Kit refinement is pretty good!

in Engineer

Posted by: kangaroosteak.6201

kangaroosteak.6201

I’ve been keeping this build to myself for a while, but I figure with all the turret engies running around, I think it’s time to let out my secret.

Yeskey’s Bag of CC

Alright, to all you kit refinement haters out there who’ve never touched kit refinement since the global cool down (cd) nerf. I bring you a build that takes the dreaded new kit refinement and turns it into a cc monster.

Here’s the rundown kit refinement

Here’s how it works
-kit refinement for bomb kit creates a mag bomb on a 20s global cd, which works similar to the guardian’s greatsword 5
-This means that you can chain pulls and pushes with Big’ol’Bomb and the mag bomb (like interrupting a stomp with the really fast mag bomb pulling them away, then blasting them out with Big’ol’bomb)

- kit refinement on the E-gun creates a trail of glue that reapplies immobs like the ranger’s entangle. This means that any fool that walks into your glue field will get re-immobed even if they cleanse it again if they take a step forward.

(This cd is shared with the bomb kit, if you mag bomb, then you must wait 20s in order to use glue trail on the e-gun, and vise versa)

- Elixir B means that you can give yourself stability, securing knockdowns with overcharge shot with absolutely no penalty, Elixir B also cleanses condi’s every time you drink it!

-E-gun is the supporty-est kit out there, with cleanse on E-gun 3 and light on E-gun 5, it means you can offer huge support, and the auto attack on E-gun means you can apporach zerk rangers with relative ease (weakness op baby) Plus another blast finisher and stunbreak is always handy on engy

-Bomb kit is the CC, and you’re bringing a ton of it, you can push into 5 people on a point and completely dominate them with hard and soft CC.

- With short fuse, smoke bomb, and the auto bomb dispenser, you’re going to be rolling around in near perma blind uptime when you’re fighting melee classes, plus short fuse makes auto bomb dispenser a shorter cd too, (the synergy is real)

- Since it’s also a cele rifle build, it dishes out a large amount of direct damage and offers tons of CC.

And a build would not be complete without a video showcasing it!
(Most of my spvp videos are running it!)
Here’s a showcase!
View able in Germany!

Sorry about the text wall, I’ll make this look pretty in a bit!

[VP] Yeskey: I Theory Craft Builds and Get Into Fights!

(edited by kangaroosteak.6201)

in Engineer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

This looks a lot more fun than the meta ‘stand on point and hope they don’t kill the turrets before the turrets kill them’ sort of engi play. Thanks for posting it…poor kit refinement got a bad rap with that nerf all that time ago.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Man that ele in the OPs video is horrible. He spent 100% of the time in the match, trying to 1v2 at far point from his spawn.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Wait, short fuse affects automated dispenser? My mind is like a high school quarterback the night after making the winning touchdown pass: blown.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I was more than ready to hate but after you did the Jump Shot delivery, you won me over.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Wait, short fuse affects automated dispenser? My mind is like a high school quarterback the night after making the winning touchdown pass: blown.

As well, traits like fast acting elixir, effect the other traits cool downs that use elixirs, such as Hidden flask, and self regulated defenses.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

Cleaning Formula 409 also affects hidden flask, so you’re guaranteed 1 condi cleanse when you hit 75% hp!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

can not watch the video from germany :/ could you post the link to your build?

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

Sure thing, here’s the Build link

And this video shouldn’t be blocked in germany

in Engineer

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

I CANT LIVE WITH OUT SPEEDY KITS !!!!!

all hail speedy kits

in speedy kits we trust

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

You are using AD ? Is this really helpful?

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

I CANT LIVE WITH OUT SPEEDY KITS !!!!!

all hail speedy kits

in speedy kits we trust

I’m using traveler runes, so my base speed is 25%, plus, with all the Elixir B’s going off, you have swiftness whenever you really need it. It’s actually quite liberating not needing to spec 10 tools for speedy kits anymore!

You are using AD ? Is this really helpful?

Can you explain what AD is?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Automated Bomb Dispenser?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

If that’s the case, I prefer using auto bomb dispenser because it means more blind up time in melee fights (You’re always going to be in melee range with the bomb kit!). And since it’s a 24s cool down with short fuse (paired with smoke bomb, that’s 11 seconds of reapplying blind fields on a 20s-24s cd) it’ll be up and ready to proc in nearly all combat situations. Plus, the smoke bomb that it drops detonates instantly, so if a hammer warrior were to stun you, or a thief lands a basilisk back stab on you, their next attack will immediately miss because of how fast the blind goes off. It will also continue to pulse blinds for 6 seconds. (How cool is that)

Also, protection injection and auto bomb dispenser will proc even if you have stability (Elixir B stability master race). It actually benefits you to walk through guardian rings of warding and stuff with stability up because you’ll get protection for 5 seconds and a free smoke field for no penalty.

Another stability + protection injection tip: It’s very handy to pop stability before fighting a zerk ranger. Since they usually open up with knock back shot, you can shrug off the knock back and gain 5 seconds of protection for free! You can take it even further by bum rushing them with the elixir gun auto attack for weakness until you get to point blank range. Then abuse immobilization and continually hit them in the back. (You can’t turn around to shoot people when you’re immob’d, so net shot people and run behind them for free hits!)

In my opinion, blind is the strongest condition in the game, because it completely negates all damage and CC for one attack, so if you have access to reapplying blind fields (Smoke and auto bomb dispenser), you can completely shut down classes like hammer warriors because they literally cannot touch you.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

kangaroosteak.6201, you just made my day. It really was enlighning to see this fresh build which is actually very viable (Just tried it out myself). The build does require quite some skill which is very appealing to me since I like builds that require high skills level, but also reward better. I tried making several builds around kit refinement but I never touched the sweet spot, you just did. +1k for you

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Going with 2 people to animal at start, losing mid just for some random stability, 3v1 turret at mid, double cap it afterwards, 2v1 some suiciding ele close..then proceed to 3v1 and 2v1 at mid and close for the whole match.
Pretty standard gameplay I suppose.

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

It’s nice to have some teamwork for a change in spvp no?

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

why don’t use the same build with rabid and elixirs ? ( new hgh life )

in Engineer

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

What stats should I be looking for to start out? Soldiers? Sorry, I’m still new to the game

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

why don’t use the same build with rabid and elixirs ? ( new hgh life )

I’m using cele gear rather than rabids because the rifle bomb auto attack has a size-able amount of power damage (Big’ol’Bomb can crit for up to 4k on a pvt warrior!), and because I love the healing turret too much. You’re free to try it rabid elixirs if you’d like, and be sure to tell me how it turns out! I’d love to see a rekindled hgh build.

What stats should I be looking for to start out? Soldiers? Sorry, I’m still new to the game

I’m doing this build in celestial (all stat) gear because the kits and weapons I’m using can utilize EVERY single stat.

You can deal a good amount of burst with rifle 3, 5 and the big’ol’bomb, but you have the condition damage to utilize the burning and confusion from the bomb kit and bleeding from rifle 3. You get just enough toughness and vitality in order to stay in the front line. And even the healing power means that you share a lot of regen, water heal blasts and the light heal from the Elixir gun 5.

I’ll tell you now that this build has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get in the motions of it, having the ability to support and cc at the same time really pays off.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

obvioulsy with rabid i would let rifle down and i would take pistol pistol or pistol shield ( i prefer the first )

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Decided this looked like an interesting build and one that is so different from most trait set ups. I expected it to suck but I was totally wrong. This is an awesome build and full of tons of synergy. Great work dude!

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

Thanks for all the support guys! I’m planning on creating a tutorial video on some of my favorite combos with this build, but if you’ve been toying around with the set-up, I’m sure that you already know a few of them!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Thank you for giving me a reason to use my engi again!

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Wait, elixir B! Why not toolkit for moar cc/block/dmg?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: Unhinged Carrot.3849

Unhinged Carrot.3849

obvioulsy with rabid i would let rifle down and i would take pistol pistol or pistol shield ( i prefer the first )

Don’t underestimate rabid/rifle.

Zobb – Asura Engineer – Seafarer’s Rest

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

kangaroosteak.6201

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpPrVXxkLseNSaBN60MnwIqu85JEgoC-TJBFwACuAAp2foaZAAPAAA

theory-crafted this just for you. blind-spam to the max.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

Wait, elixir B! Why not toolkit for moar cc/block/dmg?

A few reasons actually, and remember, this is just my opinion <3

- While toolkit brings more utility to fights than a straight up elixir, the elixir itself means that you have two more condi cleanses because of CF409. Since you’re always chugging the kitten thing, the fury that it gives means your rifle and bombs do tons more damage (celestial crit damage is hot, 4k Big’Ol’Bombs in spvp)

- Access to stability in this build is huge. Not only does stability mean that you; as an engineer; can go completely ham on a guy and throw tons of CC while he whimpers in a corner. But it also means that you can abuse self-inflicted CC on-procs like protection injection and auto bomb dispenser by walking through enemy CC lines. Who doesn’t like walking into a fight with 5 seconds of protection, 5 seconds of stability, and a pulsing blind field for 6 seconds because the enemy guard was foolish enough to throw down a line of warding?

- Another thing that people tend to overlook, since they don’t use kit refinement too often, is that if you use tool kit, you have to deal with the tool kit kit refinement ability (Which gives you a few seconds of super speed) Not only is this kit refinement ultra mega lame, it screws up your other kit refinement skills because all kit refinement skills share the same global cool down.
———————————————————

kangaroosteak.6201

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpPrVXxkLseNSaBN60MnwIqu85JEgoC-TJBFwACuAAp2foaZAAPAAA

theory-crafted this just for you. blind-spam to the max.

Elixir gun is my baby, I just can’t live without it!

In other news, I’ve been using sigil of doom rather than hydromancy to crack bunker ele’s and shout warriors, it’s proving to be very effective!

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Is Kit Refinement strong in thuis build? I feel like it’s not a very strong trait because you can’t know when it procs exactly in a long battle. It can also miss, in the bomb’s case. I feel like other traits might be stronger here.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Engineer

kangaroosteak.6201

Is Kit Refinement strong in thuis build? I feel like it’s not a very strong trait because you can’t know when it procs exactly in a long battle. It can also miss, in the bomb’s case. I feel like other traits might be stronger here.

In the case of not knowing when it procs or not during the middle of a fight, it shows up in your buff bar, so you know when your next kit swap will proc kit refinement or not.

In terms of whether or not kit refinement is a good enough trait to use, two points for CC on a 20s cd is pretty kitten hard to beat. Pretty much any other trait in the vicinity worth two points is passive. Whereas the mag bomb or glue trait kit can make a break an engagement by forcing the enemy to pop stun breaks or condi cleanses early in order to recover. If they don’t have stun break, then you win the fight with overly massive CC.