay glued to ny target for a full 2.25 seconds.
pretty hard isnt it?

but again, we face the difference of.opinions where you expect a supprt/aoe weapon to be superior in 1v1 combat, which is a completely unrealistic expectation.

however, against a zerg (pvp or pve) with a competent group of players, the significce of a perpetual stream of dmg that can exceed 10k dps once the ball gets rolling cannot be understated.

if you want to be that strong 1v1 i recommend checking out the more appropriate professions like warrior, thief, and ele.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

Problem is, those professions you listed are strong versus multiple opponents, too and unlike the engineer they don’t need a certain specc for that.

The engineer’s biggest issue is, that the devs decided to gimp him because he is a jack of all trades in a game where every profession can specc to be somewhat a jack of all trades, anyway.

Flamethrower suggestions

in Engineer

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

I love the Flame Thrower, it is my favorite kit, but, why does pistol 4 and rocket boots tool belt have bigger burns?

I would love if every second tic of FT1 would apply a 1 sec burn. Also I would like a secondary attack that is a single target hit hidden in this cone, So that when I target objects it hits it just like other ranged attacks. I think it would fix the missmissmiss issue and boost damage on the primary target of the Flamethrower.

I think FT2 should be able to be detonated on second click. That would let it stay the same and yet be more effective after “round 1” of the combat.

FT3 is fine.

FT4: Napalm should cling to the target upping the burning per pulse up to 2s.

FT5: Smoke Vent. Why is this not a combo Field? the one on the Flame turret is?

Next, I want to use Flamethrower underwater!

FT1 – Same but change to make boiling water (white flames and bubbles?)

FT2 – No Change from above

FT3 – No change

FT4 – Change to a sphere of Boiling Water area when it detonates like the gun in Diessa Plateau’s Flame Temple Tombs, use and orb like FT2 and allow it to detonate for better placement.

FT5 – Combo field blind just like above, call it Oil slick 2.

Finally i would like as a benefit of being in Flamethrower kit, a passive burn remover. Call it Fire Proof, removes a stack of burn every second.

I know…I am dreaming.

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.