Ideas for removing elixirs' RNG aspect...

in Engineer

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

Make them context sensitive!

For example, toss/drink Elixir H should give Protection at near full health, regen at around half your health, and vigor when it’s really low. (well, someone could come with better %s, but you get the idea)

As for toss Elixir B… well, I can’t think of a good idea for this one. Probably whatever that person is missing, giving priority to might, fury then retaliation in that order. (let’s be honest, swiftness on tossing is kinda worthless)

I can’t think of something for toss Elixir U. Let’s be honest, it should be either one or the other. I suppose maybe making it sensitive to health would work; reflect at high health (wall of reflection), blind+block projectiles at low health (smoke screen).

Toss Elixir S? Eh… I think the stealth needs to go. Maybe you guys have better ideas.

Elixir X? That needs a complete revamp. Seriously. Yes, it has uses, but I prefer something more reliable – as well as not being a rip-off from other classes.

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

(edited by Snack.9315)

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

I think if you make the effect based on what weapon(s) you equip, you can remove the randomness and get guaranteed effects for in/out of combat

H can give protection w/ p/shield, regen rifle , and vigor p/p. Always vigor out of combat

B always give swiftness out of combat, retal w/ shield in combat, might w/ p/p, fury rifle

U give wall of reflection w/ rifle or p/shield, smoke screen w/ p/p and when out of combat

S stealths w/ p/p, stability w/ p/s or rifle

As for X, it needs to be separate from the other classes.
One idea I had was making your attacks lifesteal for 10s. It would be a boon to bursty engis since you can heal-up from very low hp but you are still succeptible to disables/conditions/etc.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Why does X need to be separate from other classes? There are so many duplicate skills and traits across professions in this game.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

Why does X need to be separate from other classes? There are so many duplicate skills and traits across professions in this game.

X needs to be separate because both forms suck so it wouldn’t be any better if there were guaranteed ways to get either form

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Engineer

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

X needs to be separate because both forms suck so it wouldn’t be any better if there were guaranteed ways to get either form

both Rampage, and Tornado are good in WvW. Different situations, but still useful.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]