Full set of Exotic Rampagers gear, build options?

in Engineer

Posted by: Thriceblinded.9126

Thriceblinded.9126

Hey all,

If you had a full set of exotic Rampagers (Precision/Condition/Power) gear (All armor, trinkets, pistols/shield) with Runes of the Adventurer – what kind of builds would you come up with to maximize on it?

I made this set and was running p/p + elixirs for awhile but with such a non-burst “glass canon” set of gear I’m having trouble in WvW and frankly in some parts of Orr. So while I farm to be able to attain other sets of gear (a defensive set and probably a full berserker set) – what can I do to make full use of this set?

Thanks!

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Honestly with that kind of gear most builds will work for you as basically every engineer weapon set gets benefit from all of those stats.

I would recommend a grenadier proc build though as that would take advantage of all of those stats the best imo.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maimakterion.5940

Maimakterion.5940

Dont bother with the zerker set. Go for a CD, prec, tough set of dungeon armour instead. Although that will probably be your defensive set.

I recommend flamer with as many condition on critical traits as you can. Especially if you trade out those adventurer runes for something with condition duration.

in Engineer

Thriceblinded.9126

Have a build in mind Maimakterion? Which runes of condition duration?

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Dont bother with the zerker set. Go for a CD, prec, tough set of dungeon armour instead. Although that will probably be your defensive set.

I recommend flamer with as many condition on critical traits as you can. Especially if you trade out those adventurer runes for something with condition duration.

This is the exact opposite of what you should do.
Cond is terrible. toughness beyond a trivial amount to stop being 1 rounded by a reflect or thief, or during a 2s immobalize (aka 200 is enough), FT is also terrible.

Cond on crit traits are… ok at best. Sharpshooter is basically free so great. But its overall damage increase is very very small. Burn on crit is terrible. Esp in wvw. Spvp is the only place it might have a use.

cond duration.. is ok/good.

Rampagers vs zerkers. Elixir gun or p/p should work fairly well. tough call really. and yes some duration on with that ought work well.
EG
p/p you have no knockback. what utility are you using? I would recommend ram/elixir R. Rez and interrupt.

EG is mostly direct though.
1% of crit damage increases your crits effectiveness by 2%.
I run pretty much full zerkers.
My elixir F crits for 1000-1500 each usually. Bouncing. depending on might stacks at the time.
2k/s crits on acid bomb. So good. 10k damage over 5s, if someone stays in it.
PDV is 2-3k usually. total hits/crits combined.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haki.6138

Haki.6138

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.4.6.0.20.0.0.0.0.0.79.88.87.95.0.0.0.0.229.0.0.245.248.251.0.0.0.272.277.281.0.0.0.10.30.0.30.0

I use this build for trash mobs and non boss fights very high AoE Damage with flamethrower while elixirs coupled with Juggernaut im averaging about 10-14 stacks of might with 82% crit chance while under fury 92% crit chance if i have fury and the mob is below 50% hp

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.4.6.0.20.0.0.0.0.0.79.88.87.98.0.0.0.0.229.0.0.245.246.252.0.0.0.272.275.281.0.0.0.10.30.0.30.0

I use this build for bosses or gold mobs very high single target condition damage with good backup AoE if boss has adds. With the goggles and elixir b you should only have 6secs downtime without fury and if you go 2 fury runes on amour you should be able to keep fury up through the whole fight or most of it. Analyze also makes boss fights much easier for the whole party. I use this build for WvW while switching to the removing conditions on elixir throw. Not very good at WvW cuz my comp cant really handle it. So dont hold this build to being tested very much in WvW

Both builds bring high damage with buffing support for allies through thrown elixirs granting might. If you end up in a heavy condition fight switch 5% vitality buff to the thrown or consumed elixir removing conditions

These are mainly dungeon and event builds.

I have been using rampager’s gear since i started dpsing the spec into alchemy brings enough vit to be able to survive.

in Engineer

Thriceblinded.9126

Thanks for the responses! I’m going to try a few of these build suggestions.

Casia – I do plan on making a berserker set, but right now I just don’t have the gold for it – so I need to make do for the time being. I will definitely try Berserker-aimed builds ASAP though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Thanks for the responses! I’m going to try a few of these build suggestions.

Casia – I do plan on making a berserker set, but right now I just don’t have the gold for it – so I need to make do for the time being. I will definitely try Berserker-aimed builds ASAP though.

Understandable. CoF and.. uh.. I forget has the same stats.

in Engineer

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

i would use p + shield and pick some good dmg Kit for pvp
p + p + some kit for pve

Blackgate