I love you again ANET! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT

in Engineer

Posted by: Smokin Dice.9103

Smokin Dice.9103

Engineer

- Flamethrower getting a dmg increase on the autoattack.

This is why I actually love the devs of this game..
sometimes it feels like they are not listinig to us, and then they come up with just a minor change like this for the upcoming patch and it instantly feels rewarding again to play this game.
I was begging for this change for years as flamethrower is by FAR my favorite weapon in the whole game and now with this and the elite spec scrapper I AM.. truly.. BECOMING THE JUGGERNAUT! >:D
and maybe wont get kicked for using the flamethrower….

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

It would be nice if the FT aa slows your movement speed but has bomb #1 like dps. Like those pesky flame legion FT guys x.x

Hehe but even tough – I like to hear that. I love the FT and I think the aa is pretty useless right now, especially for that nice animation :< But on the other hand as an engineer – every aa needs to be “bad”.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

This might bring it back to pre-spec-patch when we had Alchemical Mixtures (15% flamethrower dmg).

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Cross fingers for 50% buff.

in Engineer

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

With the upcoming Mass Momentum scrapper trait this will be a even greater boost. That said i only ever see it effective in pve/pvp maily for one reason……….retaliation……..
10 hits on one target hurts, hitting 3+ hurts even more. Reducing the number of hits from 10 to 5 while keeping the damage would remedy this issue for wvw engies and give us more frontline options, but eh. Probably won’t happen, still the AA buff is a welcome change!

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

It would be nice if the FT aa slows your movement speed but has bomb #1 like dps. Like those pesky flame legion FT guys x.x

Hehe but even tough – I like to hear that. I love the FT and I think the aa is pretty useless right now, especially for that nice animation :< But on the other hand as an engineer – every aa needs to be “bad”.

Now i want that stuff. Like, badly.

Also “Every AA needs to be bad, unless u nades” FTFY

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I honestly would enjoy seeing the FT AA becoming stronger than the ‘nade AA so that it’s worthwhile to camp FT for a bit in a PvE DPS rotation when other big abilities are on CD. It’s a great animation and it’s a shame that there’s so little incentive to ever use it right now, even though I don’t want to ever see it as something that’s so strong that it just encourage 100% AA camping.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They dont give numbers to us, so it would not be much increase, 5-10% i think.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

im expecting arround 20%

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Awesome now even more people will be camping on the auto attack. How about making the smoke vent a proper stun break?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

You get perma stability in Ft not really a need for a stunbreak.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Also “Every AA needs to be bad, unless u nades” FTFY

Nade aa is damage whise terrible – bombs deal 25% more, we just use them because of the vuln stacks and for FT #2.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I was waiting for this, as well as for the increase on speed for all the FT attacks (Yes, retaliation, I know… but when you are a FT lover, you know when to drop the kit and use the weapon). Very welcome and needed change.

Thank you deeply, devs, for finally bringing this back.

BTW Scrapper FT will be amazing!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

“we nerf chaos armor and give it an internal cd cuz it was op on multi hits”
“nah – retaliation is fine”

- ANet

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Are they making being able to use bomb kit any more competitive? Where’s the source so I can check if my bombs will get some love.

in Engineer

Are.1326

Are they making being able to use bomb kit any more competitive? Where’s the source so I can check if my bombs will get some love.

The source was the livestream, we only got some preview changes. Most of them bug fixes, none of them about bomb.

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Auto-attack comparision (no traits, soldier amulet):
Nades: 3x 331 dmg (1/2 sek casting time) =~1000dmg + perm 15 stacks of vulnerability
Flame-Thrower: 2000dmg (when enemy has burning) + 2 sek o burning
Bomb: 1200dmg + perm 5 stacks of vulnerability

Durring 20 second test:
- Flamethrower – 8 attack chains = 16k damage
- Throw Granage – 20 attacks = 20k damage
- Bomb – 24 attacks =28,8k damage

Players are using Throw Granade instead of bombs becouse you inflict much more vulnerability and more random bleed from multiple critical strikes.

To have same damage as Granade Auto attack, Flame Jet damage needs to increased by +25%.
To keep up with bombs – +60%

Of course my calculations are wrong becouse I don’t use here scalling numbers (which makes difference at 25 might party), but just random thought.

Anyway if you use Flame Jet you will take HUGE damage from retaliation:
- Versus single enemy with retaliation 10×250 dmg =2,500 Damage taken per Flame Jet
- If you menage to hit maximum amount of targets (5) with retaliation (typical WvW scenario) =50 × 250=12,500 damage taken per FlameJet.

10% or 20% damage changes won’t change a lot :P

Trust me. I’m engineer

in Engineer

Are.1326

Nades: 3x 331 dmg (1/2 sek casting time) =~1000dmg + perm 15 stacks of vulnerability

Not to be picky, but you first say “no traits” and then add in the effect from a trait (vulnerability)…

Anyway details aside, the spec patch really hit the flamethrower dps hard. Not only did it remove the 15% dmg buff from an alchemy trait, but they also reduced the vuln on crit traits durration, so we can’t stack up as much vuln from flamethrower AA.

Also if flamethrower AA chain is 2.25 sec and hits 10 times (max 3 targets) and grenades hit 3 times every 1/2 sec (max 5 targets). Grenade hits more and are more vulnerable to retaliation. Ofcourse grenade attack rate isn’t as low as 1/2 sec…

in Engineer

Posted by: JabLock.8490

JabLock.8490

I hope they do this right….

I’d like to see more damage on AA and the ability to reliably apply conditions, especially burn, cause you know… its a flame thrower and all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Well, as long as Incendiary Powder and Juggernaut are mutually exclusive they can seriously keep their kludge.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Durring 20 second test:
- Flamethrower – 8 attack chains = 16k damage
- Throw Granage – 20 attacks = 20k damage
- Bomb – 24 attacks =28,8k damage

Players are using Throw Granade instead of bombs becouse you inflict much more vulnerability and more random bleed from multiple critical strikes.

To have same damage as Granade Auto attack, Flame Jet damage needs to increased by +25%.
To keep up with bombs – +60%

Of course my calculations are wrong becouse I don’t use here scalling numbers (which makes difference at 25 might party), but just random thought.

Anyway if you use Flame Jet you will take HUGE damage from retaliation:
- Versus single enemy with retaliation 10×250 dmg =2,500 Damage taken per Flame Jet
- If you menage to hit maximum amount of targets (5) with retaliation (typical WvW scenario) =50 × 250=12,500 damage taken per FlameJet.

10% or 20% damage changes won’t change a lot :P

patch notes says its been increased by 11%….

in Engineer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

From patch notes

Flamethrower Kit: Increased Flame Jet damage by 11%.

Well, it is better than nothing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hmm…at 11%, it sounds like this won’t really change anything after all. For a bit there, I thought I’d actually have a reason to cast the AA.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bogus.1598

Bogus.1598

A bit offtopic, but i kinda like the buffs they gave to the flamethrower, more damage is always good.

The best thing is they made my burst SD pvp build even stronger, cant wait to try it out.
You can pm ingame to check the build out cause im afraid if i post it here the nerf hammer will strike the build hard since its so strong (if u are not focussed down)
Sooo Anet Thank you!

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I was hoping the damage buff would at least be 15% which would have been the old Deadly Mixture trait rolled in baseline. As others have said, 11% is better than nothing.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I find that flame jet is great when you need lots of attacks really quickly (grawl shaman fractal) and with good precision, you can trigger sharpshooter and heavy armor exploit almost constantly, since neither one has an ICD.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Still not even up to what you could it traited to previously…

It wasn’t great then, it certainly isn’t great now that it’s still doing less damage.

I don’t understand why the FLAMETHROWER is among the worst damage. It’s a flamethrower. It throws flames.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

11%. Wow. Anet, isn’t that a little excessive? ^^

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

11%. Wow. Anet, isn’t that a little excessive? ^^

shhh! Else they nerf it by 28% without any reason given!

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It wasn’t great then, it certainly isn’t great now that it’s still doing less damage.

I don’t understand why the FLAMETHROWER is among the worst damage. It’s a flamethrower. It throws flames.

I can tell you why … because it’s a crit proc machine that stacks might (from itself AND other sources) to ridiculous levels, makes you semi-immune to blinds and CC and traited properly, gives you silly amounts of boons sitting you at around 30-40% damage reduction. I actually can’t believe they gave FT MORE damage based on what I’ve been able to do with it.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vUAQNArdSlsApWo97wVI8DRhkpQkQQ7DAU9h4BTBG5RA-zwCBYfERjEBgUBBK1UgN7MZJqQdAFRjVNLQqkYKXJV7COAACATciTciTcilC4ilRA-e

Right now, my biggest problems are:

1. Trying to decide how to balance my offensive stats because I have it all
3. People in vicinity giving me buffs I don’t need because it exceeds my limits for crit and might stacks.

Those are problems that EVERYONE wants to have. People complaining about FT … just aren’t doing it right.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I’m actually all for this idea and it makes sense. If you got locked into walking speed while channeling flamethrower 1, it be a bit more realistic. You don’t think of it much because the game doesn’t have friendly fire and you can run through your own flames just fine, but normally you would NOT be running forward while operating a flamethrower because you’d run into your own back-draft and burn yourself.

A more powerful flamethrower that hinders your mobility a bit would be a little tidbit that makes the kit feel just a bit more different than the others.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

I’m actually all for this idea and it makes sense. If you got locked into walking speed while channeling flamethrower 1, it be a bit more realistic. You don’t think of it much because the game doesn’t have friendly fire and you can run through your own flames just fine, but normally you would NOT be running forward while operating a flamethrower because you’d run into your own back-draft and burn yourself.

A more powerful flamethrower that hinders your mobility a bit would be a little tidbit that makes the kit feel just a bit more different than the others.

Well …. if you guys talking about that kind of idea , THEN i want a onehanded flamethrower , which throw flames as fast as that igniter flamethrower does + 1 k dmg without crit per hit with 2 stack burning per hit , while one aa would hit the target 10 -15 times in a row … THAT’S A REAL FLAMETHROWER ! In my opinion

Also I know Flamethrower got just 11 % more damage , but that’s doesnt change anything at all and im not dissapointed aswell , because i love flamethrower sometimes , instead of playing around with nades.Sometimes it’s good to use your flamethrower and melting faces from modremoth minions with a friendly smile

Even for this IDEA to develope a flamethrower as a ingame weapon is an awesome idea ! Seriously ! Thanks , irenio for his engineer idea’s so far , even , if some stuff doesn’t fits to our mindset sometimes.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I can tell you why … because it’s a crit proc machine that stacks might (from itself AND other sources) to ridiculous levels, makes you semi-immune to blinds and CC and traited properly, gives you silly amounts of boons sitting you at around 30-40% damage reduction. I actually can’t believe they gave FT MORE damage based on what I’ve been able to do with it.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vUAQNArdSlsApWo97wVI8DRhkpQkQQ7DAU9h4BTBG5RA-zwCBYfERjEBgUBBK1UgN7MZJqQdAFRjVNLQqkYKXJV7COAACATciTciTcilC4ilRA-e

3. People in vicinity giving me buffs I don’t need because it exceeds my limits for crit and might stacks.

Those are problems that EVERYONE wants to have. People complaining about FT … just aren’t doing it right.

You’re right, it gives you a lot of cool stuff. And yet it still puts out low damage despite all that it has going for it. 25 might stacks, perma fury, these are all awesome things. The problem is they still don’t make FT that good. It’s a utility kit at best. A good utility kit, but utility nonetheless. Camping FT is just not good (and frankly never really has been) despite Anet’s efforts to give us traits like Juggernaut that practically tell you to camp it.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Obtena.7952

I think it’s situational … I don’t mind have ‘not the highest damage’ for the ability to facetank a champ. I would be really interested in seeing how it’s damage compares to whatever meta of the week happens to be.

Besides … we have indications HoT isn’t just going to be running zerker in PVE like vanilla and is FT damage really that bad if you spec properly? The real strength of FT is that you can do a lot of things with it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

A real flametrower? No boy, THAT’S a real Flametrower.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Alright well I have to admit you got me because I didn’t click on the link until now. It’s not even a burn build though so I’m not sure if this was an intentional troll or accidental, haha.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You realise that link is to a guardian build?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Kinda like the buffs to ele scepter. Some % of close to nothing is still close to nothing.

in Engineer

kubetz.3058

Kinda like the buffs to ele scepter. Some % of close to nothing is still close to nothing.

Those changes may be close to nothing, but they are not nothing. Adding many close-to-nothings can bring you pretty far, so let’s hope that the future is bright.

I guess they are buffing it carefully so they won’t get into the position when they realize that when traited for it it gets more powerful than they anticipated and then they will have to nerf it which makes them look like they have no idea what are they doing.

Yep, I am an optimist .

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

0*5864426545545565=0

Doesn’t matter how many time u do that

in Engineer

kubetz.3058

0*5864426545545565=0

Doesn’t matter how many time u do that

The thing is that it was buffed by more than 0% and also it is an exponentiation and not a multiplication, which is even better.

For example: if they buff the damage by 11% 4 times, you will get 51.8% overall damage buff.

And now imagine if they buffed it 5864426545545565 times.

(edited by kubetz.3058)

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

The joke was the power is so low it won’t matter how % they’ll buff it, cuse the flametrower has another big problem: Channelling, which makes u vulnerable AF.

in Engineer

Obtena.7952

You realise that link is to a guardian build?

No I didn’t >< … not sure what happened there. This should work.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAq6EFYxyrgtWscXUgLYEGAhTYAlZiF0PEiA-ThQFgAAvAAy9HEFwXB-e

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

Its nice and all, but painful if you hit alot of people with Retaliation on.

in Engineer

Obtena.7952

It’s got to have some drawback to it and besides … you can swap out to pistols. There is no substitution to playing smart.

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

It’s got to have some drawback to it and besides … you can swap out to pistols. There is no substitution to playing smart.

It has too much downside: Reta hitting like a truck, channel cast skill are generaly good only to proc, relative low damage, needs to be camped to have use of the trait, 1 of the most useless fire field shape on high cd,…

Yeah well, the problem of FT isn’t in the end the damage, but more about the pratical use of it: sometimes I use it cuse I wanna go full brainless, otherwise it’s just plain useless…

in Engineer

Obtena.7952

Well, I won’t argue if you don’t like it but plain useless? That’s just sensational. It’s not useless to trade a some damage for all the buffs you can get from it … and those buffs are arguably not useless either; they enhance your damage AND reduce damage you take significantly when traited properly. The damage issue is smoke and mirrors IMO … do we have numbers showing how ‘relatively low’ it is compared to whatever? It’s not top but it’s far from bottom either.

Mind you, you’re right about it being a less thought-provoking build … IF that’s how you decide to play it. Engi allows you to break out of a boring weapon, but it’s up to the player to exercise all their options to do that. Not every profession does that.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Well, I won’t argue if you don’t like it but plain useless? That’s just sensational. It’s not useless to trade a some damage for all the buffs you can get from it … and those buffs are arguably not useless either; they enhance your damage AND reduce damage you take significantly when traited properly. The damage issue is smoke and mirrors IMO … *do we have numbers showing how ‘relatively low’ it is compared to whatever? It’s not top but it’s far from bottom either. *

He may have been sensational but he’s not really wrong (except about the fire field, that’s by far the best part of FT). It doesn’t matter that FT gives you a ton of Might because even with that Might it’s objectively worse than other options.

As to the part I have bolded, yes we do and yes it is at the bottom. FT doesn’t even come close to the other weapon kits unfortunately and an 11% buff to the auto attack does nothing to change that.

Jade Quarry