Let's talk about gadget traits

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Okay, I love gadgets. Rocket boots are fun to use, and slick shoes can be combined with that to get some hilarious results against zergs. The other gadgets have their uses, too.

You know what my biggest problem with gadgets is (if you read the title you probably know)?

NOT ENOUGH TRAITS.

One of our entire skill sets only has one trait for it, Speedy Gadgets, that reduces the cooldown. It’s useful, but I’m disappointed about the inability to develop one of my favorite sets of skill beyond that one trait.

So, my proposal:

1. Remove Scope. Really, given that Engineers are primarily a close range class, this trait is fairly useless. Someone else did an analysis of it in these forums if you want to check that thread out. Doing that would free up a Master level trait slot that could be used for a Gadget trait.
2. Add a new trait in that slot. I have some ideas regarding that:

Gadgeteer’s Initiative
Grants three (?) seconds of swiftness every time you use a gadget.

Potent Gadgets
Increases the effectiveness of all gadgets (IE they do more damage, Slick Shoes lasts longer, Rocket Boots goes further)

3. A slight change. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but Speedy Gadgets doesn’t apply to the toolbelt skills for a gadget, which is odd, since Fast-Acting Elixirs applies to Toss elixirs.

in Engineer

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

I would like more utility with gadgets across the board. Rocket Boots is pretty good as-is (I really wish it was still a stun break, though), but Slick Shoes would be nice on a 30s/30s (utility/toolbelt) cool down.

[TKG] Mollify

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

There are more bad traits that they could repurpose for gadgets.

Empowering Adrenaline: 2s of quickness when you use a gadget

Always Prepared: Gadgets recharge when you reach 25% health (cooldown 60 sec)

And as for the skills themselves, only rocket boots is fine as is.
Recharge is way to long for slick shoes (35-42 sec would be good)

PBR does too little even now. If it transfers conditions and gives stability it would solve two problems; lack of gadget condi-removal and lack of stability for the class.

Throw Mine is the same, it would be better if they changed remove boon to steal boon that way gadgets could hav some access to boons to make up for lack of defense. Toolbelt could also hav a standard circle pattern instead of the random one.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Engineer

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

We for sure need more gadget traits. I feel like gadgets currently are in a fairly good spot, but the lack of traits to support them is what makes other utilities more attractive. I’d like to see some traits like

Using a gadget recharges it’s respective toolbelt skill.

Also, maybe put some of these traits in the inventions line. We have way too many good traits in the tools line, and not enough in the others.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

We have way too many good traits in the tools line, and not enough in the others.

Wat?

Always Prepared, Kit Refinement, Packaged Stim, Scope, Armor Mods, Adrenal Implant

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

We have way too many good traits in the tools line, and not enough in the others.

Wat?

Always Prepared, Kit Refinement, Packaged Stim, Scope, Armor Mods, Adrenal Implant

Yeah, the only good trait I can think of is Static Discharge, and that’s insanely buggy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

Wat?

Yeah, the only good trait I can think of is Static Discharge, and that’s insanely buggy.

Eh, disregard my last post. I was mixing up other traits with the wrong line >_<

The point is, we need more gadget traits!

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

Well technically speedy kits is in the tools line and its just about a must have, especially when combined with the perma vigor trait. However I totally agree with everything here, I would love to see gadgets get some attention.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

No one has mentioned Utility Goggles. Personally I think they are pretty nice.

Stun break, Fury, Blindness Immunity and 10 stacks of vuln? Yes please.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

Maybe something like this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0p6dX7y5F1LJyIFcGpFqgEC6hdBY9loCXGA-jUyA4/gQBQINAJwioxWGLiGr2GT7SEVbvFkN4KryAwMGA-w

2 x Stun breaks, tons of blinds and vulnerability stacking, some bleeding, some burning. Power and precision mostly.

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

Maybe something like this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0p6dX7y5F1LJyIFcGpFqgEC6hdBY9loCXGA-jUyA4/gQBQINAJwioxWGLiGr2GT7SEVbvFkN4KryAwMGA-w

2 x Stun breaks, tons of blinds and vulnerability stacking, some bleeding, some burning. Power and precision mostly.

I ran this last night all night in WvW and it performed pretty well in zerg play. Solo play was an adjustment as I still haven’t gotten the rotation down yet, but once I adjust I think it will play as well as my HgH build. There is a bit more button clicking involved. It’s my first time playing static discharge, which is a bit wonky.

I’ll probably switch Go For the Eyes out for Rifle Mod, and maybe Acidic Coating for Protection Injection. Melandru and Lemongrass work pretty well for conditions however I may experiment with changing sigil of Frailty to Generosity.

I noticed that even if only running with one other person (especially a thief), the vuln stacking is almost OP. I was putting up 15-20 stacks without any effort at all. I need to work on placement for Slick Shoes one trying to CC the front of an oncoming zerg, but the when I did get it right the Blind and Knockdown were pretty awesome. That does rely on getting stability from the melee train though.