Gadgets now viable?

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Did this patch actually make gadgets viable? I like the changes on paper. It will be interesting to test some of this out in practice.

“Reactive Lenses: This now uses the traited version of Utility Goggles when Gadgeteer is equipped.
Lock On: Added functionality. This trait will now also analyze foes that you disable. Disable analyze and stealth analyze are two separate skills with individual recharges.
Excessive Energy: This trait now grants its bonus damage when you are not at full endurance.
Kinetic Battery: This trait has been reworked. It now generates kinetic charges whenever a toolbelt skill is used. At 5 charges, gain quickness and superspeed for 5 seconds. Charges can only be generated while in combat but do not expire until 5 stacks is reached or the trait is unequipped.
Gadgeteer: This trait has been reworked. It no longer requires static charges and always enhances your gadgets as long as it is equipped. Gadget recharge bonus has been reduced to 20%. Fixed a bug that prevented enhanced skills from displaying their bonuses properly in the trait preview. Specific gadget enhancements have been adjusted as follows:
A.E.D.: When fatal damage is prevented, this skill now grants shocking aura in addition to its previous effects.
Throw Mine: Increased radius has been removed. This now causes you to drop a second mine at your location when cast.
Utility Goggles: Increased might gain from 3 stacks to 5 stacks.
Slick Shoes: This skill now inflicts cripple when it knocks down foes, in addition to its previous effects.
Rocket Boots: This skill now grants superspeed after landing, in addition to its previous effects.
Personal Battering Ram: This skill is now considered an explosion and inflicts burning, in addition to its previous effects.”

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Midontto.5847

Midontto.5847

In addition to that, Rocket Boots and Personal Battering Ram have 2 ammunition. With a 2 seconds and 5 seconds cool down between use respectively. Also A.E.D. removes confusion as well and Throw Mine’s damage increased by 20%.

All I can think of now is enhanced Throw Mine + Minesweeper + Bunker (+ Supply Crate maybe), mines for daysssss. Put on a Bomb Kit too and you’ll be booming.

Otherwise it’s a good steer to the right direction and could have more uses. You can now utilize Rocket Boots for hit and run tactics, extreme escaping, or high speed chasing and has more synergies with Scrapper. Personal Battering Ram might hit like a truck now. A.E.D. will definitely be more obnoxious. Personally, I think their Tool Belt correspondences could still use some lovin’.

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

In addition to that, Rocket Boots and Personal Battering Ram have 2 ammunition. With a 2 seconds and 5 seconds cool down between use respectively. Also A.E.D. removes confusion as well and Throw Mine’s damage increased by 20%.

All I can think of now is enhanced Throw Mine + Minesweeper + Bunker (+ Supply Crate maybe), mines for daysssss. Put on a Bomb Kit too and you’ll be booming.

Otherwise it’s a good steer to the right direction and could have more uses. You can now utilize Rocket Boots for hit and run tactics, extreme escaping, or high speed chasing and has more synergies with Scrapper. Personal Battering Ram might hit like a truck now. A.E.D. will definitely be more obnoxious. Personally, I think their Tool Belt correspondences could still use some lovin’.

I’m liking Rocket Boots, Slick Shoes, and Utility Goggles. A.E.D. as the heal. Could be some potential there.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Rocket boots has the most of my attention now. Double leap, might finally make Engineer ‘very’ mobile. Also that quickness is extra sugar on the cake. Means it is now truly a good escape still me think.

I’m a bit sad to loose the second hit (with siege rounds, trait gone), skyhammer activation gone (F5 skill on mortar). It was our only long range non reflectable skill in wvw, good for bombing.

With the explosions trait now being less strong, i think it’s a damage nerf for Engineer? Sure they upped some skills, but definitely not all (lots of them) explosions. So that feels like an unwanted nerf. Just checked and yes it’s a 10% flat nerf. Auto attacks are the main dps asset. And that has been nerfed with 10% with no comeback possible on grenade auto attac, bomb auto attack, and mortar auto attack. The new trait that replaces it, i dunno what it does. Anet made no mention what it does in patch notes unless im missing someone; The only mention is it becomes minor grandmaster (Sharped charge is name?)

Edit maybe we can circomvent the dps loss, but it’s tricky. In past Shaped charge and explosions trait could be combo’d for 20% boost. Now We get shaped charge as auto include trait. We can choose bombs cd reduction, but that would be status que to past (but require vulnerability on target, wich is a slight downgrade). There’s however a trait now that converts power into vitality and ferocity. Lets hope the ferocity part can somehow compensate most of dps loss.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Rocket boots has the most of my attention now. Double leap, might finally make Engineer ‘very’ mobile. Also that quickness is extra sugar on the cake. Means it is now truly a good escape still me think.

This, been playing around with it and i think engi could make a really strong +1er for spvp now and we can effectivly stop thiefs from decapping with that extra speed we are getting from rocket boots, the question now is do i go burst condi burst or more tanky.

works neat with the medic gyro to can get 2 leaps and 2 blasts off in the water field.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

(edited by ukuni.8745)

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

At least we’ll be seeing new builds for a time. That itself is good. Also, a little nerf to bombs and nades autoattacks may be a blessing for some carpal tunnels out there, IMO.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Midontto.5847

Midontto.5847

Edit maybe we can circomvent the dps loss, but it’s tricky. In past Shaped charge and explosions trait could be combo’d for 20% boost. Now We get shaped charge as auto include trait. We can choose bombs cd reduction, but that would be status que to past (but require vulnerability on target, wich is a slight downgrade). There’s however a trait now that converts power into vitality and ferocity. Lets hope the ferocity part can somehow compensate most of dps loss.

You’ll need to get a consistent power of 3500 to get over 10% extra critical damage with the new trait. Also, we also gain Blasting Zone, giving Engineer 120 power and more might stacking. Now that it’s even easier to stack might and also easier to stack vulnerability with Lock On’s new changes.

Also with Excessive Energy changes, that’s another 10% extra damage without having to worry about using our endurance. The changes to Reactive Lenses will help out too especially if you slot in Utility Goggles. 2 stun breaks, 5 stacks of might individually, and Analyze + Lock On for an easy 20 stacks of vulnerability. Engineer can also litter the area with mines now with the enhanced Throw Mine + Minesweeper. Lots of boon denial too as well as zoning.

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They need to restore the trait that actually gives them boons and fix the positioning of the mine toolbelt skill but other than that they look nice now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Gadgets now viable?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Rocket Boots change is very, very nice for WvW. I don’t think gadgets will still have much use in PvP or WvW though. Blast Gyro is still superior to Battering Ram with the Scrapper line.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians