High Survival Regen Build (PvE & Dungeon)

in Engineer

Posted by: heatzz.2671

heatzz.2671

Hi guys I would like to share a different build with you guys.

Lets talk about Healing Power and how it scales with Heals & Regeneration Boon.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Here’s a data i took myself in Mist, with 1388 Healing Power, achievable in PvE?
Doubt so since in PvE Healing Power on our Weapons does not count to our Kits, so any Healing done from our kits will be lowered.

With 1388 Healing Power:
Regenerating Boon : 304 hp/s (Healing Mist)
Super elixir : Impact Heal- 658, Pulse Heal- 279 hp/s (Kit Refinement)
Bomb-Infused Elixir Heal : 285 hp/Bomb Explosion
Backpack Generator : 125 hp/s (Whenever a Kit is equipped)
Med Kit : Bandage Self – 6308K Heal, Drop Bandages Heal – 1.694K.
*Gear Choice:
Power/Toughness/Healing Power which will be Cleric gears.

Cleric gears are 1 if not the most cheapest between the rest of the stats combinations & you do not need to spent too much golds on your Weapons (meaning Masterwork will do) since they do not benefit your Kits.
Weapon Choice:
Rifle – Since this build has lots of raw power too, Rifle is the optimal choice for exploring in the world of Tyria, soloing in Orr OR Karma Farming since this has 2 AoE skill with big damage.
A combo would be dropping a Fire Bomb then use Jump Shot in it for a Fire Shield.

Pistol/Shield – This combination can be used in specify mission of the Dungeons where you need aggro while Kiting mobs while your mates DPS them.
Use Magnetic/Static Shield only when all your important Healing/Regen skills are in CD as these skills has a long CD even if it’s -20%.
--———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Healing Skills:
Med Kit – Your only choice, with short CD and you could drop 3 bandages, remove conditions & swiftness it’s the best Healing skill & ensures your survival.
Utilities Skills:
Elixir Gun – Because of “Kit Refinement” you could drop x2 Super Elixir when you find your Hp drops to around 40-50%. Super Elixir also removes 1 condition upon trigger while your are in the field which also means you have x2 Condition Remover.

Bomb Kit – Your main weapon with decent damage because of high Power, as well as heals you by a small value when it explode, especially useful when you are kiting mobs in circle while dropping bombs.

Smoke & Glue Bomb can be useful for delaying mobs if you predict that you aren’t gonna survive the onslaught.

Last Utility slot can be any of your choice but I will write some which I think it’s more useful to this build.

Elixir C- Condition Convertor, can be very useful when you got too 3 conditions on you, as Mobs in Orr deals Condition damage, while you are aggro with multiple mobs of different type this can be useful.

Tool Kit – Additional Block skill for used in Dungeons when kiting mobs.

Elixir S – Invulnerable for 3s, also can be used for kiting mobs in Dungeons or sneak into areas for obtaining PoI in WvW.

Elixir R – Your AoE reviving skill when you use the Toss Elixir R, mostly use in Dungeons.
Elite Skills:
Supply Crate – It drops Bandages so if you are in danger, use it to recover HP even more with the trait Elite Supplies as it drops more Bandages, it also drops Healing Turret which gives you regens.
Traits:
Explosives:
(III) – Bigger radius on Bombs which in turns deal more constant damage to groups of mobs and bigger area for explosion heal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inventions:
(I) or (V) – (I) Useful in Dungeons as you mobs deal more damage, not too sure of mobs crits on you for PvE. (V) Additional Power stats.

(IX) or (VII) – (IX) normal PvE usage giving dropping more bandages. (VII) used whenever you need a Shield.

(XI) – Bombs explosions heals.
Alchemy:
(VI) – When you got interrupt (Fear, Daze, Knockback more often in Orr & Dungeons) you will be taking hits for free, this gives you reduce in damage taken while being interrupt.

(IX) – Regens you every second.
Tools:
(IV) – This is for Elixir Gun for x2 Super Elixir.

in Engineer

heatzz.2671

Personal Experience:
My Gear:
Lv.80 Exotic Cleric Armors with Sapphire Orb as the upgrade component.
Lv.80 Exotic Sapphire Amulet.
Lv.80 Rare Rings & Earring.
Lv.80 Masterwork Back accessory.

When equip/swap to Kits, I have 17k Hp, 1193k Healing Power, 1848 Power, 1837 Toughness.

Could tank lots of mobs, veterans in Orr well, I could safely run into a group of more than 5 mobs and get away or kill them.

As for now I could almost solo quite a number of the DE in SoD when Karma Farming.

If you are in a fight with a Champions especially when only a small group is fighting it, you could survive pretty long but you definitely can’t do enough damage thus & ending up dead if you solo it.

Some Champions are solo-able just that you will take tons of time to kill it.
So far i could solo 1 of the Champion Acolytes in SoD & Champion Pirate in Cursed Shored, is up to you guys to believe it but definitely not worth your time to solo a Champion.

Dungeons wise you can be a Tank that right, even without Aegis (Guardians/Mesmer) you could still do it as you see you have alot of blocking or evasion skills, could support mates in melee range with your heals as it affects them as well.

I Could held up my group in CoF exp mode path 2, kiting without death as well as finishing the mission.
In CoF path 3 on the mission where you need to destroy the 5 waves of Flame Regions I could survive till the last 2nd wave.

Still I’m inexperience in Dungeon as I have only done so little dungeons, will be updating more when I visit more of the different dungeons in explorable mode.

WvW wise I have little to no experience, my best experience is tanking 5 veterans npc & 2 real players. Took a very long fight against Mesmer but still got defeated.

Any comments are welcome, this is for you guys who want a different build other than the standard DPS grenade builds….

in Engineer

Posted by: achmed.6542

achmed.6542

kinda had the same build except i havnt had a single point in alchemy.
accidently soloed a champion with it and it worked quit well. took me ages to kill him ofc
im using the healing turret. feels more flexible and gives you an addition regen, so i dont have to specc into alchemy to far.

btw, super elexir removes 1 condition on impact, but everytime you shoot through it, it removes another one. while elexir C might be nice here, id rather take something else.

(edited by achmed.6542)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Note: Backpack regenerator and healing turrets regen does not scale with anything.

I’d keep that in mind if you think of taking either.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

heatzz.2671

healing Turret, overcharge is 60s long, too long for my liking & Med Kit gives more heals as you can drop 3 bandages.

in Engineer

Posted by: CashewAttorney.2740

CashewAttorney.2740

I’ve been thinking about doing something like this. I’ll give this build a try tonight

Memnarch – 80 Engineer [100% Map]
Syndicate Of The Steel Wind (SSW)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I’ve been running something very similar to this. Mine is more of a grenade/healing combo.
These are the differences:

Healing Turret: (I rarely leave it deployed. I either pick it up right away for the 15 sec CD or detonate it after .5 seconds for the AOE heal combo and 20 sec CD)

I only put 10 points into invention (for the toughness to power trait).

I use Self-Regulating Defenses, it allows me to be a little more aggressive, and still heal myself back to full if I over commit.

I put 30 points into explosives (for grenadier). I use grenade kit as my main weapon. With this, I do ok damage. It is certainly not a DPS build, but I don’t have trouble killing stuff.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#14|0|3187|4700|253|4053|4065|30|1795|1417|1885|0|0|0|0|10|988|0|0|20|1478|1479|0|10|1883|0|0|0|0|4|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Engineer

Posted by: achmed.6542

achmed.6542

well i wouldnt call it similar since you are missing “elixir infused bombs” and all the toughness/+healing. looks more like a typical power build.
no offense but i doubt you can survive a champion fight without moving with your build

in Engineer

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

well i wouldnt call it similar since you are missing “elixir infused bombs” and all the toughness/+healing. looks more like a typical power build.
no offense but i doubt you can survive a champion fight without moving with your build

Fair Enough.

Perhaps I didn’t make it clear that I intended my changes to sacrifice some survivability for damage. However, since I’m still running with full cleric gear, I’m definitely not a “power build.” My intention was to go hybrid. I guess I called it similar because you only have to change 20 trait points and 1 or 2 skills.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Engineer

Posted by: MarioMetroid.6953

MarioMetroid.6953

I used a very similar build once I unlocked tier III traits. It offers some great utility – you can swap the backpack regen for cleansing elixirs (would swap out for this in group play), get permaswiftness from the tools trait as you explore the map, then swap back to the elixir trait for tough fights or group play.

And I, like you had no WvW experience. In WvW, it mostly effective vs. PvE content, melee PvP (notably leap strike spamming thieves, need to time your blocks for warriors, but you can take a lot of punishment from them. Huge disadvantage vs. ranged, however), finishing downed opponents (dropping a smoke bomb then execute, or just keep dropping bombs on them), and when your team besieges a tower/keep gate to keep the melee healed up (which shouldn’t be happening anyway, as predominantly siege weaponry should be used). It works far better against other players if you have teammates to help keep the enemy locked down so they are forced to eat your bombs.

Dell Conager
Reliable Excavation Demolition [RED]
Human Engineer of Anvil Rock

in Engineer

Posted by: FROGJON.3094

FROGJON.3094

in Engineer

heatzz.2671

Perma Swiftness is pretty much a must in WvW, then switch it back once you need take over a keep/tower/etc. Also very useful in PvE content since Karma farming most of the time you will not be alone, just makes traveling from point A to B karma farm more efficient.

As for Dungeons, you could use Med kit 5 then Rifle’s Jumpshot with Elixir Gun’s Acid attack (face backwards) for traveling as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: JokerAdrian.4693

JokerAdrian.4693

I just tried this build on my engineer and i think is the best who fit me….note to mention i played grenadier and ft but this really fit me

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

I just tried this build on my engineer and i think is the best who fit me….note to mention i played grenadier and ft but this really fit me

FYI, the Tools IV trait, Kit Refinement, has been drastically nerfed since that build was posted and now longer gives any healing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Behmen.4360

Behmen.4360

I use something somewhat similar but I went 25/0/30/15/0 for dungeons/PVE content

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0p6ZX3SfF17IRoHFWwqV8B9/lhcTLA;TkAgzCtouxcj4G7Nubk3MaA

http://youtu.be/JWjsArR10w0

(Copy and paste link. It works.)

It’s rough taking KR when Multi-kitting and Speedy Kits is great for world completion and WvW, but other than that I do not see a reason to put points in Tools with this kind of set-up. Instead I chose to provide a ton of Vulnerability and reduce the recharge on my bombs. When I get rooted and pummeled it’s quite nice to automatically drop bombs and then chug an Elixir S for a quick getaway. I almost never go down and my power is a bit over 3k which isn’t toooo shabby. Pistol/Shield would provide more personal mitigation, but I don’t find that overly necessary as I can usually take the hit and heal through if need be.

Tehke – 80 Asura Engineer | Orranian – 80 Sylvari Thief | Tannien – 80 Mesmer
KAINENG

(edited by Behmen.4360)