More beautiful Engineer Themed Armor skins!

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Why of why did they make the Aetherblade Light Armor not for Engineers?
I like it ’s fresh Detail and lovely Textures for both the Cloth as well as for the Metal-Parts.

If you have a look at the Aetherblade Medium and Magitech Armor instead – especially at the Metal-Parts like the Helmets or the Magitech Shoulders you notice their ugly Metal-Textures that look like they’re rusting and their odd shaping. The Magitech Helm for example which has also has an scope that isn’t really made out of Glass but anything you can’t even see trought, or the Aetherblade Shoulder shape and the Helm that with Asura even produce a Clipping Error on the Forehead.

It continues the trend of almost all leather armors with their odd Texture scheme on Medium Armor. Why do I have to wear used / rusty armor just because it ’s Medium? I want it Shiney and Clean like most Light and Heavy Armor skins get. At least those have a Choice.

I’m not an Engineer that lets his Metal rust and I do want to wear Cloth,
even if it ’s only a Layer above the Leather protection. And I want glass,
that actually is glass – and not plastic or metal

“I vote for more clean Engineer Themed Armor skins in the future!”

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

In magitech armor I may tell you I saw few interesting combination, which removed all “too high technological parts”, like that lighting gloves, shoulders, helmet.

As for hlmet is easy to exchange (if you want similar model) cause you’ll use your goggles you’ve got at begining, as for others – it’s personal preferences. I like it that way.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

in Engineer

imaginary.6241

Working around something with limited means to do so doesn’t change the basic problems if you have another preference like I do. If they were designed with more care we wouldn’t have to work around it.

Yes the Panascopic Monocle is nice, but that ‘s it aside from the Asura T3 Helm (that has Plastic like Glass as well) for Engineer specific Helmets aside from that. Ah yes, and the Overused Noble Helmet. So what? Is that enought for you? Maybe when you’re a Male Human and don’t have Multiple Sets that you need when you’re playing different Parts of the Game.

The Panascopic Monocle is actually the direction I’d like them to go concerning Textures and the overall Detail / Theme. Or at least a start …

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Outside of the male helm, light Aether armor is ugly as kitten. U wanna wear cloth, play a light armor class.

Attachments:

in Engineer

imaginary.6241

So bascially on the bottomline you’re not supporting skin diversity because it ‘s your opinion and taste? I didn’t say that they should remove existing skins – so if you’re fine with what you have, you’re free to go and enjoy your game.

Thanks for posting your picture here about the Aetherblade armor thought,
seems like not all Asura-Models get a Clipping error with this Helmet.

Btw. in my opinion all black (let me guess, Abyss?) that looks like greyish, especially paired with that skin-color looks dull, especially if you’re playing a female Asura. Female are generally more color friendly – and that Helmet hides their lovely Haircuts as well (not that they have that many). No offense thought, it ’s your personal taste

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

I do want skin diversity, I just don’t want cloth skins. That goes against the very basis of armored classes. Would u support someone wanting plate armor for their ele? It doesn’t make sense. It’s not even a matter of my taste, I have a female asura necro w/ the light aether helm (both asura sexes wear the male helm w/ the ponytail) and acolyte set in all abyss and she looks great.

Again, if u want to play a scholar, roll a light cloth class. If u want to play an engie, messing w/ bombs, nades, flamethrowers, acid, u better bring something better than silk threads…

Lovely haircuts? U mean the same lovely haircuts that u’re limited to the starter dyes so u can’t really get too colorful or else ur toon won’t match?

in Engineer

imaginary.6241

Well cloth as in cloth parts / highlights and as in more fresh textures that do not look not used with the same texture again and again. You for example can’t wear a Armor that is made completely out of Steel not even as a Battle Armor, some parts have to made out of Cloth – for practical meanings. Aside from that Cloth is/was used for cosmetic purposes on Plated Armor as well. Especially for upper-class armor.

Aside from that I do have all Classes at Level 80 and have many carefully selected sets and skins for all of them. So I do know and am able to compare many of them. Medium Armor lacks the most in my opinion.

Edit – OT:

And about the hairstyles – I know that Asura Female only has a few of them but with the Hairkit you’re able to change them and apply new (+exclusive) colors. Of course those have to be matched to either provide your main-skins color or to provide skin-diversity by going for a more normal color like Brown or Blonde. There ’s also a permanent contract to change them over and over again without paying gems. And there are also three new hairstyles (exclusive to the kits thought) that are all three good looking in my opinion.

http://dulfy.net/2013/09/30/gw2-new-hairstyles-coming-in-tomorrows-twilight-assault-patch/

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Mix and match both Aetherblade and Magitech sets really.

Oh, and play Charr too! Much bulkier.

On the rest, I tend to agree that even with the introduction of the industrial era, it tends to be lacking compared to the whole ‘DAAAARKNESSS’ fashion. For the whole ‘rusty’ theme, it’s… a matter of taste I suppose, people view the engineer’s tech in different manners.

Attachments:

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

And about the hairstyles – I know that Asura Female only has a few of them but with the Hairkit you’re able to change them and apply new (+exclusive) colors. Of course those have to be matched to either provide your main-skins color or to provide skin-diversity by going for a more normal color like Brown or Blonde. There ’s also a permanent contract to change them over and over again without paying gems. And there are also three new hairstyles (exclusive to the kits thought) that are all three good looking in my opinion.

http://dulfy.net/2013/09/30/gw2-new-hairstyles-coming-in-tomorrows-twilight-assault-patch/

We’ll agree to disagree on the cloth engineer thing. As far as the hair cuts, perma contract is super rare and the exclusive colors only 6 loud blueish purple colors. I have a lot of different dyes that I can’t use. I’ve spent 500 gems on trying the new hair style and realizing that it’s jarring to see that off color on my hair and reverting back.

Either way, this is all subjective so I won’t derail ur thread any further…

in Engineer

Posted by: slaughterfest.6250

slaughterfest.6250

Duke Goldenburg
the best combo engi-like skin I could come up with that’s was semi unique
CoE Chest, Cof Shoulders and Gaunts, SE Helm,

I would love more engi looking armor as well, all the medium, well most of it looks Ranger/Theif to me

Attachments:

Bane Of The Legions (80 Reaper)
Duke Vindictae (80 Chronomancer)
Pain is temporary, Regret is forever.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

There shouldn’t be a hard restriction on all armor types anyway.

They should just put a [L] [M] [H] symbol on skins that let you transmute regardless of armor type.

Like say a piece of heavy armor whose skin is actually mostly cloth or leather or something, it would have [L] [M] [H] indicating that it can be transmuted onto light, medium, and heavy armor.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Outside of the male helm, light Aether armor is ugly as kitten. U wanna wear cloth, play a light armor class.

Thaaaattt looks really good. Well done.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

imaginary.6241

Yes Knote I ’d really like that idea – even if it ’s not likely to come ;ยง.

Btw. the CoE Medium Armor is a good example for “clean” textures and overall look on a medium armor (ignoring the Headpiece).

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

And then you see mesmers in – for example – human t3 heavy armor. Or Necromancers in Arah heavy armor. Or warriors in light armor. No, just no.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

in Engineer

imaginary.6241

Well, it would be fun and enable you to be more creative and that ‘s all that counts.
And don’t tell me GW2 is about being realistic in ANY way. lol.

Probably not going to happen, but my suggestion is still valid
and resonable without changing the whole system.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

I think they kinda look the same……………….

The helmets are both ugly, your set looks good, though (minus the helmet).

Attachments:

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in Engineer

imaginary.6241

Sigh, people please refer from showing off your actual skin combinations here. It goes against the orginal reason of the Thread to ask for more clean Engineer Themed Armor Skins. There are other, more proper topics to show your combinations with the existing stuff.

If you want to provide to the Thread give it a +1 and/or post that you want more Skins or not. And if you’re that kind of person that actually doesn’t want more Skins like that put a reason behind it why do you think we shouldn’t have more of them (like we have 50 clean engineer themed skins and stuff).

Actually only showing your current Skin makes people believe you’re actually against new Skins and gives AreaNet a reason not to work on it further as “everyone” is happy with it in terms of Statistics (and we all know they recently favor their analytics for such kind of stuff).

I dont get that at all … at least we know who to blame then

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

As far as I am concerned, we have plenty of engineer themed armor. The problem here is that everyone and their dog is going to have very different concepts of what “engineer themed armor” is.

Mechanical engineer theme ??
Chemical engineer theme ??
Biological engineering theme ??
Agricultural engineer theme ??
Industrial engineer theme ??
Nuclear engineer theme ??
Aerospace engineer theme ??
Electrical engineer theme ??
Structural engineer theme ??
Computer engineer theme ??
Molecular engineer theme ??

The list goes on and on. How any particular person views the engineer and their concept of “attire” is so ridiculously varying. There is no way they can please everyone. We have plenty of well themed gear for us already. I will always take more, but who is to say what it should look like to suit every players view of how an engineer should look ??

Most of the engineers I know either wear, khakis+soft collared shirts, lab coats, hard hats, coveralls, or arc flash proof jeans with matching long sleeve shirts.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: Elstumpo.5860

Elstumpo.5860

I run pistol/pistol condition engineer, and T2 Asura gear (and T3 Asura weapons) look quite neat in a sort of space-age engineer sort of way.

However I’m going to get a bezerker set and make it look a lot more rugged.

Attachments: