Kit damage (tooltip) is NOT scaling

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Might be just a tooltip bug, but the shown damage value does not scale with the rarity of the equipped weapon. Reverse engineering from the tooltips gives a fixed weapon strength of 923 (rounded) for all kits, no matter which weapon is equipped.

I’d very much like to test if this is just a bugged tooltip. Sadly the practice dummies from Lion’s Arch are gone and testing vs. mobs is too much of a hassle.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

afaik kits have a fixed damage value balanced around exotics. their damage doesn’t scale with weapon damage. never has.

in Engineer

Posted by: capnkewl.5019

capnkewl.5019

afaik kits have a fixed damage value balanced around exotics. their damage doesn’t scale with weapon damage. never has.

“Player bundles (kits, conjured weapons, banners, etc.) will now scale damage based on the rarity of the player’s equipped weapon.”

in Engineer

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

“Player bundles (kits, conjured weapons, banners, etc.) will now scale damage based on the rarity of the player’s equipped weapon.”

seriously? haven’t read the whole patchnotes due to their length but if this is really true that’s amazing at first and doesn’t seem to work on second sight.

in Engineer

Posted by: Plyte.8130

Plyte.8130

Yup I noticed this as well. Theres really no good way to test this because of weapon damage ranges. Probably the easiest place to test is in PvP, but those numbers may be different than PvE.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

PVP only uses exotic level range weaponry from what i recall.