Is this class even on the radar?

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Q:

I listened to this whole thing but, engineer is not once really brought up as the main topic of conversation. The closest thing I heard was how turret (like minions, and spirits) can gunk the field of vision both for the player and the spectator in PvP. Some times I wonder if they remember this class is around. I do not mean that sarcastically either. I literally mean that so many other classes have builds that are considered OP or UP to the point that they commands major attention that we are simply forgotten. Honestly it could be the low pop of engies. It just seems to me from time to time we are tossed a random nerf or buff and that’s it for 3 months with no communication. I do not say this with anger but I do end up wondering what plans (if any) there are for this class.

Not a, “The devs hate us!” rant just wondering if they remember us lol.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Pretty good question.

I’m sure one of the devs will be around to say “Hey, yeah. We read the threads, we just don’t have the time to reply to them all. Don’t worry, we remember you!” and then we won’t see them again until the end of October, if then.

Or Bill Friest will say something about spitballing ideas about handling Kits and Back Items, Colin Johanson will tell us the resources for making Legendaries cosmetically worth it for Kit-users are being directed to more important things (oh, he won’t say that they’re more important, but that’s what he’ll mean), or maybe they’ll completely ignore us some more after they nerf one of the things our class relies on and ignore the bugs afflicting a quarter of our skills – or maybe that one guy will pop in and tell us they’re working fine, because the script looks okay.

As for whether they remember that we exist in terms of ‘classes to buff/nerf/neither,’ I’m really not sure. They ignore our feedback, though I’m pretty sure it’s mostly been “Yo, will you kittening fix these godkitten bugs, you kittenknuckles?” for a while more than any actual ‘balance’ concerns. Having to post about one of our traits being bugged on the sPvP boards before anyone bothered to acknowledge it, after having a thread-a-month on these boards for it, has pretty well abolished the idea of the devs paying attention to our boards and feedback, in my eyes.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I’m not sure how to take this comment, on one hand we are in quite a good place on the other hand there are class that are in a ridiculous position, so while I’d like to see more attention given to the engineer I think that more focus on other classes is in a way a buff for the engineer, and obviously there’s the bug issue that we all hate but we still have some viable builds (wvw we have a lot of viable builds) all in due time I guess, balance patch soon and it’s certainly been while so who knows how much attention Thayer have actually shown us but havnt given us

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I’m not sure how to take this comment, on one hand we are in quite a good place on the other hand there are class that are in a ridiculous position, so while I’d like to see more attention given to the engineer I think that more focus on other classes is in a way a buff for the engineer, and obviously there’s the bug issue that we all hate but we still have some viable builds (wvw we have a lot of viable builds) all in due time I guess, balance patch soon and it’s certainly been while so who knows how much attention Thayer have actually shown us but havnt given us

Like I said its not so much a complaint about balance but it feels like sometimes we literally get random buffs and random nerfs. No warning no meta issues just tossed out at us. I would love to think that they have got a guy who loves engineer and is working on whats broken and making power builds ever so slightly more viable (SD is fine). I think we are like guardians but I am not sure if they think we are actually Ok or just do not happen to notice that we are still around. I have not played this class for a full year like many of you but I have invested the majority of what I have in it. So now I am kind of wondering if anyone actually has there eyes on us or not. That the core intent of my question. I like where my build is. I do not need a buff. However i would love to know if some crazy nerf or buff is on the horizon.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: wondergod.2498

wondergod.2498

Simple answer is no it is not on the radar. They only time we are even looked at is when one of the popular classes has trouble killing us in PvP, then we get a nerf.

They’ve posted about legendaries and hobo sacks months ago. Since then they have redone legendaries 2 times, and introduced new ascended weapons. Neither of which benefit the kit engineers.

No mention of anything being worked on or fixed. We were forgotten a while ago and its clear its about time we should start looking for another class, well at least in PvE if we want to use any end game weapon or back pieces because it doesn’t look like its going to be corrected anytime soon.

Also, this is a rant, because its ridiculous at this point.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

At the beginning of this month we did get another reply on our hobosacks, in which they were hoping to resolve that issue soon. So theres that.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

A couple of things:

—in general, the profession forums don’t get much traffic. The devs spend more time in the general, WvW, and PvP forums because more people go there.
—there are still too many bugs left for Anet to be able to make any realistic promises on the engineer forums. As soon as someone came in and said that kits would scale to ascended attack value, people would ask him when the dozens of turret bugs would be fixed. It’s an issue of too many problems to realistically address, so they’re choosing to stay clear.
—in recent weeks, the PvP and WvW communities have both been in a state of near-revolt. The devs spent a lot of time just trying to calm people down. Stuff like that does take away resources from communicating with other sections of the playerbase.

All in all, it’s a simple fact of not having enough manpower to fix bugs/communicate, but there are other factors as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.7203

Zach.7203

Simple answer is no it is not on the radar. They only time we are even looked at is when one of the popular classes has trouble killing us in PvP, then we get a nerf.

I hate to be the harbinger of potentially bad news… but uh… the ‘elite’ PvP classes are having difficulty killing us right now; or so I’ve been told/read/heard/watched.

We’re one of the condition spam classes, and ArenaNet has specifically said those are due for “shaving down” with the next balance patch.

Read about it here

(edited by Zach.7203)

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Well, the Devs do hate us.

They ignore us when we ask for any buffs. Then, whenever a really good engineer performs well because they’re legitimately skilled, we get nerfed so that this further becomes the class that good players play for a challenge.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention we have more bugs than any other class and skills don’t function anywhere close to how they are supposed to. For example, the skill that doubles our speed only makes us slightly faster than someone with swiftness.

(edited by VIVorcha.7853)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ellementalist.4381

Ellementalist.4381

I got to agree with the op. its been a few months since there has been any real work on engineer. last major tweak to the turrets are basically useless as they are still crap.
im just hoping they at least respond and say something. anything

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

The next balance patch is supposed to be the 17th, I think. I doubt we’ll see anything of substance, but they’ve had a kittening long time to work on it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ellementalist.4381

Ellementalist.4381

well im keeping my fingers crossed.
there are some bloody good engineers out there doing mass killings with kits.
most they will do is prob nerf them to please the other classes in PVP ( they pay more attention to PVP then PVE )
engineers get no love in PVE

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

ANet ignoring Engineers was probably for the best. When they arent ignoring us they are generally just nerfing stuff for the sake of nerfing stuff.

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

ANet ignoring Engineers was probably for the best. When they arent ignoring us they are generally just nerfing stuff for the sake of nerfing stuff.

No it feels like they throw dices for every class out there everytime they introduce “balance” changes and see what happens thereafter just to throw another pair of dices.

As I’ve summarized here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Warrior-Discussion/page/5#post2800031

They need to (1) plan ahead (2) then release that information ahead with insights as to what is changing and why (including caps/formulars f. e.) (3) take the community into consideration (valid points and no personal feelings from blockheads) (4) rework the plan if there are any valid points (5) make the plan-changes public (6) apply patch if there are no big faults left (7) make profit for everyone.

And the most important one of them:

Close all those blockhead NERF threads and not let them stay open and rant up everyone forcing them do stumble around with those dices more and more.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Then i think Engineer has gotten kittenty rolls since launch.

The profession receiving the least complaints somehow rakes in the most nerfs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sparkman.4069

Sparkman.4069

In Spvp its kind of sad i see nothing but necros and warriors. Im happy when i see another engineer