Let's start predicting the next update

in Engineer

Posted by: DaRkSnIpErZ.8739

DaRkSnIpErZ.8739

I would love a sniper kit
Sniper Kit – Would you ever like to hit your friends from far away? Well now you can with the place-able sniper kit. 1600-2000 range.

Zak Rifleman ~ Asuran Engineer Level 80
Magnosity ~ Asuran Warrior Level 30

in Engineer

Posted by: Taaveti.3056

Taaveti.3056

I predict that Anet will give us all the improvements we have been begging for. then make us a costume brawl only class.

in Engineer

Posted by: FiftyTwoBears.5482

FiftyTwoBears.5482

I predict that Anet will give us all the improvements we have been begging for. then make us a costume brawl only class.

at this point im okay with that, as long as we’re viable in SOMETHING

in Engineer

FiftyTwoBears.5482

Just a bump, cause it seems like we’re getting some new posters, let’s see if we get any new predictions.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Rocket Turret replaced with Jango Fett’s suit and jetpack. Equiping this allows you to see all targets and buildings on map. You may only be killed by Sarcaacs and bald guys with purple lightsabers. #1 Allows you too simply target enemy/structure on map, and launch your rocket. Blows up Stonemist in 1 hit and gives all fellow engineers The Force, a lightsaber, and Yoda plush minipet.

Any stealthed thiefs in blast radius are given “Revealed” effect, last until they level an engi to 80.
All summoned mesmer clones turn into Engi and attack the creator until they admit Darth Vader was their father.
Warriors equip a flamethrower upon using adrenaline skills, no extra commentary needed. Wait, no. Missmissmiss.
Rangers have their pet replaced with a stormtrooper, if he hits his target an Ewok runs the ranger over with a AT-AT and chants “Jub Jub”.
Necromancers deathshroud now applies fear on self when looking at clear water or other reflective surfaces, such as your shiny armor.
Guardians Aegis has been replaced with 25 stacks of vulnerability for 1 minute.
Elementalist dagger attacks now hit self. HA!

This update only applies to engi’s in a Galaxy…
Far
Far
Awaaaaayyyy…..

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

A bug has been fixed allowing users of the grenade kit to throw grenades behind them.

The cast time on all grenades has been increased to two seconds, grenades thrown reduced to one per toss and grenades now cause friendly fire damage to mimic the real life effect of grenades.

Because the last change nullifies the “grenadier” trait, the trait will now be changed to allow the unlock of the grenades in slots 2, 3, 4 and 5.

To compensate for the previous changes, the damage of grenades has been reduced by 50%

Smoke bomb now creates a visual smoke effect across the battlefield. It has no effect anymore to compensate, it just makes some smoke.

Feedback regarding elixirs has been taken into account. All elixirs now give set boons instead of random ones. To compensate they now have a possibility to inflict random conditions.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

As one of the (very few people) that predicted the grenade nerf I will say this… I know of only one thing that will certainly be in an upcoming engineer “buff” – a nerf to the bombs kit either radius, damage or timers (or possibly all three). I’m actually not joking either.

in Engineer

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

I would like a kit that can be used when I’m not the only Engi in hotjoin sPvP. I call it the “No kittenin Way” kit. Automatically equips when within range of another engineer. Once equipped, the skills would be as follows;
Skill 1- Puts a party hat on anyone within 1500 range
Skill 2- Lays out a delicious cake
Skill 3- Pours out some refreshing punch for everyone to indulge in
Skill 4- Gives the other engineer a gift. Opening the gift applies the engineer with a buff that guarantees the next 3 flamethrower attacks will not ‘missmissmissmissmiss’ or be ‘obstructed’
Skill 5- Creates 3 turrets that automatically fly towards the closest opponent and blow up for roughly 80% of the enemy’s health. It’s a rare occurrence that 2 engineers be in the same hotjoin match at the same time, so let’s celebrate by letting you feel like the 7 mesmers that are currently in the match, if only for a minute.

Any input on this idea would be greatly appreciated!

LOL

Im still grateful for the one patch that lets us change kits in mid-air. Has anyone tried a build with this?

(edited by Helcor.9527)

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

A bug has been fixed allowing users of the grenade kit to throw grenades behind them.

I nearly chocked on my coffee while reading this. Now I’m deathly afraid of devs actually considering this a bug. It would mean the rage quit of every grenadeer who draws aggro.

in Engineer

Zonzai.2341

Hahaha, so I got a message from the Forum Mods saying I was trolling on some of my posts. Anybody else get that here? Cause I’m not trolling at all. Not gonna mention the ones I got incited for cause I’ll probably get another infraction, but seriously, I play engineer and I can’t even joke? Not even trying to troll nobody here haha.

They can post w/e they want they don’t care, our concerns are unanswered tickets. I am not getting any sense of trolling here either, here’s a new reference.

This is a simple thread to vent and laugh since the engineer threads feels like a prison now all waiting for a engineer patch. lightening up the mood is no way trolling.

I get the distinct impression that the mods are unhappy with us for this little mini-revolt we’ve been having on the engineer forums. I won’t say why I think that since it might get me an infraction (the first rule of infraction club is “Don’t talk about infraction club” right?). But I have been noticing a lot of deleted posts. Some of them should have been deleted though.

I do have to admit we are trolling ANet quite a bit here (not that I don’t think they’ve earned it). I’ll make a new prediction for the next patch – no significant engineer changes. They’ll stop working on the engineer just because we have been so unruly. >:o(

in Engineer

FiftyTwoBears.5482

Hahaha, so I got a message from the Forum Mods saying I was trolling on some of my posts. Anybody else get that here? Cause I’m not trolling at all. Not gonna mention the ones I got incited for cause I’ll probably get another infraction, but seriously, I play engineer and I can’t even joke? Not even trying to troll nobody here haha.

They can post w/e they want they don’t care, our concerns are unanswered tickets. I am not getting any sense of trolling here either, here’s a new reference.

This is a simple thread to vent and laugh since the engineer threads feels like a prison now all waiting for a engineer patch. lightening up the mood is no way trolling.

I get the distinct impression that the mods are unhappy with us for this little mini-revolt we’ve been having on the engineer forums. I won’t say why I think that since it might get me an infraction (the first rule of infraction club is “Don’t talk about infraction club” right?). But I have been noticing a lot of deleted posts. Some of them should have been deleted though.

I do have to admit we are trolling ANet quite a bit here (not that I don’t think they’ve earned it). I’ll make a new prediction for the next patch – no significant engineer changes. They’ll stop working on the engineer just because we have been so unruly. >:o(

Meh, to be honest, at this point, I would prefer them to not buff us anymore. I’m kinda hoping they nerf us more and more.

We’ll just keep doin out thang and just keep on rollin.

The more they nerf us, the more likely we’ll finally all band together into one Guild and unite under a common banner.

Then go WvWvW with all 500 Engineers in the entirety of GW2 with nothing but Flamethrowers.

NERF DAT

in Engineer

Posted by: LittleMusing.8257

LittleMusing.8257

Kit refinement for Medkit:
Explosion is a blast finisher OR healing mist. I mean it wouldn’t be that hard to change it to an ele’s traited water attunement healing, would it? Surely we can be an inferior copy of the king of versatility.

Disguise Kit:
Skill #1 – Banner (random). Upon being picked up, allies get banner skills. Can also be picked up by enemies and use self-destruct, halving enemy HP and killing the engi.
Skill #2 – Conjure Weapon (random). Both allies and enemies get weapon skills. Engi can also self-destruct.
Skill #3 – Environmental weapon (random). + self destruct.
Skill #4 – Mook (random). Become a random lvl1 animal that explodes when hit. Knockback range over 9000. (I jest.)
Skill #5 – Ninja. Stealths for 10s as long as you don’t move. (Ash Legion Spy Kit pls)

As long as the engi is transformed, the engi cannot move. Also self-destruct damages armor. Rifle range reduced to 900, pistol to 500. Damage decrease by 33% across the board. gg

Jade Quarry
[VwV][VaL]

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

They can nerf us all they like. At this point, I don’t think the Engineers that’re here are going anywhere. They can give us Nerf guns with the actual effect of Nerf guns, replace our Toolkit with a Nerf Bat, Flamethrower and Elixir Gun with Super Soakers, our Grenade Kit with bean-bags and our Bomb kit with a Gardening Kit, make our Elixirs have a 20%+ chance to inflict conditions on us, our Gadgets explode, and our Turrets malfunction, but I think the Engineer now is the stubbornest Engineer there ever will be.

in Engineer

Zonzai.2341

They can nerf us all they like. At this point, I don’t think the Engineers that’re here are going anywhere. They can give us Nerf guns with the actual effect of Nerf guns, replace our Toolkit with a Nerf Bat, Flamethrower and Elixir Gun with Super Soakers, our Grenade Kit with bean-bags and our Bomb kit with a Gardening Kit, make our Elixirs have a 20%+ chance to inflict conditions on us, our Gadgets explode, and our Turrets malfunction, but I think the Engineer now is the stubbornest Engineer there ever will be.

ROFL I would love a nerf gun kit. I hope they do that. It would be so funny.

It’s Nerf (engineers) or nothin!

in Engineer

Posted by: jay.4132

jay.4132

Make shields block give retaliation when using shield skills

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I just posted this on another thread.

Explosive traits affect pistol #1
(ie steel-packed powder, shrapnel, and explosive powder; So +10% damage, 15% cause bleeding, 5 sec vulnerability)
Pistol skills do 33% less damage

(Hidden bonus+; The patch bugs out rifled barrels and coated bullets traits for a month :3)

in Engineer

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Regarding the auto-attack of the Toolkit and how the last hit only hits 1 target and has no other effect, while the other two skills do:

“We believe Thwack is underpowered and not working as intended. In order to bring Thwack in line with the rest of the chain, Smack and Whack no longer apply Vulnerability and Smack no longer applies Cripple when traited.”

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkus.6594

Arkus.6594

All 60+ Engineers must pay 10,000g for artificial Hip replacement from all the HIP Shot. If you don’t, you’re permanent immobolize.

There’s a 1,000g maintenance fee for your Health Insurance to cover this replacement.

in Engineer

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Engineers pay 50% less on their repair bills to correlated with their profession, as a result they only have half as much health points now.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

“Engineers hip shot animation changed because it was absurd. They now throw their gun at enemies instead.”

in Engineer

Zonzai.2341

No, they can’t throw their guns. That would be too effective. Damage nerf that for sure.

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Why in Sam Adams did my post get deleted…

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Static Discharge now reliably affects the targeted mob, regardless of the toolbelt skill being used.

Static Discharge damage reduced by 33% to compensate for this.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Fixed all bugs on the Engineer profession.

Nerfed all Engineer damage by 33% to compensate for this bug fix.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shoyoko.7309

Shoyoko.7309

All bugs and broken traits have been fixed, to compensate this, the engineer class has been redesigned to suit it’s class philosophy.

Now all Engineers build default weapons and kit at the start of combat. Each weapons and kits take 10 minutes to build and at recharge rate of 3 minutes.

No two engineers are the same.
Passionate engineer; self-proclaimed kitmaster. <3

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Yeah they did it to mine as well lol, no infraction or anything.

I predict some much needed underwater bug fixes.

in Engineer

Posted by: ZhaneBX.8216

ZhaneBX.8216

Still watching over the bug list. Engineer damage decreased by 33% to compensate for this.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Lazy Anet team just got off from a vacation. I think it would be better not to expect major patches.

in Engineer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Yeah they did it to mine as well lol, no infraction or anything.

I predict some much needed underwater bug fixes.

My amazing post was deleted aswell;

I predict the static discharge would have a nerf so that only one discharge can be used at a time. to compensate for its viable damage.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Engineer

Zonzai.2341

You’re right Kyon. They won’t make any major changes to the engineer any time soon.

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Please stop trying to have a serious conversation, you’re distracting me from making up outrageous nerfs. =)

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

“Supply Crate” as been changed to “Cardboard Box of Supply”.
We felt a wooden crate was to too durable and thereby not appropriate for Engineers.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

To be honest, I don’t think this next patch is going to affect the Engineer much, if at all. We are less than 5% of the players that play GW2. More than likely, what ANET will do is focus on the most played classes, I only say this, because this has been the pattern with these last few updates. I wouldn’t expect anything from them from this point, because until they are forced to play the Engineer and see why less than 5% of players play the Engineer, nothing will change. Granted, I may end up eating my words with this next patch. (I hope)

What I would love to see, is:
Bug fixes (all of them?)
Removal of RNG in its entirety
Turrets scaling with armor, health, and weapon damage
Kits scaling with weapon damage
Additional weapons (like the 1h/2h hammer, repeating crossbow, and other engineer things)
Base pistol 25% damage increase (or increase bleed damage/increase the timer on the bleeds)
Rifles, being used as rifles (Take the current rifle skills and make a shotgun/shotgun kit)
Useful class (not race) elite skills; which are not the supply crate

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

(edited by Specterryu Quipter.8412)

in Engineer

FiftyTwoBears.5482

Please stop trying to have a serious conversation, you’re distracting me from making up outrageous nerfs. =)

I’ve been completely serious haha.

But have you guys watched the Livestream? They were talking about “balancing” aoe abilities more to make single target damage stand out more…..

Which mean’s more “balance” to Grenades and Bombs for us.

YES MORE “BALANCING” FOR US.

in Engineer

Zonzai.2341

But have you guys watched the Livestream? They were talking about “balancing” aoe abilities more to make single target damage stand out more…..

Yeah, I saw that. :/

Unless engineer gets a major overhaul I’m going to delete mine and roll an elementalist alt. I’m too cheap to buy more character slots and the elementalist seems to be everything that the engineer was supposed to be anyway.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yeah, I saw that. :/

Unless engineer gets a major overhaul I’m going to delete mine and roll an elementalist alt. I’m too cheap to buy more character slots and the elementalist seems to be everything that the engineer was supposed to be anyway.

Yeah it’s ridiculous, let’s imbalance the classes that use nothing but AOE in their attack so the single target burst can do even more damage without restrictions. It’s absolutley ridiculous and proves the theory that they really don’t play the game or use anything close to a PTR for testing before releasing patches.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Zonzai.2341

Supposedly they are balancing the game for the sPvP meta right now. What I don’t get is why they would make a change that makes thieves even better. How in the fkitten can they think that’s good for the meta?