Making Elixir X Good!

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What i would LOVE to see.

Make it so that it copies an Elite from what ever Target you use it on both Ally or enemy, allow it to be stored until you use it and then the cool down starts – whatcha guys think?

It would have to be a specific Elite from each class

Ele – Tornado
Mesmer – Mass Invisibility
Necro – Lich Form
Thief – Dagger Storm
Guardian – Tome of Wrath
Ranger – Spirit Of Nature
Warrior – Rampage

Of curse there would be some better ones that i would like to see, but they would require slight changes to the skill for example:

Ranger – Rampage As One – Could be a solid choice if the Fury and Might could be applied to Turrets that would be a very interesting build type.

Warrior – Signet of Rage – change the adrenaline to a Boon(s) while you have the skill inactive

So what do you guys think? Personally i think this would be a great change removes all the randomness out of the skill and means you can use it knowing what skill you are going to get. The Cool down would remain the same, it just opens up the choices and removes all the RNG out of it.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I would like to see Elixer X have a unique ability of its own that’s specific to our class. I want to play an engineer and don’t see where copy pasta versions of other class elites fit in at all.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

We have Mortar and Supply crate for that. I like Elixir X but in my opinion its not very well made, lacking in every possible way but the idea is there, the potential is there as well

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I would like to see it replaced with Gear Suit!
Where engineers not wizards we dont need magic potions. But a robotic suit, thats right up our alley.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would like to see it replaced with Gear Suit!
Where engineers not wizards we dont need magic potions. But a robotic suit, thats right up our alley.

That could be one of the New Elites, something like a beefed up Asura suit would be pretty cool, a Mini Omega

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

elixir x is already good. in pvp. with power builds.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Nobody will ever use Elixer X while it is stepped in RNG. Two of those elites are situational, two are useless, one is highly situational, and only two are actually good, and even then its with two slightly different builds needed to get maximum performance.

Granted, i used the engineer elete slot solely as a AoE stun (Supply crate) so who am i to judge? You’re trying to make lemonade, over on the 6 other areas where good builds are made, and that one other area that is just… meh.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Hahahaha no

Nobody uses Elixir X seriously unless they’re trying to play the game on hard mode. Supply Crate is our only good elite.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Elixir X is severely underrated. As a tempo-oriented Engineer, it’s great for creating openings for teammates because each option has huge CC capability. It also gives you boat-loads of health if you’re running into trouble. Also stability. People don’t realize how broken stability really is—much less 10-15 seconds of it.

Honestly, Elixir X’s strength comes from the fact that you can blip out of your forms at the press of a button. You can launch or knock-down somebody, blip out of your form, and [Overcharged Shot] them while they’re down. All the people having a cry about Elixir X probably play pistol main-hand.

(edited by Swagg.9236)

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Hahahaha no

Nobody uses Elixir X seriously unless they’re trying to play the game on hard mode. Supply Crate is our only good elite.

Several of the best engineers in the game use elixir X. I usually use supply crate but got shown a few gaping holes in my build last night (ouch) and I’ll probably start using elixir X at least half of my matches, depending on enemy team composition and map.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

Elixir X is fantastic. Please don’t change it based on any of these suggestions.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Elixir X is fantastic. Please don’t change it based on any of these suggestions.

Opinions. Mine is that its very weak, then again so is Mortar. Supply Crate isnt even that good, nothing more then the best of a bad bunch.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

Opinions. Mine is that its very weak, then again so is Mortar. Supply Crate isnt even that good, nothing more then the best of a bad bunch.

Right, but we’ve already established that several of the best PvPers in the game are engineers using elixir X effectively. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but it doesn’t make sense to change something that’s proven to be effective. That’s usually called a nerf, actually.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

Yes, it’s opinion, but I thoroughly enjoy X as it is for large scale fights. When I’m set up for close combat, having the X option is solid.

Mortar is weak because it mostly duplicates something we can already spam with Grenadier plus it’s easily killed.

I agree that SC is just ok because of lolturrets. I’m curious if SC will become quite a bit better if there’s an improved turret AI.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Right, but we’ve already established that several of the best PvPers in the game are engineers using elixir X effectively. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but it doesn’t make sense to change something that’s proven to be effective. That’s usually called a nerf, actually.

We talking the dying form that is S/TPvP or WvW? Because again in my opinion its next to useless in WvW. I havent touched S/TPvP in months due to it being SO stale and SO boring that i wouldnt really consider a skill being good based on ONE mode.

How effective is it in PvE?
How effective is it in WvW?

Does it really matter how “good” it is in ONE mode if it sucks in the other 2?

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

We talking the dying form that is S/TPvP or WvW? Because again in my opinion its next to useless in WvW. I havent touched S/TPvP in months due to it being SO stale and SO boring that i wouldnt really consider a skill being good based on ONE mode.

Well that’s a bit selfish, but I understand. PvP is the least-played of the three game modes, it’s true.

I’m not sure what “balanced” is for PvE, though. Are we looking for something that clears dungeons faster? It’s true, engineers don’t really have an elite for that. I’d recommend creating a new one instead of scrapping an existing one that’s being used by existing players, though.

I don’t do a lot of large-scale fights in WvW, but I hear it’s useful in cliffside situations, lord’s room fights, etc. This is not from experience so I could be quite wrong. People were just saying that no one used it, which isn’t really true since it’s used in top-tier PvP. Not a large percentage of the playerbase, but still, people use it.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hahahaha no

clueless as always. the point control it provides is amazing. using it on skyhammer is amazing. the damage it puts out is good.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well that’s a bit selfish, but I understand. PvP is the least-played of the three game modes, it’s true.

I’m not sure what “balanced” is for PvE, though. Are we looking for something that clears dungeons faster? It’s true, engineers don’t really have an elite for that. I’d recommend creating a new one instead of scrapping an existing one that’s being used by existing players, though.

I don’t do a lot of large-scale fights in WvW, but I hear it’s useful in cliffside situations, lord’s room fights, etc. This is not from experience so I could be quite wrong. People were just saying that no one used it, which isn’t really true since it’s used in top-tier PvP. Not a large percentage of the playerbase, but still, people use it.

The difference being, the current current possibilities are still there, they are just getting added to and made even better by KNOWING exactly what elite you will be getting rather then have it down to RNG.

Why create a new Elite when this one can be adjusted? It would have all the same benefits as before plus you would have options for to take other skills as well and not just being limited to n RNG Tornado or Rampage.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: TriskaiX.7014

TriskaiX.7014

elixer X is good enough for pvp and even dungeon, keeping adds from a downed ally while another person heals him/her.
If any of the elites should be fixed it would be mortar, just giving the option to reposition it would help a lot, just an option to pick it up and put it down somewhere else, the rest must remain unchanged, or would this mobility make it too strong?
and a 4th elite robo suit sounds like fun

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Ostrich Eggs has been using Elixir X to big effect in his soloqueue games and I can attest to its efficacy in WvW also for the massive amounts of CC that it brings, along with much needed Stability. Against Warrior Stun Trains sometimes Elixir X would have saved you whilst Supply Crate would have little impact due to Crate’s design aim being centred around dueling.

That said, I agree with you in that the RNG aspect detracts from the overall usefulness of it and the fact that it recycles Elites from other classes is lazy.

If the Power Suit/Mech Suit/Power Armour Elite were ever added to replace the Rampager aspect of Elixir X you can bet that it would be much better received. As it is, new skills are a while off and although you can say we are “stuck with it”, Elixir X does have a place in both competitive play, PvE (rezzing due to massive EHP and Stability), and in WvW (diving Zergs, counter CC in duels, inciting chaos in small group fights)

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

What if we turned in some kind of Mr Hide? Skills similar to rampage but would look more fitting the engineer

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

^This. And don’t we a see a thread like this once a month?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Surely that says something. Because it works in ONE mode doesnt mean that it works in them all. Strange thing is, people saying no when it wouldnt actually change being able to get Tornado and Rampage but ADD to that, allowing for different builds – Like if you are condition – use it on a Necro and get Plague, Support and use it on a Guardian for example.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

TheGuy.3568

Surely that says something. Because it works in ONE mode doesnt mean that it works in them all. Strange thing is, people saying no when it wouldnt actually change being able to get Tornado and Rampage but ADD to that, allowing for different builds – Like if you are condition – use it on a Necro and get Plague, Support and use it on a Guardian for example.

…..Sigh works in Spvp, WvW, and PvE. Is more RNG really what is needed? At the same time you really think they will remove RNG from elixirs? And elites do not have to work well in every build. Your complaint for condition thief is pointless as you suggestion would nerf some power builds. Which would make not a lick of sense. Works fine as is.

All the people having a cry about Elixir X probably play pistol main-hand.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

Elixir X is not a bad skill in itself, my only issue with it is that it’s literally just a 50/50 to get one of two other classes skills… Something unique would have been far better, even if it’s just flavor.

Such as brute being a golem instead with matching flavor skills
And tornado being ’Army of mini-golems or airstrike or whatever..

In its current form it just feels lazy. "Oh we couldn’t be bothered so we copied this.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

…..Sigh works in Spvp, WvW, and PvE. Is more RNG really what is needed? At the same time you really think they will remove RNG from elixirs? And elites do not have to work well in every build. Your complaint for condition thief is pointless as you suggestion would nerf some power builds. Which would make not a lick of sense. Works fine as is.

Maybe actually READ my idea, it would remove ALL RNG from it, so how would it be adding more? – You simply use it on someone from another class, you get given that class elite, cool down starts when you use the elite

where is the “more” RNG from that? It has none. Unless you are counting finding someone from a specific class – that is why i would say you could use the skill on allies – As you can see the class they are as well.

“Works in” and “Good in” are 2 very different things….

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

The issue I see with this suggestion is:
What do you do when neither on your team nor the opponent’s one is the profession you want to “steal” the elite from?

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The issue I see with this suggestion is:
What do you do when neither on your team nor the opponent’s one is the profession you want to “steal” the elite from?

True, I was thinking maybe have it so that it “sticks” to the player, so you move from PvE into WvW and you still have the one you got from PvE, it only resets once that it has been used.

Though i agree not 100% sure how it could be fixed in S/TPvP. Maybe have it so that it “sticks” to the player and they can continue to use the same elite, once they decide they want another one and found someone with one they want they could swap it out for say Mortar go back to EX and it will be reset so you can now use it on another person Ally or enemy.

The only time it would reset on its own is when you log out.

The main benefit i see from this is the choice, you will always have one you want the most but their are others that could work just as well, maybe tweak to gameplay and role a bit but that could still work

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

TheGuy.3568

Maybe actually READ my idea, it would remove ALL RNG from it, so how would it be adding more? – You simply use it on someone from another class, you get given that class elite, cool down starts when you use the elite

where is the “more” RNG from that? It has none. Unless you are counting finding someone from a specific class – that is why i would say you could use the skill on allies – As you can see the class they are as well.

“Works in” and “Good in” are 2 very different things….

Perhaps you should do the same before you rant (read the bold text). Additionally “works in” is something you said. I said it was “fine as is” so….

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Is more RNG really what is needed?

How would it be adding MORE RNG?

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

TheGuy.3568

….Sigh you accuse me of not reading. Did you even read your own OP when you wrote it? You steal an elite based on who’s around you ie it’s random. An option of 2 elites or 8 where you have no clue what you will have access to at any given time. You literally have to find a class you want the elites from target them then steal it. If their is no class x around you you have no access to that elite. Dude stop arguing and go back to the drawing board as this idea is simply bad. Ask Anet from another better elite to replace the unused and unwanted mortar rather then trying to mess with an elite that works with many other builds but not your own.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Elixir X is a bad Elite, a bad skill. Because its copy-paste lazy work. We should get a real, unique, elite and not this 10min before lunchbreak rushjob.

It can still be a Transformation, it can still be Power/CC focussed. But it should be OUR transformation. Unique to us. I’ve long wanted to see Engineers take Alchemy to the limits and then push it further. Transforming into some alchemical abomination.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

What I would need is the auto-attack to be memorized if activated on the last use.
It always takes me a sec to hover over to skill#1 to CTRL click it.
Even if in titty twister form, cause I most often use Elixir X for big bosses.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

….Sigh you accuse me of not reading. Did you even read your own OP when you wrote it? You steal an elite based on who’s around you ie it’s random. An option of 2 elites or 8 where you have no clue what you will have access to at any given time. You literally have to find a class you want the elites from target them then steal it. If their is no class x around you you have no access to that elite. Dude stop arguing and go back to the drawing board as this idea is simply bad. Ask Anet from another better elite to replace the unused and unwanted mortar rather then trying to mess with an elite that works with many other builds but not your own.

“where is the “more” RNG from that? It has none. Unless you are counting finding someone from a specific class – that is why i would say you could use the skill on allies – As you can see the class they are as well.”

I wouldnt really think that its that bad, When do you not see plenty of pretty much any class? You can use it on Allies and Enemies, You can use it in PvE and then keep that Elite when you go into WvW as well and it only resets your currently picked Elite based on:

1) Resetting it yourself
2) Logging Out

I dont quite see your problem, the 2 current Elites would stay and you would get to CHOOSE what one you would like, it would also add more options for various other builds – such as support, healing and such.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It can still be a Transformation, it can still be Power/CC focussed. But it should be OUR transformation. Unique to us. I’ve long wanted to see Engineers take Alchemy to the limits and then push it further. Transforming into some alchemical abomination.

That would be pretty cool, Though i could see that getting added in its own Elite when they release new skills

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

TheGuy.3568

“where is the “more” RNG from that? It has none. Unless you are counting finding someone from a specific class – that is why i would say you could use the skill on allies – As you can see the class they are as well.”

I wouldnt really think that its that bad, When do you not see plenty of pretty much any class? You can use it on Allies and Enemies, You can use it in PvE and then keep that Elite when you go into WvW as well and it only resets your currently picked Elite based on:

1) Resetting it yourself
2) Logging Out

I dont quite see your problem, the 2 current Elites would stay and you would get to CHOOSE what one you would like, it would also add more options for various other builds – such as support, healing and such.

Do you know when I use elixir x the most? Solo roaming. You know the main reason I use it in zerg? CC. I do not need to hunt down a class get their elite and then use it. The 2 I have are great all on their own. You are literally suggesting for WvW always running around with a group making sure it consist of classes you want the elite from. I am sorry but that idea is bad really bad. the elite is fine as it is. Every complaint before this has to do with it not being our own yours is just pointless. If you do not get how to use it and how good it is that is your issue but the skill is fine as it is. It doesn’t even matter if you disagree they wont change it into the skill you suggest. End of story.

You are pulling a Daecello but you seem not to know when to stop.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Do you know when I use elixir x the most? Solo roaming. You know the main reason I use it in zerg? CC. I do not need to hunt down a class get their elite and then use it. The 2 I have are great all on their own. You are literally suggesting for WvW always running around with a group making sure it consist of classes you want the elite from. I am sorry but that idea is bad really bad. the elite is fine as it is. Every complaint before this has to do with it not being our own yours is just pointless. If you do not get how to use it and how good it is that is your issue but the skill is fine as it is. It doesn’t even matter if you disagree they wont change it into the skill you suggest. End of story.

How so? Do you start in WvW when you log in? As i said you can use the Elite and take the one you want into WvW, look at places like LA plenty of people, Plenty of people in WvW as well – so you 100% of the time are in WvW and then you are ALWAYS alone? If so, then yes this change wouldnt be good for you.

HOWEVER – if you spent even the smallest amount of time in LA before logging WvW or even spend 1-2minutes with a zerg then this would be great. We could get some other Elites for healing if you are support, condition if you are condition and such.

I am NOT suggesting that you would need to run around with a certain group of people, as i have said you can use in PvE such as in Lions Arch where ALOT of people just stand around doing nothing and then take that Elite into WvW and keep it until you decide that you would like to change it and just need like 1second cast time on an ally to get the one you want

Strange – have i said i dont know how to use it? No, i would just like more options what is so wrong with that How would this help you if say you are a condition build? what if you are a Heal/support build? other then the Knockbacks (wasted if they have stability) then what are your options with it?

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Step 1 trait fast acting elixirs, potent elixirs, and HGH
Step 2 equip a valk set of lyssa and rifle
Step 3 use Elixir U right before Elixir X
Step 4 Enjoy God Mode Every 84 Seconds!

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

How would it be “god Mode”? Doesnt U increase damage you take by 25%
Lyssa doesnt seem that great, if you have no conditions they you get no boons

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

TheGuy.3568

How so? Do you start in WvW when you log in? As i said you can use the Elite and take the one you want into WvW, look at places like LA plenty of people, Plenty of people in WvW as well – so you 100% of the time are in WvW and then you are ALWAYS alone? If so, then yes this change wouldnt be good for you.

HOWEVER – if you spent even the smallest amount of time in LA before logging WvW or even spend 1-2minutes with a zerg then this would be great. We could get some other Elites for healing if you are support, condition if you are condition and such.

I am NOT suggesting that you would need to run around with a certain group of people, as i have said you can use in PvE such as in Lions Arch where ALOT of people just stand around doing nothing and then take that Elite into WvW and keep it until you decide that you would like to change it and just need like 1second cast time on an ally to get the one you want

Strange – have i said i dont know how to use it? No, i would just like more options what is so wrong with that How would this help you if say you are a condition build? what if you are a Heal/support build? other then the Knockbacks (wasted if they have stability) then what are your options with it?

First paragraph find other players and hunt down a class with an elite you like.

Second paragraph find other players and hunt down a clas with an elite you like.

Third paragraph Forced PvE in order to find other players and hunt down a class with an elite you like

Fourth paragraph skill doesn’t work in my build thus it needs a change to suit me. The elite should have no counter play.

“Strange – have i said i dont know how to use it?”

“So i have decided that i want to give Elixir X a chance, having been disappointed in it in the past and i was wondering what traits actually affect it and what would be the better traits to take along with it to buff it up as much as possible”

Edit:

How would it be “god Mode”? Doesnt U increase damage you take by 25%
Lyssa doesnt seem that great, if you have no conditions they you get no boons

Umm

Superior rune of lyssa

You have got to brush up on your set knowledge or use the wiki.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

First paragraph find other players and hunt down a class with an elite you like.

Second paragraph find other players and hunt down a clas with an elite you like.

Third paragraph Forced PvE in order to find other players and hunt down a class with an elite you like

Fourth paragraph skill doesn’t work in my build thus it needs a change to suit me. The elite should have no counter play.

“Strange – have i said i dont know how to use it?”

“So i have decided that i want to give Elixir X a chance, having been disappointed in it in the past and i was wondering what traits actually affect it and what would be the better traits to take along with it to buff it up as much as possible”

Lol, you consider a few minutes in a mode that you START in (unless you log out in Mists) to be “forced”? Really!?

Not really hunt down, if your server is anything like mine and mine is pretty low population i constantly see plenty of people from plenty of classes in Lions Arch. So again i dont quite see your issue here.

You also need to stop actually deciding what people are saying! Not once have i said its because simply of me. So rather then reading something and taking your own view point into context and then deciding what it means maybe read it with an open mind once in a while.

This change would help EVERYONE – well other then those that seem to stay in WvW 100% of the time and ONLY play solo and never see anyone else of any class on any other server.

Just like any other Elite, i know when to use it, it was more for the traits that work with it then HOW and when to use it, so again reading it how YOU want to read it. I still think it could be better, Does that mean i dont know how to use it? No and anyone who would think such a thing is close minded and very silly. Nothing is 100% perfect to me i saw something that works okay but that could be improved that does NOT mean i dont know how to use it.

Umm

Superior rune of lyssa

(6): When you use an elite skill, lose all conditions and gain all boons for 5 seconds.

Is what i was talking about, If you have no conditions, how do you gain Boons? So again, whats so great about it?

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: Brenil.8957

Brenil.8957

As far as I know, Runes of Lyssa will give you the boons regardless whether or not you have conditions on you. It doesn’t transmute conditions into boons, it removes conditions and adds the boons.

As for changing Elixir X. I agree with several others, it is a fine – if somewhat uninspired – elite skill. You get as much mileage out of it as you put into it. Its least useful in PvE, but that doesn’t mean it’s useless there either. Its pretty good for WvW and great for PvP. Which is more than can be said for the Mortar, which is crap in all three. That’s the bigger issue when it comes to our elite skills.

Prudence Pump Six – Steam Punk of an Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

TheGuy.3568

Sic….repetitive

Umm

Superior rune of lyssa

(6): When you use an elite skill, lose all conditions and gain all boons for 5 seconds.

Is what i was talking about, If you have no conditions, how do you gain Boons? So again, whats so great about it?

First off it still always and continually boils down to the same suggestion. Find other players and hunt down a class with an elite you like. I just going to tell you its dumb. It is a bad, terrible, ridiculous, and stupid idea. This is your elite skill not thief steal. It is the game changer tide turner big one time skill not the Pokemon I chose you warrior (ohh crap no warriors around) skill. I should not have to ever rely on another player being logged on so I can use my elite. It is a bad idea not even worth arguing over so respond or not doesn’t matter. It is not even worth discussing anymore.

The fact you cant get it to work for you essentially means you do not know how use it.

Lyssa btw gives you every boon in the game for 5 seconds base time. Does not require conditions it just works as a full cleanse too. Brush up on your build knowledge or read other threads beside your own before you comment. Just because a response is there doesnt mean you need reply. Rune of Lyssa page 2 engineer forums not even that old.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

First off it still always and continually boils down to the same suggestion. Find other players and hunt down a class with an elite you like. I just going to tell you its dumb. It is a bad, terrible, ridiculous, and stupid idea. This is your elite skill not thief steal. It is the game changer tide turner big one time skill not the Pokemon I chose you warrior (ohh crap no warriors around) skill. I should not have to ever rely on another player being logged on so I can use my elite. It is a bad idea not even worth arguing over so respond or not doesn’t matter. It is not even worth discussing anymore.

Again, “hunt down” – How empty is your server if you have to hunt down players? Just logging in i see like 20-30+ standing about in Lions Arch plenty of players from plenty of classes.

Or if you dont like that, it could be made so if its used without a Elite already stored then it gives you one from the list – then no “Hunting” down anyone, it would be EXACTLY the same as it is now – just with more added to the possible list of Elites you could gain.

The joys of people and opinions thinking that because its how THEY feel it means how EVERYONE feels, yeah because it works like that doesnt it…

I think you might need to change server if you are having to “hunt” people down.

The fact you cant get it to work for you essentially means you do not know how use it.

The fact that you go back to saying this even after i have told you different just proves that you read what you want no matter the content. As i have said My other thread was purely based on the Traits that work with it, Its not hard to pop a Elite, So i dont quite see how someone would be unable to know how to use it. Sure the Rampage part took some time to get used to as i have never had a warrior but seeing as i have a Level 80 Ele i know how to use Tornado just fine.

Lyssa btw gives you every boon in the game for 5 seconds base time. Does not require conditions it just works as a full cleanse too. Brush up on your build knowledge or read other threads beside your own before you comment. Just because a response is there doesnt mean you need reply. Rune of Lyssa page 2 engineer forums not even that old.

Right, so because the way it is written means that EVERYONE should know exactly what it does, to me and i would guess plenty of other people it would seem that it removes conditions and replaces them with boons, kinda like an opposite corrupt boon

Then again, being one of the runes that i havent touched because they have never really fitted into my build could have something to do with not knowing 100% exactly line for line how they work, though maybe Anet could get around to fixing the text a bit as well.

Also “build Knowledge” would work better for the build you are using, seeing as i have NEVER used a build with these, why would i need to read up on them? All my builds all on my toons have been condition builds :

Ele = Condition (terrible though :/)
Mesmer = Condition
Necro = Condition(until the buffs, it got boring)
Engineer = No build picked yet.

Do you know how EVERY single rune in the game works? even if none of your builds have ever used them?

From Wiki:
“The level 6 bonus does not work with Elementalist Tornado. "

So is it really worth taking if you have a 50% chance of getting Tornado and seeing as how the 6/6 does not work with it? Or does it work the the Engineer Tornado but not the Ele one?

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

@ Armageddonash

LOL!

You are playing GW2 right?

Lyssa clears all conditions.
Lyssa gives all boons.

With 30 in Alch to get HGH these boons last 30% longer (7.5 seconds).

Now there’s this nice little grandmaster minor trait that grants +1% damage per boon…and guess what? I haz all of dem right now!

Elixir U proc frenzy? Who cares, you have protection.
Elixir U proc haste? Who cares, you have vigor.

If you want to see in action I’d be glad to use it on you…but you might wanna bring your notebook and No. 2 pencils, cuz your liable to get schooled son!

Lol, for real though try it out man. It’s deadly.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

@ Armageddonash

LOL!

Lyssa gives all boons.

Now there’s this nice little grandmaster minor trait that grants +1% damage per boon…and guess what? I haz all of dem right now!

If you want to see in action I’d be glad to use it on you…but you might wanna bring your notebook and No. 2 pencils, cuz your liable to get schooled son!

As i said, based on how i read it, it read like that it clears the conditions and gives boons as their replacement, no one is perfect and now i know how it works.

I am currently 0/30/20/20/0, So dont have access to ECM, though it sounds nice. I could drop 5 points from Firearms, lose the Precise Sights for it.

Yeah you have Protection for like 7.5seconds, unless it gets stripped or corrupted which isnt to bad i guess. Currently running 20% Boon duration and trying to see how i could go about increasing it a bit more.

I could even go 0/20/20/30/0 and take Potent Elixir as well for more Boon duration from EB or Maybe 0/25/15/30/0 dropping 50 Precision, Condition damage, Toughness and Healing to gain Potent Elixir as well as 10% Boon Duration and 100Vitality

I would lose Elite Supplies but that would be countered by taking Potent Elixir which would also benefit other Elixir as well which would be nice though it doesnt seem to work for Elixir U which is a shame

Wouldnt that mean you have 50% Boon Duration and not 30% with just 30% you would be getting 6.5seconds and not 7.5seconds or am i again missing something?

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

@ Armageddonash

LOL!

Lyssa gives all boons.

As i said, based on how i read it, it read like that it clears the conditions and gives boons as their replacement, no one is perfect and now i know how it works.

I am currently 0/30/20/20/0, So dont have access to ECM, though it sounds nice. I could drop 5 points from Firearms, lose the Precise Sights for it.

Yeah you have Protection for like 7.5seconds, unless it gets stripped or corrupted which isnt to bad i guess. Currently running 20% Boon duration and trying to see how i could go about increasing it a bit more.

I could even go 0/20/20/30/0 and take Potent Elixir as well for more Boon duration from EB or Maybe 0/25/15/30/0 dropping 50 Precision, Condition damage, Toughness and Healing to gain Potent Elixir as well as 10% Boon Duration and 100Vitality

I would lose Elite Supplies but that would be countered by taking Potent Elixir which would also benefit other Elixir as well which would be nice

I don’t dare presume to tell another Engineer how to run their build. Lord knows you get 5 of us in a room you’ll get 15 opinions.

That said with a Valkarye set you’re speced for Power, Vitality, and Crit Damage, so the idea is to trait to complement that as best as you can. Some may go 0/0/30/30/10, and be stupid durable and insanely painful when they constantly pop Elixir X with quickness off Elixir U. I personally prefer a 10/0/10/30/20 with the build, but it’s personal preference what works for you, just 30 in Alch is the staple of using Elixir X to its fullest.

Naturally you’ll have to contend with Mesmer Null Fields and Corruption Necromancers, but that’s what player skill is for: Separates the Pro’s from the Joe’s.

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

unique elixir X would be great. I vote it gives Stability…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I don’t dare presume to tell another Engineer how to run their build. Lord knows you get 5 of us in a room you’ll get 15 opinions.

That said with a Valkarye set you’re speced for Power, Vitality, and Crit Damage, so the idea is to trait to complement that as best as you can. Some may go 0/0/30/30/10, and be stupid durable and insanely painful when they constantly pop Elixir X with quickness off Elixir U. I personally prefer a 10/0/10/30/20 with the build, but it’s personal preference what works for you, just 30 in Alch is the staple of using Elixir X to its fullest.

Naturally you’ll have to contend with Mesmer Null Fields and Corruption Necromancers, but that’s what player skill is for: Separates the Pro’s from the Joe’s.

I am Vit, Toughness/Power armor wise, i need to upgrade everything else – i have no earrings and >10 for all other accessories lol

Not really sure where to go with the stats for the weapons and the accessories, if i could get 50%+ Boon duration i could consider Lyssa currently i dont think its worth it for such a short duration, though depending on what the damage increase from the Boon trait and the quickness Elixir that could be a option as well

Making Elixir X Good!

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

I am Vit, Toughness/Power armor wise, i need to upgrade everything else – i have no earrings and >10 for all other accessories lol

Not really sure where to go with the stats for the weapons and the accessories, if i could get 50%+ Boon duration i could consider Lyssa currently i dont think its worth it for such a short duration, though depending on what the damage increase from the Boon trait and the quickness Elixir that could be a option as well

Well I’d focus on learning the intricacies of the class before you formulate your opinion. Sounds like your new to it, even if not new to the game, and are running into the very reason we’re the minority class played in GW2: “It ain’t easy being greasy”.

If complex combos and advanced theory crafting aren’t your thing Engineer is not going to be attractive. It’s extra hard for players who rolled thief and are already accustomed to Guild Wars 222222222222. Optimal build performance on Engineers means knowing what to use and every way to use it…other than Mortar, that skill is a hot sick pile of dog $&!# no matter how you sniff it. But I’d bet money there’s folks out there that don’t know Overcharged shot cures mobility conditions, Magnet can’t be blocked, or that Analyze can be used while stunned and ignores facing the target. These kinds of intricacies are what the engineer is all about and learning them is what makes the difference between epic fail and total pwnage with the class.

Master the class, then come back and tell me Elixir X isn’t every bit of awesome I say it is.