Healing Mist - Stun Breaker

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenon.7364

Zenon.7364

Might sound strange for an engi player, but I personally don’t like this change.

If the intention was to make EG more popular I’de rather like to have the Elixir F’s projectile speed and or the weakness duration on the autoattack increased so that one can stack a bit on the 2-3 shots you want to get out in between. Would have been perfectly fine for me. If there really should be a stun break on the EG it would, at least imho, fit better with Acid Bomb with an increased CD. Wouldn’t be that accessible but still more than good enough. On the toolbelt it seems a bit misplaced to me and I can already see it being removed again.

Overall I feel a bit pulled into a certain path and I usualy tend not to say yes and thx for that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Might sound strange for an engi player, but I personally don’t like this change.

If the intention was to make EG more popular I’de rather like to have the Elixir F’s projectile speed and or the weakness duration on the autoattack increased so that one can stack a bit on the 2-3 shots you want to get out in between. Would have been perfectly fine for me. If there really should be a stun break on the EG it would, at least imho, fit better with Acid Bomb with an increased CD. Wouldn’t be that accessible but still more than good enough. On the toolbelt it seems a bit misplaced to me and I can already see it being removed again.

Overall I feel a bit pulled into a certain path and I usualy tend not to say yes and thx for that.

Well I’m sorry if you feel “pulled into a certain path” by a genuinely useful ability. A stun-breaker is something you want to have accessible as quickly as possible, so the toolbelt is an ideal place for it—not on a skill that’ll be on cooldown because you used it as a blast finisher.

Besides, as it was, Healing Mist (and Throw Napalm) really needed to be brought up to par with some of the other kit tool belts. Grenade Barrage and Big Ol’ Bomb are often worth taking kits for even if you have no intention of using the kit! I shudder to think if they’d nerfed those instead…

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

If the intention was to make EG more popular I’de rather like to have the Elixir F’s projectile speed and or the weakness duration on the autoattack increased so that one can stack a bit on the 2-3 shots you want to get out in between.

Elixir Gun’s autoattack, tranquilizer dart, is fine as it is. It is bleed pressure and it actually allows you to keep infinite weakness on the target. Combine it with explosive traitline (condition duration), condition duration consumables and runes and you can easily swap to another weapon for couple of seconds and keep the weakness. It doesn’t work that well against champion bosses as the condition duration on them is halved. Also in WvWvW many players use Melandru rune set and Lemongrass poulty soup. That is a very effective (and overpowered) counter against condition builds:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Lemongrass_Poultry_Soup

I wonder when that food gets nerfed for WvWvW as it simply is too good.

Elixir F’s projectile speed is really slow and it misses more than half of the time. Plus the bounces happen rarely unless everybody is clamped really close. I would also like to see the projectile speed increased.

There is one change I would want to see in Elixir Gun, concerning underwater use. Currently super elixir (EG #5) travels the maximum distance (1200 if traited) unless it hits the floor. Thus it provides the healing and light field in such location where it is most likely wasted. Test it yourself: Super elixir + rifled barrel traits is really goofy and more or less useless underwater.

Suggested change: Super elixir should function underwater so that it creates the effect around the user. This way it could also be comboed e.g. EG #5, followed by EG #4 for short area retaliation. This would be in line with “too elixir” skills as they function this way underwater already.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Engineer

Zenon.7364

Well I’m sorry if you feel “pulled into a certain path” by a genuinely useful ability. A stun-breaker is something you want to have accessible as quickly as possible, so the toolbelt is an ideal place for it—not on a skill that’ll be on cooldown because you used it as a blast finisher.

If we would lack access to stun breaks outside the kit I would agree.
I also consider Acid Bomb to be an escape skill that comes with a blast finisher instead of the other way around. But that might as well be personal preference. And even if the CD would be increased by 5-10 sec it would still be enough for me.

Besides, as it was, Healing Mist (and Throw Napalm) really needed to be brought up to par with some of the other kit tool belts.

Sure, y no condi removal instead? Would also go with the theme.

Elixir Gun’s autoattack, tranquilizer dart, is fine as it is. It is bleed pressure and it actually allows you to keep infinite weakness on the target. Combine it with explosive traitline (condition duration), condition duration consumables and runes and you can easily swap to another weapon for couple of seconds and keep the weakness. It doesn’t work that well against champion bosses as the condition duration on them is halved. Also in WvWvW many players use Melandru rune set and Lemongrass poulty soup. That is a very effective (and overpowered) counter against condition builds:

If you stay in the kit most of the time which I don’t do. I also rarely specc for overall condi duration, might give it a try now though. The bleed sure is fine.

Don’t play PvE or WvW with my engi so can’t say anything about that.

in Engineer

Deniara Devious.3948

If you stay in the kit most of the time which I don’t do. I also rarely specc for overall condi duration, might give it a try now though. The bleed sure is fine.

Don’t play PvE or WvW with my engi so can’t say anything about that.

Almost all engineers hugely benefit from condition duration. In pvp you use can try 2xLyssa runes + 30 points to explosive lines, for a total of +40% condition duration, which is enough to stack weakness with EG #1.

I swap between lots of different kits all the time. In fact I am currently using 4 kits underwater and it works really well for me. The only sad point is that engineer’s harpoon gun is so weak. Its projectile speed is so slow it is very easy to dodge or just swim away from harpoon gun #1, #2 and #4. Net wall misses more often than hits. The harpoon gun #1 attack rate is dreadfully slow, by far slower than other professions have. So engineer is forced to use kits underwater to be effective. Harpoon gun #3 is the only good skill as it is a 1200 (traited) range pull, which can be used as an interrupt. Time it well and you win that underwater battle.

I know that most people couldn’t care less about underwater combat, but surely that part of the game could see some love. Currently engineers are doing well (if properly traited, without traits or the right kits we are total kitten underwater). Rangers are the best underwater 1vs1 profession, but engineers come 2nd.

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Engineer

Weirwynn.2390

Besides, as it was, Healing Mist (and Throw Napalm) really needed to be brought up to par with some of the other kit tool belts.

Sure, y no condi removal instead? Would also go with the theme.

The elixir gun already has condition removal on super elixir, and stunbreak is basically a higher tier of condition removal, removing effects that everyday condition removal can’t (ie. stun.) I don’t see how that’s in any way non-thematic.

in Engineer

Zenon.7364

Almost all engineers hugely benefit from condition duration. In pvp you use can try 2xLyssa runes + 30 points to explosive lines, for a total of +40% condition duration, which is enough to stack weakness with EG #1.

I swap between lots of different kits all the time.

I’m also often using more than one kit myself.

The reason why I favor condition damage over (general) condi duration at the moment is that we can apply many different conditions and with all damaging conditions I would like to aim for >.88 of the next second. Which can be difficult. So I either concentrate on one condition or go for damage increase.

I sure gonna rethink this.

The reason I suggested a weakness duration increase is not so much that it cannot be stacked at all, just that it would be more convinient with a slight increase.

Btw, I have the uttmost respect for you that you dare going into the water with your engi. I wouldn’t. ^^

edit: Corrected the statement about condi duration rounding.

(edited by Zenon.7364)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Mmmm. I disagree.

I prefer the stunbreaker be a toolbelt skill for one reason: Inertial Converter.

Now 15+ Tools is viable, and a welcome alternative to elixir-spec lording over everything.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Zenon.7364

Mmmm. I disagree.

I prefer the stunbreaker be a toolbelt skill for one reason: Inertial Converter.

Now 15+ Tools is viable, and a welcome alternative to elixir-spec lording over everything.

I understand. I’m not saying it’s not good, I just don’t like it or see any special reason except 3 kit builds having a stun break at their immidiate disposal.

Though I think Inertial Converter was useful before already, not only on SD builds. I also used it sometimes with my standard Grenadier build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Right, but my point is that having it on Healing Mist versus Acid Bomb means that you have a second stunbreaker when you hit 25% HP.

Obviously Acid Bomb has a much shorter cooldown, but I’d argue a 15 second stunbreaker would be a little too strong given how tanky Engineers can make themselves, especially in light of the Stabilized Armor buff.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

This is intentional. Looks like some of the added stun breakers got lost from patch notes. I’ll take a look at which other ones and post something on it tomorrow at the latest.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

This is intentional. Looks like some of the added stun breakers got lost from patch notes. I’ll take a look at which other ones and post something on it tomorrow at the latest.

That is such a big relief

in Engineer

Posted by: Uttar.2341

Uttar.2341

THANK YOU! <3

(next on the list, move kit refinement to master or grandmaster and actually make it useful again? )

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

“Some” of the added stun breaks?

There are other undocumented ones? omg.

Best Patch Ever.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

You are officially my new favorite person!

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Engineer

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

“Some” of the added stun breaks?

There are other undocumented ones? omg.

Best Patch Ever.

I believe on the Ele’s side there is also an undocumented stun breaker on Arcane Shield, so yeah there are others

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Engineer

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

Did I had to qq for the engis to get some love?
This was starting to be a boring class to play with I must to say
Some freshness
Indeed Best time to be FY/EG
A late +1 but with <3
+1 Anet

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Not sure if this is new or not but toolkit underwater Thwack (3rd hit) has an evade on it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Menchi.9217

Menchi.9217

If the intention was to make EG more popular I’de rather like to have the Elixir F’s projectile speed and or the weakness duration on the autoattack increased so that one can stack a bit on the 2-3 shots you want to get out in between.

Elixir F’s projectile speed is really slow and it misses more than half of the time. Plus the bounces happen rarely unless everybody is clamped really close. I would also like to see the projectile speed increased.

There is one change I would want to see in Elixir Gun, concerning underwater use. Currently super elixir (EG #5) travels the maximum distance (1200 if traited) unless it hits the floor. Thus it provides the healing and light field in such location where it is most likely wasted. Test it yourself: Super elixir + rifled barrel traits is really goofy and more or less useless underwater.

Suggested change: Super elixir should function underwater so that it creates the effect around the user. This way it could also be comboed e.g. EG #5, followed by EG #4 for short area retaliation. This would be in line with “too elixir” skills as they function this way underwater already.

Just a quick tip for underwater with EG: You can detonate the #5 orb when underwater by pressing the skill again. A quick double-tap fixes any issues of the field not being around you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Just a quick tip for underwater with EG: You can detonate the #5 orb when underwater by pressing the skill again. A quick double-tap fixes any issues of the field not being around you.

Exploding at the player should be the default behavior imo.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Weirwynn.2390

…how would you suggest that work? You can’t just… put the elixir back in a bottle to make it a projectile on the second keypress.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

…how would you suggest that work? You can’t just… put the elixir back in a bottle to make it a projectile on the second keypress.

I don’t want it to be a projectile.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Deniara Devious.3948

I don’t want it to be a projectile.

It is very useful that EG’s super elixir is a projectile above ground as you can also use it as long range heal for your buddies, but underwater not so useful.

in Engineer

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

Elixer Gun was awesome waaayyy before they added the stun breaker.

Dropping a 10s 320hp/sec heal thats a light combo field and combining that with a 300/sec 10s healing mist as well as also having the ability to cause vulnerability/cleanse conditions, bleeds, weakness and a jump back skill makes it one of the most useful kits for any support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

FT/EG build got buffed so hardcore this patch.

What would that build look like. (Non engineer, trying to find a friend a new build) thank you for any and all help.