Generell questions about kits, sigils.

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I submitted a bug report about this the other day but when I die/go into a downed state I either don’t get my stacks of precision f/ kills anymore or it takes a while after I start killing before they start registering again. It seems to have gotten better though. Most times I was forced to relog to fix this. What I have found is that once I hit a downed/killed state that if I wait a bit BEFORE I kill anything again all is fine. If I IMMEDIATELY start killing again then I don’t get my stacks of precision at all (relog) or for quite a while.

I have noticed this, though I have a feeling it has been fixed recently. If it does happen again the quick (out of combat) fix is to put your sigiled weapon into inventory (preferably slotting something from your inventory in its place) and then swap it back … that seems to resolve the issue immediately.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

Very good news!

Concerning his example with Flamethrower and Sigil of Air: isn´t there an internal cooldown on the lightning?

Yes, there is. But with the flamethrower, it would proc early and as often as possible. Like the medkit can be used to maximize use of runes “on-heal” effects, the flamethrower could be used to maximize use of sigils “on-crit” effects. So, yes please indeed.

It is good to know that these long-awaited engineer changes are still planned, because they have been a long time coming (mentioned in the AMA between BWE1 and BWE2).

I like this job. I like it !

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Are sigils on swap included? Like from switching between two kits or weapon to kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

This is awesome news! wait so your saying if i put sigil of flame on my pistol it will apply to grenades! if yes, that is good news indeed!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

So what’s going on guys?

I can’t understand, does it works already or not????

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Sevoha.6724

Sevoha.6724

I submitted a bug report about this the other day but when I die/go into a downed state I either don’t get my stacks of precision f/ kills anymore or it takes a while after I start killing before they start registering again. It seems to have gotten better though. Most times I was forced to relog to fix this. What I have found is that once I hit a downed/killed state that if I wait a bit BEFORE I kill anything again all is fine. If I IMMEDIATELY start killing again then I don’t get my stacks of precision at all (relog) or for quite a while.

I have noticed this, though I have a feeling it has been fixed recently. If it does happen again the quick (out of combat) fix is to put your sigiled weapon into inventory (preferably slotting something from your inventory in its place) and then swap it back … that seems to resolve the issue immediately.

I found a solution even more simple than that. If you swap into a kit and then back out of it, and then you can resume stacking again.

in Engineer

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

goody, now we just need an eta. Now if a mod would sticky this so the nice people dont have to hunt for an answer to the kit stat/sigil issue anymore.

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Step two is to get the weapon stats to apply to kits as well. We felt sigils was the more important first step because it creates build diversity. Flamethrower with sigil of air? Yes please.

Imma let you finish, but I just wanna say that air sigil is probably not the most exciting sigil to put on the flamethrower. It’ll be pretty exciting with ft+chill or ft+more aoe blasts.

Air on grenades, on the other hand? Deploy your wicked laughter.

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

Step 3: Legendary Effects on kits!

Pink plasma flames from the flamethrower? Yes, please!

Why did I suddenly think of Valve’s “Meet the Pyro”? >_>;

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

One of the requests about engineers out right now is why can’t we have the ability to use maces or two handed hammers? It would be much easier to plan out our other skills if we had that one thing changed.

The toolkit is fun but It’s really limited.

Here’s an example, a mace/pistol combo, or a mace shield combo would work so much better then the kit because we’d be able to put something else in that kit’s slot. imo

It would pretty much solve a small portion of the kits and sigils thing honestly. (not everything but a small portion of it)

I’m actually running into that problem right now.

I’m using a modified support/tankcat (modified in that i use it for pvp and keep myself alive in orr) Right now it would do me so much more good to have something other then the toolkit equipped because stunning really doesn’t do much in Orr and you’re usually dealing with lots of different mobs at once. The problem I’m having is with the bomb kit problems. The toolkit doesn’t do much damage, the bomb kit has explosives size and range issues with the traits forceful explosion added, so it’s really not viable with these bugs. And grenades without being specced for damage are pretty much useless (you gotta throw even more then the 25-30 I throw when specced for them).
I dunno I just thought having anotehr Elixir B would be nice is all.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

Great news for engi’s! I can’t wait to see it put into practice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Good to hear, though I would say stats on kits is arguably as important, if not more, than swapping-sigils working.

in Engineer

Posted by: helosie.4781

helosie.4781

Step two is to get the weapon stats to apply to kits as well. We felt sigils was the more important first step because it creates build diversity. Flamethrower with sigil of fire? Yes please.

Fixed.

Iron-Bound [IB]
Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

Thanks very much for the answer, there is light on the end of tunnel. I hope I can get away from such conversations;

guildie: which sigil are you using
engineer: I don’t use weapon
guildie: WHY!
engineer: I am engineer
guildie: ah, sorry

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Nokrum.4691

Nokrum.4691

much love to you guys. good news

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Its about time, since BWE1 we complain about that.
But why are people talking about nerfs? kits already do horrible dmg and the missing stats is something we have only in PvE/WvW. This Problem is nonexistant in PvP where weapons have no stats.

And if they make weaponchange sigils available for elementalists its just fair for engis to get the same.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Step two is to get the weapon stats to apply to kits as well. We felt sigils was the more important first step because it creates build diversity. Flamethrower with sigil of air? Yes please.

KITTEN YEAH!

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

@Kontrolle.3514

Actually they still have stats, weapon attack stats, a very important one considering we lose a HUGE amount of it when switching to weapon kits, elementalists at least got some sort of special stats for their conjured weapons, I hope we’ll retain our stats either get some skill-related (scaling with level) one like they do.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

I can’t get what changed?!?!?!?

What everybody are about? Swap kits sigils no working. But when I’m in pvp using kit i see my PVE riffle in hands in “H” menu, will check the stats again today…

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: MikeT.9428

MikeT.9428

Nothing has changed yet. Read what the dev posted.

“We are working to make sigils work with kits. Our intention is to push this as soon as possible. Hope that helps.

Jon"

Jade Quarry
Never underestimate an engineer with a wrench
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: Herosandwich.6203

Herosandwich.6203

I really wouldn’t worry about them restricting the primary/offhand sigil use with kits. i mean honestly we’re one of two classes that misses out on weapon swapping sigils?

also. my other flamethrower shoots lightning. now if only there was a sigil that fired shurikens on crit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

sigil of strength + grenade kit. People are really never gonna leave grenade kit now if we get stats + sigil. I guess they could always fiddle with the weapon damage to keep it in line. Either way looking forward to that.

By “Fiddle with the damage” i really hope you mean buff all the other kits and weapons so that they are on the level of grenade kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

sigil of strength + grenade kit. People are really never gonna leave grenade kit now if we get stats + sigil. I guess they could always fiddle with the weapon damage to keep it in line. Either way looking forward to that.

By “Fiddle with the damage” i really hope you mean buff all the other kits and weapons so that they are on the level of grenade kit.

Too bad that ANet believes Grenades deserve more damage because of their projectile speed and ground-targeting. (How else do we explain why no more nerfs for hades / no solid damage buffs for other kits?)

I think the main problem is they can be thrown anywhere within their range.
Even conceptually, grenades aren’t something you throw near yourself. They should place a risk-factor to throw grenades within 500 distance of yourself, or put a minimum range.

That way, it would stop overshadowing Bomb and Flamethrower kit for melee-ranged damage. Instead, they would compliment each other.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Engineer

Posted by: ReanSean.7693

ReanSean.7693

make pistols and rifle more usable other than giving conditions bro designer.

we are the engineer. others will die and they’ll leave a dumb corpses.

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

Too bad that ANet believes Grenades deserve more damage because of their projectile speed and ground-targeting. (How else do we explain why no more nerfs for hades / no solid damage buffs for other kits?)

Even conceptually, grenades aren’t something you throw near yourself. They should place a risk-factor to throw grenades within 500 distance of yourself, or put a minimum range.

That way, it would stop overshadowing Bomb and Flamethrower kit for melee-ranged damage. Instead, they would compliment each other.

The only reason the Grenade kit overshadows the Flamethrower kit is because the flamethrower deals pitiful damage.

Grenades DONT need a nerf, every other aspect of the engineer needs a buff. Although this is starting to stray from the topic.

in Engineer

Posted by: Misery.9825

Misery.9825

Sorry but that’s not a very good idea. If we basically nuke ourselves for attacking melee (within melee range) with our grenades, it’s a death sentence to even go into battle. If a player runs two kits then he/she is susceptible to conditions (if no elixir C) or most melee (without elixir S). Moreover, if the player, for some ludicrous reason, decides to run full kits, there is absolutely no viable escape left. Grenades are fine as is; don’t touch them; people don’t play the class enough as is and less incentive such as nerfing grenades would destroy the class altogether and make it tremendously bad in groups.

I would like to know whether or not these posted changes to sigils/weapon stats are planned for the 14th if we could hear some information to perhaps give us hope to hold onto.

in Engineer

Posted by: ReanSean.7693

ReanSean.7693

oh dear god. let me level you guys who ever thinks a grenades are op. to make a grenade at higher damage. is. traits. 30 explosive. 15 firearms. and 25 tools.
in those traits there no what so ever a defensive traits. our health are not that much.
if you hit us we will die. i mean. 2-3 seconds will die in a blink. unless we use elixir S to run. and that is not very far either. and that in wvw. in PvE. we are not that good by ourself. if we convert our power to more defensive traits. or more balanced. grenades are really kitten. even a flamethrower with juggernaut will be more useful. compare it to other classes? arenanet make the battle system not all the same damage per second. if you sums it up it will almost the same. hundredblades big damage in 2 seconds. grenades a big damage in 6 seconds. elementalist constant damage always in i dunno couple of seconds. none of the classes is really that op anymore. you cant hit a grenadier cus they are to far? just get close. if you tried a engineer grenadier you know they cant hit you if you are moving to fast. they need to immobilze you to get a constant damage. if they are to far you cant get close cus they are at the cliff? why bother trying getting close unless you can pull them down. stop saying our kit are op. man if people keep saying that. all classes have an OP weapons. pets/frostbow/etc. ever fight an engineer underwater ? feels op aint it? wrong. if you keep moving they cant hit you as the same. a grenade in water will hit the last place you are in. its not homing. if you keep moving it will miss. you will got hit with 1 grenade at least. they make our edges is to make us different in someways not as the same. this is still an Mmo"rpg" no?

you just need to find a way to fight a grenadier. since im nice i will tell you one. reflect if you have one. a grenadier will stop hitting you no matter what. if you dont have a reflect find other ways, im nice but i am not your bestfriend.

we are the engineer. others will die and they’ll leave a dumb corpses.

(edited by ReanSean.7693)

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

The only reason the Grenade kit overshadows the Flamethrower kit is because the flamethrower deals pitiful damage.

Grenades DONT need a nerf, every other aspect of the engineer needs a buff. Although this is starting to stray from the topic.

Except that Flamethrower doesn’t deal pitiful damage. It’s 2-skill just has poor targeting and it’s built to be a closer-ranged front-line weapon.

The grenades overshadow them because they work as EITHER backline or frontline when their damage is solely scaled for long-ranged assaults.

You’re only comparing the direct damage numbers and not taking the conceptual designs into account.

While the FT and other kits may need a bit more damage:
What’s really needed is a few mechanical tune-ups and adjustment to grenades so they don’t monopolize viability.

Sorry but that’s not a very good idea. If we basically nuke ourselves for attacking melee (within melee range) with our grenades, it’s a death sentence to even go into battle. If a player runs two kits then he/she is susceptible to conditions (if no elixir C) or most melee (without elixir S). Moreover, if the player, for some ludicrous reason, decides to run full kits, there is absolutely no viable escape left. Grenades are fine as is; don’t touch them

Your claims are completely ignorant of Greande kits’ status among Engineers.

Nuking self? That’s the point, to stop grenades from being used in close range EVER.
- Your objection: Moot.
- AND you ignore my other suggestion – To limit the minimum range of grenades, so they can’t be used for melee without putting engineers at risk.

Susceptible to CC? There are PLENTY of Engineers who run multiple kits and have work-arounds to the lack of condition-removers from utilities.
- Your objection: Neglectful of other Engineers.

Grenades are not fine. Damage-wise, maybe. Mechanical, NO.
- ANet nerfed their projectile speed, but it didn’t change the fact that bomb and flamethrower kit are inferior to it when it comes to close-range damage.

- And they are not inferior because they’re below average. They are inferior because Grenades are scaled up to match standard weapons, despite also being a kit, because they have projectile travel-time, and yet are allowed to be used like a melee weapon.

Because of the above point, Grenades will always stand on top. Whether or not you use them does not stop that fact from looming over other players’ heads.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

- ANet nerfed their projectile speed, but it didn’t change the fact that bomb and flamethrower kit are inferior to it when it comes to close-range damage.

- And they are not inferior because they’re below average. They are inferior because Grenades are scaled up to match standard weapons, despite also being a kit, because they have projectile travel-time, and yet are allowed to be used like a melee weapon.

Because of the above point, Grenades will always stand on top. Whether or not you use them does not stop that fact from looming over other players’ heads.

I know you like your ft and wanna see it become a better weapon, but I disagree with some points. They are inferior for having below average damage, not because grenades are the best.
My first example:
Me with my exotic rifle at lvl80: 3103 attack (Hip shot dmg at 520 every 3/4 of a sec)
Switching to ft: 2,688 attack (1255 dmg total over 2.25 sec including burn)
So my rifle on auto attack does about the same damage (if not more) and I’m not even traited for it plus it has a way longer attack range.

My second example:
I was doing ac the other day and I looked over my hip shot damage which was around 500 something per shot while leveled down. I switched to ft to compare and it did 300 damage..over two seconds.

So my point is that ft needs a damage buff. Grenades should be up to standard weapons like they are right now (theyre fine), but so should ft.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

FT 1 is definitely bad damage. There’s just no real arguing that. Personally I think FT is a pretty bad kit overall. The Toolbelt skill has WAY too long a cooldown, 1 is low damage, 2 is super finicky and not really usable in close range combat.

in Engineer

Posted by: Misery.9825

Misery.9825

Except that Flamethrower doesn’t deal pitiful damage. It’s 2-skill just has poor targeting and it’s built to be a closer-ranged front-line weapon.

The grenades overshadow them because they work as EITHER backline or frontline when their damage is solely scaled for long-ranged assaults.

You’re only comparing the direct damage numbers and not taking the conceptual designs into account.

What’s really needed is a few mechanical tune-ups and adjustment to grenades so they don’t monopolize viability.

Sorry but that’s not a very good idea. If we basically nuke ourselves for attacking melee (within melee range) with our grenades, it’s a death sentence to even go into battle. If a player runs two kits then he/she is susceptible to conditions (if no elixir C) or most melee (without elixir S). Moreover, if the player, for some ludicrous reason, decides to run full kits, there is absolutely no viable escape left. Grenades are fine as is; don’t touch them

Nuking self? That’s the point, to stop grenades from being used in close range EVER.
- AND you ignore my other suggestion – To limit the minimum range of grenades, so they can’t be used for melee without putting engineers at risk.

Susceptible to CC? There are PLENTY of Engineers who run multiple kits and have work-arounds to the lack of condition-removers from utilities.

By that logic, let’s have all of our own AOEs do damage to us. Moreover, let’s have bomb kit not just heal us but do damage to us as well! Your suggestions are detrimental to the engineer class. Making oneself take damage from an attack such as grenades when thrown in closer range would do nothing but inhibit players from enjoying the class. If you’re talking about how illogical it is to throw grenades in melee range, I’d like to direct you to a ranger Barraging over himself and shooting arrows at himself. If you want grenade to have a drawback for being in close range, get ready for every aoe to do the very same thing as that is where your logic is headed.

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

Excuse me? NOT pitiful damage? I can deal 2.3k assuming i get 7-8 crits out of the 10 attacks.

In the time it takes to do that, i can drop 2-3 bombs and deal 3k damage. 3k. Just by dropping a few bombs here and there, and hell, bombs even HIT the enemy instead of missing when the enemy moves two feet to the left. Or i could shoot my rifle a few times and get 1.9k crits as opposed to 2.3k without having to wait 2+ seconds. The problem is: Too much time to do the damage with too little of a payoff, especially when the kit is completely based on mid-range damage.

Also, Smoke vent is kitten but thats another story.

And grenades dont need a nerf for the love of god. Really. Do we really want Engineers to start getting kicked because every other class will be able to contribute to the party more than an Engineer can?

in Engineer

KirinDave.6451

There is no doubt that the FT could use a damage amp, but it’s not bad damage compared to the pistol and rifle when used in the right way, and the 3,4,5 abilities are not bad (5 is not great, but not bad either). And the idea that it’s hard to hit with is ridiculous in comparison to the “here is where I am going to attack, please take your time moving out of the way” grenade kit.

The idea that it’s never useful compared to the GK is pretty ridiculous though. Juggernaut and Backpack Regenerator can fashion Guardian levels of toughness with fairly good AoE and trivial might stacking to help with the damage issues.

Grenades are great when you’re support DPS. They’re all but impossible to use well once you’re up close. One need only engage with a few D/D elementalists to see the weakness, even post-nov-patch.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

FT should just get more dmg on Nr 1 skill and ReDesign that kitten number 2 skill or let it just be blank skill

rest are fine though the nr 5 should act like smoke bomb? or might be to OP

in Engineer

Posted by: Acension.9270

Acension.9270

When abouts will this be happening? This is like on of my desires for engi

Trolls :)

in Engineer

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

FT 1 is definitely bad damage. There’s just no real arguing that. Personally I think FT is a pretty bad kit overall. The Toolbelt skill has WAY too long a cooldown, 1 is low damage, 2 is super finicky and not really usable in close range combat.

Truths. Between bad scaling, collision bugs, redundant utility, and an increased trait point requirement, I’m not sure how anyone could attempt to make an argument that FT is anything but below average.

That being said, FT is still my favorite kit, mechanically. It’s going to be the first thing that I’m going to try out once we get the sigil change. Hopefully, they can sneak in a fix to the collision bugs on the 14th as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

two handed weapons should have 2 sigils. now kit user engi only p/p p/s if want the maximum advantage. Great news for us to get sigils!! Been waiting since beta.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I generally use my FT on WvW and I tell you it’s very effective. I may only be doing around 2k~4k damage on lvl 80’s depending on their builds, but I’m hitting and tagging a lot. It sounds ridiculous but most people in WvW don’t really pay attention to the damage they get. They just dodge like hell as soon as something hits them continuously.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dreed.3714

Dreed.3714

for me egin is now underpower on PvE… less nades fly, no weapons stats when using kist, weapons dmg sux, no sigils on kits, no legends on kits, only one good dps build but even that engi has worst dps than warrior, necro, elem, mess, ranger…

Hope soon they do something with this atm i leave my engi and back to necro till glory engi day will back.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Hey guys, lets remember that he didnt say the sigils or weapon stats would be coming this patch or the next one. He said “as soon as possible”. Lets be patient here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shivenis.3761

Shivenis.3761

No waiting

“Weapon sigils now continue to function while holding a bundle (such as engineer kits).”

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I stand corrected. Good day for Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Can we expect the damage to be reduced again when this is implemented?

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in Engineer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Can we expect the damage to be reduced again when this is implemented?

Duhh….

what is this for question ofcourse we have to be nerfed again remember Engineer is not allowed to do any dmg cause we can switch to kits that dosnt have cooldown on switch :O

in Engineer

Posted by: Rakenclaw.3508

Rakenclaw.3508

Well it looks like Eng concerns will be dealt with. Hope soon comes quick!

in Engineer

KirinDave.6451

Well it looks like Eng concerns will be dealt with. Hope soon comes quick!

I think people are more upset with the new stated direction to the class than the actual nerf to the first grenade ability.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

I can only speak for myself but what concerns me is that what was stated in the last update notes doesn’t make sense. Adding in a sigil doesn’t make up for 30% nerf in grenade damage. I would love for someone to prove me wrong and post a youtube video of a new grenade build that mops the floor in wvw.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

This quote is still the light of hope I am waiting for. Of course most Kit user would use P/P or P/S to get the most stats out of it. Any news on when weapon stats (beside sigils) will apply on kits?

thanks

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

This quote is still the light of hope I am waiting for. Of course most Kit user would use P/P or P/S to get the most stats out of it. Any news on when weapon stats (beside sigils) will apply on kits?

thanks

This thread is 3 months old. They have for quite a while now.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

This thread is 3 months old. They have for quite a while now.

Sigils, yes. But I don’t recall weapon stats being applied to our kits as of yet.

I’d love to be proven wrong though, but I notice a mister Jon Peters making posts and promising stuff 4 months ago (and at least every Ranger knows how little those promises actually mean).

Last I heard was that our kits behaved more like a single level 80 rare pistol; even though my pistols are exotics and have a lot more power when combined (but still less overall effectiveness compared to other classes “because we have kits” b/s).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU