Medium Armor

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

I personally would like to see more medium armor geared towards engineers. Right now all the skins seem to look like something a rogue or a ranger would wear. Something more akin of a military outfit or with more utility seems appropriate.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m honestly wondering why Engineer isn’t heavy armor. especially knowing how close you have to be with almost all weapon skills. plus it’s pretty annoying seeing NPCs in heavy armor using a pistol and shield.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Matsumotoo.7813

Matsumotoo.7813

For this exact reason is why I have transmutation stones.

So sick of every medium armor piece I get is rogue like. Same with the Human cultural armor.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I personally would like to see more medium armor geared towards engineers. Right now all the skins seem to look like something a rogue or a ranger would wear. Something more akin of a military outfit or with more utility seems appropriate.

Absolutely agree, thought that myself a number of times even the stuff from karma vendors looks like something a thief would be wearing instead of an engineer.

And I am one of the multitude that hates dungeon running (which is what attracted people like me to this title because it was supposed to be an afterthought not the main source of armor) so yeah please don’t suggest this to any of us. It’s insulting.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Not that I believe we’ll ever get to use heavy armor but these asuran heavy armor skins ‘d look pretty sweet on my engineer. I’m using a mix of the T2 and T3 medium asuran culutral sets. Those are the only ones that are made of an high amount of iron instead of leather in that armor class and are looking like they were especially made for engineers.

I’d love to see more medium armor skins that are in favor of our class.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

Not that I believe we’ll ever get to use heavy armor but these asuran heavy armor skins ‘d look pretty sweet on my engineer. I’m using a mix of the T2 and T3 medium asuran culutral sets. Those are the only ones that are made of an high amount of iron instead of leather in that armor class and are looking like they were especially made for engineers.

I’d love to see more medium armor skins that are in favor of our class.

no, i don’t believe we’ll get it either. but Engineers are front line soldiers annnd…the two other front line soldiers get it.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I believe medium armor is more rogue-stylized because Engineers were made to be more like mavericks and wild-cards then rugged mechanics.

Boiled down: Engineers are like Thieves with tech/chemistry smarts, who can’t handle blades.

Which is probably why medium armor is focused on sneaky styles.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: jlneedham.8219

jlneedham.8219

Wait wait wait, so I can transmute heavy armor skins on my medium armor? I thought it was medium for medium and heavy for heavy? If this is true I may shed tears off joy.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Matsumotoo.7813

Matsumotoo.7813

Wait wait wait, so I can transmute heavy armor skins on my medium armor? I thought it was medium for medium and heavy for heavy? If this is true I may shed tears off joy.

Nope. I wish we could though.

It makes sense, though. It’d be silly to see an elementalist wearing full plate armor.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

Nope. I wish we could though.

It makes sense, though. It’d be silly to see an elementalist wearing full plate armor.

spellsword?

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

For this exact reason is why I have transmutation stones.

So sick of every medium armor piece I get is rogue like. Same with the Human cultural armor.

I agree, I hate everything looking like trenchcoats. By the way, what armor are you wearing for your engineer?

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: ReflectedRed.8025

ReflectedRed.8025

I’m wearing Rascal set currently and I think it’s quite good looking (charr).

Server: Aurora Glade
Profession: Engineer
IGN: Lord Fortack

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Haltus Kain.4578

Haltus Kain.4578

I think engineer is well represented in medium armor skins.

Engineers are a very steampunk/clockpunk class. I think a lot of people are expecting us to look like some kind of steam-powered robot; but do a google image search for “steampunk attire” you’ll see a LOT of trench coats, formal suits, and goggles. Medium armor in GW2 has all of those. The goggles category is a bit lacking – only one I’m aware of are the “Eagle Eye Goggles” from engineer character creation; but we have a couple of monocle models, which still have a nice steampunk feel to them.

Something like this or this would be fantastic.

But yea, don’t complain about the trench coats – those are there for us.

…and if you DO want to look like a steam robot, grab some dredge armor. Fair warning – the helm looks like Darth Vader was enlisted by a street gang. xD (and the light armor helm looks kinda like a storm trooper… hmm…)

Anywho, what kind of things would you like to see? “more medium armor geared towards engineers” would probably just get us more trench coats, and I’m gathering that you don’t like those. Post some images of the kinds of things you want in.

Haltus Kain [BGV] – 80 Engineer Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

I think something a long the lines of a formal military uniform, with a toolbelt and bandolier would be appropriate. Engineer’s non kit weapons are both munitions based, we should have spare ammo appear on our skins. I also think having something to the affect of steel toed boots, and definitely more goggles would be appropriate. Maybe some helmets that are like soldier’s, plain round metal caps.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Asuran T1
So at first this armor glitch really annoyed me because is makes your shield sit horizontally into your back. But once I saw how it places your kits all sideways, sort of sling style, I really got hooked on it and now a I hope they never fix it.

Attachments:

(edited by CriSPeH.8512)

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: KolyFrog.5970

KolyFrog.5970

I wish they would make Engineers the only class that can choose between heavy and medium since they originally meant engineers to be heavy armored anyway (probably why we have so much close range attacks). (I don’t believe this would ever happen) I am wearing the complete Divinity Council set (the CM set) for my engineer. (b/c imo it makes me look like a futuristic agent and I use the Spectral Wave Modulator as my rifle)

Chiksilog lvl 80 Human Engineer – Emma Mann lvl 80 Norn Necromancer
[KAIN] Centurion
“I play female characters, so what?”

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhodeo.7318

Rhodeo.7318

Possibly the closest armour we have is the Sorrows Embrace set. Mix and match a few pieces into your leather and soon you’ll have one kitten frontline Engineer.
Although, we could do with far more variety, variety is always nice.

Attachments:

Cupcake Fury | Resonance [Res] | Blackgate

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Konfuzfanten.6503

Konfuzfanten.6503

Really good gear look Rhodeo. Could you post your gloves, shoulders and chest? because it looks awesome sauce.

Commander of Blade and Quill[BaQ]
Aurora Glade <3

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

Possibly the closest armour we have is the Sorrows Embrace set. Mix and match a few pieces into your leather and soon you’ll have one kitten frontline Engineer.
Although, we could do with far more variety, variety is always nice.

That doesn’t work because I don’t want a trenchcoat….

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

i’m honestly wondering why Engineer isn’t heavy armor. especially knowing how close you have to be with almost all weapon skills. plus it’s pretty annoying seeing NPCs in heavy armor using a pistol and shield.

Hmmm, let’ see… Gear shield, static shield, magnetic inversion, ram head, big ol bomb, overcharged shot, net turret, net shot, double super elixirs, elixir S, airblast, smoke vent, static shot, smoke screen bomb, blind combo field, tranqualizer dart, flash grenades, chill grenades, cripples… Nope, can’t think of any reason why they shouldn’t have heavy armor.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhodeo.7318

Rhodeo.7318

Shoulders, Gloves, and Booties are from the Sorrows Embrace set. Coat and Leggings from the Orr Karma vendors.

There are only a handful of non-coat armours, most of them low-tier. Dulfy has a gallery up http://dulfy.net/2012/08/09/gw2-pvp-armor-collection/#34

Cupcake Fury | Resonance [Res] | Blackgate

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

Shoulders, Gloves, and Booties are from the Sorrows Embrace set. Coat and Leggings from the Orr Karma vendors.

There are only a handful of non-coat armours, most of them low-tier. Dulfy has a gallery up http://dulfy.net/2012/08/09/gw2-pvp-armor-collection/#34

only get those in spvp so that doesn’t do anything for me

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

You do realize that these PvP armor skins have their own counterpart in the game, right…?

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

You do realize that these PvP armor skins have their own counterpart in the game, right…?

yes, i do.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I use the crafted armor. I keep it brown leather tones but i make the chestplate and shoulders look metal. So it looks like a metal breastplate.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Toract.9386

Toract.9386

Same. I just absolutely hate longer than pocket level medium armor. By that I mean medium armor that goes below where the pockets of our pants would be. I mean, give us something that doesn’t look like like we’ll TRIP in them.

So far I run around with this set;
[img]http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/3361525/pics/original/1277566.jpg[/img]

I went for the whole stormtrooper/modern soldier kinda look -- and that chest piece and one other type I believe are the only two armors that maintain the ’above pocket’ level I was talking about. Infuriating. Hopefully they introduce more decent and engineer appropriate armor soon. I mean we’re supposed to be the most modern fighting force on Tyria -- how are we going to do that if we keep tripping in our overcoats?

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Toract.9386

Toract.9386

Same. I just absolutely hate longer than pocket level medium armor. By that I mean medium armor that goes below where the pockets of our pants would be. I mean, give us something that doesn’t look like like we’ll TRIP in them.

So I run around with the attached set ;

I went for the whole stormtrooper/modern soldier kinda look — and that chest piece and one other type I believe are the only two armors that maintain the ‘above pocket’ level I was talking about. Infuriating. Hopefully they introduce more decent and engineer appropriate armor soon. I mean we’re supposed to be the most modern fighting force on Tyria — how are we going to do that if we keep tripping in our overcoats?

Attachments:

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

Hmmm, let’ see… Gear shield, static shield, magnetic inversion, ram head, big ol bomb, overcharged shot, net turret, net shot, double super elixirs, elixir S, airblast, smoke vent, static shot, smoke screen bomb, blind combo field, tranqualizer dart, flash grenades, chill grenades, cripples… Nope, can’t think of any reason why they shouldn’t have heavy armor.

i’m not sure how you’re correlating skills to armor types. but just relax and think about it.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

i’m not sure how you’re correlating skills to armor types. but just relax and think about it.

My point is that with all the heal and keepaway Engineers have they don’t need heavy armor.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: ReanSean.7693

ReanSean.7693

asuran cultural medium are sweet brother. and a cultural human chick medium. o that mix is da bomb

we are the engineer. others will die and they’ll leave a dumb corpses.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Currently, it seems like Cultural armor is the best way to go for appropriate looking engineer gear. Charr T3 and T1 in particular looks fantastic on engineers… though I suppose I am slightly biased, having the majority of my characters Charr.

Take a look through a site like http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/ to find armor sets you like.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: ReanSean.7693

ReanSean.7693

mix match works too.

Attachments:

we are the engineer. others will die and they’ll leave a dumb corpses.

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: pfanne.9783

pfanne.9783

you just have to look at some of the different armors and try to match them.
i think i created a great soldier look for my engineer.

Attachments:

Medium Armor

in Engineer

Posted by: Konfuzfanten.6503

Konfuzfanten.6503

many thx mate +1 :-)

Commander of Blade and Quill[BaQ]
Aurora Glade <3